| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 584, 585, 586, 587, 588, 589, 590 ... 617  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:12 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I hope Sadie gets better soon pastabake

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Goodreads

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:04 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Sadie seems a lot better today! I got a wag or two. I'm working from home today except for an hourlong meeting, so I can keep an eye on her.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 11:52 am 
Seagull of the PPK

hugs to everybody, it seems like an awful lot are needed.

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
The United States Postal Service, ladies and gentlemen! Give them a hand!

catching up on this thread, this is my frigging life. it is pretty much exactly my situation with the water company here (they read the meter, print out a little thing, and leave the bill, except since we've moved here we haven't gotten a bill and our water's been cut off twice). I had to go to the water company and have a sit-down, where they assured me everything was in order. "Meter reader will come on the 17th," they said. I waited ALL DAY. he didn't come. He came yesterday, a week later, and when I asked about where my goddamn bill was he said "I'm just helping the normal guy, he's coming right behind me", and he pointed, and THEN HE LITERALLY RAN THE OTHER WAY. I still haven't gotten my bill and damn if i'm going to the water company again. But shiitake.
People are truly unbelievable.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 12:01 pm 
Saggy Butt

hugs to everyone in this thread!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 1:39 pm 
Impressive boner

I caught a cold and decided to have sugar free lozenges, but had the whole packet and now have a very grumbly, uncomfortable, gassy stomach as well as a sore throat. Boo!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:47 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

We walked to our neighbourhood Starbucks a short while ago. There was a very distressed man in there, likely schizophrenic, who was very fixated on Trevor and was staring at him and laughing maniacally. This ensued for about 10 minutes before the guy left and started circling the Starbucks, staring in the windows and waving. We stayed in there for a good long while because the distressed nature of the guy was making me very uneasy and I felt like he could be violent towards us. We cautiously left and walked through the park, and we could hear what sounded like someone screaming/a fight happening in the distance, so we hastened our pace. Once we got to the mouth of the park, we saw this guy, and the screaming was coming from him - he was even more agitated and was walking all around in big circles, running, and screaming at the top of his lungs. He started running after some guy screaming, "WANT TO HAVE A ONE ON ONE?" and he started throwing punches. Then he saw us. He started flipping out and was screaming about how he was going to get us. He turned on a dime and ran right into traffic to meet us on the other side of the street. He got sidetracked by someone who was crossing the road at the same time and he punched that guy in the face and jumped him. We ran into traffic infront of speeding cars and ran and ran until we reached city hall since it was the closest open building. The security guards went out to go see if they could find him/help the guy that got jumped but neither was anywhere to be found, which makes me scared for the poor guy who was assaulted.

My nerves are shot. This all just happened like 20 minutes ago

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:06 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

HOLY shiitake PPPP! That is terrifying, I hope you guys are ok! I hope the other guys are ok too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:06 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Oh my gosh paprikapapaya, that is so scary. (((hugs))).

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:38 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

PPP! That sounds terrifying!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:36 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I went in to work for an hour and then came home sick. I've got a cold, but my brain is just totally not working. I emailed a colleague earlier and then read it back and realised I'd written complete gobbledegook. I also told someone I "heard a smell" coming into work. Everything smells slightly like Bovril and manure and I nearly set fire to my chopping board. I'm now bed eating pasta that I can't really taste.

Derp.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:30 am 
Impressive boner

Gulliver wrote:
I went in to work for an hour and then came home sick. I've got a cold, but my brain is just totally not working. I emailed a colleague earlier and then read it back and realised I'd written complete gobbledegook. I also told someone I "heard a smell" coming into work. Everything smells slightly like Bovril and manure and I nearly set fire to my chopping board. I'm now bed eating pasta that I can't really taste.

Derp.

You have my empathy. I'm derping my way through work with an icky cold as I type.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:52 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

PPPP, glad you're ok! That sounds super scary!!! I hope everyone involved is safe.

Last night someone smashed the rear window of my car as it was parked in my apartment parking lot. Nothing stolen, the window wasn't even completely broken out. So either someone was just being a dick or they got caught in their attempt to steal. Seeing as how the back window is pretty small and inconvenient to break into, I think they were just being destructive. In a way, that makes me even more depressed. I'm lucky to have good insurance, so it's not a money issue. It's more a "I don't have time to deal with this" and also just bummed out that people are jerks for no reason.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:16 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ugh pppp that is way scary!!

and couroupita that suuuccckkkssss I'm sorry. I've lived a few places where my car windows would get smashed on the regular and it was always someone just looking for petty cash (drug money), nothing big ever got stolen and at a certain point it was just like "SERIOUSLY? JUST forking STEAL THE RADIO OR SOMETHING, THIS IS bullshiitake" so I feel you and that sucks.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:38 pm 
And you never will.

So sorry to read all the shitty things going on with people right now. (HUGS) to everyone who needs it.

