| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 563, 564, 565, 566, 567, 568, 569 ... 593  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:37 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

I am having school-based angst. I'm pretty sure I haven't actually learned anything yet and this semester isn't looking much better (except perhaps when it comes to methods). Other people seem to be pretty challenged so I guess I just had a really solid base coming in, but I did not sign up for a Master's degree to have my knowledge validated I signed up to actually forking learn shiitake!

Also, saying really shitty stuff as a "devil's advocate" and/or "example" isn't okay just because you're generally progressive.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:01 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

I'm so sorry to everyone who is dealing with such profound loss right now. There are way too many it seems.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:29 pm 
Nailed to the V

Really bad day with Mum today. Lots of screaming, crying and I made my tongue bleed bighting it. I have drunk myself to sleep the last 16 days and will be for the foreseeable future

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Facebook

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:53 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Oh Star, that sounds harrowing. So sorry you're in such a difficult position.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:02 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Star, I know that feeling, sort of. Though with me I am tongue biting from afar - much easier to deal with.

Dad went to the Dr today for his severe constipation. He told us something the oncologist didn't tell us Monday, that Dad's liver function has gotten very bad and the cancer has grown there.

The doc gave me the mini run down while dad was trying, yet again, to go to the bathroom. But when the Dr went in to more detail with dad I couldn't handle it. Kidney/liver function stuff has always affected me for some reason, and I had to leave the office while the Dr was talking to dad about the effects of jaundice.

Then we came home for a bit before going to the hospital for an enema.

I'm so tired. Today wasn't even a busy hectic day or lots of running around, but stress is just killing me so badly. Between Dr and hospital all I could do was drink tea and do my puzzle. And when Mr Moon came home I didn't let him go for like, 5 minutes. The hugs, they sustain me.

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:16 pm 
Nailed to the V

Ah Moon, poor you. I'm glad Mr.Moon was there with hugs.

That sounds like a rough situation Star, I'm sorry you have to go through that.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:23 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I know internet hugs are not as good as irl hugs, but Moon and Star, you are both going through such awful situations right now. So I offer you my sincerest and biggest internet hugs.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:08 am 
Bathes in Braggs

j-dub wrote:
I am having school-based angst. I'm pretty sure I haven't actually learned anything yet and this semester isn't looking much better (except perhaps when it comes to methods). Other people seem to be pretty challenged so I guess I just had a really solid base coming in, but I did not sign up for a Master's degree to have my knowledge validated I signed up to actually forking learn shiitake!

Also, saying really shitty stuff as a "devil's advocate" and/or "example" isn't okay just because you're generally progressive.

This is how I'm feeling right now. There's a required course I'm stuck taking right now, and I am adamant about the fact that students really should know the skills they're teaching us by the time they enter university, and this is a 300-level introduction to English lanaguage lit, only required for English majors. It's how to do close reading to write an analytic essay, and I'm wasting my time and money "learning" a skill everyone should've picked up in high school or English 101, but, apparently, none of my classmates learned to do. It blows my mind.

Moon, Star, add my internet hugs and genuine sympathy for the situations you have at hand.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:29 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I went into a meeting today to discuss having a reception rota for my lunches, i.e., a rota for other people to cover for me when I'm on lunch when we do the official switch-over next week into my new role. That was bad enough, the reminder that I'm now officially just the receptionist, that they managed to find a way for the person who was the receptionist to move up but in the process knocked me down. But then I found out that one of the directors has decided that it's "best practice" to have 2 people opening the post, which is, of course, one of my tasks. Now I have to start doing that with someone else from next week. This is on top of another change to one of my tasks that was imposed from on high yesterday. Even though my line manager tried her best to stress that it wasn't a reflection of my work, I couldn't help but feel like I was being singled out. I barely made it to the end of the meeting before I started crying, and I'm crying again typing it out.

I was told there are a bunch of other changes in the works that are being handed down from upper management, because apparently they don't have anything better to do than disrupt everyone's working processes. But because they're not telling everyone about the changes, just the people involved, everyone is unhappy and feels like they're being targeted.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:04 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

rachell37 wrote:
I went into a meeting today to discuss having a reception rota for my lunches, i.e., a rota for other people to cover for me when I'm on lunch when we do the official switch-over next week into my new role. That was bad enough, the reminder that I'm now officially just the receptionist, that they managed to find a way for the person who was the receptionist to move up but in the process knocked me down. But then I found out that one of the directors has decided that it's "best practice" to have 2 people opening the post, which is, of course, one of my tasks. Now I have to start doing that with someone else from next week. This is on top of another change to one of my tasks that was imposed from on high yesterday. Even though my line manager tried her best to stress that it wasn't a reflection of my work, I couldn't help but feel like I was being singled out. I barely made it to the end of the meeting before I started crying, and I'm crying again typing it out.

