| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 535, 536, 537, 538, 539, 540, 541 ... 636  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 7:18 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

^^ yeah, what Joshua said.

Mental health is as important as anything else, maybe more so.

I've bought frivolous things and then eaten pbj to make up for it.

Once when I was a kid and things were so tight we had little heat and the springer slept in my bed wearing his sweater so we would be warm. My parents blew $30 on a trivial pursuit game and we ate pbj and ramen, but we sat around the fireplace in the evening drinking cocoa and playing board games. I'm pretty sure that wasn't their favorite time in life, but I have nothing but good memories. (and I'm pretty good at TP!)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:17 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

It makes me so angry that when you are poor you are supposed to be miserable. I know I have said it here before. But it is a very personal thing for me.

I have been so poor that I have missed meals to make sure my kids ate. There have been times that I was homeless. I don't care how poor you are, damn it, you deserve some happiness.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:47 pm 
Chip Strong

kfad wrote:
It makes me so angry that when you are poor you are supposed to be miserable. I don't care how poor you are, damn it, you deserve some happiness.

Yes, this. Exactly this.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:08 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Woke up feeling sick to my stomach, now I'm freezing and feverish. Tried accupressure+massage (forking painfulest thing ever!) but I still don't feel better. This sucks! I have 2 paper deadlines this week and they need piles of work done to them.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:25 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

oh no, lutin! that sounds distinctly fluish. i hope you feel better soon!

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:58 am 
Chip Strong

this is minor in comparison but a local restaurant just posted a new fall menu and one of the items was a tempeh burger. Someone who works in a vegan restaurant nearby commented on FB about the burger and asked if it was vegan. They replied yes. So I wanted to check it out and went to the restaurant the other day. Before I left, I emailed them to double check and asked if it was vegan. They didn't reply until after I left to go to the restaurant. I didn't ask the waitress to confirm the veganness, because, you know, they commented on FB that it was indeed vegan. So I ate it. After I returned, I got an email reply that said everything was vegan, except the bun.

why?? why would you have a TEMPEH burger with a non vegan bun? that is stupid.
and now my vegan clock has to start all over again.
ggrrrr

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:01 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Hoodwinked wrote:
this is minor in comparison but a local restaurant just posted a new fall menu and one of the items was a tempeh burger. Someone who works in a vegan restaurant nearby commented on FB about the burger and asked if it was vegan. They replied yes. So I wanted to check it out and went to the restaurant the other day. Before I left, I emailed them to double check and asked if it was vegan. They didn't reply until after I left to go to the restaurant. I didn't ask the waitress to confirm the veganness, because, you know, they commented on FB that it was indeed vegan. So I ate it. After I returned, I got an email reply that said everything was vegan, except the bun.

ggrrrr

I guarantee you almost every vegan here has been in this situation at least once. It's okay! You are still vegan! You don't have to "start over" (unless you want to).

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:13 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

this house feels so empty...i wish my boyfriend could stay home from work...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:16 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I was wondering if he was going to be able to take a day off, missmuffcake. Can you get out for a walk or something?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:30 am 
Chip Strong

choirqueer wrote:
Hoodwinked wrote:

ggrrrr

I guarantee you almost every vegan here has been in this situation at least once. It's okay! You are still vegan! You don't have to "start over" (unless you want to).

HAHA! I know we all have been through this; no matter how diligent, stuff happens. Just have to take it in stride. And I won't start my clock over, I am V-E-G-A-N damn it !! :-)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:04 am 
Bathes in Braggs

missmuffcake wrote:

I am sorry for the loss of your sweetie, mm. It's hard being at home and seeing all the places where they should be.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:50 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

ndpittman wrote:
I was wondering if he was going to be able to take a day off, missmuffcake. Can you get out for a walk or something?

the boyfriend is going to try to take a day off so we can get some things organized. his job said their grief policy is strict, like no great aunts. he thinks they would not understand our situation - even though he was our child. seeing my strong boyfriend cry and hear him sob when he thinks i cannot hear hurts. we are trying to pick out a urn and bag up his fave things. i cannot even touch mar's brush right now or take the bottle of water away from the bed I was trying to get him to drink from on saturday.

i did yoga, i tried to do it gentle....i am to cold to walk. i think i am just going to go to bed. last week my kindle fire broke (it just gave out) and i wish it did not. i would take that to bed and watch cartoons...the tv is in the living room and there is too much sadness in there.

i just dumped/washed out the can of cat food i tried feeding mar on saturday. it hurt...

i went to feed some of the cats across the street yesterday and get cat energy in me...maybe later.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 2:55 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Arisaig wrote:
missmuffcake wrote:

I am sorry for the loss of your sweetie, mm. It's hard being at home and seeing all the places where they should be.

That really is one of the hardest things. I feel so much for ya, missmuffcake.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:55 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I went to the dentist for a cleaning, and they told me I have cavities in my wisdom teeth and they need to be pulled.

My insurance is being terminated at the end of the month, so I have to get it done right away (can't pay $1300 out of pocket!). The oral surgeon comes only once a month, and this month it's on October 30. Just barely on time.

October 30 is when my dad was supposed to fly in from Kentucky to visit me. I have not seen him in almost 3 years. Now he has to cancel his trip because there is no point in him coming and watching me sleep and sit around. He is being very understanding about it, but I feel horrible.

I am forking pissed. I hate my employer. Maybe it's irrational, but I blame my boss for this. He didn't tell us until a month ago that we were losing our insurance. AND it turns out I wasn't even enrolled in the dental plan for the past 8 months, even though I've been paying for it out of my check since then (I have not been refunded that money, by the way, even though my boss said he'd cut me a check). The insurance people were, fortunately, able to enroll me in the plan for this month only, so I could get care.

