| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 5:43 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 549, 550, 551, 552, 553, 554, 555 ... 648  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:14 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Boober, I am so sorry for your loss. That is way too many young people lost in one year.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:30 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

Major, major hugs, Boober. That's so awful.

Thanks again for the love and hugs, everyone. My biopsy is scheduled for next Wednesday, and I have a follow up appointment scheduled with my endocrinologist the following week. I'll keep you cats in the loop. Taking it all one day at a time. <3

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:55 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Aww, hugs to all.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:16 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Today marks one year since my sister died. We didn't have a good relationship and I still have so many complicated feelings about it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:58 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Realizing that 10 years ago a dear friend shot himself "playing" Russian roulette. This is always an awful month of memories but I'm always confused about the date, because it was Thanksgiving but the holiday falls on a different day each year.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:16 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

geez, hugs to everyone. What a bunch of shiitake everyone is going through.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:23 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

fatcat wrote:
Today marks one year since my sister died. We didn't have a good relationship and I still have so many complicated feelings about it.

Have you tried something to deal with that or to find closure?

You could write a letter or a card with just "even though we didn't get along very well, I do miss you" or something like that.
And than perhaps attach that to a helium balloon and let the balloon fly away.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:31 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

fatcat wrote:

Fatcat! You're putting a lot of good out into the world. Don't forget that. I hope you find some comfort.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:37 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

The first fight of the holiday season was all because I tried to avoid fights by doing something extra.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 2:42 am 
Chip Strong

My stepdad dumped out the little trash can in my room, which wouldn't matter if it were actually you know, trash. But it wasn't. There were some random hangers in their I shoved in their to get them out of the way, and then my cat knocked a couple of things off my hamper into it last weekend, including a pillowcase that matches my bed spread, and a pillowcase that was super special because my mom had embroidered it when she was a kid. Checked the laundry and linen closest, and they're not there.

I have asked him so many times to please not throw my things away because he's thrown out stuff I wanted to keep before (I'm not just talking about my trash can, he's gone into my bathroom or shower and just thrown out anything he didnt think "belonged" there, including half full products and sometimes expensive things, as well as stuff of mine that was downstairs instead of in my room.) what the fizzle wouldn't he have been like huh, this doesn't look like trash, so maybe I should ask her about it?! And trash came today, so it's gone.

And I can tell him what he did, because then he'll yell at me and make sure I know this is my fault. Ugh, I know a pillowcase (even one with sentimental value) is pretty inconsequential, but I'm super upset right now because I feel like none of my stuff is safe if he decides its not needed anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:36 am 
Ninja Master

Ugh sorry Simply_Love, my dad does that too. He'll just get pissed off with mess and bin stuff - Like a bunch of food from the pantry because it's taking up too much space.

One year he binned a bunch of my summer clothes that were in the attic just to make space in my (tiny!) wardrobe for winter stuff. Another year he binned all my mum's Christmas presents on boxing day (that was an accident - he was over-zealous with the rubbish binning) and this year he didn't check the cards/envelopes from my birthday before he binned stuff and threw away gifts of cash for my holiday adding up to about 90 euro. But he refuses to admit that was him even though we know it was.

It's super annoying. I've told him in no uncertain terms now that he is not permitted to touch anything in my room or in the attic until I have given express approval because I'm sick of him throwing out my stuff.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:29 am 
Chip Strong

Ugh, sorry baps. He sounds even worse about it than my stepdad.

I told my mom (mainly to ask if she knew if he'd dumped it out in the trash that gotten picked up, and she thinks he did), and now she is super upset, and mad at him, as well as me a bit it seems (she didn't say she was, but she's acting cold...).

This should be a fun Thanksgiving....

I know the last time I washed the special pillow case was with my clothes, and there is a slight chance it's up at my apartment. And I'm really, really, really hoping it is, because I don't think I've ever seen her so upset about a belonging.

(And as I was writing this, he came downstairs and my mom tried to talk to him about it, and of course, he was a jerk and like whatever, it was in the trash(no, it was probably on top an hanging off, or even next to). No apology or sign of remorse for throwing away something that ment a lot to both of us).

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:24 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

*hugs* to everyone.

Urgh. Work and personal life got a bit blurred today. Damn working and living in the one area. I feel like a crasshole now.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 4:58 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I told Brian this would happen, but my mother-in-law showed up for Thanksgiving uninvited and without even a five minute heads up. So i'm upstairs crying and popping heartburn pills. The food is going to be done in about five minutes and she needs to forking leave.

ETA: Oh, my bad. When I told Brian to text her a few days ago and ask her if she was stopping by, he just made faces at me so I assumed he didn't do it. Well, he did and didn't tell me and didn't tell me she responded. So he is the monster.

