| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 529, 530, 531, 532, 533, 534, 535 ... 626  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:51 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Mars wrote:
Simply_Love wrote:
Mars, your dog is older, yeah? Our senior pup had anal glan issues for the last five or so years of her life, and that's always how it started with her. Is she breathing heavy/seem stressed? I'd probably take her in for a check up tomorrow, because ruptured anal glands are horrible for everyone involved.

I hope it is just constipation though!

Yeah she's 10. I'm going to call tomorrow. I called my friend who has lots of animal experience and he thinks that since she's eating, drinking water, peeing and pooping... that it's not a life-or-death emergency and it can wait for a normal vet. She's not breathing heavy at all, seeming a little stressed if I'm making her walk around but when I put her on my bed she went right into curly-cute-ball and is sleeping seemingly quite peaceful. I got it in my head I wanted to feel her abdomen and it seems pretty hard? But not like rock-hard, more like tightened muscle hard, so I don't know if that's just what it normally feels like and I'm over-thinking it. Also when I go to feel it, she's all like 'wuuuuttttttt are you doing' so she could be tightening it up? I can sleep right? She just made a cute snorey noise. I can sleep. Right?

Yeah, it definitely sounds like a normal vet is fine to wait for. I'm glad she is sleeping well! I hope you can get some sleep, too. I really hope it's nothing, and she was just not happy about not being able to poop.

(Also, quickest way ever to convince yourself your baby is dying is to try to feel their abdomen. I have been so sure my cat had an enlarged spleen because I thought her stomach felt weird. But thankfully I have two cats who are sisters and pretty much identical in size so I can just compare them and know I'm just freaking our over nothing. I've only felt ferrets with issues stomachs before, so it might not be the same with cats/dogs, but with them it was hard and bulging, so I wouldn't worry about her stomach seeming hard unless a vet is.)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:51 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

lutin wrote:
Detailed, frank update on grandma from sister. Grandma. :( There were a lot of details (which I am "happy" to share with concerned parties, but will spare the rest of you from), and mostly .... I find it hugely unfair that grandma has to suffer in death as much as she did in life, even though she spent her whole life thoroughly loving and caring for the three of us (daughter + 2 granddaughters). It is bizarre that the 4 of us are 'just waiting' for her to die, but at least she and mom, and she and sister, have some quality time together each day now that she is at a care facility instead of at home.

:(

Big, big hugs <3

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:19 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

fork being sick. Especially this week, when I have ten million things to do.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:49 am 
Impressive boner

My friend has been staying at my house for the last week while he recorded our album. He left this morning and I am sad and miss him. I'll see him again a couple of times before he goes back to Germany, and then I'll really miss him.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:06 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Stupid butter fingers. I dropped my laptop. It was only from a few inches off the ground but now my display is all cracked. Gutted.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:08 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I am sick, sick, sick. It is a cold of some sort that has my eye draining and so much pain.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:15 am 
Seagull of the PPK

no shiitake kfad. this cold just refuses to die. i am looking forward to going to bed again in a few hours.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:08 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I was almost hit by a car. I was riding across a bridge (with great bike lanes/infrastructure) and was crossing a lane of traffic coming off the bridge. Where the bike lane crosses the traffic lane, there's a sign reading, "YIELD TO BIKES" with flashing lights. The bike lane is painted green to further indicate that bikes have the right of way. Even with all this, I'm always very careful at this traffic crossing, and I always check to make sure there's nothing coming. I did that as usual today, but the car that almost hit me was coming so fast he wasn't there when I shoulder checked. He didn't slow down AT ALL approaching the crossing where I was riding. He slammed on his brakes and locked up his steering at the last second and missed me by 6 inches. I ride a lot. I'm used to traffic. I'm used to getting almost hit by cars. This one, though, has me really upset and shaken up. How many forking signs does it take to make someone SEE? If you can't/don't notice all the flashing lights, big signs, and green paint (not to mention the PERSON on their bike), why the hell are you driving a car? He was going so, so fast. I would have been super dead if he had hit me. :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:42 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

where was that? Burnside heading east?

I've noticed I'm way more angry on my bike since being hit when people are being corks. hopefully that settles soon, because I don't like fueling the fire.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:43 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

jordanpattern!!! That's terrifying! I am so sorry that happened. I can't even imagine.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 2:46 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

joshua wrote:
where was that? Burnside heading east?

I've noticed I'm way more angry on my bike since being hit when people are being corks. hopefully that settles soon, because I don't like fueling the fire.

Hawthorne heading east. Usually, my reaction is to look the driver in the eye and yell/say "WATCH OUT." I was so shaken by this that I almost burst into tears on the road. That is uncharacteristic to say the least.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 4:02 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

shiitake jopa. I don't suppose you caught his plates and can report him to the police? That's forking scary. I am so happy you're alright!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:48 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I've started a new Portuguese class (a different course, with a different tutor and a totally different style of teaching) and I'm not sure I like it, despite looking forward to it starting so much. My tutor last year was fantastic and gave me so much confidence in speaking (helping undo a lot of fear I've held since school about speaking when feeling underconfident about anything, especially how I might sound to the listener, which was tied up with how languages were taught at my high school and the reason I never went back to language classes for nearly 10 years after school despite desperately wanting to get better at speaking them).

