| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 621, 622, 623, 624, 625, 626, 627 ... 646  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 10:04 am 
Impressive boner

Extra B12 can be a help too, Star, and can assist with exhaustion. Alcohol can cause B12 absorption problems in the stomach lining. I use H&B's sublingual liquid one, it's really good for a bit of pep.

I had some problems with alcohol a few years ago. I was drinking every day, not eating and broke my arm by falling over drunk. My family told me afterward that they were thinking of staging an intervention, but I changed my drinking before they decided to make that move. The swap for me was going to the tea shop with my sister instead of going to the pub or off-license with my then-friend and also getting involved in music.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 17, 2014 12:11 pm 
Saggy Butt

Thanks Fezza & 8Ball, to be honest I didn't even think about vitamins. I haven't taken vitamins for a while, about 2 months ago I bought some Vega powerful multivits to kick start me and then move onto normal ones when they ran out. They have both magnesium & B12 so I will start taking them today.

π

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:50 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I didn't update about the anti-gay church thing because my computer wasn't working, but I talked to my boss about it and she is consulting with the board. She seems like she kind of agrees with me that it's not a good idea but isn't entirely sold? Ugh I don't know.

Also we just got awarded a grant where I could spend 20 hours a week doing peer support for lgbtqq individuals and get paid a bunch more which complicates my I WOULD QUIT stance a little. Though I'm kind of curious about what the funder would think of this. And probably need to think about how far I would go to stir shiitake up knowing it could explode in my face. Hopefully everyone will just be like, obviously we can't do this, you're totally right and a genius, and it will all be fine.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 1:18 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

strawberryrock wrote:
Hopefully everyone will just be like, obviously we can't do this, you're totally right and a genius

And you have such soft and glossy hair.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 2:30 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

fezza wrote:
Star wrote:
Thankyou, the drinking was to make things more bearable at home, I'll try finding something to do to take my mind off it. I was speaking with some alcoholics on FB who said the exhaustion is a sugar detox (booze is obviously full of sugar so when you drink every day your body gets used to it and when you stop it crashes). Apparently it does get better, I've made it 5 weeks so hopefully it will happen sometime soon. Sorry for moaning here, I feel like such a moron considering other peoples issues!

My brother ate soooooooooooo many sweets when he went dry. It's a hard journey but you can do it, he's still doing well after 5 years. Has your doctor checked for any deficiencies associated with alcohol use? I think magnesium is one that can be low in regular drinkers. I find magnesium supplementation (for an unrelated condition) really helps with everything, from energy to sugar cravings to joint pain. I wish you all the best in your recovery xx
This happened to my brother-in-law as well. After he quit drinking I remember my sister saying he developed a major sweet tooth that he'd never really had before, but I think it eased up eventually. The important thing is that he's been clean and sober for about a dozen years, and I'm sure you can do it, too!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:46 pm 
A Bad Person

This is horse shiitake.

MBM made pancakes for dinner. We've got our pancakes stacked on plates. Then I find out we don't have any Log Cabin. No "real" maple syrup either. And I'm not some animal, I'm not going to eat my pancakes dry. But it's past 8 and I hate leaving the house this late at night. The nearest store is a Wal-mart less than a mile away. I forking loathe Wal-mart but I'm desparate.

I get in there after nearly clipping another car for being too far into the intersection. I find the syrup isle and it's jammed with a family. They part just enough for me to get through, until one of the daughters walks right in my path. I'm already mad that I'm at Wal-mart, so I briskly step past her and hear mom lightly chide her for walking into my way. I don't care. I'm here for Log Cabin.

There's no Log Cabin. Yeah, there's plenty of that sugar free garbage, that shiitake doesn't count. I'm searching the shelves. There's no Log Cabin. Jesus forking christ. The whole point of going to Wal-mart is that they have everything, and they're all out of Log Cabin. So now I don't care anymore, I just want to get syrup and get out, so I grab some stupid Aunt Jemima.

I make my way back to the checkout registers and they're all jammed with people. Of course. And the people's carts are basically overflowing with stuff. But I walk to the express lane in the middle of the store because its line is visibly shorter than every other line. I get in there and notice that the mother and son in front of me don't have 20 items or less. They have like 40 items. They apparently do not respect the rules of the express lane, and neither does the cashier. It's utter anarchy at this point.

So I set my stupid Aunt Jemima on the conveyor and look up and down at the mountain of items in front of it and the 20 items or less sign above it. I know the friendly cashier is going to ask me if I found everything alright, so I'm prepared to tell her how disappointed I am that I'm going home with Aunt Jemima and not Log Cabin. Not in a serious way, mostly a ha-ha way, but seriously, how in the hell are they out of Log Cabin? But no, she just scans my shiitake and tells me my total.

So then I've paid and I have goddamn Aunt Jemima and I want out. Except the customer service desk is so jammed up that the line is backed up to the checkout registers. I have to "excuse me" and squeeze through just to get out. And then I get home, and I tell all of this to MBM and SHE LAUGHS AT ME! It's her fault we're in this predicament! She's the grocerylord! She's probably the one who threw out my Log Cabin to begin with!

I guess I'll just go jump in a hole with my stupid Aunt Jemima and die.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:50 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

You okay, Brian? You don't usually rant.

I commiserate though. Maple syrup is one thing I never, ever run out of. I buy it at Costco.

Eat your pancakes before jumping in the hole though; you might feel better.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:51 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Brian's worst thing is my best thing. And now that's probably the worst thing because I feel like a huge jerk.

