| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:15 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 555, 556, 557, 558, 559, 560, 561 ... 625  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:02 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I am feeling really anxious about going to a work party in about an hour. No good reason for this. I am friends with my coworkers, get along with the bosses and the whole thing is going to be super low key. I just feel like crawling out of my skin, though.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:30 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

My former insurance company is trying to dick me out of $500 and I am PISSED. They told my dentist they would cover a certain amount, and then actually only covered about half of that amount, and now they are playing dumb. The receptionist at the dentist even took down the name of the representative she spoke with when she called to verify my coverage (and the date and time of the call), but the insurance people have "no record" of that call ever taking place.

I don't even know what to do.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2013 5:26 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I hate mould. So much. Ugh. How can the back of a picture frame be completely coated in mould, and the wall it is hanging on not have any?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:40 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

A friend of mine, a beloved elder in my spiritual community, died today. He was 67.

fork cancer so very very much.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:52 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Choirqueer, I am so sorry for your loss.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:19 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I found that a colleague of mine was stealing today, significant sums of money. There is cast iron proof so I had to tell the boss.
He is being fired on Monday. I feel terrible

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Goodreads

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:53 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

everyone at work is sick and dying (i work at a nursing home, which pretty much everyone knows). it's really getting to me today. one of my favorite guys had a stroke and now he's basically in a vegetative state when a few days ago he was fine. he thought it was the 60s and he was still a mechanic, but i liked hearing his stories. another one of my guys had to have emergency surgery for a subdural hematoma. he's the best and i hope he's ok!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:21 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Star wrote:
I found that a colleague of mine was stealing today, significant sums of money. There is cast iron proof so I had to tell the boss.
He is being fired on Monday. I feel terrible

Woah shiitake. Bad times. Crappy when you find out people are dishonest, but understandable you feel terrible. Someone working for my department was found out for being a cheat and lost their job a while back. He shouldn't have done it, it was stupid of him, but I can't help wondering how he's making ends meet now.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:50 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Sorry for your loss, CQ.

IJDI, I can't imagine going through that so frequently; I hope you are getting the care you need.

Hugs for everyone, so many hugs.

I realized today that my income for the month will not cover my rent. I held off on paying some bills last month so I could have this buffer, but I am so depressed by this. I only got paid by 9 out of 69 clients and it is just really making me feel taken advantage of and like my clients don't value me enough to bother paying their really low monthly installments (seriously, $25-$100 per month for a lawyer...it is not crazy). I want to cry.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:27 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Fizzgig wrote:
I realized today that my income for the month will not cover my rent. I held off on paying some bills last month so I could have this buffer, but I am so depressed by this. I only got paid by 9 out of 69 clients and it is just really making me feel taken advantage of and like my clients don't value me enough to bother paying their really low monthly installments (seriously, $25-$100 per month for a lawyer...it is not crazy). I want to cry.

I know this feeling. I got my property tax and insurance bills, and had a few hour freakout about how I should sell my house and just rent. It sucks.

I made pumpkin pie brownies and an enchilada casserole for a family Christmas party yesterday. They were both awesome and beautiful, but everyone stared at them like they were piles of shiitake, then dug into the meaty things everyone else brought. Feels like a highly personal rejection.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:46 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I have been having a terrible anxiety week. Switching up my meds helps, but this is just getting intense.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:02 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I saw my parents, which rarely happens, and it is always just a sad reminder of how they don't have my back or actually give a shiitake about me or being supportive of me at all. All they care about is themselves and drugs. So I bawled my eyes out on the way home. Fun.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:25 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

My BFF lost her second child. She was under 8 weeks, but it's the second time this year, and really crushing for her since she wants to be a mom so much :/

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:57 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Oh, lutin. I am so sorry to hear that. I can't imagine how painful that must be for your friend. I will keep her in my thoughts.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:36 am 

paprikapapaya wrote:
I saw my parents, which rarely happens, and it is always just a sad reminder of how they don't have my back or actually give a shiitake about me or being supportive of me at all. All they care about is themselves and drugs. So I bawled my eyes out on the way home. Fun.

So sorry about this, pp. I can't imagine how hard that must be.

I'm dogsitting this weekend. I got up at 3am when the dog started barking like crazy wanting to go out. I was shuffling around trying to find my glasses and banged my head REALLY hard on an open cabinet door. It's been 5+ hours and my head is still throbbing and I'm dizzy.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:00 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

ashley wrote:
My former insurance company is trying to dick me out of $500 and I am PISSED. They told my dentist they would cover a certain amount, and then actually only covered about half of that amount, and now they are playing dumb. The receptionist at the dentist even took down the name of the representative she spoke with when she called to verify my coverage (and the date and time of the call), but the insurance people have "no record" of that call ever taking place.