THIS IS SO ANNOYING!!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:04 pm 
Nailed to the V

Had to go over to my dad's house to sleep bc my neighbor's/ landlord's tenant's dog was barking incessantly and I couldn't take it anymore. Not the first time it's happened. Emailed her tonight tho and told her if be moving out bc I can't do this again. I have to be up at 5am! Argh!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:09 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

kilgore trout wrote:
People can be so mindblowingly insensitive about poverty, especially when it comes to people on government assistance having "nice things." For instance, I heard a classmate who cashiers talking about how she'll have customers pay with EBT, but she can see an iPhone in their pocket. What is that person supposed to do? Sell their iPhone on ebay? Cancel their phone plan (and possibly lose their only connection to the internet/phone for prospective employers to call back) and pay the cancellation fee? Who knows how long they've been on assistance? Maybe they bought the phone a while ago and lost their job recently, maybe they're a student who receives no parental support, lives off campus, and works part time. You don't know-and more importantly, why on earth does it matter?

This is so true. I've been living barely above the poverty line for the last few months, and depending on food stamps, and this attitude really upsets me. I got in a discussion in comments on a (generally left-leaning) website and someone said nasty things to me because I mentioned having food stamps and being a gluten-free vegan. I guess I should use my food stamps to buy meat even though it's more expensive than beans and I don't like killing animals and I should use them to buy bread even though it makes my stomach hurt and it's not cheaper than rice because I'm poor and I don't deserve to choose what I eat.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 10:52 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

missmuffcake wrote:
i went to feed some of the cats across the street yesterday and get cat energy in me...maybe later.

I'm so sorry, missmuffcake. I lost my little old man cat a few months ago and petting the neighborhood cats helped even though I thought it would just make me sadder.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:57 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

first, mad hugs to everyone <3
second, PP like brosh said: YOLO I once used my only $25 to get a train to boston to visit a friend who was having a bad day because, fork it, y'know? I also will buy myself a coffee at least once a week to keep myself from going crazy. if other people are judging you I will personally beat them up for you.

lastly, the worst thing about my day is super trivial. but i've got a mean case of the sads and I'm totally feeling whatever the opposite of grounded is properly for the first time in my life. I've always been real okay with free-floating but recently I've been feeling isolated and thinking back to all the places i've been and all the people i've left behind. I could have been happy so many times over but I just keep walking away and I'm stuck in limbo. It's the season, I know, it's just messing with me. Also coming up on a few death anniversaries this month for friends I've left in various cities and it's killing me. There are people who I just can't see ever again and I forget until the anniversaries of their absences come up. I've lost so many people to so many stupid things and it seems so bigheaded but there are parts of me that wonder if I hadn't left, if I had been more proactive in my friend's lives, these things wouldn't have happened. I know it's ridiculous I just, I'm just real sad.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:04 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

giant hugs, boober.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 5:45 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

My insecurities are playing up and I'm having anxiety. I feel like I'm going to throw up!

Also I might have pinkeye.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:58 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Missmuffcake, I'm so sorry for your loss.

Boober, your sadness over people lost is not trivial. It's a big deal when the anniversary of a death comes along. Autumn, with all the plants dying away, can add to feelings of loss and emptiness. You are dealing with valid emotions. Take care of yourself and don't beat yourself up!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:02 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

ashley wrote:
I went to the dentist for a cleaning, and they told me I have cavities in my wisdom teeth and they need to be pulled.

My insurance is being terminated at the end of the month, so I have to get it done right away (can't pay $1300 out of pocket!). The oral surgeon comes only once a month, and this month it's on October 30. Just barely on time.

October 30 is when my dad was supposed to fly in from Kentucky to visit me. I have not seen him in almost 3 years. Now he has to cancel his trip because there is no point in him coming and watching me sleep and sit around. He is being very understanding about it, but I feel horrible.

I am forking pissed. I hate my employer. Maybe it's irrational, but I blame my boss for this. He didn't tell us until a month ago that we were losing our insurance. AND it turns out I wasn't even enrolled in the dental plan for the past 8 months, even though I've been paying for it out of my check since then (I have not been refunded that money, by the way, even though my boss said he'd cut me a check). The insurance people were, fortunately, able to enroll me in the plan for this month only, so I could get care.

THIS IS SO ANNOYING!!

If you paid for x months dental insurance and didn't get it and havent been reimbursed you could tell your boss you expect x months dental insurance and to hell with having to fit it in before the end of the month. I'd be furious if I were you!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 3:25 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

This is from a couple of days ago, but I have been thinking about it since so I feel like it counts.

I have recently been having a wonderful time reconnecting with two old friends because after 10 years apart, living in various parts of the world, we are finally living in the same city again! Spending time together has been so good for my soul, but I'm sad they have both given up vegetarianism (after many years). There is a huge disconnect for me since they are both such social justice-minded women. I guess I'm just disappointed, ya know?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:08 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

That is always tricky...especially if the food was a common connection focus.

Today I met with a client whose child killed a family pet. She went into really graphic detail, and I had to pass the case to a coworker because it was nauseating...I almost left the meeting to throw up or cry. I can't get the image out of my head and I just want to cuddle Benjamin Cat.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:28 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I'm feeling super alienated by my very few friends right now. I'm going through the roughest patch I can remember and feeling like my friends aren't there to support me. The person I consider my best friend plastered pics all over FB about her awesome Oktoberfest weekend - celebrated with other friends, to which I wasn't invited, and when I ask if she can meet up for a quick cup of coffee, she tells me she's far too busy with work right now. I understand she may be tired of hearing about my frustrations, but I consider a true friend someone who supports us both through the good and the bad. I'm truly at a loss.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 535, 536, 537, 538, 539, 540, 541 ... 636  Next