| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 5:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 521, 522, 523, 524, 525, 526, 527 ... 627  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:54 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

8ball wrote:
Today's competition photos showed me how much weight I've gained since I hurt my back in April/May and started getting ME symptoms. Time to burn off some adipose tissue!

i looked up the competition, out of curiosity, and holy crepe 8ball! that`s awesome!!! now i imagine you look like that kid in the Hunger Games that threw the huge metal ball just to get everyone's attention. good for you!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:54 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

8ball wrote:
Today's competition photos showed me how much weight I've gained since I hurt my back in April/May and started getting ME symptoms. Time to burn off some adipose tissue!

i looked up the competition, out of curiosity, and holy crepe 8ball! that`s awesome!!! now i imagine you look like that kid in the Hunger Games that threw the huge metal ball just to get everyone's attention. good for you!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 6:16 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

My friend's son was hospitalized really early this morning after having a seizure caused by a really high fever. Apparently that's not unusual? They sent him home after an hour with a bottle of Motrin. What??

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:49 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Don't mind the trivial nature of this in comparison but; looking forward all day to meeting my crush at a certain time... And then have that time be pushed back for probably longer than an hour with about a half hours notice. :< I know it's for totally legit stuff but I'm literally just sitting in my car in a parking lot getting crazy anxiety belly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:36 pm 

At what point of anxiety over this do I freak out and have a panic attack? I hate that this is causing me so much stress. I'm ready to get over it mentally but my body is stressing the fork out.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:56 pm 
Semen Strong

Can you find a distraction? Or else a way to narrate your somatic experience? I had crazy anxiety this afternoon around our neighbors grilling and the smoke and it helped to just narrate minute by minute - "oh my body feels stressed. My heart rate is up. I can feel my heart flutter and my brain is foggy and light." It just gives me some space to separate myself from my physical experience. And then ask myself what I need to feel safe.

My husband was super supportive of my feelings and I was able to feel safe. And our house stayed smoke free which was great.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:07 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Awkwardest weekend with a friend, ever. She was so grumpy, she made me grumpy. And to make matters worse, I let her bully me into taking over-the-counter allergy medicine which had milk in it (the only option at the only pharmacy open on a holiday weekend in a tiny, tiny town in the Hartz Mountains) .... and it didn't work. I hate cats, I hate allergies, I hate medicine, I especially hate medicine with milk-derived lactose, and I especially hate it when it is ineffective at doing the thing it's supposed to do. Grump, grump, grump, grump. (I'll get over it in a day or two. But I'm so annoyed right now. Seriously, awkwardest weekend ever. I don't think my friend and I managed to enjoy each other a full 20 minutes I was there.)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:08 am 
Semen Strong

Hugs Latin. That blows.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:19 am 

I like hugs. Thanks T'lish. <3

eta: I don't actually hate any of those things. I'm just working on getting the grumps out of my system. (.....But why would any company put such an allergy-causing thing (milk!) into allergy medicine? Or into any medicine? It boggles the mind.)

Last edited by lutin on Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:20 am 
Semen Strong

Dyac! I swear I typed lutin! Sending many hugs!

How is Nature Boy?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:22 am 

It's ok. I'm happy to be a (semi-dead) language. So long as these grumps stop being so grumpy, I don't care what you get auto-corrected calling me. :P

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 1:59 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Hugs! 'Latin' gave me the first laugh of my day.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 11:52 am 

Thanks Tlish. He ended up calling and was super apologetic; apparently after his first text in regards to being late (which he said he initially meant as just like 15-30 mins) he locked his phone and keys in his car. We hung out still and had a lovely night regardless. :) new worst thing: realizing I have quite the anxiety issues! I actually used to get the same crazy anxiety/wanting to stab everyone feeling when my ex-husband would go out with friends, say he would be home at X time and then be ~2 hours later than that. So it's not a new problem!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:52 am 

