| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15422 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 605, 606, 607, 608, 609, 610, 611 ... 617  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:29 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My dad's kidney cancer might be back (he had one kidney out in the fall). Waiting to hear on test results. Mostly I'm worried about my mom, as my dad is kind of a jerk when he *doesn't* have cancer, he's sure not fun to be around when he does. Also they live in a very rural/remote area so all of these tests and doctor's visits mean a lot of driving and time off work for her.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 11:41 am 
Asked Santa for a pony

L, that's scary and stressful! I hope it's a false alarm.

After waiting all night to hear back, we found out our offer on the house wasn't accepted. Not even close! I kind of wish they would have told us sooner if we weren't even in the running.

Anyway, I'm sad but not devastated. Falling in love with this place helped clarify our vision of what is really important to us and what we can live without.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 12:38 pm 
Chard Martyr

<3 lobstrriffic! Thinking of you and your family!

Nebraskalaska, buying a home is ridiculously stressful. It must have not been meant to be, etc... Gosh, it's such a sleazy business and I intend to die in my home because I never ever want to go through it again!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:39 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

poopiebitch wrote:
My kid's fever will not go away. It's been up and down for almost two days now, making him miserable. My house is in total disarray, my already nonexistent sleep schedule is even more disturbed, and I feel like I'm reaching my breaking point. I have friends who keep offering to help if I need it, and I really appreciate it, but who am I supposed to call when it's 2am and my feverish child just wants to be held and I'm having an emotional breakdown borne from exhaustion and less than 15 hours of sleep in the last four days?

I'd say it doesn't matter about the house (unless it's really bothering you) but is there any way you can put your business on holiday or ask someone else to fulfil your orders? it sounds like you really need a break.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 1:59 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

vijita wrote:
Nebraskalaska, buying a home is ridiculously stressful. It must have not been meant to be, etc... Gosh, it's such a sleazy business and I intend to die in my home because I never ever want to go through it again!

Ugh, yeah. The Portland home market is ridiculously competitive and our realtor said we could expect to put in like 4 or 5 offers before one goes through. Losing this house was tough, but the thought of going through this 4 more times makes me want to cry. But, we are looking for a home to possibly spend the rest of our lives in, so I guess it will be worth all the work we have to put into finding it.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 2:46 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

lobsteriffic wrote:
My dad's kidney cancer might be back (he had one kidney out in the fall). Waiting to hear on test results. Mostly I'm worried about my mom, as my dad is kind of a jerk when he *doesn't* have cancer, he's sure not fun to be around when he does. Also they live in a very rural/remote area so all of these tests and doctor's visits mean a lot of driving and time off work for her.

I'm sorry to hear this and hope it's a false alarm. My dad is hard to do with and mum is run into the ground looking after him (terminal prostate cancer). He's suffering delirium atm and it's making him pretty mean with her. Like you, my main worry is for my poor mum xx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:00 pm 
Hail Seitan!

I forked up my health insurance payments this spring so I lost my coverage and I can't get my same plan reinstated. I sent them a check for all the back premiums at the end of may and just got a check sent to me by Blue Cross for that same amount because they are refusing to continue my coverage. Of course in the mean time I went to see a doctor ONCE and had a pap smear and some testing done to see what kind of bacterial strain is causing my continual bacterial infections, and it looks like now I might owe $2000 for that one doctor visit?!!! because my insurance coverage got cut off before that. Health care in this country is still so messed up, even if it is ever so slightly less so than it was before the AFA. On top of the $55 copay I paid when I went to the doctor and the $112 diagnostic fee I paid to the lab testing company already, which already seemed like a lot when you are already paying almost $200/month for insurance premiums. But now the insurance company is telling me I may owe another $350 to the doctor and like $1700 to the lab testing company!!! Yikes. And of course all the info I have on it is about a dozen "lab testing fee"s, each for $130, from that one swab. What bullshiitake. There is literally nothing else I would ever pay money for, let alone thousands of dollars, where nobody can tell me how much something will cost before hand so that I can make a judgment about how much is reasonable for me to spend on a particular product or service.

Right now I am so mad about the whole system, embarrassed and really down on myself about my inability to pay bills on time (not even because I can't afford it, just because I just recently started my own business and have been very good at getting myself business and about meeting deadlines for my clients, but kind of a failure at doing anything on time in my personal life for the past several months), and upset because I'm working really hard to make and save enough money that I can someday soonish buy a house and afford to have a baby and all that jazz, not so that I can just fritter away thousands of dollars on stupid healthcare expenses that didn't even give me a real answer to my problems!

How can a half hour doctor's visit cost more than my monthly rent payment?! How can getting one culture tested for some bacteria cost almost FOUR MONTHS RENT?! Why did I let myself get talked into a pap smear since I was there anyway and I haven't had one done in a couple years? (I'm still pretty young and I don't think I'm at high risk, so I would have felt fine skipping it.)

I'm also getting married on Sunday, which is of course good and exciting, but even though we're trying to keep it as low key as humanly possible considering that family is coming from out of town, and we're throwing a party for 100+ people, it is still stressful and a bunch of decision making and coordination and vendor paying on top of my business stuff and ongoing life stuff, and I feel like I've been behind on basically everything wedding related too. I'm kind of relieved it's going to be over in less than a week, but I feel guilty for even feeling that way, and guilty for all the things I haven't been more on top of, and just generally very much a failure today even though there are all these awesome things that are happening in my life right now. Hrmph.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:28 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I have a "No soliciting" sign on my door. Usually people see it and respect it. But today, nope. Guy rings the doorbell, and when I say I am not interested thank you, he starts to bully me. Not sales pitch, mind you. "YOu don't know me, you will buy when you hear my story..."
I say no thank you again and start to close the door and he gets worse.

