| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 636  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:18 am 
Chard Martyr

I don't think I slept more than 45 minutes at a time last night. forking sucks. I don't want to conquer the day, or even participate.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:52 am 
Inflexitarian

My car didn't pass inspection because the windshield wipers were stuck in 'up' mode.
Drove around looking for a garage to get the problem fixed with a 'rejection' sticker where
The inspection sticker should be. It starts all over again today.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:16 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

A little after 1 AM, I woke up to a huge crash, shaking the walls of our house. I looked out the window and saw that a car had hit the tree in front of our house head-on, and from the looks of it, it had been going really fast (speed limit is 30; they were probably going at least 50), and had definitely come from the opposing lane of traffic. No one was outside, and I couldn't see any passengers. I ran downstairs and called 911. My boyfriend ran outside to report details so I could relay them to dispatch (I was just wearing a t-shirt, so I wasn't really in a position to do so) -- two people, driver conscious, another man snoring in the backseat.
Another car pulled up and pulled the driver out of the driver side window. When the driver got out of the car and immediately slumped onto the ground, it was pretty clear that he was drunk. He tried to get up and run when he heard the police, ambulance, and fire sirens, and when he realized that his leg hurt too much for him to run, he just kept rolling around on the ground slurring, "Ohhhh, shiiiit, ohhhhhh, shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit," like you would if you were wasted and suddenly found yourself in a situation that you could not handle at all, like being arrested for getting into a bar fight, or hitting a tree from the opposing lane of traffic at 50MPH.

Some douchebag from a local news station came strolling up the block with his forking videocamera and just started rolling as paramedics and firefighters pulled the other guy out of the car and loaded both passengers onto stretchers. Do they have forking police radios or something? How did they know? The whole ambulance-chaser thing is so disgusting. People were hurt, and this dude just shuffled over to put his stupid little spotlight on their poor broken bodies.
The dispatcher told me to stay up because they'd be calling me back, but after an hour, I couldn't stay awake any longer, and ended up falling asleep again around 2:30.

They called back at 4:45 (!!!), but I was sleeping.

A little after 7 AM, I woke up to someone banging on our front door and ringing the doorbell over and over again. I got dressed, ran downstairs, and answered. It was the police, who were stopping by to ask me if I'd seen anything prior to the accident, because the man in the backseat had died. He hadn't been snoring, he'd been aspirating blood.

Someone died in front of our house six hours ago. I can't stop staring at all the oil and gas sprayed all over the road, or the huge gash in the tree they hit. I am not good with grief or stress, and I am -- to put it lightly -- really, really not good with any kind of pain, suffering, or death. That guy's family and friends, it was just another Friday night to them, and then their son/father/friend/boyfriend/husband was just... dead. I know there was nothing I could have done, but bearing witness makes me feel partially responsible, culpable, like there's something I should have done.

I'm incredibly shaken up, running on maybe 4 hours of sleep, totally overwhelmed and on the verge of tears, and in 20 minutes, I'm supposed to go spend six hours alone, knocking on suburban doors and asking them to vote for a candidate that everyone, everywhere is sure will lose. I don't know if I can do it. Everything seems pretty meaningless right now.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:38 am 
Impressive boner

I'm so sorry Stephanie :( I hope that you feel better very soon x

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:05 am 
Joking!

i'm house sitting and couldn't bring all my bathroom stuff with me. The person whose house it is only has something called hair mayonaise for hair conditioner......it's exactly what it sounds like. I can't bring myself to put eggs in my hair, but I stupidly washed my hair without looking at what I had to work with first. I might hop back into the shower and use my cocoa butter moisturizer as hair conditioner.....I looked at the ingredients in cocoa butter hair conditioner and there are are differences, but not huge, the only thing I'm worried about is the benzyl alcohol in the moisturizer....but it's one of the last ingredients. I don't even have time to wait for advice as to whether this is a good idea or not.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:11 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Hugs, Stephanie. That is an awful thing for you to witness.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:19 am 
Has gasoline in her veins

flea infestation on my dogs!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:51 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

Making with the smoochy times with my crush and he pauses to let me know that he's really enjoyed the dates we've been on and he really likes me, but he doesn't know what my expectations are so he just wanted me to know that he's seeing several other people.

On the plus side, I didn't immediately start crying. GO ME!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:59 pm 
Chard Martyr

Hugs, Stephanie.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:20 pm 
ugh

Hugs to all of you. This thread is one huge suckfest.

