| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16067 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 545, 546, 547, 548, 549, 550, 551 ... 643  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:53 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

My great aunt is dying and I really wish I could afford to visit.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 4:56 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Hugs everyone. This thread is rough today.

Strawberry, where is she?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 5:08 pm 

She's is in St. Petersburg, Florida. Even if I could afford a plane ticket, I don't have any paid time off work, and I make just barely enough money to survive so taking unpaid time isn't really an option.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 15, 2013 7:26 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

strawberryrock wrote:
She's is in St. Petersburg, Florida. Even if I could afford a plane ticket, I don't have any paid time off work, and I make just barely enough money to survive so taking unpaid time isn't really an option.

Well, if you figure out a way to get here, I would be willing to pick you up either in Tampa or Orlando. Sorry to hear about your aunt.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 6:19 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I'm cooking dinner for my a cappella group this week (yay!) but I saved all the cooking till the last minute instead of cooking things throughout the week and freezing/reheating them like I usually do because usually I'm smart, and now I'm having serious pain in my left foot. I have a deformity in this foot which makes it exceptionally prone to injury, and it wasn't too long ago (like a little over a year ago or so) that for about year and a half I was almost completely unable to walk due to screwing up my foot too many times. It's been doing really well for a while though so I figured I was in the clear, but right now I'm in so much forking pain and I'm kinda freaked out, especially right now when I'm still really hyperconscious that my safety in public spaces could be contingent upon my ability to run away from drunken homophobes so if I can't actually run I could be in big trouble.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:10 pm 
Dead by dawn

One of biker boy's friends took his kitties when we moved in together permanently. At first it was temporary but sort of open-ended on everyone's part. They were doing really well there and the 12 year old daughter was loving them to bits so we decides it worked for everyone to have them keep them rather than have them moved again and have to adapt to the dog. Biker boy would get to see them periodically and so it was pretty ok. But Muffin got hit by a car today and didn't make it. Bb is sad and feeling guilty, though they had access to the outdoors at his house and it could have happened even if nothing had ever changed. His friend is feeling sad and guilty, the little girl is devastated, and I am sad and feel sort of responsible for the crime of having a dog. Stupid sad day, poor sweet little Muffin.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 9:13 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

MToes...How sad for everyone...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:50 pm 
Semen Strong

One of our friends just told us he is getting a divorce. They got married 11 months ago, and had a very expensive wedding, which he paid for, because it was so important to his fiancee. And then he had a workplace accident and stopped making as much money, and so now she has left him.

Its also really distressing to see how much impact this accident is having on our friend - he worked there for many years, it was his employers fault, and he cannot return to work, but the employer was able to fire him and to terminate his insurance benefits etc. So now he is living on unemployment, trying to get a settlement to help him deal with the fall out from the accident, and worried about trying to afford rent, food and the health insurance he needs to heal and that he wants to be able to provide for his children.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:34 pm 

That's just awful, tofulish. I hope your friend is able to put his life back together.

I reached out to my friend again, the one who isn't talking to me (see up thread). I've sent her two texts over the past week without a response and left her a voicemail today with no response. I really hope she doesn't end our friendship over such a silly thing. I have very few friends as it is, and really value our friendship. Friends are allowed to have disagreements, right?! I'm so sad right now.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:24 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

ScooterDiva wrote:
I reached out to my friend again, the one who isn't talking to me (see up thread). I've sent her two texts over the past week without a response and left her a voicemail today with no response. I really hope she doesn't end our friendship over such a silly thing. I have very few friends as it is, and really value our friendship. Friends are allowed to have disagreements, right?! I'm so sad right now.

So sad that she's cutting you out completely and not dealing with the disagreement. I've had decent fights with all my closest friends and we've all gotten through them. I hope she talks to you soon.

My worst thing? Hangover. And working during said hangover. How did two beers turn into closing the bar and not getting to bed until 4 am? I don't even know.

Mtoes, that sucks. I'm sorry you're all going through that.