After just a single two-hour lesson with the new tutor, I feel like I've been put back so far just by his teaching style, which includes interrupting students in the middle of speaking to correct pronunciation errors (rather than waiting until a pause or the end of the sentence), and by the end of the class I had lost so much confidence in my ability to speak and had even started to stammer and hesitate whilst speaking in Portuguese, which I didn't do before. I just feel so sad and anxious about the rest of the term.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 6:01 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

what a douche? a good teacher is responsible for FACILITATING a student's work and development, not bullying the student into performing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:24 pm 
Dead by dawn

I just had a really sucky day. The last week, since I got my layoff notice with the rationale being that my position is "non-critical," has been so ever-lovin' busy. I'm slammed with work right now and really trying to remember why I'm supposed to care about any of it. And my douchey boss-type (silver lining of all this is that, as of mid-November I will never have to see or speak to him again) is just being such a tootie-patootie. And biker boy is not home yet and I need a hug.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:58 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

monkeytoes wrote:
I just had a really sucky day. The last week, since I got my layoff notice with the rationale being that my position is "non-critical," has been so ever-lovin' busy. I'm slammed with work right now and really trying to remember why I'm supposed to care about any of it. And my douchey boss-type (silver lining of all this is that, as of mid-November I will never have to see or speak to him again) is just being such a tootie-patootie. And biker boy is not home yet and I need a hug.

Yeah, this is super bullcrap. It reminds me of when I applied for the position I've been after (and basically doing) for years, didn't get it, and then the next day I had to come to work and still do that same work of the position I didn't get. But paid less. And then help train the person who did get it. :/

Really hoping you get something better!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:57 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

PS; Ginny update: Vet (regular one, non-emergency) said it seems very indicative of a compressed disc, and so we're on a round of steroids. She's doing just fine, seems totally happy now she's on pain meds. So hopefully the steroids will fix it long-term. They might not, and in that case things get a bit complicated.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:08 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

jordanpattern wrote:
Hawthorne heading east.

oh yeah, I hate that whole stretch. the crossings from the bridge all the way to MLK/Grand suck, and THEN you usually have buses to argue with that love to sit in the bike lane while moving.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:22 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I was ten minutes late to German class due to traffic. This put me in tears, so i couldn't go to class at all. We have a test on Friday and i will fail it. My aunt (who died recently) really cared about me prioritizing school. So i feel even worse about it because i want her to be proud of me. I know she would understand that i'm just having a hard time right now, but still. *sigh* I think i will just go make cake. She really liked the cake i made for her, so since i can't function enough right now to do schoolwork i suppose cake is a good substitute.

This is all so hard to deal with. I've known it was going to happen for awhile, but that doesn't make it hurt any less. And i am worried about my uncle. He devoted all his time to taking care of her, temporarily took leave from his job to stay home, and towards the end pretty much did everything for her. And now she's gone, and he is alone in the house. I suppose the best line of action would be to make cupcakes and send them to him.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:13 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

My neck/shoulder/upper back have been in so much pain since Thursday that it is hard to focus on anything else and I have no idea what to do about it.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:14 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Found out today that my dad has stage 4 pancreatic cancer. I'm not even sure what my feelings are yet. It's complicated, for reasons I don't feel comfortable sharing on a public forum. They told him he probably has 6 months left. I have to figure out what I want to say to him before he dies, or if it would even be worth trying, because I don't think he can really hear me as a person and understand what I'm saying.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:20 pm 
Saggy Butt

My lovely, sweet, incredibly talented coworker got fired from her dream job today for an absolute bullshiitake reason. I actually had to leave work early because I was so upset. Now I'm in a pub, drinking alone and trying not to cry until a friend meets me here so that I can freak the fork out.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:15 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

mittenmacher wrote:
They told him he probably has 6 months left. I have to figure out what I want to say to him before he dies, or if it would even be worth trying, because I don't think he can really hear me as a person and understand what I'm saying.

Always try to say what you want to say, or write a letter perhaps?

Better to have tried and failed, than to live with "maybe I should have said" after he passed away.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:19 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

MM, i'm so sorry. maybe try to write out what you want to say first and then take it one step at a time from there? i know i never really thought i would reconcile with my father and it ended up being his initiative than mine. you never know what might happen. or how the process will impact you. big hugs to you.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:42 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

strawberryrock wrote:
My neck/shoulder/upper back have been in so much pain since Thursday that it is hard to focus on anything else and I have no idea what to do about it.

Can you get a heating pad? I found them really helpful for shoulder/neck pain.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 529, 530, 531, 532, 533, 534, 535 ... 626  Next