| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 7:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16086 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 501, 502, 503, 504, 505, 506, 507 ... 644  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 1:58 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

Wow, I'm really sorry for all the awfulness that's been going on; sending hugs to everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:45 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

So someone has finally said it out loud..... If I had of been calling out more often I would have noticed how unwell my aunt is and she would still be alive. Everyone is probably blaming me that she is dead.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:51 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

kara kara wrote:
One of my friends' cats was in the ER all day yesterday with fluid in his lungs. The test results were not good, and the vet thinks he has FIP, so he probably doesn't have much longer. They've only had him and his brother for a few months. So heartbreaking.

They had to rush him to the vet again yesterday when the fluid started building up again. He was in so much pain that they decided the best thing was to put him down. I feel so sad for their little family.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:52 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh Daisychain, that is so completely unfair. I send you tons of good thoughts and hope you are able to take good care of yourself.

Suicide is so rough - every time I've seen it, everyone blames themselves for not seeing it coming. But none of us are God and none of us are prescient. When my aunt killed herself, I knew she was having a rough time but never thought it would come to that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:03 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

ugh, daisychain that is so so unfair! No one should ever blame anyone for a suicide! there are always things you can look back on and wish you'd done differently, but there's just NO WAY to know what someone is going to do and it's not fair to put it on you to have fixed the major issues your aunt was having. I'm so sorry!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:08 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

daisychain wrote:
So someone has finally said it out loud..... If I had of been calling out more often I would have noticed how unwell my aunt is and she would still be alive. Everyone is probably blaming me that she is dead.

Please don't take this to heart. You are not responsible for the actions and mental health of other people. Anyone is saying this is forwarding their own guilt onto you because they aren't able to properly cope with their own grief. Tofulish is right, it is incredibly unfair.

((((((boober))))))

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:40 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

daisychain wrote:

I'm so sorry anyone would put this on you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:40 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

kara kara wrote:
daisychain wrote:

Please don't take this to heart. You are not responsible for the actions and mental health of other people. Anyone is saying this is forwarding their own guilt onto you because they aren't able to properly cope with their own grief. Tofulish is right, it is incredibly unfair.

((((((boober))))))

Yes. This. It's NOT your fault, DaisyChain. Sending you many hugs!!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 5:06 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Thanks guys. I know myself that what they said is totally wrong and I know from work and through my own experience once someone makes up their mind that's it especially with what method she used. I still took it very hard though. I have a history of excessive levels of guilt and fears that I have done something wrong so it was highly triggering for me.
I rang my friend and had a good long chat with her so I'm feeling lots better. She just started working in mental health so it was good to talk to her. I've never been one to actually lean on friends when things are rough because I feel like I would be a burden, but after my aunt it's been a wake up call that I need to start letting people know when I'm not ok.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 12:15 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

This itchy joints thing (see the "I'm Sick" thread) is not funny anymore :( I was going to go out to a party but it's making me so irritable and grumpy. I think I'll stay in.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:23 am 
Nooch of Earl

The detailer emailed back about my husband's job prospects. I know I should be grateful he HAS a job and all compared to what a lot of people are going through, but we asked to stay here or go abroad. They put him in, unasked, for a line locker job (naval reactors). Which means back in DC, only instead of Arlington, it's actually Navy Yard, which is on the green line, and i know this is extremely first world problems but a commute to Navy Yard is going to make finding somewhere to live really annoying. (Columbia Heights is great, but I don't think we can afford a 4br house for rent there even if we could find one)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:32 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I think it's totally valid to be upset that you don't get to live where you wanted. Good luck apartment hunting! DC is pricy!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:33 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

daisychain wrote:
Thanks guys. I know myself that what they said is totally wrong and I know from work and through my own experience once someone makes up their mind that's it especially with what method she used. I still took it very hard though. I have a history of excessive levels of guilt and fears that I have done something wrong so it was highly triggering for me.
I rang my friend and had a good long chat with her so I'm feeling lots better. She just started working in mental health so it was good to talk to her. I've never been one to actually lean on friends when things are rough because I feel like I would be a burden, but after my aunt it's been a wake up call that I need to start letting people know when I'm not ok.

