| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15648 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 509, 510, 511, 512, 513, 514, 515 ... 626  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:05 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I am sitting in the ER waiting room, to see if I have appendicitis. Ugh. Also, I'm really hungry and can't eat until after I see the doctor.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:56 pm 
We So Excited

Oh no! I hope it's a false alarm.
Dropped Pumpkin's insulin bottle, had to run to get a refill. The pharmacist was confused and thought I was trying to refill the needles, and seemed a bit suspicious. But I got it, just not cheap.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:19 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Sick kitties. Two baby Siamese with URIs and possibly herpes in the girl's eye and my favorite cat that I want to adopt has something wrong with him. Not sure what and have to call vet back in AM to see if they can squeeze me in. I'm scared of losing another one after what happened to Teo last week.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:49 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Feeling like a really terrible person today. I'm just so resentful of my dad and the fact that he will be invading my space soon. I wanted so badly to never live with either of my parents again. I would happily take my grandparents or inlaws any day, but my dad? Ugh. I feel like a petulant teenager. The thing is, he makes me feel like a teenager, angsty and defiant for no reason.

I will probably not have him around much longer, but instead of trying to focus on our upcoming time together and how important it will be I am getting needlessly angry over the same little things that have always irritated me.

And I hate that I am going to be his caretaker soon. And I hate that it will almost certainly become a full time job one day. And I hate that I will be doing his laundry and making his food (omni to boot) and chauffeuring him around and and and and and...... And I'm a bad person for feeling this way.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:01 pm 
Chip Strong

Moon wrote:
Feeling like a really terrible person today. I'm just so resentful of my dad and the fact that he will be invading my space soon. I wanted so badly to never live with either of my parents again. I would happily take my grandparents or inlaws any day, but my dad? Ugh. I feel like a petulant teenager. The thing is, he makes me feel like a teenager, angsty and defiant for no reason.

My father makes me feel the exact same way, and I feel terrible because I have no good reason to feel like that. Sometimes people just don't click. I feel like we would get along better if we didn't live together, but unfortunately that's the situation. But it's okay to feel the way you feel and it doesn't make you a terrible person.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:04 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Nebraskalaska wrote:
I am sitting in the ER waiting room, to see if I have appendicitis. Ugh. Also, I'm really hungry and can't eat until after I see the doctor.

I hope it's not! And they are crazy in the hospital. My mum was hospitalized for dehydration and we waited six hours until she was allowed to have some water. And I was once hospitalized for dangerously low potassium and it took them three hours to put me on a drip and give me a banana. Both were emergency cases that required ambulances.

Feel better!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:09 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I was a member of a choir but left in a bit of a huff a few years ago and haven't been back. Today I heard from the choir leader that one of the members had died after a long battle with illness. I hadn't even heard he was ill. And I won't be able to make the memorial because I'm not in the city when it's on. Despite not having been for a while I realise I did enjoy knowing they were still singing around the city, and I always liked this member a lot, and he had a great singing voice. fork.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:13 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I really want to go to my dear past roommate's memorial in the Bay Area. Her closest friends, of which I am one, are all expecting me to go. I will regret it hugely if I don't go. The thing is, I don't have the money for the flight. I've tried to book several times and all of the prices I get are beyond what I can squeeze on my visa. And it's all because my stupid car died last week, and I had to have it fixed because I can't get to work without it. I'm shiitake tired of being broke.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:41 am 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry for your loss vijita. I hope you can figure out a solution, and wish you peace with whatever the outcome is.

I remember that you went to spend time with her while she was ill, and I am sure that you both really appreciated that time, so perhaps that can be something lovely to hold onto in the midst of your grief. Wishing you peace and healing <3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:27 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I broke my toe.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:13 am 
Lime and a Coconut

Less than ten minutes after kissing my boyfriend goodbye and feeling wonderful, I passed an ex on the street. Ugh. Nothing like that to make you obsess about how you looked the rest of the day.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:56 am 
Naked Under Apron

Moon wrote:

I will probably not have him around much longer, but instead of trying to focus on our upcoming time together and how important it will be I am getting needlessly angry over the same little things that have always irritated me.

And I hate that I am going to be his caretaker soon. And I hate that it will almost certainly become a full time job one day. And I hate that I will be doing his laundry and making his food (omni to boot) and chauffeuring him around and and and and and...... And I'm a bad person for feeling this way.

At the risk of being over-analytical, I wonder if this is displaced anger over your dad's condition? In some ways it is easier to get really annnoyed/angry over little things than to deal with the bigger picture. Please feel free to tell me to butt out if I am out of line here.

Mat.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:14 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I am holding back a lot of feelings about how life is forking unfair. Why is it so much easier for other people? I feel like I've struggled all my damn life and can't catch the break other people seem to have.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:17 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Having any sort of mental illness is forking unfair. It means we always have to fight ourselves to accomplish any damn small thing.

I've had this awful nerve pain since my epidural shot on Monday. The pain clinic seems to not care, says it can't possibly be related (I get nerve pain down my leg once in a while, but not persistent and I've never had it where it is right now). My pcm told me to call them immediately (I saw her for other things today) and all they did was throw some new prescription at me that has tons of potential side effects.

