| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 514, 515, 516, 517, 518, 519, 520 ... 626  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 16, 2013 8:56 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Dammit b.vicious, I am so sorry. That sucks so badly.

Mtoes, I am so happy the safe was in tact. I guess that really helps you guys figure out where to live!

lobster, my mother in law was diagnosed with kidney cancer last summer. She had about 75% of that kidney removed and is doing very, very well now. I hope things follow suit for your father.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:07 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Technically, this wouldn't be today, it would be yesterday. However, it still ties into today.

My boyfriend just moved to a new apartment. He brought his cat over for his first night here yesterday. At some point he managed to bolt out of a window and take off. We haven't been able to find him anywhere we have looked and no one has seen anything. This kitty has been my boyfriend's companion and best friend for 9 years, and I can tell the pain and anguish he is going through as a result. Since the area is unfamiliar so we don't think he will find his way back, and then there is the feral dogs and cats roaming around factor, and speeding traffic. I hope his cat defeats the odds and ends up showing back up. It hurts to see him so heartbroken and torn, and I know there is little to nothing I can do that will make things better other than be there for him. I can't wave a magic wand, as much as I wish I could.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 5:10 pm 
Semen Strong

I hope your boyfriend's cat makes it home! Definitely put out lots of stinky cat food and hope for the best!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:12 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

junkyardblues wrote:
Technically, this wouldn't be today, it would be yesterday. However, it still ties into today.

My boyfriend just moved to a new apartment. He brought his cat over for his first night here yesterday. At some point he managed to bolt out of a window and take off. We haven't been able to find him anywhere we have looked and no one has seen anything. This kitty has been my boyfriend's companion and best friend for 9 years, and I can tell the pain and anguish he is going through as a result. Since the area is unfamiliar so we don't think he will find his way back, and then there is the feral dogs and cats roaming around factor, and speeding traffic. I hope his cat defeats the odds and ends up showing back up. It hurts to see him so heartbroken and torn, and I know there is little to nothing I can do that will make things better other than be there for him. I can't wave a magic wand, as much as I wish I could.

a cat busted out of the bathroom window here a few weeks back after two nights. I live near a highway and there are other cats roaming around. AND he had a broken leg. I never expected to see him again, but he showed up two or three nights later. don't lose hope!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 6:15 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Maybe go back to the old apartment to look? Cats can travel far to get back home.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:41 pm 
Tofu Pup

Oh my where do I start. My dog got ahold of a bottle of tramadol. That wasn't even the worst part. I was yelled at by my dads gold digger wife for calling my dad for advice on what to do instead of carrying in the groceries. Then while I was on the phone with him, mummy-dearest took the phone from me and told him that I was screaming and jumping around like a lunatic...(because her mission in life right now is to make me and my dad hate eachother so she can keep spending all of his money without me getting in the way) so I told her that she was a liar. And she came and banged on my bedroom door because she's super mature like that. Now I've been shunned to my room for the night, which is funny because I'm a grown asparagus woman. I'm just staying with my father for a couple nights while my apartment is getting ready. and to top it off I was served FISH for dinner in the bedroom...gave it to the dog. Who isn't dying (whew). Gonna have to wait for Elvira to go to bed before I can go get some real food. Grr.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:42 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Welcome to the PPK?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:06 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

So as soon as I arrived at the bed and breakfast for the hen party I was told I was going to be sleeping on the floor. Dude.... if I have to fork out for a bed and breakfast I expect to at least have a bed!!!!

Needless to say I am now at home in my own bed. This girl does not do sleeping on floors.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:11 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

That's ridonk that they'd make you pay to sleep on the floor! That's definitely info they should give beforehand.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:23 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I was so disappointed!!! I have no idea why the bridesmaid organising it thought that it was a good idea. Like she had to drag the mattress off a bed in another room for it!!