I was told there are a bunch of other changes in the works that are being handed down from upper management, because apparently they don't have anything better to do than disrupt everyone's working processes. But because they're not telling everyone about the changes, just the people involved, everyone is unhappy and feels like they're being targeted.

I had a long-term temp job once where they decided to make opening the post a two-person job suddenly. Not sure what prompted it, but them implying I wasn't skilled and/or honest enough to open the forking post single handedly made me quit. I think I gave them the courtesy of five days notice, but I felt like just flouncing then and there! It was a terrible job overall and that was the final straw.

So, heartiest sympathies to you!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:53 pm 
ol' garly cooch

I know this is a small thing compared to others, and my heart goes out to others here that are struggling--I got an unexpected bill in the mail. One that luckily I can pay, but it eats all of our grocery money and then some for the next week. Although I make more than I've ever made in my life, I'm still a wage slave, living paycheck to paycheck with no chances of saving shiitake for shiitake. It's discouraging.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:16 pm 
Nailed to the V

Thanks Moon, Dropscone, Jean, Rhizopus Oligosporus & missdelaney. Posting here sometimes gives a great deal of comfort (writing things downs feels very cathartic)

We are all having a better day today with much more sensible communication. I'm going to have a 3 week break from drinking after tonight/this weekend (I did a 35 day break before Christmas but have been drinking heavily for 17 days since so I know I can do it) and will hopefully start trying to have a life again (its been on hold for 4 years)

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Facebook

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:41 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Two of the windows at my mom's house started leaking tonight. I hope this isn't too expensive, she is just so stressed right now.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:08 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

So I started my new job this week and it started out rocky and all that. It ended on a much better note and I'm feeling pretty good about where I'm at. My motherperson sent me a text message at the beginning of the week and asked me how it was (how unlike her, she usually wouldn't think about how I'm doing) and I told her not good, that I was having panic attacks (I should know better than to volunteer info to her). She calls me today and was like, "Oh you're doing better? Wow, that's surprising! All week I was thinking that you probably gave up and quit by now." THANKS. Also, she was like, "It sucks that you panic like that. I would hate to have your condition. That must be a real burden." THANKS. Also, I have this condition because of you, so double thanks.

When I was telling her about the job and the expectations of me, she was like, "WOW, that sounds impossiblee." Almost trying to egg me on to be anxious again or something.

I know it is not at all surprising that my motherperson would be rude (and she actually seemed almost...annoyed? That I stuck it out and am doing better?) but dang if it still doesn't have an impact on me in some way.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:15 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

PP, you're such an awesome person, and I hate that you've been suffering during what I'm sure you expected would be a positive thing. I really hope you continue to feel better about your job and can put what your mum said out of your mind. (I know, easier said than done.) Many hugs to you.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:16 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Staying at my friend's flat, alone, pretty much alone in the building, too, and freaking out at every little sound. Stoked that it's light out/morning.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:05 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Nightmares, or night terrors, or whatever keeps good sleep from happening. rrrrrrr.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:14 pm 
ol' garly cooch

So I've been sick for a while, having arthritic fits of sorts. It's interrupting my work attendance, my ability to be a good mom, and just keeping me from functioning from day to day shiitake. I go to the doctor and they take 7 vials of blood. From my hand. 7. My fear is that they'll find nothing wrong and I'll have a ton of medical bills for nothing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:53 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Woke up with anxiety that I can't place. I have been battling it for a couple of weeks now. So not sleeping well either.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:00 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I did really, really badly in my last MA module. Like, barely passed. If the other - also terrible - paper comes back with a low grade and tips the average below 50%, I fail the whole module. I'm really upset with myself. I've had a terrible, terrible year, and it really affected my ability to think straight or settle down and work.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 1:58 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Oh man. Worst thing about my day is how uncomfortable I am right now. Generally I think this surgery is healing well and stuff. But my pec muscles feel so tight. Similar feeling to a charlie-horse, not a super painful one but just that general feeling... consistently, all day. Ouchee. And it's so hard to get comfy. :/ Whine.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:05 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Mars wrote:
Oh man. Worst thing about my day is how uncomfortable I am right now. Generally I think this surgery is healing well and stuff. But my pec muscles feel so tight. Similar feeling to a charlie-horse, not a super painful one but just that general feeling... consistently, all day. Ouchee. And it's so hard to get comfy. :/ Whine.
Boo :(

Are you taking anything for it?

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:43 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Found out a friend of mine from college got the flu & is now in a coma. He was healthy, and has a little boy & wife. My heart breaks for them.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 7:57 am 
Discovered unobtainium

The Starbucks in the hospital does not have soy milk, so I'll be here all day with no coffee.

I'm going to bisque about coffee because that's all I can handle thinking about right now. And that is going to be the worst part of this day.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:04 am 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Yes lavawitch, no soy milk is absolutely going to be the worst thing that happens today! Please keep us posted. I'll be thinking about you and your dad today.

Reply to topic  [ 14801 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 563, 564, 565, 566, 567, 568, 569 ... 593  Next