| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 3:55 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 508, 509, 510, 511, 512, 513, 514 ... 631  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:20 am 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 19047
Location: Cliffbar NJ
Hugs vijita, I hope your mom feels better soon.

j-dub, I am trying to give her the benefit of the doubt, because I still need to deal with her to have any updates about my Dad etc. Maybe that isn't the best approach - I can't really see how to proceed from here to get any sort of closure with my Dad before he dies.

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:23 am 
Offline
Impressive boner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm
Posts: 4064
Location: Nottingham.
I came home early from work as I'm so exhausted I can barely walk in a straight line. I have a host of other symptoms but the exhaustion is the biggest problem. I've been tested for lots of things (except autoimmune antibodies and B12, which I'm having blood taken for this week) and the results all come back normal. It started at Christmas and has been getting steadily worse but I don't know why.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:38 am 
Offline
Making Threats to Punks Again
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:36 pm
Posts: 1126
We got a call at 2am that grandma had both a heart attack and a stroke, so my mom left to go see her. She just told me that grandma has end-stage heart failure and is now in an irreversible coma. We are all hoping she will die today.

_________________
"I will rip out your IV and other roman numerals." - pandacookie
"The one thing I would not do for Aubrey Plaza is harm a baby, by the way." - strawberryrock


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:39 am 
Offline
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:05 pm
Posts: 1956
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
I am anxiously waiting for my acceptance letter/rejection letter from the royal danish academy of fine arts' architecture school. It will arrive tomorrow at noon and I just want it to come now now now!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:58 am 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 2483
Location: Midlands, UK
DrakeRedcrest wrote:
We got a call at 2am that grandma had both a heart attack and a stroke, so my mom left to go see her. She just told me that grandma has end-stage heart failure and is now in an irreversible coma. We are all hoping she will die today.



I'm so sorry, DrakeRedcrest. Here's hoping things go as well as can be hoped under the circumstances.

_________________
"The lack of obstacles between me and cake is one of the best things about being a grownup for sure." - coldandsleepy

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:02 am 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 4508
Location: zomgz dijk
Agreed. Massive hugs.

_________________
ॐ लोकः समासतः सुखिनो भवन्तु
http://www.embracingtheworld.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:02 am 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm
Posts: 6496
Location: Boston, MA
Oh, DrakeRedcrest, I am so sorry to hear that. Many wishes of peace for your family.

Also, Tofulish, you are an amazingly generous person. I truly hope you are able to spend some time with your dad, or at least have a couple of heartfelt conversations.

_________________
I would eat Dr. Cow pocket cheese in a second. I would eat it if you hid it under your hat, or in your backpack, but not if it was in your shoe. That's where I draw the line. -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:08 am 
Offline
Making Threats to Punks Again
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 2:14 pm
Posts: 1088
Location: 'Burbs of California
VeganinBerlin wrote:
My boyfriend just got anxious, angry and agressive again. I'm in the kitchen now because because I can't be in the same room as he is when he's like this and he told me to leave him be. It scares me so much and sometimes it makes me cry. and when i cry he gets angrier. Im trying to do some uni stuff but it always upsets me so much & ruins my days :(

Hey VeganinBerlin, please be careful, ok? I'm no expert at all in abusive relationships, but getting angrier when you cry sounds like a huge red flag to me. Do you have a safe place you can go to?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:16 am 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 4508
Location: zomgz dijk
helbury wrote:
VeganinBerlin wrote:
My boyfriend just got anxious, angry and agressive again. I'm in the kitchen now because because I can't be in the same room as he is when he's like this and he told me to leave him be. It scares me so much and sometimes it makes me cry. and when i cry he gets angrier. Im trying to do some uni stuff but it always upsets me so much & ruins my days :(

Hey VeganinBerlin, please be careful, ok? I'm no expert at all in abusive relationships, but getting angrier when you cry sounds like a huge red flag to me. Do you have a safe place you can go to?


Agreed.

_________________
ॐ लोकः समासतः सुखिनो भवन्तु
http://www.embracingtheworld.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:03 am 
Offline
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:41 am
Posts: 7505
Location: Portland
lutin wrote:
helbury wrote:
VeganinBerlin wrote:
My boyfriend just got anxious, angry and agressive again. I'm in the kitchen now because because I can't be in the same room as he is when he's like this and he told me to leave him be. It scares me so much and sometimes it makes me cry. and when i cry he gets angrier. Im trying to do some uni stuff but it always upsets me so much & ruins my days :(

Hey VeganinBerlin, please be careful, ok? I'm no expert at all in abusive relationships, but getting angrier when you cry sounds like a huge red flag to me. Do you have a safe place you can go to?


Agreed.


Yeah. Better to be too hot than be unsafe. I've been there, VIB, and I'd say it's not worth it being with someone who makes you afraid.

