| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 580, 581, 582, 583, 584, 585, 586 ... 626  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 9:43 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

miepmans86 wrote:
My cat ate my avocado so i couldn't make guacamole -.-'

First world problems...

Just ate it off the counter, through the skin? Did you come home to an avocado peel and pit mess? I'm so curious! That's adorable!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 3:27 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

One of mine likes to nosh on avocado skin if I leave it lying around.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 4:07 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Mars wrote:
miepmans86 wrote:
My cat ate my avocado so i couldn't make guacamole -.-'

First world problems...

Just ate it off the counter, through the skin? Did you come home to an avocado peel and pit mess? I'm so curious! That's adorable!

Just ate it off the counter trough the skin. And i'm exaggereting... he just chew on the skin and likt a lot of the inside but he almost soffucated in a pice of skin that stuck on his teeth. But the avocado was so damaged and mushed that it was nog worth saving...

but i am happy that there are more cats who love avocado's so mine is not that weird ;)

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 5:17 pm 
Calls "cavemen" on that

Ugh, so I'm on my way to a conference in Vegas for two days. It's my birthday, and st paddys day, so not thrilled about it, but whatever. Looking forward to the conference.

Guess who's drivers license expired today? Security guy at airport told me. I'm fine to travel but this is going to be the most boring Vegas trip ever.

I face palmed so hard. I have a passport at home, but no time to go back and get it.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:38 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Kind of a stressful day. Probably didn't help that I was really looking forward to it to begin with. I looked after my friend's two kids, who are 5 and 7, and I was imagining going out to get some soil from home depot, and then playing in dirt most of the day. Well, we went to home depot, it was fine, we went to get pizza, fine at first also, but they befriended this kid with a water gun, and it was cute at first but they were getting a bit rowdy and shooting passing cars with it (which, like, it was lightly raining anyway, and it was a super slow traffic street, with speedbumps. Well, this one lady pulls over and gives us a lecture about how dangerous it was, people could get distracted and swerve... I mean, yeah, it wasn't an ideal thing for them to be doing but try peeling three kids away from a water gun (which, it's not like we weren't trying to dissuade them from it). And then they got all bummed and I was like, good time to head back to the car, along the way the younger one picks one daffodil and gives it to me, which I said was really sweet of him... Anyhow, the person who's yard the daffodil was in happened to be watching and flipped out on me! Said she worked so hard for her daffodils and I was encouraging thievery and destruction of peoples property and I was a terrible parent setting bad examples! BLAH. DUDE it was actually on the city's side of the sidewalk so it's not like he even trespassed, and he's forking five, and I'm trying to get two hyper kids and a dog into a car and fork off!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:59 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

My dumb forking neighbors are outside bouncing a basketball off the side of my house and laughing and yelling and blasting techno music and being drunk. It happens to be my (very thin) bedroom wall, and I have a headache and have to work tomorrow morning. And seriously just forking stop already!!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:35 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

I got a letter from my insurance company the other day that says the physicians group/hospital/university where I've been going since I moved to Chicago may not be covered after the end of April. Awesome. Because it's not like I have cancer or anything--oh wait.

My gyno and GP are actually affiliated with another university's hospital, so I am not totally in the lurch. But this still sucks. A lot. I have to call the insurance peeps tomorrow, then I have to call my endocrinologist and see about getting a recommendation for an endo at the other hospital and have my chart transferred over, then I have to call to set up an appointment and actually meet these new doctors, all of which sets my anxiety on edge. My current doctors are great, and we have a plan right now, and I'm totally fine with it. Who knows what this other hospital will want to do. And what if I don't like the new doctors or their approach to my treatment?

Health care in the country is so forked. I am thankful that I have a good insurance plan through work, but still. I'm just glad we decided to wait on surgery. If I were in recovery right now, or had a surgery or other tests scheduled, I would be so, so screwed. It's still a rotten situation, regardless.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 12:19 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

fingers crossed it works out, kara

I am literally tired of being unable to sleep because of pain. and it's turning me into a grumpy arsehole to work with. nobody wins :(

PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2014 8:32 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

This will be my third day without sleep. I feel like I got sidswiped into working today and tomorrow so that I am the person who deals with the fall out from a very negative thing that is happening. I just want this week over with and it is only Monday.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:23 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Someone who's pretty important in my life (not a relative) had a serious medical situation, basically what's known as an eye stroke where you suddenly lose vision due to a retinal blockage. He's going to be fine, he got treatment really quickly and has already got much of his eyesight back, but I made the mistake of mentioning it to my mother, who cavalierly informed me that oh yeah, we have family history of this exact same thing happening. Well, guess who in our family also just happens to have every visual impairment that anybody in our family history has ever had and then some? OH, THAT WOULD BE ME. So, odds of my having this happen to me someday? PROBABLY PRETTY HIGH.

