| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 528, 529, 530, 531, 532, 533, 534 ... 648  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:44 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

you are very sweet T but i don't even know where to begin. everything we do makes it worse (and i'd be calling you to vent about it but they listen, they go through my stuff, they probably read my emails, and if they're here, STOP BEING PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE AND GROW A PAIR, you should be ashamed of yourself [sorry].
last time i went to the work party it made things SOOOOOO bad. They harrassed G the whole time i was gone because I made food for the potluck and they wanted to eat it. I am STILL hearing snide comments about how i took my foccaccia to feed "those people" [i am one of those people...]. So this weekend for the potluck, I am going to make something really good, like a cookie pie, and not let them have it either. My brother will be here, and they shouldn't be so bad if he's around, otherwise i would take G with me and leave her in the car. le sigh.
But the week that they are gone, we are coming down to visit you, no doubt, we are going to be normal for a while. Sep 29-5th, i am considering taking her out of school that week so we can have fun. keep me posted about when you'll be dealing with your own family drama. big hugs lady.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:01 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

torque wrote:
you are very sweet T but i don't even know where to begin. everything we do makes it worse (and i'd be calling you to vent about it but they listen, they go through my stuff, they probably read my emails, and if they're here, STOP BEING PASSIVE AGGRESSIVE AND GROW A PAIR, you should be ashamed of yourself [sorry].
last time i went to the work party it made things SOOOOOO bad. They harrassed G the whole time i was gone because I made food for the potluck and they wanted to eat it. I am STILL hearing snide comments about how i took my foccaccia to feed "those people" [i am one of those people...]. So this weekend for the potluck, I am going to make something really good, like a cookie pie, and not let them have it either. My brother will be here, and they shouldn't be so bad if he's around, otherwise i would take G with me and leave her in the car. le sigh.
But the week that they are gone, we are coming down to visit you, no doubt, we are going to be normal for a while. Sep 29-5th, i am considering taking her out of school that week so we can have fun. keep me posted about when you'll be dealing with your own family drama. big hugs lady.

I am also free many of the days that week!! Let me know...I need to make a trip to NJ soon anyway, so give me a heads up and I'll plan so I can see you all!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:30 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i shall. we are probably going to spend that saturday in NY, visiting my friend's temple in Chinatown and going to the place formerly known as Lula's.....

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 6:53 am 
WRETCHED

Someone I know from another message board had a house fire and both her pets didn't make it. What is sad is the worst part is a local news story posted pictures of her dog after it had been pulled out of the house by firemen. I mean... why? They wouldn't do it if it had been a person but it is one of pet owner's biggest fears and it happened to this person, you'd think they'd have some common decency on posting the pictures of their dog. So the person ended up posting pictures of her cat and dog on facebook as they want them remembered.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:27 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Linanil, that is so horrible!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:18 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Linanil that is horrible, just the whole thing-first the fire then the picture.

I am losing my biggest client. She easily accounts for half my income and short of moving back to the city full time I can't replace the income.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:25 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

linanil wrote:
What is sad is the worst part is a local news story posted pictures of her dog after it had been pulled out of the house by firemen. I mean... why?

Good Lard! Surely few people would find that a-okay---- I guess newspapers can troll for attention, too? Yeeeeesh. That poor family.

blog: Jaunty Dame

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:57 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

ER last night - boyfriend cut his hand making a movie prop needed stitches. then came home, passed out, mar had an accident, peed all over my head/hair and pillows...:(

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 12:59 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

I got my worst grade in philosophy yet. It was a "religion and science" course and the guy was religious. Now, I do have a feeling my grade wasn't fair because I kinda pissed all over the guy he likes. I feel like shiitake now.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 1:10 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Woke up with a headache. I have had one for about three days now.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 2:22 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Threw my aunt out. She is truly a despicable piece of work.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:23 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Good for you, daisychain. I know it is hard now,but you deserve to be treated so much better.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 3:32 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Thanks kfad. I just wish the hard part where everyone including myself hates me was over. I hate that everytime I try help people out I end up some how cast into the role of the villain. Why can't everyone just bloomin' get along!!!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 10:15 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