_________________
If you spit on my food I will blow your forking head off, you filthy shitdog. - Mumbles
Don't you know that vegan meat is the gateway drug to chicken addiction? Because GMO and trans-fats. - kaerlighed


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 1:47 pm 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 10304
Location: Wolfville, Nova Scotia
My mum is doing much better, but holy crepe was that hospital a shitshow. Plus I don't ever EVER want to be with my mum in an ambulance again. It scared the life out of me. Almost literally, they had to take my vitals.

Just overhearing things the nursing staff were saying about the addicts was awful. There was zero humanity in that ER ward and I wanted to hug every patient. Vancouver is full of addicts and it's the only downtown hospital so yeah, of course they are jaded, but it was really, really, really sad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:12 pm 
Offline
Nailed to the V

Joined: Fri May 31, 2013 3:51 am
Posts: 595
Location: Cambridge England
vijita wrote:
My mum is doing much better, but holy crepe was that hospital a shitshow. Plus I don't ever EVER want to be with my mum in an ambulance again. It scared the life out of me. Almost literally, they had to take my vitals.

Just overhearing things the nursing staff were saying about the addicts was awful. There was zero humanity in that ER ward and I wanted to hug every patient. Vancouver is full of addicts and it's the only downtown hospital so yeah, of course they are jaded, but it was really, really, really sad.



vijita, I am pleased to read that your mother is improving ... they will figure out why she fainted.

as for the hospital staff, perhaps they are trying to distance themselves in some manner from what they are having to deal with ...

Cdn Anne in England hugging her fellow Cdn

_________________
"happiness is difficult to find within, impossible to find elsewhere"
"A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:14 pm 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
DrakeRedcrest wrote:
We got a call at 2am that grandma had both a heart attack and a stroke, so my mom left to go see her. She just told me that grandma has end-stage heart failure and is now in an irreversible coma. We are all hoping she will die today.

I'm so sorry, DRC.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:46 pm 
Offline
Fair trade, organic mistletoe
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:52 am
Posts: 3507
Location: Toronto
vijita wrote:
My mum is doing much better, but holy crepe was that hospital a shitshow. Plus I don't ever EVER want to be with my mum in an ambulance again. It scared the life out of me. Almost literally, they had to take my vitals.

Just overhearing things the nursing staff were saying about the addicts was awful. There was zero humanity in that ER ward and I wanted to hug every patient. Vancouver is full of addicts and it's the only downtown hospital so yeah, of course they are jaded, but it was really, really, really sad.

Oh man, I'm glad your mom's feeling better. That sounds so scary.

I know how hard it can be to get around this city on transit, especially if you're not feeling well, so please let me know if there's anything I can do that would be helpful for you and your mama. I've got a car for the next couple days and am happy to help out if I can.

_________________
"I'd rather have dried catshit! I'd rather have astroturf! I'd rather have an igloo!"~Isa

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:46 pm 
Offline
Sick of Cupcakes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:44 pm
Posts: 6819
Location: Modesto, CA
i have an eye stye & it forking hurts.

_________________
The Stay At Home Girlfriend: A zine that focuses on
vegan recipes, cat love and living with OCD.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/missmuffcake


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:52 am 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 10304
Location: Wolfville, Nova Scotia
j-dub wrote:
vijita wrote:
My mum is doing much better, but holy crepe was that hospital a shitshow. Plus I don't ever EVER want to be with my mum in an ambulance again. It scared the life out of me. Almost literally, they had to take my vitals.

Just overhearing things the nursing staff were saying about the addicts was awful. There was zero humanity in that ER ward and I wanted to hug every patient. Vancouver is full of addicts and it's the only downtown hospital so yeah, of course they are jaded, but it was really, really, really sad.

Oh man, I'm glad your mom's feeling better. That sounds so scary.

I know how hard it can be to get around this city on transit, especially if you're not feeling well, so please let me know if there's anything I can do that would be helpful for you and your mama. I've got a car for the next couple days and am happy to help out if I can.

That is incredibly kind of you! We are just hiding out in a hotel now, and my parents drove here from Alberta so we do have a car. My dad and I drove from the hotel (West End) to the Yaletown restaurant who were so amazingly kind to us to give them a personal thank you, and what the hell were we thinking. We drove because we didn't want to leave my mum alone for too long, but we went at the craziest time for traffic (6pm), and it took forever! If we had bikes though it would have taken no time. Luckily she was fine, and the restaurant staff were really grateful.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:28 am 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:07 pm
Posts: 1420
Location: Berlin
jordanpattern wrote:
lutin wrote:
helbury wrote:
Hey VeganinBerlin, please be careful, ok? I'm no expert at all in abusive relationships, but getting angrier when you cry sounds like a huge red flag to me. Do you have a safe place you can go to?


Agreed.


Yeah. Better to be too hot than be unsafe. I've been there, VIB, and I'd say it's not worth it being with someone who makes you afraid.

