| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16083 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 588, 589, 590, 591, 592, 593, 594 ... 644  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:14 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I'm sorry, MToes. That is a hard situation. I hope your sister finds a way to make changes and makes a quick recovery.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 12, 2014 10:58 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

That sounds so scary monkeytoes! Best wishes to your sister for good health in the future.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 2:09 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I'm sorry about your sister monkeytoes. I hope she has a quick recovery and can make the changes she needs to.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:01 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Oh Mtoes, that's so scary! I hope things improve soon. I'll be thinking of you guys today.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:15 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Oh M'toes, how scary. Sending you hugs and good thoughts to you and your family.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:30 pm 
Dead by dawn

Thanks everyone. <3

She was moved out of intensive care this morning and will probably go home tomorrow, so that's good. It sucks to worry about someone you love but I hope we're all lucky enough to worry about her for another 25 years...

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:31 pm 
And you never will.

Wow, m'toes, that's so scary! I'm so glad she's out of intensive care now and I hope her health continues to improve.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:34 pm 

Really glad things are getting better, Mtoes!

Worst thing about my day is having a bad fibro flare/CFS crash. I was fine all day at work but when I got home my body went to hell. Boo.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:56 pm 

Ugh, Moon that sounds awful!

Mtoes, big hugs to you and your family!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:40 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

So my landlord died. Now the repairs that were suppose to be done since November are def. not getting done. His kid called up asking for the rent, I think he wants the rent check but isn't willing to fix anything. It sucks because I really don't like the house but I guess I'll just move in with my fiance. Blah.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:18 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

OMG, I am going to cry.

I was suppose to register for Summer classes this morning. I'm graduating Fall quarter, so I need these classes to make that happen. Registration opens at 6:00am, but for some reason the system has always opened at 5:55am. So at 5:55 I start refreshing the page, like I have always done and been told to do, until the registration page opens. Except apparently I refreshed too many times, so I have now been locked out of the system for "abusing registration privileges." The "abusing registration privileges" is generally only something that happens when you use a registration "robot" that keeps trying to submit the code until a space opens up. I was literally just refreshing the page, and some how managed to do this.

If it was for any other quarter, I wouldn't be as worried. However, for Summer quarter, it's not graduating seniors one day, seniors the next few days, etc down the classes. Summer registration is two days. Graduating seniors, and then the next day everyone else.

I have two class options for one requirement, and I feel like I will get into one of those no problem, but I also need to take a genetics class that is only offered Spring and Summer (and obviously I didn't manage to get into it in the Spring), so I'm super worried about that.

It says on the page the Office of the Register isn't able to over ride the system when this happens, but I really, really, really hope that isn't true.

GAH, how the fork did I manage to do this.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:47 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

It could be tied to your IP address... Go to a friend's house or the library and use a different computer!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:53 am 

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
Surf sucked again today AND I didn't notice the big boobie lady doing a topless photo shoot on the cliffs because I was staring sullenly at the ocean. Total failure morning.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:32 pm 

Mars wrote:
It could be tied to your IP address... Go to a friend's house or the library and use a different computer!

Unfortunately it's tied to your student ID number, since you're logged into the system when you register :(

But, I asked a friend who isn't graduating when her summer registration date is, and it's not till Wednesday, so fortunately there appears to be a day between graduating senior and general summer registration. Hopefully that means I won't hve any trouble getting the classes tomorrow.

Still amazed I somehow managed to do this. I feel like they must have changed the threshold for getting locked out, because this was the 10th time I've registered, and this has never happened.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:40 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Got my tax bill. Self Employment sucks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:22 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Two jobs sucks too. I owe the Feds $56 and the state almost $400. I have zero deductions and the maximum taken out of each check. For reference, $400 is an entire monthly check from my second job and my first job is also part time.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:27 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I took my last klonopin and am now wishing I'd stayed feeling like crepe today so I'd have it for next Monday when I'll probably need it more.

It's really exhausting having to ration all medications that make me feel better. It's like I'm allowed 1-2 weeks per month max of relief from either pain or anxiety. I can't get more of either for another few weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 2:32 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

lavawitch wrote:
Two jobs sucks too. I owe the Feds $56 and the state almost $400. I have zero deductions and the maximum taken out of each check. For reference, $400 is an entire monthly check from my second job and my first job is also part time.

The whole tax system is just balls right now in the US. I owe about the same as you, lava, but my federal/state distribution is different. I work one job, and make barely above poverty level for my yearly take-home. It's bullshitte that rich forks get to laugh all the home from the bank but we have to worry about being able to afford rent or food.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:47 pm 

Location: In some dumb hotel in an equally dumb town...or in San Diego
I owe around 15k, self employment fun fun

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:57 pm 
WELFARIST!

I'm self employed too. The way I avoid getting hit with massive tax bills at filing time is I put a (forking LARGE) percentage of every cheque (the percentage makes me feel like crying, really) I get into an account which I don't touch. Also, now the Cdn govt has me pay quarterly installments. But when starting out I had to pay at once and it was, like, lots of money at once. Anyway, just a suggestion to help ease the shock of tax burden for us self-employed folks out there--put whatever percentage of your wages away as soon as you get paid--here in Canada, for a single person, I'd recommend putting aside around 20-25% of your wages to start for income tax (possibly higher for other tax brackets, but that should cover a single person on a decent and liveable though not necessarily overly comfortable, living wage). Then, if you have HST (again, a Cdn) tax, add another 13% to that 20-25% to sock away (i.e., 33-40% in total if you include HST, which is strictly a Canadian tax anyhoo).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:05 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

HuffPo had a headline with a major Game of Thrones spoiler. I wasn't even reading the Sideboob Huffington Post, it was linked in a sidebar on a Slate story I was reading. Not all of us have the means to watch every episode the night it airs!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:33 pm 

My lab partner just let me know one of the grad students in our lab passed away this weekend. Apparently the police are treating it as a murder-suicide. I didn't know him well, but we got along well and would talk and joke around when we ran into each other in lab.

This is so surreal. I heard about this on the news this weekend, but they didn't say the victims names. You just don't expect it to be someone you know.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:51 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

An internet friend of mine is dying of cancer. This is someone I met in an online writing class a few years ago, and then we found out we lived close to each other, so we were all excited about getting together and hanging out in person and writing together, and then she was diagnosed with cancer. So we said, y'know, this probably isn't the best time to start building an in-person friendship, let's wait till she's done kicking cancer's asparagus to the curb and then we'll get together in person. At the time, it seemed like one of the probably-gonna-be-dealt-with-in-a-few-months kinds of cancer, you know? Well, it was, but then a few months later...it came back, I guess, and then got much much worse. Her loved ones have just posted on FB that she's moving from the hospital to hospice care for what seem now to be her last few days.

I'm pretty sad about it...I mean, I didn't know her that well and I don't know her family at all, so it's not like I'm going to try to go say goodbye or go to the funeral or anything like that. But I was so excited about this new friendship, and I never even got to meet her, and I feel bad that I didn't make more of an effort to get together with her before she got sick again. She was an artist, a really really good one, and I feel sad for the world that is losing out on so many years worth of amazing art that this beautiful human being would have put into it if it weren't for stupid forking cancer right now.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 5:55 pm 
WELFARIST!

<3 <3 <3 Hugs to you both Simply_Love and choirqueer.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:07 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Today was my parents' 41st wedding anniversary. My dad died less than three months ago, and my mom is now driving to WI to get to the hospital because my Grandpa is really sick all of a sudden. I feel like we can't catch a break from hard times these days.

"forking vegans" ~~linanil

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16083 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 588, 589, 590, 591, 592, 593, 594 ... 644  Next