| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:08 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16090 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 510, 511, 512, 513, 514, 515, 516 ... 644  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:45 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

On the flight to a new city in Brazil yesterday I had things stolen from my checked bag, and today I spent most of my day in the hostel as the level of street harassment I was receiving walking around as an obviously solo gringa (it's in the north where locals' skin colour is generally much darker than in the south and I stand out loads more).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:39 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I spent two hours at the vet and they couldn't figure out what's wrong with Daniel, the cat I want to adopt.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:47 pm 

I need something I can carry around with me to remind me not to speak to or engage at all with my sister. She is the AT&T of people, the opposite of Batman, the absolute worst. And I hope that one day life jumps up and bites her in the asparagus so that I can refuse to help her.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:13 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

DrakeRedcrest wrote:
I need something I can carry around with me to remind me not to speak to or engage at all with my sister. She is the AT&T of people, the opposite of Batman, the absolute worst. And I hope that one day life jumps up and bites her in the asparagus so that I can refuse to help her.

Do we somehow have the same sister?

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:52 pm 

kfad wrote:
DrakeRedcrest wrote:

Do we somehow have the same sister?

We must. There can't be two of them... can there?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:56 pm 
Semen Strong

((((Hugs DRC )))) I am sorry your sister is disappointing and hurting you. Sending lots of good thoughts <3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:57 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

matwinser wrote:

At the risk of being over-analytical, I wonder if this is displaced anger over your dad's condition? In some ways it is easier to get really annnoyed/angry over little things than to deal with the bigger picture. Please feel free to tell me to butt out if I am out of line here.

Mat.

Actually, I really appreciate the insight. When I read this it really hit me that you're probably right.

Don't get me wrong, a lot of it truly is anger at the same old stuff that always peas me off, like his inability to ever ask things outright and dance around his needs instead. And some of it is my knee-jerk reaction to disagree with him at every turn because he's my dad that has held on since I was 14.

I hate to say it but there's also the part of me that says "if he had just quit smoking any of the hundreds of times I asked him to, this wouldn't be happening". Then when I get past that point, who else is there to be mad at? Sure, I can say "fork cancer" but that doesn't leave me with anyone to punch in the face.

Mat is wise.

eatsbabies wrote:

My father makes me feel the exact same way, and I feel terrible because I have no good reason to feel like that. Sometimes people just don't click. I feel like we would get along better if we didn't live together, but unfortunately that's the situation. But it's okay to feel the way you feel and it doesn't make you a terrible person.

It's a real boner because we can get along. We have excellent little patches of getting along. But so much of our relationship involves me feeling minor/moderate agitation that comes from minor/moderate annoyances. We've really only had a couple of good blowout fights in our years, which makes me feel worse about getting so crusty at little things because its really not warranted. It is good to know I'm not the only one who has this sort of grating-but-not-horrible relationship with a parent.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 11:07 pm 

Tofulish wrote:
((((Hugs DRC )))) I am sorry your sister is disappointing and hurting you. Sending lots of good thoughts <3

*hugs* Thanks, Tofulish. It's alarming to me that I see her becoming exactly the person my dad was. She is incapable (or unwilling?) to give even the briefest consideration to other peoples' wants and needs. She uses threats and intimidation to manipulate people. When she is angry, she lashes out physically. She requires people to drop absolutely everything in order to do what she wants, exactly as she wants it, immediately. All of this is only scratching the surface - in the depths of my depression a few years ago, she told me I should really just go kill myself. She is altogether a deplorable person.

If I were not living in the same house as her (only for 8-10 more months!), I would choose not to have any interaction with her. She is not a person that I want to have in my life. I continue to try to be kind for my mother's sake, because I know that the tense relationship between my sister and I is hard on her, but I give up. I have tried to talk to my mother about my sister's behaviour, and explain the situation, but she sees it as a regular feud between sisters and for some reason believes we are both at fault. If any fault was mine, I would own up to it (because I have qualities such as honesty and integrity, which my sister lacks).

