| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:40 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15778 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 515, 516, 517, 518, 519, 520, 521 ... 632  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:18 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Moon wrote:
... Throw some frozen peas in for pea fishing.

I now have an adorable picture in my head!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:24 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Tofulish wrote:
Awww! Thanks CQ! I really appreciate you validating my feelings <3 I think I was struggling with the feeling of "This shouldn't be a big deal to you, because you're an adult and this stuff happens, so walk it off and keep smiling." And it feels better to at least feel like I'm not totally over-reacting.

I also know that the old pattern is a really loud one for me - of not feeling good enough, of feeling like no one would want to be my friend and of being a disappointment (now to Leela). It really just tastes like awkwardness and middle school. Even if its not real now, its definitely kicking my asparagus at the moment in ways that I am finding very uncomfortable. I know there is a lesson in this somewhere, and its probably about feeling vulnerable and out of control (two things that it is my mission in life to avoid) and still managing to find a space of peace and centeredness and knowing that it isn't a reflection of me or my value and perhaps looking at the sadness of the originating incidents. I feel very Live Journal at the moment!

I agree with CQ, it's a legitimate thing to be upset about. Cancelling that late is careless of your friend, and it sounds like they handled the whole thing badly. I hope you have a forking awesome day anyway!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:31 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Read this article (warning: lots of sexual harassment-style triggers) http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-1023053 and then remembered all of the sexual harassment I had to deal with while living in Varanasi for two years + how my dad still fails at "getting it". (Like, he's furious because I was hurt, but doesn't "get" the system-wide disrespect or trouble women face on the subcontinent, and that peas me off.)

eta: I was sexually harassed almost daily at BHU, but never to the extent the lady in that article was. Like, I'm almost embarrassed to call it "harassment" it's so benign in comparison. (But dudes, it still sucked so bad to feel like a body and not a person.)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:42 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

The day has only begun, really, but so far this is winning:

http://www.demotix.com/news/2454005/neo ... /all-media

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:58 pm 
Memorized Veganomicon

hmm....well, I am really resenting my sister lately. Hardcore. I would think, given our ages (I'm 22, she's nearly 18) we'd be able to have more of a friendly relationship. But no. This is impossible, due to her shitty attitude. Now, she's pregnant, so I get that she's hormonal and crepe, and I can deal with a certain amount of moodiness. But she has ALWAYS been moody, so this is really nothing new. But I can't, literally CAN'T do or say anything right in her eyes. If my parents want her to do chores, she snaps at me if I dare to remind her to do them. She left dishes sitting in the sink ALL DAY which drives me up the wall. And most days, she sits in front of the television watching netflix all day long, so it's not as though she's busy doing so many other things. Anything I say or do to her is met with short, terse responses, and it hurts my feelings so bad. And she gets away with so much more than should. I really want us to be friends, but I don't know if that will ever be possible. I'm not a perfect sister, I know, but I am so tired of apologizing to he

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 9:33 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

She's so young. Take a break from her now while she annoys you, most people change so freaking much from 17-mid 20's.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:18 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

My old job flirted with the idea of taking me back on (it's contract work), but I haven't heard from them and term starts next week so I feel like that's probably a "no".

Also, my mother is staying, and behaving like a nasty bisque*, my ex found a flat and is moving out, but it's unfurnished so he's taking the bed and the TV and other things I can't afford to replace.

I'm still jobless, and gathering my evidence to go to the local council and try and get exemptions and benefits from them so I can pay my rent and other such luxuries.

I'm in the mood for a panic attack. I really think so. I've been trying not to let things phase me, but it would be nice if people would remember that my entire life fell apart two months ago and I still find everything completely and totally overwhelming at times and for the first month I couldn't actually cope with being in the same room as another person for more than an hour. This is about ten weeks after The Events, but I still find it odd having my mother and brother and ex all in the same room.

* "you should pay Ollie back all the money you owe him" except I don't owe him money, we were financially supporting one another as couples do as Ollie, who was in the room at the time, told her. Plus, there's the "Gulliver, your house is disgusting, you need to clean right now. This is how you clean..." thing, which I very sensibly didn't reply with "well, at least is doesn't stink of cat peas all the time like yours". At least she hasn't called me fat yet.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:15 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

My homeowners insurance company is dropping me. Because my house flooded when I first bought it. And I know everyone's doing what they're supposed to be doing, but all I feel is like I'm being punished for having something bad happen to me.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:30 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

That sucks, Fee.