As it is I can't really sleep when I'm not in my own house let alone on a floor where it will be cold and just plain damn weird. So upset over it because I was looking forward to having a break away. It's the only break away I was going to get all year because I've no money.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:32 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Finding out that a local radio has been using our family tragedy for discussion on their talkshow and the priest telling absolute lies about our family to take the heat off of him for being a downright dick to our family. Seriously. I'm breathing fire right now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:10 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

daisychain, I can't begin to put into words how horrendous I think that is. Huge hugs to you right now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:23 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry daisychain. Sending you lots of good thoughts.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:51 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

joshua wrote:
junkyardblues wrote:

a cat busted out of the bathroom window here a few weeks back after two nights. I live near a highway and there are other cats roaming around. AND he had a broken leg. I never expected to see him again, but he showed up two or three nights later. don't lose hope!

Good news! His cat showed back up this morning. I heard meowing that sounded similar to his outside, and when we went out there to investigate, he walked right up to us. I'm so glad he is back.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 7:12 pm 
Semen Strong

HURRAH! Lost cats are so scary!

Our dude took off for about an hour today, I failed to catch him after he bolted under our neighbor's house, and then showed up on the porch like nothing had happened. Stinker.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:41 am 
Hearts James Cromwell

Tofulish wrote:
HURRAH! Lost cats are so scary!

Our dude took off for about an hour today, I failed to catch him after he bolted under our neighbor's house, and then showed up on the porch like nothing had happened. Stinker.

Yeah, his cat acted like nothing happened. He was covered in fleas and dirt so we immediately gave him a bath, a capstar, and flea drops. Now he is giving us the silent treatment.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 2:01 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

I just lost out on a job because I am only provisionally licensed until I write my certification exam in November. It would have been a full-time position in a long-term care centre for older adults and young adult with brain injuries, as well as a tertiary care centre for older adults living with mental illness and substance abuse. I'm so frustrated... why can't I write my damn exam now!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:13 pm 

My brain chemistry. What the heck? Why do I feel so needy and depressed and angry today? There's no reason. I mean, it does kind of suck to have nothing to do on a hot day with my dog, as I can't beat the heat without going inside an ac'd place she wouldn't be allowed in. Also I dot want to spend much money. So I went to the park and tried drawing but it didn't feel right. Then a firework went off somewhere and Ginny freaked out and I got so mad at her (in my head)! I envisioned yanking her leash and telling her to shut the fork up, which I would never do, so it's hard to have those thoughts. That's when I gave up and am now just in my truck-bed even though its hot and the middle of the day.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 7:58 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Mars wrote:
My brain chemistry. What the heck? Why do I feel so needy and depressed and angry today?

Pretty much exactly what I came to complain about.

Can't my favourite tshirt -started crying.

Wanted to put a dirty dish in the sink and it was full - started crying.

Went to put dishes in sink in dishwasher, but it was full and clean - started crying.

Started putting dishes away to find my Tupperware cabinet is a huge mess even though I have just cleaned it recently and couldn't find anywhere to put the item away - you guessed it, started crying.

Still can't find my favourite shirt. Might start crying again.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:31 pm 

You can cry on... My shooooolderrrrrrrrrrrrrr......

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:17 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

My air conditioner WOULD decide to go out right in the middle of the summer in Houston. Welcome to my hell.

Actually, the only real thing that I'm worried about with my air conditioner being out is keeping my rat cool since he is not made to survive in this type of weather. My dog and I have already made it through many summers without air conditioning, so we both can hack it, but my rat is a different story.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:51 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

junkyardblues wrote:
My air conditioner WOULD decide to go out right in the middle of the summer in Houston. Welcome to my hell.

Actually, the only real thing that I'm worried about with my air conditioner being out is keeping my rat cool since he is not made to survive in this type of weather. My dog and I have already made it through many summers without air conditioning, so we both can hack it, but my rat is a different story.

Fans. Frozen water bottles. Put some ceramic tile pieces in the freezer and then put in the cage. Extra hydrating treats. If you usually offer just a water bottle, offer a dish as well. Throw some frozen peas in for pea fishing.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:02 am 
Semen Strong

This is really small potatoes, but I hate it when people cancel on me at the last minute.