The second worst thing about my day is the mosquito bite on my armpit.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:53 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I have a headache from laughing so hard. :(

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:57 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I fell up concrete steps* on my way home from GED tonight. The light was blown out.

If I use the church for pain and suffering, do you think they will let us back next year?

It really hurts though. I punctured my toe on something and got blood all over my shoe.

*i don't even know...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:01 pm 
And you never will.

brian wrote:
blah blah syrup blah blah wal-mart, hilarity ensues

I really want some pancakes now, but I don't have any maple syrup. Goddammit Brian.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:10 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I really want some pancakes now, but I don't have any mbm to make them for me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:57 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

I'm pretty sure I broke my toe. I've stubbed toes pretty hard before and been like, wow that kinda feels like maybe it's broken but i'm not sure? But this time I'm pretty sure I actually did it. The color that my toe is right now is not a color that a toe should be. OW A LOT.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:22 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

which toe is it cq?
at the hospital they would probably just splint it, my #1 go-to for broken toes is advil and taping the broken toe to a non-broken toe so it doesn't get too mushed up in my shoes. Ice and elevate while it's taped if it starts to swell!

I am not a doctor but I have broken all of my toes and can still walk!

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:49 am 
Seagull of the PPK

LW- your job is through the school district, right? workers comp apply here?
CQ, I also have broken a lot of toes. Once I (at a literacy class, workers comp, cough cough) had a whiteboard fall off an easel and onto my big toe, corner first (Providence Public Library's no-sandal policy: I did that!). It smashed the toenail, bled like crazy, and smashed up the bone as well. Xrays and all that, tetanus shot and antibiotics, and then it was just like boober said- elevate (i had to, because it hurt too much otherwise), and ice. Famous doctor words "there's not much we can do unless you get gangrene."

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:24 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

It's my littlest left toe. It hurts so much I actually thought it was the next toe over, which (because I have extra-weird feet) is WAY bigger than the littlest one and curls over it so much that you almost can't see the littlest toe. So it was a whole day before I actually realized that the pain was coming from that toe, and that it's all purple and smashed-looking, because it's hiding under a much bigger toe. My biggest concerns is that I have a tendency to injure this foot, walk off-balance to compensate, and then sprain my ankle, and I've done that so many times that the last time I did it, it was so bad I basically couldn't walk for 18 months. So...broken toe not such a big deal, but combined with a structurally deformed foot and a weak ankle and it's a recipe for disaster.

But yeah...thanks for the tips. I do know what to do about a toe injury from being a massage therapist. :) It looks a little better today than it did yesterday!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:36 am 
Seagull of the PPK

toe stubbing has to be the absolute worst. every time i do it, i am absolutely sure that i must have ripped the toe off, because nothing else could possibly hurt this much. what did you do to your little toe?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 6:42 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

The stupidest thing is that it happened because I practiced the piano. I normally have the piano chair in an out-of-the-way spot because I usually just use the piano to practice singing, so I stand in front of it instead of sitting. But I am trying to actually practice the piano more now, so I was doing that the other night, which meant I put the chair right in front of the piano, and then when I walked by the piano later, I wasn't paying attention to the chair being in a different spot and walked right into it.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:09 am 
Seagull of the PPK

eeeeeeeeeeeeek. toes. why couldn't we have hooves?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:35 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

A major stressor has come back into my life after a 6-week absence. The weight that felt like it was lifted off my shoulders is back, and it feels terrible. Sorry to be cryptic.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:27 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

choirqueer wrote:
...My biggest concerns is that I have a tendency to injure this foot, walk off-balance to compensate, and then sprain my ankle, and I've done that so many times that the last time I did it, it was so bad I basically couldn't walk for 18 months. So...broken toe not such a big deal, but combined with a structurally deformed foot and a weak ankle and it's a recipe for disaster.

You might think about using a walking stick while it's healing? I don't like having to use one, but it's made me feel a heck of a lot more stable!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:52 pm 
TOTALLY CRADICAL

Brian: I feel you, man. Maple syrup is NO JOKE. I will cut a B who stands between me and that sweet nectar. ::Xtian side hug::

Star: Don't undercut your achievements! 5 weeks is huge, you're already past so many important but difficult milestones. I think I speak for a lot of PPKers when I say we're really inspired by your strength and proud of your progress.

JoPa: ((huggz)) (*)boobhonk(*) you let me know if there's anything I can do. ::pounds right fist into left palm:: anything at all...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:29 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Just a quick reminder, as per the forum rules, please don't post about disordered eating.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3802

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:55 pm 
Saggy Butt

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Star: Don't undercut your achievements! 5 weeks is huge, you're already past so many important but difficult milestones. I think I speak for a lot of PPKers when I say we're really inspired by your strength and proud of your progress.

Thank you! The support from yourself & other members over the last 5 weeks (and over the last year for other issues) has been amazing and very much appreciated (and I am deteremined to do the same for other members when I can).

@Brian - I have rearranged my meal plans for the weekend because now I want pancakes!

@CQ - so sorry to hear about the toe, I hope it gets better soon

π

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:09 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

ijustdiedinside wrote:
Just a quick reminder, as per the forum rules, please don't post about disordered eating.
viewtopic.php?f=25&t=3802

Sorry, I genuinely had forgotten about that rule and apologise for any offence caused.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 621, 622, 623, 624, 625, 626, 627 ... 646  Next