| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 10:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15901 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 565, 566, 567, 568, 569, 570, 571 ... 637  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:29 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

It's been an awful week already, and now I'm at the emergency vet because my cat Agnes woke me up by crying this morning and I realized her back leg was paralyzed, which is pretty much the worst case scenario for a cat with heart disease.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:36 am 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry S.Rock. I hope you get good news and that Agnes recovers quickly and completely and that your bill isn't too exorbitant.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 11:56 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I hope Agnes is ok. Let me know if you need anything.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:25 pm 
Dildo Queen

Thanks Moon. there are no wildlife rescues near me, the closest is toronto, 1.5 hours away.

it is now 12:30 pm - about 10 hours later - mousie is still alive. he's moving and scratching his ear and making clicking sounds. i guess all i can hope for is that he's been drinking the ibuprofen water. i told my boyfriend to suffocate the mouse to put him out of his misery but he said hell no. what would other people do in this situation?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 1:00 pm 
Semen Strong

I would call a wildlife rehabber and ask. It doesn't sound like Mr Mouse is in distress by what you describe NAD. A bit of blood doesn't have to be a major injury. Animals seem to heal pretty quickly. I'd offer some peanut butter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 3:01 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Agnes and I are home. She's on pain medication and a blood thinner and is napping under the bed and hating me. Her back leg isn't completely paralyzed and she can still walk, just not very well, so they think this clot will probably fine but it's also very likely that she will get another clot and if that clot is worse there's a decent chance the humane option will be to put her down.

Oh also I have cramps, a migraine, I think a staph infection and super stressful relationship problems.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:31 am 
WELFARIST!

Yesterday my mom called to tell me that my grandma (who had a stroke 14 years ago and has slowly been on the decline ever since) is on her way out. She won't get out of bed and is refusing to take her medicines.

And last night T was up with severe back pain, so he went to urgent care this morning and just told me that he's been diagnosed with hypertension. Which is no big surprise considering his stress levels and lifestyle, but knowing it makes it seem a lot scarier.

Why can't people just be healthy and invincible?

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:56 am 
Discovered unobtainium

allularpunk wrote:

Why can't people just be healthy and invincible?

We are visiting my dad. I just left the room for a bit because I'm not good at holding together.

He is on an oxygen machine now and getting fluids. They are worried about his kidney function.

I'm just glad I got to his room first today. My mom dropped me at the door and parked so I wouldn't have to walk, so I saw the mask and was able to find out what was going on and meet her in the hall so she didn't see from a distance and get terrified like I did.

I wish I could be better support for my mom. She is everybody's rock.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:09 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

They are sending him back to icu. I had to leave again for a few minutes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:20 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry LW. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I hope you get good news soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:27 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Thanks. I just wish I could keep it together better. I have to keep leaving the room or sit here frenetically doing logic puzzles.

You'd think I could keep it positive for my dad's sake.

Hopefully once he is moved back to icu he can settle and watch the playoff games. He's been looking for pawed to those. We already mapped out the channels and times on the hospital tv for him.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:31 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

LW, I'm holding you and your family in the light. ((HUGS))

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 1:55 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

LW, so many good thoughts for your dad, you and your mom. Hugs hugs hugs.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:00 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Thank you all so much. I can't express how much the support and kind thoughts mean to me right now. All that lovely positive energy is helping me hang on and I can transfer that to him.

He seems better now back in icu and is actually sleeping a bit. They said he was unstable when he came in. They should never have moved him, then they were understaffed at the ward yesterday so he was neglected a bit since he seemed mostly stable.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:33 pm 
Dildo Queen

positive thoughts for lavawitch. and for everyone else going through shitty shiitake right now.

update on the mouse: he is responsive to sound and movement, like when we move the lid to check on him he jumps (really high holy shiitake!). gave him some fresh ibuprofen water, but he doesnt seem to be eating the nibbles i gave him. peanut butter is a great idea, tofulish, thank you very much. we are assuming that maybe his jaw is messed up and maybe there is some internal swelling from the injury. no blood, but he kind of just sits there breathing.he's breathing quietly now, no more clicking noises, maybe that means he is healing and breathing is easier now.

