| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Dec 29, 2014 8:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 536, 537, 538, 539, 540, 541, 542 ... 648  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:31 pm 
Offline
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:39 pm
Posts: 4196
Location: the Eug
Today just sucked. Computer issues preventing things getting done, finding out that files were not filed with the court (hello, really bad) and finally... my car was towed.

_________________
Don't mind my breasts and vagina, I'm a gay man.---Idatetatooedguys.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:10 am 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 4740
Location: Toronto, ON
A person who I considered a pretty good friend started acting weird a few months ago and all of a sudden stopped talking to me and acts like he/she is doing me a huge favour when he/she does bother to acknowledge my existence. From what I can tell this behaviour isn't happening with other people, just with me. I don't know what I did, nothing that I can tell, it's not like we had a fight. Anyway, it's bumming me out, even though I know I just need to get over it and move on.

_________________
I like my bagels like I like my men - big and covered with earth balance & nooch. - Bunniee

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:04 am 
Offline
The Real Hamburger Helper
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:13 pm
Posts: 2225
Location: NYC/Schenectady, NY
We have this kitten, Beau, who was returned to ACC by his adopters because he had diarrhea (I don't know why they didn't take him to a vet) and we (the rescue) took him. While at ACC he got a really bad URI and herpes in his eye. His URI is almost gone but he had to have the eye removed. He's supposed to be adopted on Sunday. I really hope the people still want him, even though he's missing an eye.

_________________
If a milkshake is going to change the world then it should be at least be an Oreo one. - daisychain


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:41 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 4027
Location: Edinburgh
lobsteriffic wrote:
A person who I considered a pretty good friend started acting weird a few months ago and all of a sudden stopped talking to me and acts like he/she is doing me a huge favour when he/she does bother to acknowledge my existence. From what I can tell this behaviour isn't happening with other people, just with me. I don't know what I did, nothing that I can tell, it's not like we had a fight. Anyway, it's bumming me out, even though I know I just need to get over it and move on.

This happened to me. One of my childhood friends, who I'd known for about 20 years, suddenly stopped talking to me and was super arse-y when he did speak to me. I never knew why. He's since started to speak to me a bit more (and with more tact/kindness), but it still makes me sad that we probably won't ever have the same friendship we had for nearly 20 years.

_________________
A pie eating contest is a battle with no losers. - amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:49 pm 
Offline
WRETCHED
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 8954
Location: Maryland/DC area
rachell37 wrote:
lobsteriffic wrote:
A person who I considered a pretty good friend started acting weird a few months ago and all of a sudden stopped talking to me and acts like he/she is doing me a huge favour when he/she does bother to acknowledge my existence. From what I can tell this behaviour isn't happening with other people, just with me. I don't know what I did, nothing that I can tell, it's not like we had a fight. Anyway, it's bumming me out, even though I know I just need to get over it and move on.

This happened to me. One of my childhood friends, who I'd known for about 20 years, suddenly stopped talking to me and was super arse-y when he did speak to me. I never knew why. He's since started to speak to me a bit more (and with more tact/kindness), but it still makes me sad that we probably won't ever have the same friendship we had for nearly 20 years.


That happened to me as well. The last time we talked, we had a huge fight and she listed various reasons why she was upset
1) I had moved away (and left her)
2) I had developed other friendships
3) I started dating (and she was concerned my boyfriend - now husband meant more to me)
4) I didn't invite her to a party at my aunts house 40 miles away but my boyfriend (again now husband) went. Of course my aunt invited her drunken neighbors who let their children destroy anything in sight. Plus I felt stuck while I was there and would've gladly not went myself. Yet I tried to coordinate with her multiple days to spend time with her with and without my boyfriend but she kept backpedaling.

Anyway, I cut her off after our argument. She has tried to contact me since but I was so done after years of having her be cold to me whenever I was dating someone.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:05 pm 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 5279
Argh, my vet called me this morning about a new second cat and I will be in the market for one in the future, just not yet. (He's six months old--black fur with white spottings--in my mind I saw Henri, Chat Noir!) but I'm not ready for my second kitty yet. I want to wait till I come back from my vacation in December and I feel not emotionally ready due to the Thurston trauma (my other precious kitty who died in July) to deal with integrating two cats just yet. I hate to say no though. HATE. Now I just think of the little guy all day long. He's being neutered today. I also think it's a bad match for Lovey--Lovey's tough and pretty relentless when he gets on a tangent and I feel like he needs a younger kitten and a very slow integration for the best chance of getting along because my apartment is small and too warring cats will make the walls close in. I hope Henri finds a wonderful home though. Sad that I had to say no.