Look, I have that sign so that my space can be free from that level of aggression. To others it may not seem like much, but to me it was bad. I am shaking and trying to calm down 45 minutes later.

Long and short of it is, you just don't know what will trigger someone.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:39 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Do you have any info about the guy and product? If so, contact the company and let them know!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 12:51 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

lutin wrote:
Do you have any info about the guy and product? If so, contact the company and let them know!

I am pretty sure it was one of those shady text book companies that preys on young kids.

That visit was very quickly followed by a visit from Jehovah's Witnesses.
I think I need a bigger sign.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 7:23 pm 
Huffs Nooch

They told me in school that there would be awful days where you try your best to do the right thing and it just isn't good enough and you fall short of your expectations of yourself. The trouble is that my field is already heart-wrenching just by virtue of caring for the unwell animals who depend upon me. It's days like this where I'm reminded about the reality of compassion fatigue and how hard it can be to shoulder this kind of pain, doubt, and distress about everything I'm doing. I had to call an old professor today and talk to him about it, which helped a little bit, but it doesn't get rid of the sad. And the worst part is that I moved to a new city on my own 2 weeks ago with only a few very busy friends nearby.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:43 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

:''''''''((((((((((

Hugs, camuscando. I have so much gratitude for you and those who do the work that you do. Hang in there. You're needed!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 10:21 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

(cut for sexual violence content)

Spoiler: show
I was walking across a parking lot and three big guys got out of their car and were talking very loudly about raping someone. Like, as in, one of them had apparently raped someone and the other two were basically congratulating him. They didn't call it "rape", but like...this guy was describing what he did in such detail, it was very obviously a rape scenario, like there was no other thing to call it, so either he actually did this or he was lying to impress his friends or something. And he said something about what he said while he was doing it and it was the exact same things that were said to me when I got raped as a teenager. So yeah, I'm kind of a mess right now. I'm not in any danger or anything, I'm just...really shaken up from that experience, you know? Like, who loudly talks about raping someone in a public place? They clearly didn't see anything wrong with doing the things this guy was describing having done, it was like they were talking about a normal thing for someone to have done.

I don't really know why I'm posting this, just had to get it out somewhere I guess. :-/

PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2014 11:27 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Hugs Cq.

I've spent most of the evening reading old text messages from my dad. That's all.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:57 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Moon & CQ - Hugs to both of you

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Goodreads

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 1:01 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Hugs. Just so many hugs to my beautiful ppk people who are hurting.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:35 am 

choirqueer that is horrifying.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:33 am 
Nooch of Earl

Oh, CQ. People are so forking heinous. I hope your day got better.

Husband was riding his bicycle to work yesterday and went around a blind curve while his mind was wandering. It's usually a road without any traffic but there happened to be a car coming around the curve, driving on the wrong side of the road (it's Naples!) and husband had to swerve out of the way and brake suddenly.. He has good brakes, but it was wet out and the bike stopped but he didn't.. Anyway, he's pretty scraped up, stiff, and sore now. Probably more hurt than he's letting on, and he's refusing to go to the hospital, though I'm sure he's right that without anything being broken there's not much a doctor's going to do. (He was happy the bike was fine, though. Cyclist priorities!)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:52 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Oh, CQ. That's atrocious. Hugs if you need/want them. Hope you're feeling better.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:20 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I can't believe your post isn't some kind of terrible fiction, cq. Who does that? (Who does that, and then boasts about having done that?) I am appalled. I hope they learn how to be decent humans asap. I especially hope that the boaster learns how to treat other humans with respect, and that the listeners learn how to call other humans out on such atrocious behavior.

I also hope the rest of your day (and week!) are a million times better. Hugs if you want them.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:50 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Thank you everyone <3
Yeah, other than this, I actually am having a really good week! I was having such a nice day yesterday and then BAM, this happened. I'll be okay though. PTSD sucks...but at this point I am at least able to see that I am so much better at managing it than I was a few years ago. I'm not really able to sleep well tonight, but instead of freaking out and doing unhealthy coping behaviors, I'm taking deep breaths and watching happy children's movies on YouTube and crocheting a rainbow scarf.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:50 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

That's horrendous CQ, can't believe anyone would do that. Glad you have some healthier coping mechanisms now, sounds like a great way to comfort yourself.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 9:40 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

annak wrote:
Oh, CQ. People are so forking heinous. I hope your day got better.

Husband was riding his bicycle to work yesterday and went around a blind curve while his mind was wandering. It's usually a road without any traffic but there happened to be a car coming around the curve, driving on the wrong side of the road (it's Naples!) and husband had to swerve out of the way and brake suddenly.. He has good brakes, but it was wet out and the bike stopped but he didn't.. Anyway, he's pretty scraped up, stiff, and sore now. Probably more hurt than he's letting on, and he's refusing to go to the hospital, though I'm sure he's right that without anything being broken there's not much a doctor's going to do. (He was happy the bike was fine, though. Cyclist priorities!)

Unless he whacked his head, he's probably right. For the road rash, if you can find tegaderm there, it's a miracle product. It's gross, but a miracle.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:07 pm 
Chip Strong

I'm sorry you are having a rough patch, camuscando. I hope you know that the work you do is valuable and meaningful and that the good can and will outweigh the bad, even if it doesn't feel like it right now. I'm glad you were able to reach out to someone and talk about your feelings. That's important (and the PPK is a place to share those feelings, too). Hugs to you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2014 3:19 pm 

Faceplanted after tripping over my cute wedge sandals last night. Road rash on my face, twisted my ankle and scraped/badly bruised my hand. I'm a hobbling, painful mess.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15422 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 605, 606, 607, 608, 609, 610, 611 ... 617  Next