I know it's probably irrational for me to be panicking about a thing that most likely won't happen for another 30 years or so, and I don't even know if it's actually even hereditary, but the idea that it could happen just has me super super freaked out. I've been dealing with progressive-but-relatively-slow vision loss my entire life and it's just recently (in the last few years or so) gotten to the point where I'm having to make lifestyle changes to deal with it. I don't even want to think about what I'd do if I suddenly had an eye stroke and lost all of it.

Also I kind of feel like a crasshole for making this about me when he's actually going through it, but I'm really stressed out about the possibility that this horrible thing I never even thought of before could actually happen to me with no warning whatsoever and there's nothing I can do about it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 3:21 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I'd be pretty freaked out, too, cq. Vision's an important thing. You've had it (kinda, mostly) your whole life. Suddenly loosing all of it and having to re-adapt isn't the end of the world (I know a couple of people who have had to readapt to life without vision and rocked it despite their sorrow) but it's still a pretty forking scary thing to have to do.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:12 am 
Dead by dawn

A news helicopter crashed here this morning, landing on two cars, causing a huge fire, two people dead, one in critical condition. The troll comments on the yahoo news article are awful... that's what Seattle gets for being liberal, oh good two less libtards, it's 44th President of the United States of America, Barack Hussein Obama's fault... Man, fork trolls.

Edit: oh, I love that filter. Suffice to say, the trolls were not as respectful of the office of the presidency and were actually calling him a very not-clever bastardization of his name!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 11:19 am 
A Bad Person

monkeytoes wrote:
A news helicopter crashed here this morning, landing on two cars, causing a huge fire, two people dead, one in critical condition. The troll comments on the yahoo news article are awful... that's what Seattle gets for being liberal, oh good two less libtards, it's 44th President of the United States of America, Barack Hussein Obama's fault... Man, fork trolls.

Edit: oh, I love that filter. Suffice to say, the trolls were not as respectful of the office of the presidency and were actually calling him a very not-clever bastardization of his name!

Thank you! It's only come up once before and the word it filters was so groan-worthy that I had to do something about it. I never thought I'd see it again!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:19 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

LOVE that filter. I'm sorry, Mtoes. I just saw the news story about the crash, and it's awful.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:22 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry mtoes. What is wrong with trolls? I can't imagine having so little compassion that you could say something so unkind about people you didn't even know.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 12:35 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

monkeytoes wrote:
That is awful. What on earth is wrong with some people.
brian wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:
Thank you! It's only come up once before and the word it filters was so groan-worthy that I had to do something about it. I never thought I'd see it again!
Somehow, I have the feeling I'd rather not know, and yet I'm still curious.

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:35 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Fairly trivial, but I didn't get the prestigious scholarship that would have allowed me to study at Glasgow next year. After getting to the second to last step of the selection process.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:36 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I'm only 3 weeks into the new job & had to call in sick tonight at work. Supposed to work 7p-7a & didn't sleep at all today - I would have been very unsafe caring for my patients tonight if I had gone to work. I feel like such a failure & hope this is a one time thing. It doesn't look good for the new job & now I've got a strike against me.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:41 pm 
Semen Strong

I am sorry you feel like it would be held against you. If I were a patient, I'd rather my medical professionals stay home if they're ill!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:47 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Speaking of medical professionals, I got a letter in the mail from my PCP saying she is leaving her practice to go do an integrative medicine thing (and sounds like she won't do PCP stuff at all anymore) and I am so crushed. It took forever to find a doctor I really trusted and liked and she's been my doctor for almost a decade, I don't want to have to look again!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:51 pm 
Semen Strong

Can you ask her to recommend someone?

I still remember when my favorite MD went to do a project with the city - she hooked me up with another great MD whom I adored. When he left though, I was stuck with no one. I still miss both of them - a good PCP is hard to find.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:59 pm 
***LIES!!!***

She recommended her current partner, who I have seen before in a pinch and generally like, but he is a dude, and I wouldn't feel comfortable seeing him for full exams. I will ask her if she knows any awesome women.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:18 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Tofulish wrote:
I am sorry you feel like it would be held against you. If I were a patient, I'd rather my medical professionals stay home if they're ill!

Thanks so much. Not ill, just severely sleep-deprived. I certainly wouldn't want someone caring for my loved ones with such a sleep deficit that it could cause huge medical errors. Unfortunately some hospitals just want warm bodies, but I worked way too hard for my license to jeopardize it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:40 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Trivial, but super annoyed with my ex because he is in his mid-30s and still doesn't have his license and every time it's time for us to exchange custody of our dog, it's either my responsibility or his girlfriend's to pick her up or drop her off. I don't own a car and so have to reserve one through the car share service and obviously then don't get to go door-to-door. And his girlfriend, why should this be her responsibility, especially after she's been on her feet at work all day? He's had a learner's permit twice, he knows how to drive, and he works fewer hours per week than I do. He just can't get off his asparagus and get down to the DMV and make it happen. CAN YOU JUST PICK UP A LITTLE BIT OF THE SLACK, DUDE.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:41 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Tofulish wrote:
good PCP is hard to find.

Oh girl, you don't need to tell me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15645 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 580, 581, 582, 583, 584, 585, 586 ... 626  Next