Grandma and I talked for 20 minutes yesterday, which is the longest since February? Or March? I thought it meant she was "doing ok", but mom and I are chatting now, and she isn't. Her body is even more full of fluid than it was in May (edema), her legs are leaking like fountains, she can't handle bathroom stuff because she can't move from the edema.....Sounds like she's going to request hospice send her to a nursing home? Instead of going to hospital for more drainage? It's good for her, she'll get "better care" (I hope!) and good for mom, who can't deal with the situation again, but maaaaaaan, it sucks. I can imagine the mental stuff grandma's going through, and it sucks so bad. No wonder she was cranky when we were talking yesterday.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:25 am 
Impressive boner

Sore glands in neck and under arms. I am fighting off some sort of illness but I've never been sick with a fatigue disorder before and don't know what to expect!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:48 am 
Dead by dawn

Small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, but I had my heart absolutely set on the inaugural Ironman Chattanooga next year. Registration opened at 9am my time and by 9:01 it was saying it couldn't add a registration to my cart because it was sold out. I refreshed a couple of times and some people who were holding slots must have exited without completing registration because it said I had a slot held for 15 minutes while I completed the form. That took maybe 4 minutes but when I hit Next it went back to saying it was sold out. And then the site crashed entirely and I had to leave for work. And I'm really late and the bus is really late and it's all for nothing because I couldn't even get into the race of a lifetime. I'm at the bus stop trying not to cry.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:04 pm 

:(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:27 pm 

More sadfaces for you, m'toes. :(

My worst thing is that the crusty skin covering my second degree burn disappeared sometime between yesterday and today, so I spent all of today shivering like I would after a bad sunburn + in intermittent pain as the skin tries to re-heal. It looks awesome again tonight (well, as awesome as a healing-wound-in-progress goes), so I hope it's healing for real and we don't have to repeat this terrible process.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:01 pm 
Dead by dawn

Oh lutin, that sounds awful. It's been forever since I've had a bad burn but they're such unpleasant healing.

My sister tried to get me into the race as well since I had to leave for work, but now the only slots are Ironman Foundation slots, which cost an extra $650 on top of the entry fee. The upside is that it gets you into an otherwise sold out race and that the extra money is a tax deductable charitable contribution to organizations in the community holding the race. I'm tempted. I wonder how to raise the extra cash though... do you think people would donate to a personal plea along the lines of "help an aspiring athlete achieve a dream by contributing towards her required charitable donation" would move anyone? Anything over the $650 that is the donation part would go to the title sponsor (The Chrohns and Colitis Foundation) so I wouldn't be asking anyone to actually donate toward my entry fee... I dunno, I suck at asking for money!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:59 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i need more patience. my current stock is almost gone.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:04 pm 
WRETCHED

monkeytoes! I've been trying to come up with a reason to go to Chatanooga, do you know that they have a hotel that is partially a train? Yeah, so you should come, I will convince my husband to go visit you while you are in TN and we can watch you! And I'd donate to you!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:45 pm 
Dead by dawn

linanil wrote:
monkeytoes! I've been trying to come up with a reason to go to Chatanooga, do you know that they have a hotel that is partially a train? Yeah, so you should come, I will convince my husband to go visit you while you are in TN and we can watch you! And I'd donate to you!

That's very nice of you, but the charity slots were snapped up in a flash as well. I'm not going to say I'm over it yet, but it's on to Plan B, which is Ironman Arizona. I have a guarantee into that race because I'm working a volunteer shift at this year's race in November.

But any PPKers who have a reason to be in Tempe in mid-November 2014 are welcome (like it such an honor!) to come spectate as I torture myself for 14-17 hours for a dubious claim to fame. :)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 9:23 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I have a huge sale on Saturday. I was supposed to have the supplies to make new tea tonight. The supplies are not here. I am trying not to panic.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 10:08 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

A married friend is pushing me really hard to sleep with him. He cannot wrap his brain around why I won't. This is so annoying. I like him a lot and feel bad that his marriage is so awful, but I'm not really into pity sex with married dudes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 11:36 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

ashley wrote:
A married friend is pushing me really hard to sleep with him. He cannot wrap his brain around why I won't. This is so annoying. I like him a lot and feel bad that his marriage is so awful, but I'm not really into pity sex with married dudes.

That is awful! Pushing someone to have sex is annoying even when marriage is not involved.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15657 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 521, 522, 523, 524, 525, 526, 527 ... 627  Next