I made plans for tomorrow with a friend a week ago, and she emails me at 10:00 pm tonight that she isn't going to make it, because she had plans with another friend for the same date and had hoped we could combine them and all hang out together but now her friend has told her she wants to hang out one on one, so she is ditching our plans. So first, I had no idea that she was inviting this other person to hang out with us, which seems weird not to mention in advance and second, I have a limited amount of free time to do stuff with friends, and I am kind of upset that someone who claims to be a friend would just leave me high and dry at the last minute and not even propose an alternative. If she'd said "Hey something came up for tomorrow could you do next week?" it wouldn't have bothered me.

So now I am trying to unpack why I feel upset. It is definitely more upsetting than it should be, so its triggering an old pattern, a stronger feeling of rejection than it warrants. I mean at the end of the day, its just plans. And even if I feel disappointed and I feel disappointed for my kiddo who was looking forward to the plans, its not a big deal. But I feel like the unpopular kid in school being ditched for better plans. And that feels icky and sends me right back to middle school, even though I am 41.

Last edited by Tofulish on Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:10 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Tofulish wrote:
This is really small potatoes, but I hate it when people cancel on me at the last minute.

I made plans for tomorrow with a friend a week ago, and she emails me at 10:00 pm tonight that she isn't going to make it, because she had plans with another friend for the same date and had hoped we could all hang out but now her friend has told her she wants to hang out one on one, so she is ditching our plans. So first, I had no idea that she was inviting this other person to hang out with us, which seems weird not to mention in advance and second, I have a limited amount of free time to do stuff with friends, and I am kind of upset that someone who claims to be a friend would just leave me high and dry at the last minute and not even propose an alternative. If she'd said "Hey something came up for tomorrow could you do next week?" it wouldn't have bothered me.

So now I am trying to unpack why I feel upset. It is definitely more upsetting than it should be, so its triggering an old pattern, a stronger feeling of rejection than it warrants. I mean at the end of the day, its just plans. And even if I feel disappointed and I feel disappointed for my kiddo who was looking forward to the plans, its not a big deal. But I feel like the unpopular kid in school being ditched for better plans. And that feels icky and sends me right back to middle school, even though I am 41

I hate it when people cancel at the last minute too! I have one friend who does it so often I kind of don't even want to make plans with that friend anymore, but I have so few friends who will make plans with me at all that I feel like I have to put up with it. But this situation sounds really yucky, I feel like it's pretty rude to make plans with one person and then invite someone else without asking the person with whom you originally had plans, so already that wasn't cool...and then to cancel on you when the other person didn't want to do that, and not offer to reschedule? Ugh, that's really not okay! I hear you that it feels more upsetting than it should be because of the old pattern triggering stuff -- I get that, I get the same way -- but, I would definitely say that it sounds legitimate for you to be very upset about this even if it weren't triggering in that way, because that's just really rude and disrespectful behavior on your friend's part.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:27 am 
Semen Strong

Awww! Thanks CQ! I really appreciate you validating my feelings <3 I think I was struggling with the feeling of "This shouldn't be a big deal to you, because you're an adult and this stuff happens, so walk it off and keep smiling." And it feels better to at least feel like I'm not totally over-reacting.

I also know that the old pattern is a really loud one for me - of not feeling good enough, of feeling like no one would want to be my friend and of being a disappointment (now to Leela). It really just tastes like awkwardness and middle school. Even if its not real now, its definitely kicking my asparagus at the moment in ways that I am finding very uncomfortable. I know there is a lesson in this somewhere, and its probably about feeling vulnerable and out of control (two things that it is my mission in life to avoid) and still managing to find a space of peace and centeredness and knowing that it isn't a reflection of me or my value and perhaps looking at the sadness of the originating incidents. I feel very Live Journal at the moment!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 514, 515, 516, 517, 518, 519, 520 ... 626  Next