| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 504, 505, 506, 507, 508, 509, 510 ... 593  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:01 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

My dad had an 11 hour surgery yesterday. He made it through (best thing!), but today he has been loopy and is struggling and uncomfortable and it's scary to see him suffering and not quite out of the woods yet. He is still in ICU.

Hugs to everyone else in this thread too.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:02 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I hope his recovery is quick!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:21 am 
Built this city on rock and roll

Sending many good thoughts, Amey!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:39 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Thinking of you, your father, and your family, Amey! Lots of good thoughts.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:06 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Bit late, but sorry for your loss, fizzgig.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:20 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

So many hugs!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:38 am 
Chard Martyr

Thinking of you and your dad, Amey! Much love.

I had the most explosively awful night at work yesterday. I can't even think about it today because I'm going back in this afternoon to supervise yet another wedding that will probably be terrible because I am so poorly suited for this job (I have many other roles at my job, and this was just covering for someone else). I really dislike being called out on being flustered. Yes, getting flustered is a part of my personality. Don't fluster me more by giving me another negative thing to think about.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 12:16 pm 
Semen Strong

Our neighbors set up their fire pit and barbecue right under our windows, so as to get the minimum of food and smoke into their own home and garden. But our house fills with smoke and smells like its on fire - so I have to close all the windows and run the AC and a HEPA filter to be able to breathe, or it triggers my asthma. I can't wait for summer to end.

I have been battling asthma and bronchitis for months now, and the constant smoke pouring into our home is just making it worse. And whenever I talk to the city, they say that there is nothing I can do besides talk to the neighbors because its their right to BBQ if they want to.

I just feel like in a quasi-urban environment houses are too close for people to burn stuff, because it impacts other people's health.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:10 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Thank you so much for all the good wishes everyone. Last night was pretty rough, but this morning things are looking up a bit.

Tofulish, that stinks. Asthma is so super uncomfortable, and issues like this with neighbors can feel so sticky and awkward. Hugs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 8:55 pm 
Semen Strong

Its gotten really bad. I walked over to the neighbor's to ask them to please move the grill from right under my window, and it became a confrontation with them insisting that they would only talk to my husband, who isn't here tonight, and a lot of nasty name calling. I called the police who said again that there is nothing we can do, but that if I am having an asthma attack, they will send around an ambulance.

The whole house is full of smoke, I can't sleep, I've been suffering with bronchitis and asthma for weeks and having to live in what is essentially a smoker ever weekend isn't helping me heal at all. Apparently my only recourse is to move.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:27 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

That's so awful. Are you sure there aren't any obscure community/hoa/zoning rules that might help? I can't believe they won't just move the damn thing. I'm sorry you have crasshole neighbors.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:58 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

T'lish, that's terrible. People who don't have lung issues have *no idea* what kind of impact air quality can have on one's ability to function, let alone breathe. (Smoke, chemicals, anything. I get really stupid and stop understanding/speaking when I breathe an allergen; I can't imagine being like that + responsible for a little kid.) Your neighbors sound like spoiled brats. I can't believe they don't want to move it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:55 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Why on earth wouldn't they deal with you? It might be worth inviting them into your home to experience how much smoke and smells are coming in next time, often with noise and other nuisances people assume someone is being overly sensitive when complaining - until they experience the impact for themselves.

Failing that would a smelly bonfire on the edge of your property cause them as much nuisance? Sometimes people only learn by that sort of experience. Make sure you're out of course to escape the fumes yourself!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:36 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Sunburn on my elbows and eczema on my fingers.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:48 am 
Naked Under Apron

Tofulish that sucks. Your neighbors are jerks.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:14 am 
Flounceiad 2011

Wow - just caught up on this thread, and I am so sorry for the loss, worry, stress, and trouble people have been undergoing. I hope that those who have suffered losses can find some comfort, and that those who are worried about loved ones will have good news. And Tofulish - if you need me to come down there and teach your ignorant, rude, thoughtless neighbors a lesson in basic manners, just say the word!