It comforts me to know that I will begin looking for apartments in March-April, and once I move out, I get to block my sister from my life. Having to deal with her shiitake is really wearing me out, and I spend most of my time at home either hiding in my room or the basement so that I don't have to be around her.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:30 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

hugs to my ppk friends.

thankfully, my worst thing today is pretty small. instead of having a super awesome productive day getting lots of good stuff done, I spent 3 hours on the phone with comcast trying to get my parent's new cable service working. It sorta matters because my dad just got home from the hospital and watching tv is about all he's up for half the time. By the time I left, it barely sorta worked. Sigh. Automated voice prompts have a special capacity for sucking away all joyful-life-properties. They are bad.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:44 pm 
Semen Strong

DrakeRedcrest wrote:
I have tried to talk to my mother about my sister's behaviour, and explain the situation, but she sees it as a regular feud between sisters and for some reason believes we are both at fault.

Ugh! I so feel for you! When my sister was being a complete jerk to me after our mom died (accusing me of stealing from my mother and her home, after she quietly packed up all my mom's stuff and sent it to her house while I was in the hospital as our mom was dying) no one in our family was willing to talk to her or rein her in. Everyone insisted it had to be both our fault so they weren't going to get involved.

I think its what family does when they just don't want to be involved, and it sucks, because basically you're being painted with the same brush and treated like you're culpable, when you're not doing anything wrong.

I really feel for you and hope things get better soon!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 8:54 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

My mother will still try to get my sister and I in the same room. Despite my begging her not to.
My sister is cruel to me and to my kids and then tells me I cannot take a joke.

I know it hurts my mom... but I cannot continue to allow myself to be treated so terribly, or to allow her to do the same to my children.

I really do feel for you! Hugs.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sun Aug 04, 2013 11:10 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I want to adopt a cat but the head of the rescue doesn't want me to have this particular one. He's a purebred and healthy. She says it's because I have enough cats and my two big boys might be bullies but that's bs because just two weeks ago she tried to get me to take a one eyed blind cat. I love my special needs cats but I really LOVE this cat and he reminds me of my BFF kitty who died in the Spring.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 1:33 am 
Level 7 Vegan

Boyfiend and my friend went to the forking zoo while I sat in a coffee shop and worked and then friend turned her phone off and I spent 3 hours trying to get a hold of them because I was starving and wanted to go for dinner only to finally get a "oh can you come get us at 9" text message. Then I had to drive all the way back to LA from San Diego in bumper to bumper traffic and my fridge is still forking broken and now I'm sitting alone in my car crying because I'm exhausted and stressed and overwhelmed and I don't know what to do about all the food in the fridge and Boyfiend has no concept of taking responsibility for things ("I didn't say anything because I didn't want to inconvenience her" when I'm their forking ride). I can't even go into my own house and be miserable because Boyfiend will be upset that I'm upset and I don't have the energy to deal with that. Can we just have a redo of this entire day?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:18 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Oh zwingtip... hugs hugs

I woke up crying. I feel so beat down. And if one more person tells me I am so close to having my dream come true... and then ask for a freebie...

The worst feeling in the world seems to be losing faith.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:52 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My aunt is dead a month today. So I totally am in the fork off and don't talk at me constantly type mood. Not helping that my now deemed annoying aunt arrived this afternoon. She was trying to force me to eat the food she brought to my cousins house..... a chocolate cake and brown bread. Dude.... I've eaten and it is near dinner time and I don't eat food with dairy in it. She was super insistent so I said I'm allergic to dairy so thanks but no thanks. She then laid off me and badgered my aunt to eat more and got insulted when my cousin declined both of them too.

