| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15422 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 536, 537, 538, 539, 540, 541, 542 ... 617  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 8:31 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Today just sucked. Computer issues preventing things getting done, finding out that files were not filed with the court (hello, really bad) and finally... my car was towed.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:10 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

A person who I considered a pretty good friend started acting weird a few months ago and all of a sudden stopped talking to me and acts like he/she is doing me a huge favour when he/she does bother to acknowledge my existence. From what I can tell this behaviour isn't happening with other people, just with me. I don't know what I did, nothing that I can tell, it's not like we had a fight. Anyway, it's bumming me out, even though I know I just need to get over it and move on.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:04 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

We have this kitten, Beau, who was returned to ACC by his adopters because he had diarrhea (I don't know why they didn't take him to a vet) and we (the rescue) took him. While at ACC he got a really bad URI and herpes in his eye. His URI is almost gone but he had to have the eye removed. He's supposed to be adopted on Sunday. I really hope the people still want him, even though he's missing an eye.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:41 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

lobsteriffic wrote:
A person who I considered a pretty good friend started acting weird a few months ago and all of a sudden stopped talking to me and acts like he/she is doing me a huge favour when he/she does bother to acknowledge my existence. From what I can tell this behaviour isn't happening with other people, just with me. I don't know what I did, nothing that I can tell, it's not like we had a fight. Anyway, it's bumming me out, even though I know I just need to get over it and move on.

This happened to me. One of my childhood friends, who I'd known for about 20 years, suddenly stopped talking to me and was super arse-y when he did speak to me. I never knew why. He's since started to speak to me a bit more (and with more tact/kindness), but it still makes me sad that we probably won't ever have the same friendship we had for nearly 20 years.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:49 pm 
WRETCHED

rachell37 wrote:
lobsteriffic wrote:

This happened to me. One of my childhood friends, who I'd known for about 20 years, suddenly stopped talking to me and was super arse-y when he did speak to me. I never knew why. He's since started to speak to me a bit more (and with more tact/kindness), but it still makes me sad that we probably won't ever have the same friendship we had for nearly 20 years.

That happened to me as well. The last time we talked, we had a huge fight and she listed various reasons why she was upset
1) I had moved away (and left her)
2) I had developed other friendships
3) I started dating (and she was concerned my boyfriend - now husband meant more to me)
4) I didn't invite her to a party at my aunts house 40 miles away but my boyfriend (again now husband) went. Of course my aunt invited her drunken neighbors who let their children destroy anything in sight. Plus I felt stuck while I was there and would've gladly not went myself. Yet I tried to coordinate with her multiple days to spend time with her with and without my boyfriend but she kept backpedaling.

Anyway, I cut her off after our argument. She has tried to contact me since but I was so done after years of having her be cold to me whenever I was dating someone.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:05 pm 
WELFARIST!

Argh, my vet called me this morning about a new second cat and I will be in the market for one in the future, just not yet. (He's six months old--black fur with white spottings--in my mind I saw Henri, Chat Noir!) but I'm not ready for my second kitty yet. I want to wait till I come back from my vacation in December and I feel not emotionally ready due to the Thurston trauma (my other precious kitty who died in July) to deal with integrating two cats just yet. I hate to say no though. HATE. Now I just think of the little guy all day long. He's being neutered today. I also think it's a bad match for Lovey--Lovey's tough and pretty relentless when he gets on a tangent and I feel like he needs a younger kitten and a very slow integration for the best chance of getting along because my apartment is small and too warring cats will make the walls close in. I hope Henri finds a wonderful home though. Sad that I had to say no.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:22 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

lobsteriffic wrote:

I'm so sorry; this happened to me and it was really, really painful. Big hugs for you.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:44 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Thanks guys. I don't make close friends all that often so I'm definitely feeling the loss.

seitanicverses wrote:
Argh, my vet called me this morning about a new second cat and I will be in the market for one in the future, just not yet. (He's six months old--black fur with white spottings--in my mind I saw Henri, Chat Noir!) but I'm not ready for my second kitty yet. I want to wait till I come back from my vacation in December and I feel not emotionally ready due to the Thurston trauma (my other precious kitty who died in July) to deal with integrating two cats just yet. I hate to say no though. HATE. Now I just think of the little guy all day long. He's being neutered today. I also think it's a bad match for Lovey--Lovey's tough and pretty relentless when he gets on a tangent and I feel like he needs a younger kitten and a very slow integration for the best chance of getting along because my apartment is small and too warring cats will make the walls close in. I hope Henri finds a wonderful home though. Sad that I had to say no.

If you're not ready you're not ready. You went through a lot and I think that you need to listen to your heart and do what's best for you and Lovey. Hugs!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:46 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Lobsteriffic, why don't you ask this friend what's going on?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:49 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Mars wrote:
Lobsteriffic, why don't you ask this friend what's going on?

That's a good point! I've tried the direct approach, said that I was getting a weird vibe and asked if I did anything wrong. I got a "no no no, everything's fine" so I don't really know what to do with that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:10 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Maybe after a couple more times of them being cold to you, tell them "you said everything was fine last time I asked, but everything is obviously not fine. Seriously, what's up." Something like that. Sucks it had to get to this point though, hugs.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:13 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Thanks Mars, that's good advice.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 3:17 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

my stupid dad is already making our loss about him...i hate his 'ohh poor is me' shiitake. not the time.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:54 pm 
***LIES!!!***

I had 12 hours of having to be totally present and on and smart and on top of shiitake today and at the end of it I just wanted to cuss out every person I had to deal with throughout the day. I don't have a day off for another two weeks, then a week after that have to go to a conference and I just miss being with my family and am totally overwhelmed and seriously just want to quit my job and find a 9-5 thing somewhere (where? Is that a thing anymore?).

My big joys today were sneaking Facebook time *on the toilet* and coming home before my daughter was totally asleep so I had reason to lay down with her for twenty minutes. And now a big glass of bourbon.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:12 pm 
Semen Strong

I am sorry Ariann! And I hear you about 9 to 5 not being a thing anymore! I feel like our culture is moving towards professionals always needing to be accessible and reachable by their employers, while their employers find ways of cutting benefits and other perks. So the relationship is becoming much less balanced and much more consuming.

I hope things get a bit better soon!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:58 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Tofulish wrote:
I am sorry Ariann! And I hear you about 9 to 5 not being a thing anymore! I feel like our culture is moving towards professionals always needing to be accessible and reachable by their employers, while their employers find ways of cutting benefits and other perks. So the relationship is becoming much less balanced and much more consuming.

I hope things get a bit better soon!

My husband works for an NPO. He is a workaholic so for him, it is not a thing to be accessible. It is his nature. But his boss recently sent out an e-mail to the upper management that they need to stop answering e-mails after like 8. Because upper management is all like my husband. And it was creating a sense from those below upper management that they must be available all the time as well.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:04 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Long, long, long, terrible meeting with all three supervisors on skype. Like, shiitake needs to be sorted out and I'm never happy with it (part of the problem is 'my fault' since I asked supervisor #3 to join but then was hyper-aware of how overworked he was, so didn't start asking him stuff until March or April of this year and he questions every choice we've made in a helpful-ish way), buuuuut it still sucks. What also sucks is that they go back and forth over whether I can do a study period at the VU in A'dam in January and February, and I'm sick of talking about it and getting my hopes up (or squashed).

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:39 am 
Bathes in Braggs

now it finally hit me what the doctor told me yesterday. 80% of my right eye nerve is gone, and more is in danger of going. I am so scared of going blind. And she said, yes, everytime I feel this kind of head/eye pain it's my nerve being damaged. Which is not a nice thing to think about when I feel this pain and actually need to calm down ...

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:11 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

fork, veganinberlin, that sounds like a bad situation. How is your other eye. Did the doc say if there's any treatment option?

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:17 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

The other eye is about 60% damaged. Yes, I got eye drops now and they will check again in 4 weeks to see if it can stop/slow down the process. She said i'll have to come to her office every 6 weeks from nowon because this stuff can get really bad suddenly.
And I know when this got really really bad because it's when I started having this pain in my eye/head. It's when I had to work for 2 months at an internet marketing company and had to use to computer for 6-7 hours straight every day.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:39 pm 
***LIES!!!***

VeganinBerlin, holy crepe. Is this just random or do they know what's causing it?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:48 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Just found out a woman I know (girlfriend of a friend of mine) is being evicted from her apartment after 17 years. It's in the mission district and her landlord is selling to a developer, who will build apartments that cost ten times as much to rent.

Progress!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:50 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I had a dream that I was talking to my late grandmother last night. I woke up feeling so sad.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:52 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

Ariann wrote:
VeganinBerlin, holy crepe. Is this just random or do they know what's causing it?

Glaucoma.

from wiki
Glaucoma has been called the "silent thief of sight" because the loss of vision often occurs gradually over a long period of time, and symptoms only occur when the disease is quite advanced. Once lost, vision cannot normally be recovered, so treatment is aimed at preventing further loss. Worldwide, glaucoma is the second-leading cause of blindness

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:04 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

My grandpa had glaucoma. I am at risk, and don't want to be tested because of the terrible eye puff-y thing they have to do. I am so sorry to hear of your troubles, ViB, and hope your current doc helps you keep it in check.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15422 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 536, 537, 538, 539, 540, 541, 542 ... 617  Next