I don't understand American insurance companies. It almost makes it seem like there's no point in having insurance. That shiitake is illegal in Europe. I wish there was better regulation and consumer protection for insurance in the US.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:42 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

It mostly does seem pointless. The message I'm getting is that insurance is NECESSARY unless you ever need to use it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:08 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

My anxiety is horrible right now. Being jobless makes for a lot of free time to just ruminate over anxious thoughts and have panic attacks. I'm trying to fill my days, but it's really hard.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:58 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Big hugs PP. Anxiety is the worst.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:09 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

I just heard that a good friend passed away suddenly at age 35; complications from pneumonia. That makes four friends who have this year, none of them over 50. 2013 is REALLY not covering itself with glory, and the universe can cut the shiitake any time now.

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:21 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

Desdemona wrote:
I just heard that a good friend passed away suddenly at age 35; complications from pneumonia. That makes four friends who have this year, none of them over 50. 2013 is REALLY not covering itself with glory, and the universe can cut the shiitake any time now.

I am truly sorry for you loss. It is always quite shocking when someone close to us dies that young. I think we have this assumption that we`ll have them for many years to come. I have had this experience, and it was incomprehensible. I`m sorry your year has been so filled with loss -terrible.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:24 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

jean wrote:
Desdemona wrote:
I just heard that a good friend passed away suddenly at age 35; complications from pneumonia. That makes four friends who have died this year, none of them over 50. 2013 is REALLY not covering itself with glory, and the universe can cut the shiitake any time now.

I am truly sorry for you loss. It is always quite shocking when someone close to us dies that young. I think we have this assumption that we`ll have them for many years to come. I have had this experience, and it was incomprehensible. I`m sorry your year has been so filled with loss -terrible.
Thank you; it just seems so unreasonable, and so unfair. (I know how childish that sounds, but still. GAAAH!)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:27 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Desdemona wrote:
I just heard that a good friend passed away suddenly at age 35; complications from pneumonia. That makes four friends who have died this year, none of them over 50. 2013 is REALLY not covering itself with glory, and the universe can cut the shiitake any time now. . . .Thank you; it just seems so unreasonable, and so unfair. (I know how childish that sounds, but still. GAAAH!)

Oh, ladyness. That sounds like my 2011. Tough shiitake is so tough. I send you so many piles of hugs.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:31 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Queen Couscous wrote:
hmm....well, I am really resenting my sister lately. Hardcore. I would think, given our ages (I'm 22, she's nearly 18) we'd be able to have more of a friendly relationship. But no. This is impossible, due to her shitty attitude. Now, she's pregnant, so I get that she's hormonal and crepe, and I can deal with a certain amount of moodiness. But she has ALWAYS been moody, so this is really nothing new. But I can't, literally CAN'T do or say anything right in her eyes. If my parents want her to do chores, she snaps at me if I dare to remind her to do them. She left dishes sitting in the sink ALL DAY which drives me up the wall. And most days, she sits in front of the television watching netflix all day long, so it's not as though she's busy doing so many other things. Anything I say or do to her is met with short, terse responses, and it hurts my feelings so bad. And she gets away with so much more than should. I really want us to be friends, but I don't know if that will ever be possible. I'm not a perfect sister, I know, but I am so tired of apologizing to he

My siblings and I couldn't get along when we were younger, partially because of living together. Once you've both left home and had some space and time to yourselves, you'll (hopefully) start to get along. Now that I live in another country, my siblings even got so excited when I last visited that they told me I didn't have to get them Xmas presents!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:32 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Horrible debilitating period death cramps from hell.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:17 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

lutin wrote:
Desdemona wrote:
I just heard that a good friend passed away suddenly at age 35; complications from pneumonia. That makes four friends who have died this year, none of them over 50. 2013 is REALLY not covering itself with glory, and the universe can cut the shiitake any time now. . . .Thank you; it just seems so unreasonable, and so unfair. (I know how childish that sounds, but still. GAAAH!)