I don't even know what to do.

That majorly sucks! I wish I had some advice. Stupid insurance jerks!

CQ, I am sorry for your loss. Loosing friends is always hard. Hugs.

Paprikapapaya, I'm sorry about your parents. I'm glad you limit your contact with them and have a great husband in your life.

Lutin, that is so awful for your friend. I'm so sorry she has had to go through losing a child twice.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:05 pm 

I've called the insurance company a bunch of times and been told repeatedly there is no supervisor available to escalate the issue. Basically my only recourse is faxing (faxing!!) a letter to their "grievance department" (99% sure this doesn't exist) and hoping to get a response. I know I will not get a response.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:26 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

SO many hugs and good thoughts for everyone in this thread. I wish I could do something to help. ((HUGS))

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:58 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

Not so much "today" as a generalized whingefest, because I've been having kind of a rough time lately. 2013 has sucked so hard in so many ways (three dead friends, two broken ankles, horrible world events, the usual kid/house/work/money worries, a partridge in a pear tree, etc.), and I think it's all just catching up with me. More specifically, I'd recently been having some pain in my left boob, about which I'd been lying awake obsessing, so on Friday I had a mammogram and an ultrasound. Thankfully, both came back fine with no sign of anything wrong so I'm apparently just a hysterical worrywart - newsflash! - but I came away feeling a bit battered and exhausted.

So I'd just got home when my sister called to tell me a family friend had died from an overdose of painkillers (possibly accidental), which he had taken the day after his father's funeral…I mean, can you imagine? So she was on the way to her second of two funerals in as many weeks and basically in bits; by the time we hung up I wasn't much better. I had a nice day out with my partner and kids yesterday, which helped a bit, but I'm just feeling sort of generally overwhelmed by all the holiday stuff (hosting/cooking for Xmas, shopping, extended family drama, and having 7 people, 3 cats, and 1 perfect dog in my house, and I have yet to wrap one single present) on top of "normal" life things like my dissertation proposal, the review I've been blowing off, my son's college applications, my partner's crazy work and family stuff, and then to Chicago for MLA at the end of it all…can it be 2014 yet?

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:09 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry its been such a rough year Desdemona! It sounds so exhausting, and I am so very happy that your breast issues seem to be resolved. I hope that things ease up and that 2014 is a better one for you!

I really hear you on the exhaustion. Leela got coxsackie the day before Thanksgiving and we have all been sick ever since. So for three weeks, during all the standard holiday prep, we have been just surviving and trying not to get out of the house. So Christmas is Wednesday, and we're pretty much all geared up for take-out Chinese. Which sucks, because Christmas, but I really can't manage to do anything else.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:22 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Woke up with what feels like an ear infection on one side, immediately departed for 14 hour road trip that involves repeated significant altitude changes. Delightful!

Runner up: one of my kids threw up all over himself in the car. Twice. The second time was right AFTER we got back in from a rest stop.

Not a bad day other than these two things.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:37 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

If it's any consolation, my parents once had to deal with me and the dog barfing up Wendy's cheeseburgers in the back of the car on a torrentially rainy day at the Grand Canyon.

We laugh about it now. But my mom's laugh still has a slight hysterical edge...

Hope ear and kid are feeling better.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:35 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

Ugh, Tofulish and poopiebitch - as if holidays and travel and all the rest aren't enough on their own, there's nothing like sick kids to add that certain extra special something! Hang in there; all will be well, and right now Chinese takeout for Xmas dinner sounds pretty good!

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:29 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

I have a job I absolutely love, surrounded by awesome, caring, ethical people. There is one 'bad egg' in the whole lot who is selfish and immature and several people suspect she has Borderline Personality Disorder. This one person has whipped up so much drama in the office and there is a big fight going on between everyone and the environment I cherish is totally poisoned and toxic, all because of this one person. It's all coming to head and will resolve itself one way or another very soon, I just really hope that the truth of the matter wins out and this person leaves and I can have my wonderful job and caring environment back. Unfortunately, I've seen people like this absolutely obliterate a lot of good things, so I am not holding out tons of hope.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:00 pm 
Chip Strong

I've been on hold with healthcare.gov for 1 hour and 49 minutes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15616 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 555, 556, 557, 558, 559, 560, 561 ... 625  Next