I'm in a funk because something innocent triggered some really awful old stuff from my childhood that I don't think about and thought was adequately buried, but now I'm feeling really strongly like I want to pick up an old destructive habit to cope and... ugh.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:07 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

Old habits BEGONE!

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:35 am 
Lime and a Coconut

Had a real l'esprit dans l'escalier moment just now. Walking to work along a well-traveled main thoroughfare, passed by a woman sitting outside a drugstore with a handwritten sign reading simply 'hungry.' As I pass her, a man walking the opposite direction passes at the same time, and sneers, "nice job."

It took me a few moments to register what had actually happened, and a few more for my instinct to turn around and berate him kicked in, but by then he was long gone. I spent the rest of my walk to work fantasizing about catching him and asking what the fork it is he does for a living that is so goddamn impressive, and asking him where he's from over and over because here in San Francisco we just don't talk to people like that and maybe he should go home.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:37 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

All day I've been having that feeling like I'm on the edge of getting sick. But it's been raining and I have my period hard-core and that combined with my fibro could mean that it's a feeling that will pass in a few hours so I've been trying to not worry about it too much. This is not such an unusual feeling for me to have because of the fibro.

It's only gotten worse and I can't really pin point any one thing - but man oh MAN this isn't good. Bed soon and hopefully it will pass through the night, but I think I might be sick. Like, for real.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:14 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Moon, I know that exact feeling (except replacing fibro with hypothyroidism). I actually had the same thing earlier this week, felt like I might be coming down with a cold but I managed to sleep it off. I hope you have the same luck as me!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:38 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Moon and corduroy, I get the same thing with rheumatoid arthritis! Feel better, Moon!

My worst thing is that my kid got barfed on at school, so he came home with pukey clothes in his backpack. I so wanted to set the whole thing on fire.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:50 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Had a real l'esprit dans l'escalier moment just now. Walking to work along a well-traveled main thoroughfare, passed by a woman sitting outside a drugstore with a handwritten sign reading simply 'hungry.' As I pass her, a man walking the opposite direction passes at the same time, and sneers, "nice job."

It took me a few moments to register what had actually happened, and a few more for my instinct to turn around and berate him kicked in, but by then he was long gone. I spent the rest of my walk to work fantasizing about catching him and asking what the fork it is he does for a living that is so goddamn impressive, and asking him where he's from over and over because here in San Francisco we just don't talk to people like that and maybe he should go home.

ewwww :( that's so shitty!

my worst thing is that i wanted to post that my worst thing about my day was having a patient with lou gehrig's disease, but then i felt like a crasshole for making his disease my worst thing when i can walk around and feed myself.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:10 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

having to have an uncomfortable "yes my insurance which you just obama-care'd your way on to covers psych visits but WHY would you need to see a psychologist" conversation with my until-reletively-recently estranged father.
it's 50% "ughhh I really don't like explaining that I am a crazy person"
and 50% "oh my god literally everyone else in my life would not have to ask this question because they KNOW ME WELL ENOUGH TO KNOW I AM A forking CRAZY PERSON"

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:42 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I just got cancelled on. Which is only the worst because I got cancelled on so that they could spend time with the person that always cancels on them. (Which makes me the person always cancelled on by person A).

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:49 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

That sucks, kfad. I got cancelled on today too, by a friend I haven't seen in two years. Because she was "feeling tired." Okay then.

Actually, to be more specific, she rescheduled on me once, and then cancelled, and then un-cancelled, and then cancelled again.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:51 pm 
Semen Strong

kfad wrote:
I just got cancelled on. Which is only the worst because I got cancelled on so that they could spend time with the person that always cancels on them. (Which makes me the person always cancelled on by person A).

I stop being friends with people who cancel on me to spend time with other people. Two people have done it to me in the last year, and it really just bothered me. If I make plans with someone, then I think of that as a commitment, not an option, I look forward to it, I make arrangements to be able to go, and I feel really disappointed if they get cancelled. Obviously if there is a good reason and the person is responsible about it, that is fine, but if its a question of "Hey we had plans, but my other friend wants to get together, so let's reschedule" then the answer is just no. Totally my own issues - I admit, but I just can't be friends with people who don't value my time.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 3:55 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Tofulish wrote:
kfad wrote:

I stop being friends with people who cancel on me to spend time with other people. Two people have done it to me in the last year, and it really just bothered me. If I make plans with someone, then I think of that as a commitment, not an option, I look forward to it, I make arrangements to be able to go, and I feel really disappointed if they get cancelled. Obviously if there is a good reason and the person is responsible about it, that is fine, but if its a question of "Hey we had plans, but my other friend wants to get together, so let's reschedule" then the answer is just no. Totally my own issues - I admit, but I just can't be friends with people who don't value my time.

In this case it happens rarely. And I am usually the preferred company. But when person B bothers to show up for anything there is this element of diva with her. So, yes, I am disappointed that person A cancelled, I think the bigger showdown here needs to be with person B.

It did help me see some patterns in my personal behavior and that is a good thing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 584, 585, 586, 587, 588, 589, 590 ... 617  Next