_________________
"I'm sorry! I'm Canadian!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:22 pm 
Offline
Asked Santa for a pony
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:29 pm
Posts: 3235
Location: Portland
lobsteriffic wrote:
A person who I considered a pretty good friend started acting weird a few months ago and all of a sudden stopped talking to me and acts like he/she is doing me a huge favour when he/she does bother to acknowledge my existence. From what I can tell this behaviour isn't happening with other people, just with me. I don't know what I did, nothing that I can tell, it's not like we had a fight. Anyway, it's bumming me out, even though I know I just need to get over it and move on.

I'm so sorry; this happened to me and it was really, really painful. Big hugs for you.

_________________
Instagram @noochynoodle


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:44 pm 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 4740
Location: Toronto, ON
Thanks guys. I don't make close friends all that often so I'm definitely feeling the loss.

seitanicverses wrote:
Argh, my vet called me this morning about a new second cat and I will be in the market for one in the future, just not yet. (He's six months old--black fur with white spottings--in my mind I saw Henri, Chat Noir!) but I'm not ready for my second kitty yet. I want to wait till I come back from my vacation in December and I feel not emotionally ready due to the Thurston trauma (my other precious kitty who died in July) to deal with integrating two cats just yet. I hate to say no though. HATE. Now I just think of the little guy all day long. He's being neutered today. I also think it's a bad match for Lovey--Lovey's tough and pretty relentless when he gets on a tangent and I feel like he needs a younger kitten and a very slow integration for the best chance of getting along because my apartment is small and too warring cats will make the walls close in. I hope Henri finds a wonderful home though. Sad that I had to say no.


If you're not ready you're not ready. You went through a lot and I think that you need to listen to your heart and do what's best for you and Lovey. Hugs!

_________________
I like my bagels like I like my men - big and covered with earth balance & nooch. - Bunniee

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:46 pm 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7767
Location: Portland, OR
Lobsteriffic, why don't you ask this friend what's going on?

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:49 pm 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 4740
Location: Toronto, ON
Mars wrote:
Lobsteriffic, why don't you ask this friend what's going on?


That's a good point! I've tried the direct approach, said that I was getting a weird vibe and asked if I did anything wrong. I got a "no no no, everything's fine" so I don't really know what to do with that.

_________________
I like my bagels like I like my men - big and covered with earth balance & nooch. - Bunniee

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:10 pm 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7767
Location: Portland, OR
Maybe after a couple more times of them being cold to you, tell them "you said everything was fine last time I asked, but everything is obviously not fine. Seriously, what's up." Something like that. Sucks it had to get to this point though, hugs.

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:13 pm 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:49 pm
Posts: 4740
Location: Toronto, ON
Thanks Mars, that's good advice.

_________________
I like my bagels like I like my men - big and covered with earth balance & nooch. - Bunniee

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:17 pm 
Offline
Who's Ted Leo?
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:44 pm
Posts: 7259
Location: Modesto, CA
my stupid dad is already making our loss about him...i hate his 'ohh poor is me' shiitake. not the time.

_________________
The Stay At Home Girlfriend: A zine that focuses on
vegan recipes, cat love and living with OCD.
https://www.etsy.com/shop/missmuffcake


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:54 pm 
Offline
***LIES!!!***
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:10 pm
Posts: 3920
I had 12 hours of having to be totally present and on and smart and on top of shiitake today and at the end of it I just wanted to cuss out every person I had to deal with throughout the day. I don't have a day off for another two weeks, then a week after that have to go to a conference and I just miss being with my family and am totally overwhelmed and seriously just want to quit my job and find a 9-5 thing somewhere (where? Is that a thing anymore?).

My big joys today were sneaking Facebook time *on the toilet* and coming home before my daughter was totally asleep so I had reason to lay down with her for twenty minutes. And now a big glass of bourbon.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:12 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 19373
Location: Cliffbar NJ
I am sorry Ariann! And I hear you about 9 to 5 not being a thing anymore! I feel like our culture is moving towards professionals always needing to be accessible and reachable by their employers, while their employers find ways of cutting benefits and other perks. So the relationship is becoming much less balanced and much more consuming.

I hope things get a bit better soon!

_________________
My oven is bigger on the inside, and it produces lots of wibbly wobbly, cake wakey... stuff. - The PoopieB.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:58 pm 
Offline
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:39 pm
Posts: 4196
Location: the Eug
Tofulish wrote:
I am sorry Ariann! And I hear you about 9 to 5 not being a thing anymore! I feel like our culture is moving towards professionals always needing to be accessible and reachable by their employers, while their employers find ways of cutting benefits and other perks. So the relationship is becoming much less balanced and much more consuming.

I hope things get a bit better soon!



