| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15901 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 615, 616, 617, 618, 619, 620, 621 ... 637  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:42 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

this seems super asinine, but right this second at 6:41am I got a totally out of the blue text from an ex. she is currently dating a woman who is the same height and approximate proportions as her, whereas I am a good foot taller than her. the text says "wow I am so happy dating (name of new girlfriend) it's so great dating someone my height! everything is where it's supposed to be!"

fuuuuccckkkk yyyoooouuuuuuuuu

fork you so muuuccchhhhhhhh

eta: I am extraordinarily tall for a lady, it is constantly referred to in casual conversation and people stare at me in public, it is a sensitive topic sometimes and that makes what she sent me a.) shitty and b.) the worst part about my day

really set off my "you are a monster" internal dialogue so thanks for that, ex!

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:03 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

That's really rude. My husband is really tall, as is his sister, and they don't understand why people have to be such dicks about it. I mean, if you've been whatever height for your entire life, does it not cross a person's mind to not blurt out "whooooooa you're tall!" upon the first meeting? Or refer to you as "the tall guy/girl" as though it's your one defining feature,

You are not a monster! Being tall is awesome but also irrelevant to who you are as a person.

My worst thing is similar to pppp's. I neglected to refill my cipralex prescription because I need a doctor's slip for a refill and I haven't yet spent the time to figure out how to navigate health care in this province, and also I have no meds coverage so I'm not sure I can both fill it and pay the mortgage. In fact, I know I can't, so I have to ask my mum for help and I really don't want to, and it was really stupid for me to leave a slew of problems that cause me so much anxiety for a time when I run out of anxiety meds! My husband is not being supportive because he frowns on meds (UGH whole different issue!) and he's stressed about the bills.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:09 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

booberthefraggle wrote:
this seems super asinine, but right this second at 6:41am I got a totally out of the blue text from an ex. she is currently dating a woman who is the same height and approximate proportions as her, whereas I am a good foot taller than her. the text says "wow I am so happy dating (name of new girlfriend) it's so great dating someone my height! everything is where it's supposed to be!"

eta: I am extraordinarily tall for a lady, it is constantly referred to in casual conversation and people stare at me in public, it is a sensitive topic sometimes and that makes what she sent me a.) shitty and b.) the worst part about my day

That is so shitty! Your ex is a crasshole, and maybe you should block her number, or at least ask her to not contact you anymore?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 8:43 am 
Dead by dawn

Yeah, boober, even if your height wasn't a sensitive spot that's still a super crasshole thing to text someone.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:17 am 
And you never will.

(((((boober))))) I'm sorry. As a fellow tall lady I totally get it <3

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:28 am 
Flounceiad 2011

jordanpattern wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:

That is so shitty! Your ex is a crasshole, and maybe you should block her number, or at least ask her to not contact you anymore?
For real - what a randomly jerky thing for her to do. I agree that you should block her, but in your position I might first text her back and tell her she's a rude, obnoxious crasshole whose stupid, crappy mind-games I didn't need in my life.

My stepdaughters are twins, and have always been tall - they've now topped out at 6' - and it is super tiresome when the primary thing people notice/say about someone is a physical characteristic that is A. out of their control, B. not that big a f*cking deal, and C. not even especially interesting. Oh my goodness, they're twins! And they're tall! So what? They're also smart, interesting, thoughtful people with ideas and feelings, and on what planet are unsolicited comments about other people's bodies not rude?

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:40 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Desdemona wrote:
...and on what planet are unsolicited comments about other people's bodies not rude?

This! A thousand times this!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 10:57 am 
Lime and a Coconut

Tall lady power!!! Your ex is a jerk. There is someone out there who will find your height unbearably sexy. There are many out there who will. You keep on rockin' cause you are awesome!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:19 am 
Nailed to the V

Take your ex's wallet and hold it above your head. Watch her jump up and down trying to get it back. You win!

My embarrassing story, as most of mine do, involves nudity. Namely, my houseguest was on his way home and I didn't expect him home for at least fifteen minutes. I wasn't parading around naked or anything, but I had just gotten out of the shower, hung up my towel, and went to show my boyfriend that my hair looked nice today. Of course, while I'm doing this in the living room, guess who comes home?