Oh, ladyness. That sounds like my 2011. Tough shiitake is so tough. I send you so many piles of hugs.
Yeah, it's not been great. The whole "culling of the friends" motif is obviously the worst, but this year has been weird in a bunch of ways. My partner broke both of his ankles back in May, which put an unavoidable crimp in the summer. Thankfully he's much better now, but still not 100% and waiting on a few more test results to be sure the more complicated break has healed properly. Meanwhile his mom (who's suffering from mild dementia) fell and broke her elbow last week, his elderly uncle went into hospital with still-undiagnosed chest pains, and one of his daughters returned from a trip to Costa Rica with such a nasty GI bug that she landed in the ER on IV fluids. He's been up in Canada visiting his family this past week, and was supposed to be driving home with both his girls today, but clearly that's not happening and he's staying put for the time being. So that's all very worrisome, plus I selfishly miss him because I am a big baby.

On the home front, my sister spent 4 days in the hospital this week with what might be gall bladder issues; tests were inconclusive, but more are pending. And then there's my son starting his senior year of HS (GAAK!) on Monday, and the syllabi and calendars my partner and I both need to pull together before our classes start on the 3rd, and it's safe to say things are a bit stressful. (Damn. It's not too early for a drink, right?)

paprikapapaya wrote:
My anxiety is horrible right now. Being jobless makes for a lot of free time to just ruminate over anxious thoughts and have panic attacks. I'm trying to fill my days, but it's really hard.
Oh, sweetie. I'm sorry you're having such a rough time; I hope things take a turn for the better soon. (It might make you feel better - or at least have a snicker at my expense - that I read your second sentence as "Being jobless makes for a lot of free time to just ruminate over anxious thoughts and have picnic attacks." Which suggestS that an al fresco lunch may be in order! XOXOXO)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:39 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

So sorry for your loss Desdemona xxx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:37 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

On the way home from the beach yesterday i saw a truck stuffed with chickens. I think it is the saddest thing i've ever witnessed. I looked at one right in the eyes and almost cried. Then i had to shield my eyes because it was so upsetting.
I do my best to remain positive and concentrate on all the good i am accomplishing by being vegan and spreading vegan food love, but it's really hard to keep a positive attitude when tragedy stares you in the face.
I tried to tell myself that soon they will be in chicken heaven, flapping their feathers in the sun. I just really hope that's true.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:42 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm at an out of state training for work and they go out as a group for dinner every night. I decided I should go one night before everyone thinks I'm antisocial. The awkwardness of only being able to eat a bowl of plain rice and fending off the weird looks is just as bad.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:43 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

annabazoo wrote:
On the way home from the beach yesterday i saw a truck stuffed with chickens. I think it is the saddest thing i've ever witnessed. I looked at one right in the eyes and almost cried. Then i had to shield my eyes because it was so upsetting.
I do my best to remain positive and concentrate on all the good i am accomplishing by being vegan and spreading vegan food love, but it's really hard to keep a positive attitude when tragedy stares you in the face.
I tried to tell myself that soon they will be in chicken heaven, flapping their feathers in the sun. I just really hope that's true.

The same thing happened to me a week ago. My boyfriend and I were driving to our favorite restaurant when we saw a truck overcrowded with chickens to the point of them being mashed against the siding and unable to move much less probably breathe. I started crying my eyes out. When we got to the restaurant, I couldn't even eat my meal because I was so upset.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:32 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Desdemona, I'm so sorry for your loss; and the losses you have experienced all year. That is heartbreaking.

Paprikapapaya, Ugh, anxiety is the worst. Do you practice yoga? I find it to be very calming at times. Or even just getting any kind of exercise can help burn excess nervous energy. Maybe you can plan to meet friends for lunch during their lunch break from work or get together during the day with people who work odd hours, are stay at home parents, retired, etc. I know spending too much time alone can sometimes increase anxiety.

I have a family member who is going through a very rough time right now, and I am literally worried sick.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 4:38 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

A police car parked in front of the neighbors house has triggered a massive anxiety attack.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15778 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 515, 516, 517, 518, 519, 520, 521 ... 632  Next