You are right, normally I would have left. But the heat wave, being on my period and feeling really fainty made me want to stay.

I've been with him for three years and this has started about a year ago when his anxiety disorder got really bad. He's never 'done' anything to me and mostly pretty quickly tells me that he needs to be alone. He's also looking for therapy right now and I hope that might help with it, too. I know how horrible I was to him when I was mentally more unstable so it'd seem very strange to me now to not be there for him. I try to be cautious of it, though, he is so different when he's like that. And my former best friend of over 10 years sexually abused me so I get scared of intimate agression very easily now.

_________________
http://www.veganinberlin.com
"Money ain't got no owners, only spenders." - Omar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:06 pm 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:46 pm
Posts: 2437
Tried to reconcile with my ex. It was awful. My healing and progress have been set back so much. If there was a way to disappear from earth or bleach my brain, I'm all for it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:10 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 19047
Location: Cliffbar NJ
I am so sorry SD. Were you able to find a therapist to help support you?

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:35 pm 
Offline
Wears Durian Helmet
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:13 pm
Posts: 874
Location: Seattle, WA
ScooterDiva wrote:
Tried to reconcile with my ex. It was awful. My healing and progress have been set back so much. If there was a way to disappear from earth or bleach my brain, I'm all for it.


Ugh, so, so sorry SD. Big hugs <3


So after being told by my adviser and the register office that I qualified for a hardship withdrawal because of my depression, the counseling center told me they won't write me a letter to get it because I wasn't suicidal so they don't think there is anyway my depression was bad enough to effect my academics. Yeah, because not being able to function for three months definitely didn't have any effect on my performance in my classes, ugh. I can still get a letter from my general doctor because I saw her a few times for meds, and hopefully that's enough. But ugh. It was so hard for me to go talk to a counselor in the first place because I didn't feel like I had a "right" to be like that and I needed to just suck it up, so basically being told I needed to just get over it and I should have been able to do well in my classes is just making me feel awesome.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 5:06 pm 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
Simply_Love wrote:
So after being told by my adviser and the register office that I qualified for a hardship withdrawal because of my depression, the counseling center told me they won't write me a letter to get it because I wasn't suicidal so they don't think there is anyway my depression was bad enough to effect my academics. Yeah, because not being able to function for three months definitely didn't have any effect on my performance in my classes, ugh. I can still get a letter from my general doctor because I saw her a few times for meds, and hopefully that's enough. But ugh. It was so hard for me to go talk to a counselor in the first place because I didn't feel like I had a "right" to be like that and I needed to just suck it up, so basically being told I needed to just get over it and I should have been able to do well in my classes is just making me feel awesome.

This makes me so angry. Not that that helps or anything but I hate the way people think about depression. I hope you're able to get your withdrawal without too much bullshiitake intervening.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:35 pm 
Offline
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:39 pm
Posts: 4042
Location: the Eug
My hip is so out that I am having trouble walking and/or sitting. And the pain is turned up to pushing unbearable.

_________________
Don't mind my breasts and vagina, I'm a gay man.---Idatetatooedguys.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:00 pm 
Offline
Shopped till she dropped
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:36 pm
Posts: 1689
Location: the land of too much wine and wind
My interview today was a disaster. They went with someone else.

_________________
I just brought out the carrot sticks. This is war. - paprikapapaya

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:40 pm 
Offline
Wears Durian Helmet
User avatar

Joined: Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:13 pm
Posts: 874
Location: Seattle, WA
kilgore trout wrote:
This makes me so angry. Not that that helps or anything but I hate the way people think about depression. I hope you're able to get your withdrawal without too much bullshiitake intervening.


Thanks! And whats even more frustrating is that a psychologist said this to me. What?!

When my counselor called to tell me this, she told me I could come in to talk to her about it, but that it was basically just going to be explaining why she won't do it. I told her I would come in, but I think I'm just going to call and cancel in the morning because I think the meeting is just going to make me feel crappy. I'm going to make an appointment with my general doctor for next week and hopefully she'll write it for me.

If not, I guess I'll just talk to my advisor again and see if he can help me at all.

(Also, double checked the forms and information available for getting a hardship withdrawal, and no where does it say the mental illness (or any illness) needs to be life threatening, just that it effected a students ability to finish their course work, which definitely was the case for me, so I don't know why the hell she is saying it has to be.)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:33 pm 
Offline
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:29 pm
Posts: 6124
Location: Land of Maple and Beavers
Geez, life is pretty shitty right now for lots of people, it seems. I'm sorry for everyone going through hard times.

_________________
Did you notice the slight feeling of panic at the words "Chicken Basin Street"? Like someone was walking over your grave? Try not to remember. We must never remember. - mumbles
Is this about devilberries and nazifruit again? - footface


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15755 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 508, 509, 510, 511, 512, 513, 514 ... 631  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Imogen, Mars, Moon, supercarrot, Yahoo [Bot] and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer