| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 538, 539, 540, 541, 542, 543, 544 ... 617  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:08 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

I had all 4 wisdom teeth extracted and was awake for it, totally aware, and it was horrible. They had to saw the bottom two out. I'm still so numb I can't tell my lip from a piece of gauze.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:52 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Oh ashley... that sucks. I hope you heal quickly.

A 1/2 hour before court is a terrible time to find out the printer to print court docs is not working. I guess the best thing is that we figured it out.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:23 pm 
Semen Strong

Yikes Ashley, that sounds horrendous!

My whine is that my Dad and stepmother will randomly call me during the day, and then leave long whiny messages that they want to see their granddaughter and why can't I ever answer the phone and am I alright? So I email to please set up a time that we can agree to be at the computer at so we can call, but of course, they don't want to commit to a time, so they don't response and just leave more and more pissed off messages acting like I am being a jerk.

I have a toddler - sometimes when my phone rings I can't answer it. Sometimes when you skype me, I am not at the computer.

And I hate Skype's new updates.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:47 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Tofulish wrote:

My whine is that my Dad and stepmother will randomly call me during the day, and then leave long whiny messages that they want to see their granddaughter and why can't I ever answer the phone and am I alright?

I CAN'T IMAGINE WHY YOU MIGHT POSSIBLY NOT BE ABLE TO DROP EVERYTHING AND PICK UP THE PHONE FOR A LONG CHAT.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:48 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I just got declined for yet another job. I am SO THANKFUL to have my current job, but I have 15 years' of experience in my field and I have never ever had such hard times. I am literally crushed and seriously don't know how I'm going to cope with staying here. Life sucks so hard right now.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:53 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

VeganinBerlin wrote:
When I'm ill I always think I'm depressed and have to remind myself that this is what happens when I'm ill. I also think "why am i writing this cookbook, it sucks, i still dont know if I want to self-publish or not" and then I go into the whole i-wont-ever-achieve-anything mode. JUST. BECAUSE.OF.A.COLD!

I don't get depressed so much as I get weepy. Like, emotional train-wreck. I always think "holy hell, what happened?! Am I losing my mind?" and then the next day I wake up sick as a dog.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:53 pm 
WRETCHED

My company has had lay offs every year for the past 5 years and guess what was announced again for this year? Layoffs. Yet our profits have continued to increase for the past 5 years. I hate seeing people go that don't deserve it and I hate being in fear for my job even though I've been told I'm vital.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:27 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I've been working really hard on a project for over a year and now a co-worker is just swooping in and taking all the credit, and my manager is totally giving it to her. Ugh. I love my job, but I really hate some of the people I work with. It makes me want to find another job. I read that people don't leave jobs, they leave managers, and I'm finding that to be so, so true.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:52 pm 

lobsteriffic wrote:
I read that people don't leave jobs, they leave managers, and I'm finding that to be so, so true.

I've never heard it put like that, but it's definitely true. Nearly every job I've ever left (or wanted to leave), I've left because I couldn't tolerate my boss anymore. I really believe I could be happy doing almost any type of work if I had good co-workers and a supportive boss. Why is that so hard to find? Why are people such crassholes?!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:15 pm 
Semen Strong

I completely agree lobsteriffic and I am so sorry that your manager isn't recognising your hard work.

And Erika, thank you for that laugh <3

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:48 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

ashley wrote:
lobsteriffic wrote:
I read that people don't leave jobs, they leave managers, and I'm finding that to be so, so true.

I've never heard it put like that, but it's definitely true. Nearly every job I've ever left (or wanted to leave), I've left because I couldn't tolerate my boss anymore. I really believe I could be happy doing almost any type of work if I had good co-workers and a supportive boss. Why is that so hard to find? Why are people such crassholes?!

That is exactly why I left my last job. The owner/manager and the office manager were just horrid nasty people.
Today at work we had a tough go of it. The computers were not working and we had deadlines for this stuff. And yet at the end of it, my boss was clear it was not my fault and that everything was okay. I like that. It makes me want to be better.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:43 am 
Bathes in Braggs

j-dub wrote:
VeganinBerlin wrote:
When I'm ill I always think I'm depressed and have to remind myself that this is what happens when I'm ill. I also think "why am i writing this cookbook, it sucks, i still dont know if I want to self-publish or not" and then I go into the whole i-wont-ever-achieve-anything mode. JUST. BECAUSE.OF.A.COLD!

I don't get depressed so much as I get weepy. Like, emotional train-wreck. I always think "holy hell, what happened?! Am I losing my mind?" and then the next day I wake up sick as a dog.

Ugh, that, too. Last night when I couldn't sleep I called my boyfriend and literally told him that I was alone and no one really loved or cared about me... I did say it half-jokingly, but still.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 8:02 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Dang, it really sucks when people say they're going to go to a party/thing and then....don't. Or cancel last minute. My friend was having a Halloween party tonight and asked a lot of times if anyone was interested in going, set up a Facebook event, got RSVP's, the whole deal...and then everyone had a "last minute change of plans" except for three of us. And we're the three who would be hanging out anyway, so it almost doesn't count. And now she's super sad and we have a lot of food that no one's going to eat.
Honestly. Rude.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 12:15 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Okay, so that was last night but still: the "being ill makes me depressed" thing really came true last night, when I whined to my boyfriend, he didn't react well and it took me 20 minutes or so to calm myself down and not hurt myself. What a flashback to worse times in my life.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:05 am 
Saggy Butt

a girl broke her leg today at roller derby, just took a really strange fall. feeling bad for her :(

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:27 am 
Impressive boner

postnothing wrote:
a girl broke her leg today at roller derby, just took a really strange fall. feeling bad for her :(

I saw this happen to one of my team mates. She was halfway around the track from the pack, took a corner, her left foot flipped out and her leg broke. She's skating again now though.

I'm still sick with this bloody cold. My sinuses are so congested that my teeth ache.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:57 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I got an email last night from my boss that the direct deposit company is giving us shiitake and we may not be able to get paid until the 6th. I live paycheck to paycheck and my rent comes out on the 4th of each month. I was excited that this month I made more than my rent bill and I'd be able to pay off a bit of my credit card, but apparently that was a false hope. My boss may be able/willing to lend me enough to cover rent, but I'm so stressed right now I can't focus on my work. I just want to pay my bills! I'm a lawyer; paying bills should not be a problem!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:01 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I'm still ill, my arm has started hurting really badly again, my mental health is crappy and I broke my new glasses I just spend 200 euros on. I'm going to the optician later while ill, thankfully my mother was so nice and said she could drive me even though she would be at work right now.

After spending 6 days at home non stop I feel I'm going a bit crazy.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:08 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

VeganinBerlin wrote:
I'm still ill, my arm has started hurting really badly again, my mental health is crappy and I broke my new glasses I just spend 200 euros on. I'm going to the optician later while ill, thankfully my mother was so nice and said she could drive me even though she would be at work right now.

After spending 6 days at home non stop I feel I'm going a bit crazy.

Maybe I'm overreacting, but I'm thinking it could be wise to contact mental health care before the weekend starts.

What I make from your posts is that you're not doing well due to several things and I get the feeling that you need some help.

I hope I'm wrong, or that you'll get the help/support you need.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:00 am 
Lime and a Coconut

Letting myself into my office through the back door with a key, some guy in the alley asks me if I have a clean syringe. DUDE.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:28 am 

I'm home all drugged up on painkillers and in my pajamas, looking and feeling like a complete mess, and the landlord chooses today to come by with an electrician just to check things out. I haven't had any problems and there's nothing to fix. This is annoying.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:38 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

ashley wrote:
I'm home all drugged up on painkillers and in my pajamas, looking and feeling like a complete mess, and the landlord chooses today to come by with an electrician just to check things out. I haven't had any problems and there's nothing to fix. This is annoying.

Doesn't your landlord need to give you notice? Or can you not at least say you are ill and ask them to come back at a more convenient time?

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:42 am 

dropscone wrote:
ashley wrote:

Doesn't your landlord need to give you notice? Or can you not at least say you are ill and ask them to come back at a more convenient time?

They gave me notice, but they are inspecting all of the units in my complex this afternoon. I didn't want to be a jerk about it. If I wasn't home (and normally I wouldn't be in the middle of the day on a Friday), they'd just let themselves in. I thought about pulling myself together and going for a walk to avoid them while they're here, but they gave me a two hour window. I don't think I'm going to walk around for 2 hours today. Oh well.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 6:55 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Usually I work 2 days a week right now, but I decided to work a 3rd day because I have a deadline coming up next week that I'm really stressed out about and not sure I'll meet. The first 90% of my work day was pretty good, I actually made some progress on something I've been puzzling over all week, and I'm starting to feel like I might be ready for my Thursday deadline after all.

Then right before I was thinking I'd celebrate by logging out a little early, I got an email revealing that there's a problem with this other project I'm working on and have been working on for six months. It's not a big deal, it's a minor thing that needs fixing, but it means seriously 3 more weeks until this code can even potentially ship again. Have I mentioned this project is already 2 months overdue? Yeah. It's not good. (The 2 months overdue thing has been 99% out of my hands, but yeah. 3 more weeks on top of that? Not good.)

It's not the end of the world but now I feel shitty about my whole day and so forking stressed about how this reflects on me as an employee. I've only been here for six months, I just accepted a full-time offer with the group to start when I graduate, and I can't get my forking code out the door. I feel like I look like the biggest moron.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:35 am 
Saggy Butt

8ball wrote:
postnothing wrote:

I saw this happen to one of my team mates. She was halfway around the track from the pack, took a corner, her left foot flipped out and her leg broke. She's skating again now though.

I'm still sick with this bloody cold. My sinuses are so congested that my teeth ache.

ugh i am on the verge of developing a cold... i hope it disappears while i'm sleeping! i hope yours does too.

yeah, it was so weird... i wasn't expecting that outcome to happen from what she did. she sorta went for a double knee fall after a hit, but tended to one side, and on that side, i guess her foot didn't budge but her body kept moving. i don't even know her (we were having an open coed scrimmage, so tonnes of unfamiliar faces) but i am going to try to see if she needs food/cookies/soup or something while she recovers.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15416 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 538, 539, 540, 541, 542, 543, 544 ... 617  Next