I am bummed because I was going to see Rocky Horror Picture Show tonight with my boyfriend (you know--the kind with the live actors and throwing stuff), but it is already sold out. Boo. :(

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:20 pm 

Hugs to stephanie and darthcupcake. =[

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:39 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

I spilled more than half a bottle of salad dressing all over myself, the table, the floor, and part of my dog. It was such a mess to clean up. Now I have to do laundry. damn it.

My worst thing is dumb in comparison to stephanie's. Hugs, stephanie.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 8:57 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

First: hugs to Stephanie and Darth Cupcake.

My son got a bunch of stuff from colleges in the mail today. I am not ready for this next step of motherhood. It made me just a bit sad.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:49 pm 
She's No Isa Chandra!

I'mma kinda feeling lonely. I haven't seen 2 of my 3 best friends in this city for more than five minutes in like a month and a half, with the exception of one day. We are all busy but we do go to the same tiny tiny school and they see other people. I miss them so much and tell them that all the time and ask to spend time together every weekend, but rarely does anything come of it. :( I spend time with other people, but I want to see -them-.
On top of that, I had to cut a couple other people out of my life, after a recent incident, who were good friends at a time...which made me realize I need to cut anything that causes me stress or unhappiness, out of my life. No exceptions.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:59 pm 
Married to the wolfman

I got an email from a friend that hurt my feelings. I agree with her point, but her tone really upset me, probably because I am all PMSy anyway.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:47 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I walked 4 kilometers in the snow, in five inch heels, no coat, got home and found myself locked out. Sat freezing my arse of for half an hour.....roomie would not wake up. Neighbour saved me.

The end.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 12:51 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

AutumnVegan wrote:
I'mma kinda feeling lonely. I haven't seen 2 of my 3 best friends in this city for more than five minutes in like a month and a half, with the exception of one day. We are all busy but we do go to the same tiny tiny school and they see other people. I miss them so much and tell them that all the time and ask to spend time together every weekend, but rarely does anything come of it. :( I spend time with other people, but I want to see -them-.
On top of that, I had to cut a couple other people out of my life, after a recent incident, who were good friends at a time...which made me realize I need to cut anything that causes me stress or unhappiness, out of my life. No exceptions.

<3. This probably isn't going to make you feel any better about feeling lonely and cutting people out of your life, but I made your Bakery Style Crispy Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies (with A Hint of Maple) the other day and they are hands down the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever made. Ever. They are awesome.

I have put my mouth, this is the best sandwich. Since. I agree Araya monkeytoes too much, especially the lunch buffet. I have no idea of ​​the city center. I mean try headstrong, but I have not made there. --spam!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 1:32 am 
Semen Strong

the strange collection of emotionally damaged jackasses that pass for my "family".

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:40 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Went to a halloween party and there were three people there in blackface. It was horrendous and they didn't even contemplate that anyone would be offended. It's 2010. Mind blown.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:54 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I am on R&R and I am SO sick. Now I have a bloody nose from blowing it so much. I slept almost 16 hours last night. I'm supposed to be having fun.

But I'm going to the souqs tonight, heavily medicated. So that's something.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:21 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Thanks for the hugs, everyone. Much needed.

The worst part of today was seeing that 538 is predicting a 3.5% (down from 13%) chance that Russ Feingold will retain his Senate seat. I'm really torn up about it, about my home state, about everything. I don't know how to combat the willful ignorance, greed, and nepotism of the millionaire know-nothing crew running against him, Rove-sponsored "U.S. Chamber of Commerce" and all. fork this so-called "bi-partisan" shiitake. "Tea Party" is just another way to say "radical Republican." I love America, but this is making it really hard.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:35 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Sorry, Stephanie. That's a terrible thing to witness, I'm sorry you're hurting.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:42 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Invictus wrote:
I am on R&R and I am SO sick. Now I have a bloody nose from blowing it so much. I slept almost 16 hours last night. I'm supposed to be having fun.

But I'm going to the souqs tonight, heavily medicated. So that's something.

BOOO! Get better soon.

I hurt all over, and it is strictly from stress. This is not okay.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:15 pm 

waking up with a headache. =[

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:24 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

16 hour shifts for the week, YAY. really this means no dinner for a week too...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 636  Next