My worst thing today is nowhere near as dire as some of these, but I've been awake since 4am-ish because I have a raging UTI (the first in ages; I hope it's a one-off) and the antibiotics are giving me some major tummy trouble. I spent the morning barfing and am now lying on my bed with Lucy - who's being very helpful by napping with her snout on my leg - and a pounding headache, and generally feeling like a wet rag. Thankfully the heat has broken, but my partner's at work today and I'm on my own, which is probably better for him because I'm lousy company, but I miss having him to fuss over me when I don't feel well; apparently I am a big baby.

"SMLOUNCE!" ~ smurfterrobang?!
http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:24 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I've wasted most of today after a sleepless night (hot weather plus major indigestion and stomach ache - thanks period) and a long lie in to compensate, followed by all day anxiety & procrastination because of all the stuff I have to do but don't want to do. Cerebrally I realise that not doing it is making me feel as awful as doing it but, you know. . .
Something is stopping me moving forward with anything and it's making me miserable.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:57 am 
Semen Strong

Its so frustrating - the fire department says they will come out and then the police go out and tell our neighbor again that they're fine. So today I called the Fire Dept who said they would investigate but that the fire sounded too close to the house etc.

So I asked the neighbor and he freaked out at me and said that he was going to barbecue as close to our house as he could, every day and that the police said it was fine so I could go fork off and die. So basically the fire department is making it worse because they tell me there is something they can do and then the police come out and take their side. So now they feel harassed and they're unwilling to even talk to me. I was begging them to please move the grill and they said absolutely not.

If anyone told me that anything on our property was bothering them, I'd apologize and address it. I would never do what these people are doing. And of course they say that they would have moved it if I hadn't called the police - so I am in a Catch 22 I think. I have no recourse but the police and when I call the police the neighbors get even more unwilling to deal.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:09 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

It's my first day of being unemployed and I already don't know what to do with myself.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:10 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Have some fun. Cat fort!

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 1:33 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

Tofulish wrote:
Its so frustrating - the fire department says they will come out and then the police go out and tell our neighbor again that they're fine. So today I called the Fire Dept who said they would investigate but that the fire sounded too close to the house etc. So I asked the neighbor and he freaked out at me and said that he was going to barbecue as close to our house as he could, every day and that the police said it was fine so I could go fork off and die.
What perfectly charming people. I mean seriously - what the hell is the payoff for this sort of gratuitous, mean-spirited assholery?
paprikapapaya wrote:
It's my first day of being unemployed and I already don't know what to do with myself.
pandacookie wrote:
Have some fun. Cat fort!
A cat fort is never not a good idea.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:31 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Trying to get caught up on the news of the world and every news outlet's headline is OMG KATE MIDDLETON IS IN LABOR.

a. This is not news. There have been reporters camped out in front of the hospital for a week, and she is 9 months pregnant. That a full-term pregnant woman has gone into labor is neither surprising, nor noteworthy.

b. I do not care about this rich stranger's vagina or what goes into or comes out of it.

c. There are full on civil wars going on in the world and yet the only topic of conversation is perpetuating the archaic idea of a ruling/noble class.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:45 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Trying to get caught up on the news of the world and every news outlet's headline is OMG KATE MIDDLETON IS IN LABOR.

a. This is not news. There have been reporters camped out in front of the hospital for a week, and she is 9 months pregnant. That a full-term pregnant woman has gone into labor is neither surprising, nor noteworthy.

b. I do not care about this rich stranger's vagina or what goes into or comes out of it.

c. There are full on civil wars going on in the world and yet the only topic of conversation is perpetuating the archaic idea of a ruling/noble class.
They haven't announced the species yet, but apparently the creature has arrived and is male. England's long national nightmare is over, and now everyone can go back to their austerity measures knowing that the patriarchy has been preserved. Quelle relief!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:37 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

pandacookie wrote:
Have some fun. Cat fort!

I also vote cat fort. Always.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:06 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Ooooh, a cat fort! I'll do that tomorrow. The PPK is full of good ideas!

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 14801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 504, 505, 506, 507, 508, 509, 510 ... 593  Next