But it's still awkward because I have four nice plates, five total chairs, and six people downstairs and my dinner is almost done and they already ate. So. GTFO!

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 8:50 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

many many hugs, alka seltzers, and aspirins to whomever needs them right now. it's been that kind of day for me, and i know i'm not the only one.
we had the usual and predictable thanksgiving bingo that entailed
-drunk people being stoopid
-racial "jokes" that backfired on their tellers
-someone's tooth filling fell out
-the obligatory discussion of not-at-the-table type accidents by my ex-cop brother
-obligatory political discussion that ended in tears
-nobody wanting to touch the vegan stuff- NOT ONE person besides me ate a piece of pie. and these pies are the forking bomb so i don't even care, they are all mine.
there's more but jaysus, enough already. i'm putting on my jammies and trying to forget this ever happened. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday and this is the first one that has been less than stellar, leave it to the family units.

thank god for wine, is all i had to say.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:03 pm 
Semen Strong

Oh torque, that sucks so bad! You are such an amazing person and cook!

I wish L wasn't sick, because I wish I could totally meet up with you tomorrow and share my pumpkin cheesecake and your pies and have a goofy post-T day!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 1:16 am 
Saggy Butt

torque wrote:
-nobody wanting to touch the vegan stuff- NOT ONE person besides me ate a piece of pie. and these pies are the forking bomb so i don't even care, they are all mine.

Totally their loss. I like sharing food/making cakes for everyone etc, but there is a very small part of me that likes having vegan food all to myself. Especially when it tastes awesome

π

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:48 am 
Ninja Master

Star wrote:
torque wrote:

Totally their loss. I like sharing food/making cakes for everyone etc, but there is a very small part of me that likes having vegan food all to myself. Especially when it tastes awesome

Totally. But seriously I don't get people that won't even try something cuz it's vegan. My family stopped bothering with non-vegan desserts at family occasions once I learnt how to bake as a vegan. Because they realised mine are WAY better than their non-vegan baked goods anyway. Not that I'm the world's best baker but I have some good books and they all suck at baking! hahahah.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 4:42 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

i realized this was the first meal with them where i didn't try to make them try anything. i kept my stuffing, gravy, shiitake log, etc in the kitchen and didn't put it on the table. but the pies, i forgot they would be out there.
to be fair, no dessert was touched, because we were all probably on the edge of committing homicide. but now, i am drinking tea and eating pie post-volunteer gig and man, this pie is good.

today's bad things were so funny that they aren't even bad.
i got bitten by a grey african parrot with no feet (she sort of scoots around on her stumps, and there's nothing wrong with her beak....)
got prickified by a very grumpy hedgehog who i woke up so Baggy could meet him (they look so cute but are not super comfy to hold when they're unhappy)
had to wrassle angry mouthy macaws because one had to go to the hospital (no idea why, but she was having trouble breathing) but her mate was being defensive [had to catch everyone and wrap them in towels]
and had a greyhound steal part of my lunch.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:18 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Sheesh torque, the animal kingdom is out to get you! Enjoy the heck out of the pie, though, you deserve it.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 5:22 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Tomorrow, I am going to a wedding of a friend. We were part of a small group that have been close friends for over 30 years. Until last year when they all stopped speaking to me after one of them (not the bride) told me I was not welcome at our upcoming high school reunion because the Ring Leader didn't want me there (long story, I really believe I did nothing wrong). So somehow, that was my fault and now no one talks to me. I have no idea why I was invited to this wedding, it is going to be miserable and I fear public humiliation a la "Carrie".
I am super stressed out, will be getting drunk tonight (and tomorrow night) just to cope.
PLUS, the wedding interfers with the last ND football game of the season. Good Lard!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 10:05 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

My good friend found out she was pregnant a few weeks ago. Her husband and just turned 2 year old son were pretty stoked.

Today she found out she no longer is.

I was so convinced the baby was a girl, and told her so. Today she dubbed her "Chloe" and we cried together over Facebook.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 2:47 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Moon, I'm so sorry for your friend's loss. It's so easy to get attached to a future child and it hurts like a bisque when that happiness is taken away, so quickly.

With this and all of the other horribly sad things, I think I got some perspective on my sprained ankle I was going to whine about here. To the first world problems thread for me!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 4:55 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

I'm sorry, but

torque wrote:
shiitake log

LOL.

I'm glad you had awesome food all to yourself, though! Their loss.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:37 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

I am so glad someone else caught this because I have been writing out "shiitake LOG" and snickering to myself all day. me an my shitlog.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16177 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 549, 550, 551, 552, 553, 554, 555 ... 648  Next