My stupid hot water heater is leaking all over the basement floor at 11pm on a Saturday night. Multiple calls to multiple plumbers indicate that this cannot be resolved before Monday at the earliest, which means A. no hot water for 5 (count 'em) people, and B. yet another expense that I cannot f*cking afford right now. FML.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:15 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Burned three fingers on a hot pan, nursed my wounds, and then turned around and did the exact same thing to the other hand.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:48 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I randomly got really sick today, but only for like 15 minutes. The weird part of it is that I was drenched in sweat and my hands felt tingly. Then I sat for a while and drank some ice water and was fine. Not the worst thing ever, but the worst part of today.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 7:17 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I am sick today. Coughing creeping crud, as my dear friend would say.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 8:17 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Watching the Steelers game. It's amazing how poorly they play.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:55 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

arggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Ginny's being really weird. Starting to wonder if I have to take her e-vet.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:29 pm 

So if your dog starts acting really weird and not wanting to move/walk, just lays down and stays like that, but eventually poops, and then will kid of walk but still acts really weird and the stops walking for a bit again but then after resting for like a half hour she seems pretty normal... that means she was just constipated and just acted weird afterwards because of after-effects of that feeling yeah? Can I please just call it constipation and say she's fine now?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:47 pm 
Chip Strong

Mars, your dog is older, yeah? Our senior pup had anal glan issues for the last five or so years of her life, and that's always how it started with her. Is she breathing heavy/seem stressed? I'd probably take her in for a check up tomorrow, because ruptured anal glands are horrible for everyone involved.

I hope it is just constipation though!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:47 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

ashley wrote:
Burned three fingers on a hot pan, nursed my wounds, and then turned around and did the exact same thing to the other hand.

no one can say you are not living a balanced life ...

are they blistering? or did cold water ease them down?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:50 pm 
Chip Strong

Mom had two voicemails from my uncle when we landed. Grandpa is in the hospital with chest pains. They don't think it's cardiac, but they're doing more tests tomorrow. fork.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:58 pm 

Simply_Love wrote:
Mars, your dog is older, yeah? Our senior pup had anal glan issues for the last five or so years of her life, and that's always how it started with her. Is she breathing heavy/seem stressed? I'd probably take her in for a check up tomorrow, because ruptured anal glands are horrible for everyone involved.

I hope it is just constipation though!

Yeah she's 10. I'm going to call tomorrow. I called my friend who has lots of animal experience and he thinks that since she's eating, drinking water, peeing and pooping... that it's not a life-or-death emergency and it can wait for a normal vet. She's not breathing heavy at all, seeming a little stressed if I'm making her walk around but when I put her on my bed she went right into curly-cute-ball and is sleeping seemingly quite peaceful. I got it in my head I wanted to feel her abdomen and it seems pretty hard? But not like rock-hard, more like tightened muscle hard, so I don't know if that's just what it normally feels like and I'm over-thinking it. Also when I go to feel it, she's all like 'wuuuuttttttt are you doing' so she could be tightening it up? I can sleep right? She just made a cute snorey noise. I can sleep. Right?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:14 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Detailed, frank update on grandma from sister. Grandma. :( There were a lot of details (which I am "happy" to share with concerned parties, but will spare the rest of you from), and mostly .... I find it hugely unfair that grandma has to suffer in death as much as she did in life, even though she spent her whole life thoroughly loving and caring for the three of us (daughter + 2 granddaughters). It is bizarre that the 4 of us are 'just waiting' for her to die, but at least she and mom, and she and sister, have some quality time together each day now that she is at a care facility instead of at home.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 528, 529, 530, 531, 532, 533, 534 ... 648  Next