| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16066 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 527, 528, 529, 530, 531, 532, 533 ... 643  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 2:58 pm 
Dead by dawn

I just got 60 days notice that I'm being laid off. My entire job title is being eliminated so I can't even look into an internal transfer. I'm scared.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:00 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Monkeytoes and ashley, I am so, so sorry. I can't even imagine.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:04 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Tofulish wrote:
Hey SD, are you thinking about going back to Colorado? I hope you're doing okay. I know you were having a really difficult time with your ex for a while. <3 Sending lots of good thoughts <3

I am, tofulish. It really is my happy place, and I tied my breakup misery into it. I still miss it, and the ex and I are on friendly terms now. Thanks so much for the positive vibes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 3:06 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I am so sorry, PPP, ashley, and monkeytoes. Big hugs to you all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 4:01 pm 
Chip Strong

Not today, but yesterday I fell off a scooter on a steep hill. Couldn't pick it up by myself, so I dragged it to the side of the busy road and cried for half an hour while hundreds of people stared at me until my boyfriend came.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:18 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

monkeytoes wrote:
I just got 60 days notice that I'm being laid off. My entire job title is being eliminated so I can't even look into an internal transfer. I'm scared.

Oh man, mtoes, this is balls. I've got faith you'll land on your feet, though.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:26 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

ScooterDiva wrote:
Tofulish wrote:
Hey SD, are you thinking about going back to Colorado? I hope you're doing okay. I know you were having a really difficult time with your ex for a while. <3 Sending lots of good thoughts <3

I am, tofulish. It really is my happy place, and I tied my breakup misery into it. I still miss it, and the ex and I are on friendly terms now. Thanks so much for the positive vibes.

SD, my memory is that you had a really hard time in Colorado outside of the situation with your ex--both with work and social isolation. It sort of seems (from afar) that when things get rough you up and move. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but can make creating stability and community very difficult.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:31 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

monkeytoes wrote:

Oh no! I am so sorry...!

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:14 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Big hugs to everyone in this thread. MT, PP, ashley, and everyone else!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 8:50 am 
Dead by dawn

It'll be OK, somehow. I haven't had a real job interview in over a decade so that will be some scary shiitake. But I have contacts in my industry and good references. And biker boy is the best. There is a straight commission option that would keep me in my office, but I can't even think about the risk involved in not having a salary. He told me that with us living together and his income being enough to support us that it was a good time to go on commission if it's what I wanted. It's not, but it's awesome to know that he's there to help take care of me and that I'm not looking at losing my house or anything like that.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:30 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

My antibiotics didn't work, and my infection is back with more painful symptoms. Off to the doctor on Tuesday.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:45 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

So sorry, monkeytoes! Hope you find something else soon.

Thanks everyone for the support.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:59 pm 
Dead by dawn

ashley wrote:
So sorry, monkeytoes! Hope you find something else soon.

Thanks everyone for the support.

You too, ashley! I used to complain about my (sort of) boss a lot here and I sort of don't anymore because as bad as it is, it doesn't rise to the level of harassment and ugliness that you're experiencing. I guess the plus side of this is that when I walk out of here in 60 days I will never have to see him again. I hope you can find something to get you out of there too... no one should be dealing with the stuff you're dealing with at work!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:06 pm 
Semen Strong

Sending tons of good thoughts to all in the thread!

Good luck finding something new and better, m'toes! I know you're going to land on your monkeyfeet!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:03 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

So to start the day off I find out that the position I've been trying to get for FOREVER is going to open again, and under my very good friend and boss who has mad respect for me, so start out super excited and hopeful. Then some head honcho types come by and tell her not to worry - they've got plans for that and will handle it themselves - she doesn't have to spend all that time hiring and interviewing yay isn't that great!

I'm getting really really tired with how this company handles their hiring.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:34 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Yikes, monkeytoes! That sucks. But you will definitely land on your feet, I'm sure, and I'm glad you have such a supportive partner.

I'm sorry for everyone's hard times. Bleh.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:56 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Rubella wrote:
Not today, but yesterday I fell off a scooter on a steep hill. Couldn't pick it up by myself, so I dragged it to the side of the busy road and cried for half an hour while hundreds of people stared at me until my boyfriend came.

I hate when shiitake like that happens. What's wrong with people? Why don't people help when someone obviously needs it? So messed up.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:57 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I'm so over being on vacation. We went kayaking yesterday and my shoulders and legs got burnt. Not super bad, but bad enough today I feel terrible and really just want to lay on the couch all day because I hurt ever where and feel like I'm going to throw up. But we're in Kauai, so everyone else is now pissed off and guilt tripping me. Sorry that I get sun poisoning? So now I'm in the car on the way to town so I can sit in the sun and feel even shittier because staying in our hotel was not an option. And this is why I usually refuse to go on vacations with my parents, because they always want to go hot places and even though they say its fine if I don't want to be out in the sun all day, it's really not and then I get sick.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:04 pm 
Semen Strong

Carlito, my poor cat's dog bites got infected and we are on round two at the vet. I am hoping we can find a way to help heal him quickly, but I am also so dismayed at how much this is costing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:08 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

The rejection from my family hurts like crazy.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:12 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry daisychain! It sounds like you're doing the best you can for everyone, and maybe its time to pull back and take care of yourself. You've been through so much. Sending lots of good thoughts to you and Lexi!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:14 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Thanks hun. Just gutted that people are twisting people against me at a time like this when we should all be pulling together.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:44 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

daisychain, hang in there. i made a new friend today who made me feel so comfortable and found myself talking about our situation here (which is only similar to yours in that we have family who are making our lives miserable) and heard myself talking and realized how horrible it all sounds. people are jerks. It's even worse, like you say, when they are family and you figure they are supposed to be there for you, but they stab you deeper than anyone else. I'm so sorry and keep on keeping on.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:53 pm 
Semen Strong

T. can L and I come visit you and pick kale and get Loving Hut or something? I hate that you're having a hard time - you are one of the best people I know. I straight-up puffy heart love you and I can't believe anyone can't see what a great person you are.

Mad love <3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:43 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

you are very sweet T but i don't even know where to begin. everything we do makes it worse (and i'd be calling you to vent about it but they listen, they go through my stuff, they probably read my emails, and if they're here, STOP BEING PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE AND GROW A PAIR, you should be ashamed of yourself [sorry].
last time i went to the work party it made things SOOOOOO bad. They harrassed G the whole time i was gone because I made food for the potluck and they wanted to eat it. I am STILL hearing snide comments about how i took my foccaccia to feed "those people" [i am one of those people...]. So this weekend for the potluck, I am going to make something really good, like a cookie pie, and not let them have it either. My brother will be here, and they shouldn't be so bad if he's around, otherwise i would take G with me and leave her in the car. le sigh.
But the week that they are gone, we are coming down to visit you, no doubt, we are going to be normal for a while. Sep 29-5th, i am considering taking her out of school that week so we can have fun. keep me posted about when you'll be dealing with your own family drama. big hugs lady.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16066 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 527, 528, 529, 530, 531, 532, 533 ... 643  Next