Then I got home to them nosey pains across the road completely staring us out of it. We pulled up and they were looking so I waved but they kept on staring until we were in the house. Even though it is a nice day out we have to leave the blinds down because they will only be staring in.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:49 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

So remember about a year ago Ginny had those crazy eye problems and I had to give her eye drops like every two hours? Well the underlying cause of those problems (some hard crystals in her cornea) never fully went away, but the vet said its possible they'll just stay there and never cause an issue again. Or they might flare up again. Well three days ago I kind of think she's blinking more than normal. Yesterday I think her eyes are more watery than normal. Today I just got to San Francisco and am now realizing that yes, she's definitely blinking way too much to be normal, and holding tha one eye in particular more closed than the other. Great.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 2:59 pm 
Chip Strong

Mars wrote:
Today I just got to San Francisco and am now realizing that yes, she's definitely blinking way too much to be normal, and holding tha one eye in particular more closed than the other. Great.

Awww, poor Ginny!

I know you didn't ask for advice but in case you wanted some, I hope I'm not out of line! I've never been to the SF SPCA, but have heard good things and they might be able to help or point you towards someone who can. They do no/low-cost care. I'm not sure where in SF you are but there are a few other places as well that might be good to check out, like PAWS.

http://www.sfspca.org/veterinary-hospit ... gency-care

http://www.pawssf.org/

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:55 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

The job I was apparently being "reoffered" was apparently one I have never done, over an hour away. Apparently, because it says one job role at the top of the letter (the one I did) and a different one in the response slip (the one I've never done that's miles and miles away).

I've emailed HR and my old manager to see what's up.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:21 am 
Impressive boner

I saw my doctor this morning and it appears that I'm in the early stages of M.E. It's mild at the moment but I have bad days where I struggle.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:52 am 
Discovered unobtainium

What is M.E.? Does it explain why you've had such awful tiredness problems lately?

I hope a diagnosis helps you get sorted. <3

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:15 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I often worry that I got M.E. because I got most symptoms but then again I do have hormone imbalances so maybe it's just that...

8ball I have it's not going to get worse for you. I'm sorry.

My worst thing today: I couldnt sleep again, I stink in the "im ill"-stink way, i got diarrhea and cramps, nausea, vertigo and everything itches. Oh and my mental health is not too good at the moment.

ashley wrote:
I have never thought "This coffee is okay, but it would be better if it were oily."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:28 am 
Semen Strong

lavawitch wrote:
What is M.E.? Does it explain why you've had such awful tiredness problems lately?

I think its Myalgic Encephalomyelitis: http://www.thegracecharityforme.org/what.asp

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:38 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

We had our bakesale last night at a rock show where they were having a bit of a "bazaar" too. Hardly anyone came. I felt so bad for the show promoter/singer of the headlining act. Like, there was no one there, and bands had to go on when there was no audience. The few people who were there did buy some stuff, but I made like $10. After 2 afternoons of baking my asparagus off. The other vendors, people who had records and vintage clothes and stuff, sold nothing. It was just a really disheartening, sad experience.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 1:04 pm 
Impressive boner

Tofulish wrote:
lavawitch wrote:

I think its Myalgic Encephalomyelitis: http://www.thegracecharityforme.org/what.asp

That's the one.

It's can often be called chronic fatigue syndrome. Sometimes it's not taken very seriously however extreme cases of M.E. can lead to a person being bed/housebound or even dying from complications. Some people develop it as a result of having a virus or after a period of extreme stress.

Sorry about the bake sale PP. It happens like that way too often.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:49 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

I'm pretty sure I got ripped off from an Ebay purchase. The seller sent me the wrong sized jeans (2 pairs!) so I mailed them back, they were received by the seller over a month ago and they keep giving me the run around about my refund (they're was a family issue, they'll do it next week, they'll do it "right away", etc.). I'm pissed because I just realized that Paypal won't open any disputes over 45 days, so now I've got no leverage and I'm out two stupid pairs of jeans AND my money + shipping *grumble*. I shant be making anymore Ebay purchases in the future, lesson learned.

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16090 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 510, 511, 512, 513, 514, 515, 516 ... 644  Next