| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 599, 600, 601, 602, 603, 604, 605 ... 636  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 3:13 pm 
Impressive boner

I think Peanut is actually sick now. Her stools are loose, which isn't great for a guinea pig. An often suggested remedy for repopulating gut flora in guinea pigs is to mix a dropping from a healthy animal with water and syringe feed it to the sick one, so she had some poop soup after dinner. I hope the good bacteria thrives and she's back to normal very soon.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 7:38 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

They do that with adults too, 8ball! Someone with a chronic bowel disease will be given poop from someone with healthy gut flora to help improve their gut. Usually in pill form!

Hope your piggie feels better.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:57 pm 
Chip Strong

8ball wrote:
I think Peanut is actually sick now. Her stools are loose, which isn't great for a guinea pig. An often suggested remedy for repopulating gut flora in guinea pigs is to mix a dropping from a healthy animal with water and syringe feed it to the sick one, so she had some poop soup after dinner. I hope the good bacteria thrives and she's back to normal very soon.

I hope she gets better soon :-)

π

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:48 am 
Impressive boner

Thanks.

She lost a few grams in weight overnight. We'll give her more poop soup, fancy hay and pellets and hand feed/water her today then she's off to the exotics vet tomorrow. The poor little bean will hate the bus ride.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:32 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Good thoughts to Peanut!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:25 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

$900 to fix my car and still no air conditioning. I can't afford to do that too. They said it needs a new attenuator.

Lovely--3-4 hr daily commutes on 95 in 85-90 degree temperature with no air. I get heat stroke so easily, and it hasn't even been that hot yet most of the days.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 5:51 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

LW, I'm so sorry about your car troubles. Can you bring a cooler with you in the car, filled with ice, and include lots of cool beverages to help with the heat/heatstroke? And some ice packs? How about one of those neck cooling things that are supposed to help keep you cool? Is wearing one of them an option for the ride? And maybe a backup one in the cooler? I know it's not an ideal solution, but maybe it would help a bit.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 6:30 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

None of that stuff would last the day in the parking lot while I'm at work. We don't have a fridge at work. The old one broke and nobody has had one to donate yet.

I'm just extra pissd off that I only needed the stupid car to hang on through the month. Then I'm off for the summer! And can buy a car, assuming my job is ok. I have a check from my credit union already. I'm just afraid to buy until I know my job status.

It's not so bad in the mornings when I'm moving so windows and sunroof are mostly enough, and Monday through Wednesday it's usually ok if 95 is moving so only awful the last 30 minutes. It's Friday and Thursday when it can take me 4 hrs to get home.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:43 am 
WRETCHED

My aunt has cancer. A large tumor in her abdomen. We are waiting to hear more like prognosis and what if anything can be done.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:52 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

linanil wrote:
My aunt has cancer. A large tumor in her abdomen. We are waiting to hear more like prognosis and what if anything can be done.

I'm so sorry linanil, I hope it's treatable xx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:20 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I am sorry, linanil. My thoughts are with your family!

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:01 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I'm sorry linanil.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:11 am 
Impressive boner

I'm so sorry linanil.

LW - how about sports ice packs? The ones where you pop the inner chamber and it goes icy cold.

Peanut saw the awesomely knowledgeable vet today who identified that her ovarian cyst has returned, and that this is the probable cause of her recent illness. The cyst has been drained and she's off to the local branch of the vets tomorrow for a HCG injection. Bad news for Peapod is that she's probably going to go through this every six months for the rest of her life. She's six years old so spay surgery could be too big a risk for her.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:35 pm 
Chip Strong

lavawitch wrote:
$900 to fix my car and still no air conditioning. I can't afford to do that too. They said it needs a new attenuator.

Lovely--3-4 hr daily commutes on 95 in 85-90 degree temperature with no air. I get heat stroke so easily, and it hasn't even been that hot yet most of the days.

Saturate you hair with water before you drive home. I survived a heat wave in Oz with little to no a/c by keeping my long thick hair soaked. You'd be surprised at how well this can help you feel cooler- and it's free.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:40 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Post-concussion life is confusing, and slow. I was at a quiet retreat this weekend (yay!) in a forest (yay!) and sang for the first time in months (yay!) but had a 4-hour long trip home by bus and train yesterday afternoon, and since then have pretty much been in tears from headaches and sensory over stimulation. Including during the entire meeting with my employer's bedrijfsarts (occupational health dr.?), during which we discussed the lack of mental progress I've had in the past month. This is now the 5th month of post-concussive issues. I want my brain already :(

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:31 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

lutin, that sounds really scary! I've had concussions before but none that bad. I hope your recovery starts picking up soon.