My husband works for an NPO. He is a workaholic so for him, it is not a thing to be accessible. It is his nature. But his boss recently sent out an e-mail to the upper management that they need to stop answering e-mails after like 8. Because upper management is all like my husband. And it was creating a sense from those below upper management that they must be available all the time as well.

_________________
Don't mind my breasts and vagina, I'm a gay man.---Idatetatooedguys.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:04 am 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 4758
Location: zomgz dijk
Long, long, long, terrible meeting with all three supervisors on skype. Like, shiitake needs to be sorted out and I'm never happy with it (part of the problem is 'my fault' since I asked supervisor #3 to join but then was hyper-aware of how overworked he was, so didn't start asking him stuff until March or April of this year and he questions every choice we've made in a helpful-ish way), buuuuut it still sucks. What also sucks is that they go back and forth over whether I can do a study period at the VU in A'dam in January and February, and I'm sick of talking about it and getting my hopes up (or squashed).

_________________
ॐ लोकः समासतः सुखिनो भवन्तु
http://www.embracingtheworld.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:39 am 
Offline
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:07 pm
Posts: 1521
Location: Berlin
now it finally hit me what the doctor told me yesterday. 80% of my right eye nerve is gone, and more is in danger of going. I am so scared of going blind. And she said, yes, everytime I feel this kind of head/eye pain it's my nerve being damaged. Which is not a nice thing to think about when I feel this pain and actually need to calm down ...

_________________
lepelaar wrote:
The PPK is a mere cooking seminar for flexitarians who believe in the good of man, but might be a good resource for 3d video expertise and ready-made inhumane slaughterhouse timelines.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:11 pm 
Offline
Drinks Wild Tofurkey
User avatar

Joined: Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:10 pm
Posts: 2826
Location: Midlands, UK
fork, veganinberlin, that sounds like a bad situation. How is your other eye. Did the doc say if there's any treatment option?

_________________
"Wait a minute. There is a holiday for eight days of fried food and I haven't been celebrating it?! This is not right." - Rhizopus Oligosporus

"I accept all cakes with open arms." - Rebekah


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:17 pm 
Offline
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:07 pm
Posts: 1521
Location: Berlin
The other eye is about 60% damaged. Yes, I got eye drops now and they will check again in 4 weeks to see if it can stop/slow down the process. She said i'll have to come to her office every 6 weeks from nowon because this stuff can get really bad suddenly.
And I know when this got really really bad because it's when I started having this pain in my eye/head. It's when I had to work for 2 months at an internet marketing company and had to use to computer for 6-7 hours straight every day.

_________________
lepelaar wrote:
The PPK is a mere cooking seminar for flexitarians who believe in the good of man, but might be a good resource for 3d video expertise and ready-made inhumane slaughterhouse timelines.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:39 pm 
Offline
***LIES!!!***
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:10 pm
Posts: 3920
VeganinBerlin, holy crepe. Is this just random or do they know what's causing it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:48 pm 
Offline
TOTALLY CRADICAL
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:42 am
Posts: 4446
Location: Smugville, CA
Just found out a woman I know (girlfriend of a friend of mine) is being evicted from her apartment after 17 years. It's in the mission district and her landlord is selling to a developer, who will build apartments that cost ten times as much to rent.

Progress!

_________________
Crazy rating: Double plus crazytown bananapants ~Jordanpattern
"It's, you know, your typical Portland restaurant; bowls." ~Kittee
Sews Before Bros


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:50 pm 
Offline
Asked Santa for a pony
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:29 pm
Posts: 3235
Location: Portland
I had a dream that I was talking to my late grandmother last night. I woke up feeling so sad.

_________________
Instagram @noochynoodle


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:52 pm 
Offline
Level 7 Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:07 pm
Posts: 1521
Location: Berlin
Ariann wrote:
VeganinBerlin, holy crepe. Is this just random or do they know what's causing it?

Glaucoma.

from wiki
Glaucoma has been called the "silent thief of sight" because the loss of vision often occurs gradually over a long period of time, and symptoms only occur when the disease is quite advanced. Once lost, vision cannot normally be recovered, so treatment is aimed at preventing further loss. Worldwide, glaucoma is the second-leading cause of blindness

_________________
lepelaar wrote:
The PPK is a mere cooking seminar for flexitarians who believe in the good of man, but might be a good resource for 3d video expertise and ready-made inhumane slaughterhouse timelines.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:04 pm 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 4758
Location: zomgz dijk
My grandpa had glaucoma. I am at risk, and don't want to be tested because of the terrible eye puff-y thing they have to do. I am so sorry to hear of your troubles, ViB, and hope your current doc helps you keep it in check.

_________________
ॐ लोकः समासतः सुखिनो भवन्तु
http://www.embracingtheworld.org


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16182 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 536, 537, 538, 539, 540, 541, 542 ... 648  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer