| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:19 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 577, 578, 579, 580, 581, 582, 583 ... 647  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:33 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

had to leave work at lunch today to come home at stare at the wall/hide under blankets. it kinda came out of nowhere, but I couldn't face the idea of thinking about work any longer. there's a mountain of impending stress (on top of the existing stress!) which is pretty daunting.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:13 pm 
WELFARIST!

I just had my taxes done, and didn't realize how much it was going to cost. Luckily the lady gave me a $50 coupon because I was visibly sort of freaking out, but it still basically cleared out my checking account. Stupid self employment fees and other such bullshiitake. Plus I definitely owe 2 grand in taxes. At least I have until April? Ugh ugh ugh, just when I was starting to feel ok about my finances.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 2:33 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Big hug massive hugs to everyone. I wish I could just pet all your heads and feed you soup.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 3:19 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

paprikapapaya wrote:
Big hug massive hugs to everyone. I wish I could just pet all your heads and feed you soup.

current status: making soup

it's gonna fix errrrythang

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 12:40 am 
Huffs Nooch

Giant hugs to all.

I owe taxes too and am broke with no income. Fun times.

Two days ago my whole family woke up sick. 3 year olds both have nasty coughs. Today we woke up to a broken hot water heater (that leaked four feet and caved part of the neighbor's ceiling in). Haven't had water all day. Landlord was here this morning but never came back & is a bit of a bumbling idiot, so I'm scared it's gonna take forever for him to half asparagus it.

I can't clean or cook anything which is making me a bit nuts since I'm nesting, but at least I don't have a newborn in this situation at the moment. Just worried that they're not going to handle the situation correctly and we'll end up with mold. Likely to be the case since this is the most poorly maintained apt, I've ever lived in (and I've lived in one where the furnace caught on fire due to improper upkeep). At least our lease is up soon...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:14 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

The BSL course I was about to sign up for turned out yo be £85 more than I thought it was due to a confusingly written form. I think it was accidental, not evil, but it nudges the course into the "unjustifiable" bracket as I'd spend a lot of money on petrol getting to and from it.

Grr! I've already had two courses collapse this year, and this third one is just too expensive. Extra annoying is that I only want to do this course to progress onto the more advanced one. My signing is probably good enough that I could scrape a pass, and while I would learn some things, I'd be paying to do things I've already done.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 3:41 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ugh gulliver thats super frustrating, hidden fees in required courses make me want to cry because i'm budgeted very tightly to begin with, I feel u.

I currently have the flu, which is fine whatever, I haven't gotten sick in like 6 months so I'm due an illness, but what is killing me is the brain fog.
I am currently trying to comprehend Ranciere's the Politics of Aesthetics which is admittedly a really forking dense text, but I have to give a lecture on it and lead a discussion about it for the class I'm TA-ing on wednesday (and my slides/lesson plan are due to the actual professor tomorrow afternoon) and this is KILLING ME. I am usually really good at understanding and explaining dense theory to undergraduate students, hence why I am TA-ing this particular class but I am currently feeling very flowers for algernon because every few sentences I have to go back and figure out what just happened.

The sudden struggle to understand is throwing me for a really huge emotional loop due to having some hearing and sight loss come on recently, my brain is all i've got that's clear, it can't fail me now :(

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:19 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Since joshua is the one making soup, i will be the one feeding it to you all. And i will use really cute spoons that are made of toasty bread, so that you get a bite of bread with every scoop of soup.

I feel stupid posting on this thread since my problems seem pretty insignificant, but today i turned on Bolt at the burning building part and started crying. I have been emotionally delicate all day, and it was just too sad to handle. The whole thing with the dog, and the girl was so happy they were reunited, but then they were going to die. I snuggled with the puppy and watched the happy ending, but still... it was like a big punch in the happybox to watch that scene.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:25 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

saw my dad in the nursing home....ended up seeing his roommate's red spotted asparagus and smelling feces till i almost fainted....ick. scrubbing myself clean tonight!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 11:47 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Big sympathy to people who ended up owing on taxes. That has happened to me twice (with a couple of years in between and totally different financial situations, so it's not like I saw it coming either time). In case you are really in a jam and weren't aware of this, you can file for a payment plan for the amount you owe. I think they let you have up to 2 years. If you were to get a return next year, that would be auto-applied towards your balance too so wouldn't necessarily even be making payments for 2 entire years. It can be a really good option if you flat out can't pay, or you can file an extension if you would be able to pay in a couple of months (done that before too, years ago).

We underpaid so bad last year that this year I took the minimum number of exemptions AND made an additional optional contribution out of each paycheck. Man I don't want to go through that underpayment shiitake again. That sucks.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:48 am 
Saggy Butt

missmuffcake wrote:
saw my dad in the nursing home....ended up seeing his roommate's red spotted asparagus and smelling feces till i almost fainted....ick. scrubbing myself clean tonight!