I'm pretty convinced they hit a nerve when they did the injection because this does not feel normal. I can't find a comfortable position. Molly is being super snuggly though.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:44 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry LW.

PPPP, I have the same feelings, but am reminded that you can't judge your insides by other people's outsides.

One of my parent's couple friends seem to have everything, a really happy marriage, a beautiful home and a successful business, beautiful children and grandchildren and they travel all around the world and live in gorgeous places. But their son overdosed on heroin his first year at university and it has haunted them so intensely. But you would never know it just looking at them.

I know if I met you, and saw this amazingly beautiful young woman who is so charming and clearly adored by her very handsome husband, I would never have any idea that you struggle with some of the same feelings that I do.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:32 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I've been really stressed lately, which makes me very vulnerable to depression. I've been housesitting and working nine hours a day so i've barely had time to be at my actual home. Plus i get scared really easily... especially when i am spending the night alone in someone else's house. Wednesday night i freaked out, couldn't stop crying, thought i was going to die. And my boyfriend wouldn't drive ten minutes to hang out with me. So i ended up driving to his place, crying the whole way and dry heaving cos i was freaking out so much. Today i got upset from stress and not having flour. He says he can't do this again. Um, do what again? You mean not say anything other than "I don't know what to say," and refuse to spend ten minutes driving to comfort me?
And of course i feel guilty for feeling angry at him, because normally he helps me a lot and i guess he is just stressed out too. So the guilt makes me feel worse, then i feel worse and get angrier at him for making very little attempt to help me out. I don't ask for much. I just don't want to be alone with myself.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:11 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I'm really sorry you're feeling so badly. If these kinds of things are ongoing problems, have you thought about speaking with a therapist or counselor to help you get through these episodes/work toward not having them anymore? It sounds like maybe the trouble you're having is beyond what your boyfriend can help you with.

Take care, and I hope you feel better soon.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:36 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Yeah, i know it's beyond what he can help me with. But being with him makes me feel safe, and it was a huge bummer that he wouldn't come visit me for even a few minutes. Especially since he was just watching TV. But i shouldn't rely on him to help me out. It's not fair to him and it's not good for me, because i expect way too much from him. I really hate myself when i get depressed sometimes. It turns me into such a selfish, demanding person. I know i should go back to therapy but i never felt like i got that much out of it. Plus when i am pressed for time i would much rather spend my freetime doing something fun.
I made some cupcakes and feel better. Of course now i found out that one of my friend's mother just died from cancer, and another friend accidentally overdosed. I guess trying to help people with their real problems takes my mind off of my own, but still. This totally sucks. I just want all my awesome, nice friends to be happy. And i want to be happy, too. And i want all of you guys to be happy cos you all totally deserve it. Really i just want everything to be happy, but that's kinda a lot to ask.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 11:20 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

paprikapapaya wrote:
I am holding back a lot of feelings about how life is forking unfair. Why is it so much easier for other people? I feel like I've struggled all my damn life and can't catch the break other people seem to have.

Don't let that anxiety voice get the best of you. You have an education and a partner and pets and can pay your rent and worked for many years with one company and did a bunch of freelance work this week. You have a roof over your head. You have a skill that can get you hired again. Life has nothing to do with fairness but all in all you've got a lot to be proud of. Yes. Sang it.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:06 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

FWP but, headphones not being enough to block out the office's resident Rush Limbaugh as he keeps claiming "statistics don't lie"...no they don't buddy, but the rubbish you're extrapolating from those statistics is full of them.

Ugh I saw all these cave paintings complaining about vegan cheese options. I don't miss those days. -Isa

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:59 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

While I was at work, someone managed to do $300+ worth of damages to my bicycle (my only mode of transportation to and from work). I discovered it when I was leaving work as I walked up to the bike rack. I ended up walking my bicycle most of the way home because it was pretty non-functional. I am beyond livid.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:36 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

My phone is once again not receiving sound. So annoyed and fed up with spending 20 minutes trying to get a human being by going through endless automated shiitake.

And my anxiety is really bad. Nothing specific, just GAD acting up. My usual exercises to calm me aren't working and neither are my meds.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 10:59 am 
Has Isa on speed dial

got censored by a forum mod yesterday and woke up this morning still freaked out by it... this forum is my primary vegan "safe place" and I was trying to defend it against some insensitive omni remarks.

now i feel very alone.

i'm hoping that by verbalizing it first thing today this feeling will leave me and that things will only get better. :(

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 12:06 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

You are welcome to post your previous comment in a new thread, if you want to discuss this publicly. The worst part of my day is someone trying to shame me or make the mods look bad with a cryptic post because I removed something that was reported, offensive, and going to derail the thread. I don't think you know how shitty it feels when you try to keep things private so people don't feel chastised and they don't afford you the same respect and even try to use it against you.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:33 pm 
Mediocre Tart

Wow. I have no idea what you posted, _rootVeg, but you do realise the mods here are regular people too? And are modding here in their own time for the awesomeness of the ppk and not for any other reason? Well, I'm sure they get laid more often as a result, but really.

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15648 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 509, 510, 511, 512, 513, 514, 515 ... 626  Next