i am going to give him peanut butter and some cheese pieces (that were in my cat's wet food).
very upset over this poor little dear. my boyfriend wants to wait and thinks he will heal, and can survive if we sort of rehabilitate him/keep him in that warm safe space right now. he said it's not his place to end someone's life and i can respect that, though i am absolutely heartbroken and enduring a lot of stress imagining how the mouse is feeling. i guess i need to be more objective but it's hard to push aside my empathy.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:34 pm 
Dildo Queen

and i will call a rehabber tomorrow, thank you so very much.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:49 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

lavawitch, I am thinking of you and your mum and dad. Big hugs.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:20 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Semiautomatic, in a better headspace I would probably be able to be more helpful a I have a lot of experience with sick rats. But I just can't put my head together.

If you can get to a well stocked pet supply store, some kitten milk replacer is a good idea. Peanut butter needs to be used carefully and preferably, watered down, since rodents who gorge on it can choke.

LW I'm sorry he's going back in to ICU. I'm really thinking of you guys and hope things turn around soon.

I hate that I am so unhelpful in this part of dad's illness. When his feet were all infected and I had to dress them and change his IV bags I was totally fine. Now a few minutes of talking about liver function with his doctor makes me queasy and faint and I have to leave the room. He's jaundicing and it can be really seen in his eyes, and he's got a lot of blood in his urine. I don't think we will be restarting chemo tomorrow. He can hardly set and is just so weak for the most part. I'm glad he's at least sleeping a lot, I figure that's some respite from the pain and nausea.

I turn 30 this year and, although I have some issues surrounding my birthday, I was kind of hoping to have a big bash this year or do something particularly special. But I have a sinking feeling he will pass just before or right around my birthday, which obviously blows, but I also found out today that one of my best friends will be in Peru on my birthday, and the entire week before and the entire week after pretty much taking away the three possible birthday weekends away as celebratory options. By the time she gets back it won't be my birthday anymore. I'm just so sad.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:36 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Moon, I hope your dad is comfortable and sleeping. You can only do what you can do.

It's probably a good thing mine is back in icu. He was resting ok when we left. At least we know he is being continually monitored now. We worried about that yesterday.

Happy rainbow thoughts to everybody.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 6:53 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Hugs to everyone! Sick parents is a nightmare situation - I totally understand why it can be hard to keep it together! Huge huge hugs.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:04 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I have had what I think is food poisoning since last night. And I had to fly across the country this morning, then drive two hours. Then clean my house because I have been gone for 3 weeks and cats don't vacuum after themselves, sadly. I have been emotionally exhausted for 3 weeks and now I am physically exhausted too, and my stomach won't settle down. Oh, and back to work Tuesday. That alone is enough to make me stressed right now, since as soon as I get back I am putting in for voluntary separation program (i.e. getting out early in exchange for about a year's salary). Too many changes in too short of a time. And a very, very unhappy digestive system.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:19 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I hope you are feeling better soon. You have been through so much.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:24 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Oh my god, I just remembered. This was a worst thing from last week. I was holding off posting it because if it hadn't been resolved I would have lost my shiitake.

The USPS lost my dad's cremated remains for a week. And quite frankly, they didn't give a shiitake. And then, out of nowhere, he was delivered. This was SO stressful for my mom, I was focused on being the person home when he arrived, and he just kept not arriving. Of course, no apology or explanation from the post office. And because of that delay, his remains were delivered when my nephews were at the house, which we had been trying to avoid. Just UGH.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 7:27 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry Invictus. It sounds like you have had so much upheaval and sadness in your life recently. I hope that things get easier soon. Many, many hugs to you.

Moon, I am so sorry that things are not going well with your father. Sending you lots of good thoughts for him having as little pain and as much peace as possible right now. And I hope you get to have a nice birthday celebration, even with your friend out of town.

I am glad your Dad is doing better LW!

Semi-automatic - sorry for the bad advice! I hope that your little mouse-dude does well, and heals up soon.

Good thoughts to everyone!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:26 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Invictus, tht is really awful. I'm sorry you and your family had to go through that on top of everything else.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15901 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 565, 566, 567, 568, 569, 570, 571 ... 637  Next