Tofulish, how terrible for your friend. That is so sad and horrible.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:07 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Strawberryrock, I'm so sorry. That is an awful situation to be in.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 7:59 pm 

In not nearly as bad news (my aunt is still holding on, the by way), I went to the dentist today and he told me that if my gums get worse (they're receding and such) at my next cleaning I'll have to see a periodontist. So that sounds unfun. But joke's on you, dentist, because I won't have dental insurance starting 2014, so it's not a possibility anyway! :(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:02 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I have a horrid cold and my eye is all drippy and gross.

I just want to sleep all day.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:09 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

You know the difference between Portland and San Francisco? Both get plenty of rain. But only in San Francisco do you have someone peek out the window, see a grey sky and a wet ground, and immediately think "I MUST FIND THE LARGEST DESIGNER GOLF UMBRELLA I OWN AND OPEN IT IMMEDIATELY!"

I'm almost 6' tall, and I'm really sick of nearly getting poked in the eye by the umbrellas of a bunch of shorties who can't bother to simply stick their damn palm out to check whether it's actually raining, or just drizzling, or just misting, or JUST OVERCAST. Put the umbrellas away, people. A raincoat will do you just fine.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:21 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

There was a shooting less than 2 blocks from my house. THe cops shot and killed the suspect.
I am sickened.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:57 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
You know the difference between Portland and San Francisco? Both get plenty of rain. But only in San Francisco do you have someone peek out the window, see a grey sky and a wet ground, and immediately think "I MUST FIND THE LARGEST DESIGNER GOLF UMBRELLA I OWN AND OPEN IT IMMEDIATELY!"

I'm almost 6' tall, and I'm really sick of nearly getting poked in the eye by the umbrellas of a bunch of shorties who can't bother to simply stick their damn palm out to check whether it's actually raining, or just drizzling, or just misting, or JUST OVERCAST. Put the umbrellas away, people. A raincoat will do you just fine.

Umbrellas (aka weapons) are super shunned here in BC but tourists will never get the memo. I mean, just find a hairstyle that is enhanced by the humidity. That's how we do it. Frizz4lyfe.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:39 pm 

So my bike that was stolen....I am being reimbursed by my renter's insurance minus my deductible, but...the year I got my bike (2012) was the last year it was made. There's no way I'll get another one. I really just wanted to replace it like for like. I'm so down.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:07 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

What was the make and model?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:11 pm 

2012 Salsa Casseroll - 51cm frame

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:23 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

I'm beyond terrified that my two best friends don't love me anymore

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:31 pm 
***LIES!!!***

strawberryrock wrote:
In not nearly as bad news (my aunt is still holding on, the by way), I went to the dentist today and he told me that if my gums get worse (they're receding and such) at my next cleaning I'll have to see a periodontist. So that sounds unfun. But joke's on you, dentist, because I won't have dental insurance starting 2014, so it's not a possibility anyway! :(

This might sound really weird, but periodontists are the bomb and they can do actual things to fix this problem, it is worth seeing one sooner rather than later if you can afford it now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 3:31 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

kfad wrote:
There was a shooting less than 2 blocks from my house. THe cops shot and killed the suspect.
I am sickened.

Ugh, how awful.

Does it seem like suspects getting shot is on the increase in general, or is it being reported more?

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:08 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

kfad wrote:
I am sickened.

:[ this is one of the biggest problems I have with the idea of living in the US. the guns (and surrounding attitudes) are forking terrifying. I never felt in immediate danger, but the "too close for comfort" situation happened far too often

my bad thing was going to the doctor: my lymph nodes are still up, and still hurting. I was told to wait and see for another 4 weeks. so that's another four weeks of paranoia and helplessness. (unless, of course, they go down on their own, which would be nice)

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:46 am 
Seagull of the PPK

jeez joshua, hang in there. i can't even think about how stressful that must be for you.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 21, 2013 6:57 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

<3 Joshy. I hope those croissants go down on their own.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16067 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 545, 546, 547, 548, 549, 550, 551 ... 643  Next