He has a roommate? Wow, that must be tough. You get little enough privacy in a nursing or care home as it is. None of our homes have shared rooms anymore.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 7:39 am 
WRETCHED

We generally owe on taxes but we do it on purpose. I usually do my taxes in February to see how much we will owe but I haven't touched taxes yet. I really don't want to know how much we owe. I guess I'll have to do them sometime though.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:28 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

annabazoo wrote:
I feel stupid posting on this thread since my problems seem pretty insignificant, but today i turned on Bolt at the burning building part and started crying. I have been emotionally delicate all day, and it was just too sad to handle. The whole thing with the dog, and the girl was so happy they were reunited, but then they were going to die. I snuggled with the puppy and watched the happy ending, but still... it was like a big punch in the happybox to watch that scene.

Tungsten looks like Bolt (see avatar) so it makes me cry like crazy.

The worst thing about my day is getting an obscene hydro bill in the mail, the second $400 bill in a row. Without a housemate now, the pinch is really being felt and I'm freaking out and having massive anxiety. Massive anxiety is making me freak out about having to leave for work in half an hour, but I'm going to need every shift I can get.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:00 pm 
Semen Strong

I stepped in my kid's poo.

I cleaned the litterbox, walked the dog and picked up his poo and then stepped in L's poo and cleaned that up. So basically, a shit-hat-trick.

So much poop. So. Much. Poop. And its not even Turdsday.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:25 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I slipped on the ice walking to work this morning and my leg twisted all weird and I messed my knee up pretty badly. Boo!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:48 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

The cat peed on my goat laundry bag and the bottom of my really pretty long black dress. I am not sure why, because her catbox was pretty clean.
I think she was mad i left for the weekend.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 8:04 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Feels likemy body is across-the-board betraying me. Not in a terribly dramatic way, but dudes, I am so ready to win at health again.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 12:28 pm 
Saggy Butt

I was having a lovely day reading, then about 11:00 the cat started running around, screaming & trying (but failing) to pee everywhere. I got her into the vets at 15:00, turns out that she has cystitis. The vet also called her rather fat and the cat then bit her.
She needed 2 injections & pain meds (which of course cost a fortune) but she seems a lot happier now, and has managed to pass a little water

π

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 1:18 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Oh poor kitty. Hopefully she's feeling better and you can do your reading, Star.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:38 pm 
Saggy Butt

Thanks Moon :-) . Not being able to read didn't bother me,its just very upsetting to see a companion/bf in such distress. She seems much more content now, eating/drinking & sleeping. I think the fact I got her seen quickly helped, the vet asked how many days she had been like this. I was like "days? what kind of person leaves a cat like this for days? I was on the phone within 20 minutes". I know vets cost a fortune but within 10 minutes of getting home she started improving so they are worth every penny.

π

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 2:44 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

fork, fork, fork is all I can say about today.

"Conversational" snowflakes turned into a mini blizzard so it took me over 2 hrs to get to work and was only just barely there before class started, then got called into meeting so never got to my classroom. Then on way out, some jackass kid backed into my car. How, I don't know. I was stopped and am currently driving a big boat of a bonneville. Just cosmetic damage, but when I got to the science work area before my second class, I lost it in the bathroom. I just couldn't stop crying. Ive been trying so damn hard and it all just came gushing out. I wanted to call my dad so bad. He was the car guy, so I'd have just called to bisque about the fender damage and chat.

I couldn't get my shiitake together, so I had to come home early. Luckily my team teacher is off this period so she kindly covered so I could go.

But, fork. I'd have been ok if it had been normal and I'd been in my classroom busy with the kids.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 11:03 pm 
Chip Strong

Aww, so many hugs LW <3

Today I started crying at school. I have done this exactly once, when I was so depressed it was a miracle I got out of bed everyday. It just really hit me about my Grandpa (I've been very lalalala everything is fine about it so far--healthy, right?). For all intents and purposes, he's who I consider my dad. There are a lot of things I knew chances were he wouldn't be there for (though, he once said he was too stubborn to die, so who knows), but now I know he won't be. It's the end of the quarter, so school is stressful, and it's just all too much right now. Oh, and today I was told a presentation that shouldn't have been for four more weeks is now next Tuesday, so I'm flipping the fork out over that. I should be finishing homework and studying for my midterm Friday and maybe even making a presentation I had only begun to think about since it wasn't suppose to be for a month, but instead I'm frantically trying to see if I can somehow graduate this Fall so my grandpa can (hopefully) be here (I think I can, but it'd mean not finishing my minor or honors requirements, but I honestly don't even give a fork about that right now).

I am ready for the weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 12:06 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Extremely homophobic, rage filled cousin. I hope she never is in the same room with me or my family again.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:30 pm 
Impressive boner

Feeling really unwell psychologically. Going to the doctors.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 3:55 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Oh god, big hugs to all of you! LW, Simply, kfad and 8ball, sooooo many hugs.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16166 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 577, 578, 579, 580, 581, 582, 583 ... 647  Next