I think it's time to flee the country.

ETA: Houseguest is a COWORKER that I am helping out. So at the very least, I need to change jobs.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:52 am 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Am I the only one who thinks it would be great if my head and my girlfriends breasts were the same height? Also piggy back rides from people who are much taller than you are awesome.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 12:31 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Boober, your ex is a jerk. What an unbelievably rude and forked up thing to say. I'm glad she's your ex (as in, out of your life).

fisticuffs wrote:
On monday I realized I need to DTMFA but during our conversation yesterday, I just couldn't... I feel like shiitake.

I just saw this and if it's the situation that I think it is, then girl, you really need to DTMFA. You deserve so much better than someone who's going to jerk you around emotionally. I understand not being able to in the moment, but think of it like ripping off a band aid. And once you do, you're making room in your life for bigger and better things.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 3:01 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Boober, you are fabulous and wonderful and clever and arty and your ex is the monster crasshole. That text was just cruel. It shows clearly what sort of person she is.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:59 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Boober I'm sorry that happened to you. I totally get the tall-lady self consciousness. I'm 6' tall and I always feel like an ogre thrashing around.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:23 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

ahah thank you guys for the support! you rule!
I immediately texted back "wow, rude" and blocked her number, generally I have zero contact with her so I can only really assume she meant that as a direct attack. she was one of those people who, until I dumped her, WAS super in to my height, to a degree that was mildly fetish-y so that's where that's coming from.
mbm, RIGHT???

anyway, thanks!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:23 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

lobsteriffic wrote:
Boober I'm sorry that happened to you. I totally get the tall-lady self consciousness. I'm 6' tall and I always feel like an ogre thrashing around.

yesss exactly, i'm 6'1" so we have the same ogre feels I bet.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:54 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Speaking of tall lady stuffs, a good friend of mine is a fairly short trans guy, ad right now he's dating a fairly tall trans girl who also likes to wear heels. It's literally the most adorable pairing one could think of.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:46 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

Boober, good for you for blocking her. What a jerk! I hope the rest of your day was significantly better.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:38 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

My boss whipped his dick out and asked me to suck it... among other things.

Not the first time this has happened and it's getting a little tiresome.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:42 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

ashley wrote:
My boss whipped his dick out and asked me to suck it... among other things.

Not the first time this has happened and it's getting a little tiresome.

THAT IS TERRIBLE AND I'M SO SORRY.

Didn't you have a terrible boss who harassed you and then you went on to a different job that was going to be better? Am I misremembering? What is wrong with your bosses???

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:44 pm 

Yep, that was me! Believe it or not, this guy is still better than the old guy, even with his dick.

Really he just has a pretty severe drinking problem and likes to spend the work day at the bar sometimes. And then he acts like an idiot. It doesn't really even shock me anymore, but it always kind of ruins my afternoon.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:23 am 
Semen Strong

Ashley, I am so sorry you have to deal with that kind of harassment. I hope you can find some support, because that kind of behavior is really not okay.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:57 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Holy shiitake ashley, that is horrible! I've had more than my fair share of creepy bosses, but that is really not okay. Can you report this to anyone that might be able to help stop the situation? I'm so sorry you have to experience that.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:01 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Agreed with Tofulish and vijita: That is not ok. At all. Definitely find a higher-up you can report him to (maybe ask other women if they've experienced the same thing, so you can report en masse). Otherwise, cops? I don't know. I've never been in that situation myself, but you should NOT EVER have to experience that bullshiitake at work. EVER.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 6:52 am 
Saggy Butt

Can you record this on your phone next time it happens, ashley, and then contact the police?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:20 am 

Ther's really nowhere to go with this because thre are only three people in my company: myself and my two male bosses. I don't want to take it as far as the cops because I don't feel threatened and I don't want him to get in any serious trouble. I just want it to stop.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15901 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 615, 616, 617, 618, 619, 620, 621 ... 637  Next