Good on you for opening up and talking to people. I just wanted to chime in that you're 100% not responsible for what happened, and it sucks that anyone is saying that.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 3:40 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Thanks x

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:31 pm 
Semen Strong

My Dad was admitted to the hospital and has no idea who he is. He is 78 and getting more and more confused. Its so heartbreaking. And he is in Austria so I can't visit or be there with him, which sucks.

I spent the evening at urgent care with an asthma attack that wouldn't stop.

My husband brought me a veggie burger from a local diner because I hadn't had time to eat, and they packed me a chicken burger. Which I discovered on taking a big bite.

Trayvon Martin verdict.

I am gutted. Today has sucked. I am grateful to be back home with my baby girl and husband and holding on to that blessing as tight as I can.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 10:48 pm 
Nooch of Earl

*hugs* That is shitty, Tlish. I hope tomorrow is better.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:14 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Massive hugs xxxxx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:34 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Big hugs, tofulish. :(

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:43 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

GAAAAAAAH!!!!!!! My aunts are seriously infuriating!!!!!!!! NOW! NOW!! I get told I need to bring one of my aunts and get her accommodation issues sorted because she is going to be homeless thanks to her abusive relationship. Eh....... I flipping tried to on Thursday but the forking dumbpants denied there was relationship/accommodation problems to the doctor therefore couldn't make the referral to the social worker. FFS! I'm back working tomorrow. I have enough on my plate trying to keep myself going now my other aunt is going to peas off home 130kilometers away and I am going to be left to dealt with all this on my own as well as being there for my cousins who have finally started opening up a bit to me.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 12:32 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Waking up this morning feeling like my hands were almost on fire they were so itchy. And my ankle. This stupid itching thing moves joints. Sometimes my hands are fine but my knees will be going crazy, or my elbow...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 3:14 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Discovering bad things while tidying up. fork. Normally I discover cash, none today, today it's all things that remind me of sad times.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:02 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Before I found out my contract wasn't being renewed at work, I had made all these fun plans to attend summer festivals and go to the cottage and basically just enjoy life. Then I found out I am going to be unemployed, and I begrudgingly decided to carry forward with all the plans I had made...it kept my mind off the panic of an unknown future. Well, just got back from the last of my distractions lined up...the cottage. Now I'm here and am just waiting for what is to be my last week of work in a my city that has a terrible economy. I complained a lot about certain co-workers, but all in all it was my dream job. And now it's gone.

And my mother-person is major boundary crossing lately...she's been doing a lot of "copying" me and it brings up all these feelings of guilt about how I hurt her feelings by pushing her away. I shouldn't feel guilty, seeing as she abused me my whole life and would love to see me fall, but I have been conditioned (by her) to feel guilty.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 6:07 pm 
Married to the wolfman

dropscone wrote:
Normally I discover cash

I love when this happens. It always cheers me right up. Sometimes I'll leave a buck or two in my clothing pockets in anticipation of forgetting it and finding it again later and getting that feeling.

Sorry you just found miserable shiitake instead. *hug*

And PP, I forking hate that feeling you get when the last thing you had lined up to look forward to is gone. Good luck with your last week at work, I hope it's as non-awful as possible.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2013 11:39 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Texts from my sister this morning, saying grandma had fallen asleep while watching golfers outside and fell out of her chair. Blood everywhere. She crawled to the phone to call a neighbor, who came over and cleaned her a bit while the paramedics were en route. Her vitals were ok, she has a nasty bump, and REFUSED to go to the hospital to be checked for internal bleeding. ....I have such conflicting feelings. (And also feel like shiitake since I stopped trying to call home she since she hasn't picked up the phone in about three weeks, and didn't call yesterday since I didn't want to talk to voicemail again.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:53 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I was just told I'm possibly going blind. I try not to think about it too much. I will not google it, I will wait for more tests in 1-2 months. But it sucks. It hurts. I'm scared.

ashley wrote:
I have never thought "This coffee is okay, but it would be better if it were oily."

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16086 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 501, 502, 503, 504, 505, 506, 507 ... 644  Next