My worst thing is that I decided to call in sick to work this morning because I stayed up literally half the night having a difficult emotional talk with my boyfriend, and I woke up feeling completely ragged. It's awful because I only have 2 more days left at this particular job before I'm done for the summer, but I just couldn't handle it this morning. I told them I was nauseous and it's the first time I've ever lied to get a day off. The hardest part is that our talk never led to any kind of resolution, we both just passed out from exhaustion. I am still exhausted despite sleeping in, and not at all sure where things stand.

It's a beautiful clear day but I feel like a heavy black cloud is going to be following me around all day.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 3:48 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Best wishes for your family, Linanil.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2014 9:55 am 
WRETCHED

Thanks all. My aunt is still in the hospital but my mom said that they believe the tumor is not causing the issues my aunt is having so they are trying to figure out what is going on. Of course this is all being passed from my cousin to my mom then to me.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:25 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I had to cancel my trip to Hamburg to meet other vegan bloggers today because I got ill and some weird nasty infection in my body (everything hurts, I want to throw up all the time, I have diarrhea). Then I realized today that I forgot to apply to the philosophy MA program, it ended last week. I forked up really badly. I cant wait another year obviously so now I have to look for another MA program in this city, because some let you apply july-august (the months I had in mind).

A pretty crap-tastic day.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:44 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

wow, ViB, that sounds like a terrible day indeed. I always seem to get sick at the worst time so I can totally empathize with you there. And for what it's worth, my brother got his philosophy MA but ended up going back to school for another degree. Not that he regrets studying philosophy, but it's not directly relevant to his career now. In any case I hope you find a program that works for you.

I got laid off today. Not totally unexpected, nor problematic - the job was done for the summer anyway, and I have another job already that pays better. I've even thought about leaving this job anyway... but I wanted it to be my choice, you know? Oh well.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 3:56 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I wouldn't study anything work-related anyway... so right now I'm really just very confused. I just want to study because it's a chance to learn more and while it's hard to work & study at the same time, in this semester when I didnt really study (just wrote my BA thesis) and only worked, I pretty much went crazy. I miss university and academics so much.

I wanted to stay in my philosophy program because it lets you focus on moral philosophy and animal ethics. And it makes me very sad that I won't be able to do it and just because I made such a stupid mistake. And my boyfriend's reacting was "you probably wouldn't have gotten in anyway". Wow, how is that helpful. And it doesn't help that he IS doing is MA in philosophy with a speciality in moral philosophy and nature/animal ethics and he even got a scholarship for it. I mean, university is pretty much free anyway here, but he gets a scholarship for living/books now. I just feel like such a loser right now.

I try to get exited about the other MA options now, though... they are very limited, though. African Studies, Nordic studies (which I already studied alongside philosophy) and some others. They sound interesting but they're not what I've been working for the past 5 years.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 4:01 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

The other teacher is a complete and utter evil bisque. She did something that could get me fired, and I have been taking steps to ensure this didn't happen. She made plans with me for certain things we both must do then changed hers without telling me. Of course she will have her excuses and innocent bullshiitake. Last year she set me up and I let myself be persuaded that I was being paranoid and it was all a misunderstanding. I'm not stupid enough to believe it twice. I only found out because another teacher told me accidentally.

Everybody loves her and her test scores are great, mine suck, she is full time and I'm not, basically I'll be the one in the wrong because it's easier that way. She is one of those cute, bubbly people that can do no wrong.

I do not comprehend people who behave like this. I have my faults and flaws and I can be a selfish, held centered clueless bisque, but I can say definitively that I've never, ever, ever treated anybody unfairly (knowingly or without making amends if I realize I have), meanly, or callously. I just haven't. I'm straight with people.

I don't even know how to deal. This happened this morning and I still feel nauseus.

I was going to go to the mall and buy my fancy Chanel sunglasses today (I have enough Nordstrom's gift certificates from my aunt saved up !) but I just want to go crawl in a dark hole and stay there.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:03 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Strawberryrock, would food stamps or govt. assistance be an option?

Linanlil, thinking about you!! Prayers for your aunt.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:12 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

ndpittman wrote:

No, I make too much to qualify for anything. Taking the cost of my rent into consideration ($500 a month) I couldn't make much more than $1200 a month before taxes to qualify for any sort of assistance, and I do make a little more than that.

I actually was better off when I made slightly less and qualified for food stamps and Oregon Health Plan though! Hopefully I'll find more babysitting jobs.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2014 6:27 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

strawberryrock wrote:
ndpittman wrote:

No, I make too much to qualify for anything. Taking the cost of my rent into consideration ($500 a month) I couldn't make much more than $1200 a month before taxes to qualify for any sort of assistance, and I do make a little more than that.

I actually was better off when I made slightly less and qualified for food stamps and Oregon Health Plan though! Hopefully I'll find more babysitting jobs.

Wish there was something I could do. I'll be thinking about you!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15892 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 599, 600, 601, 602, 603, 604, 605 ... 636  Next