| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 4:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15743 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 624, 625, 626, 627, 628, 629, 630  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 4:59 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Ewwwww. That is a lot of creepiness in a single hour.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 7:14 pm 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

Saw a really upsetting video on FB(bc it starts playing things automatically), and now I'm crying and cuddling my dog.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2014 9:25 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

One of the regular customers where I work passed away. His drinking had progressed so heavily that we were all getting worried about his condition.

The last time he came in he was clearly cleaned up and in good spirits and not having terrible alcohol withdrawal shakes and we were all hopeful that things were turning a corner. He died three days later, at home, in bed.

He was such a smart, friendly man when he was having good days.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:29 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

8ball wrote:
I'm feeling a bit used and disrespected.

Spoiler: show
The drummer left my band because he doesn't know what he wants to do with his life and needs to have a good think about it. Less than two weeks after our last gig with him he's playing drums in a new band.

Months ago he scheduled a gig at a pub for Hallowe'en that got double booked with another band that I know so I sorted it out for him (he asked me to because he found them intimidating) and we're playing it together. Yesterday he contacted me to say he reckons the lineup should be four bands instead of three. I told him it had already been organized as a three band lineup, so today he asked some other people who are on the bill what they think and texted me saying "they're ok with it so we'll play at 8.30 for half an hour".

He was with us 8 months, did all the big "glory" gigs and then when it came down to hard work he decided to leave and seems to have cribbed the contacts we've spent almost 6 years making and is using them for his own means.

That sucks! What a total loser. I hope that the people he's now using will come to see him for what he is, if they haven't already.

Related but tangential: I can't remember if I said before, but I downloaded your band's album when you posted it on here a wee while back and loved it :) I hope you can find another drummer who is shedloads more awesome than this crasshole and keep producing great music.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:48 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

Ugh. Tummy trouble. I'm assuming I ate something that disagreed with me since everyone else is fine, but I've spent the entire day in...well, let's just call it "gastrointestinal distress," shall we? Whatever it is, I really hope that it relinquishes its hold on me by tomorrow, because I have a lot of work to do, and my teaching semester starts on Tuesday. Of course, being sick means getting to spend then whole day on the sofa with Lucy the Wonderdog (who is not only the world's greatest doggie, she is also the world's greatest nurse), but I'd still like to be able to eat solid food and, you know, stand up.

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:30 pm 
WRETCHED

Good luck Desdemona, I've known a lot of people to have stomach viruses recently (including myself last week).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 9:28 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Money issues are some of the worst issues. My housemate was watching the mail for me while I was gone for 2 months, but didn't catch 3 bills. Two were open ended, but one (for my hospital stuff in March) was not. Ugh. I just transferred all the monies. I hope I don't get a surprise bonus bill for being late. Also, I know that for the fancy neuro treatment I received, EUR 360 is not a lot of money, but my contract is ending sometime soon and I don't know what work I'll have post-diss. Plus, I will have to spend another EUR 300-ish on new glasses. Bye bye monies I "saved" by spending summer at NatureBoy's.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:55 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Poison ivy on my face that looks like I have a triple cold sore (and am treating as such too, just in case), and on my arm, with blisters that look a lot like lava bubbles that are about to pop. Dang, I'm sexy...
(Best thing? Prednisone.)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:13 pm 
Chip Strong

I have avoided animal related videos/movies lately because I was feeling very burned out.
But last night I watched the Gary Yourofsky 'Best speech you will ever hear' lecture and it brought me to a really dark place. I am hating everything right now and find myself wishing that a meterorite would smash into earth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 2:21 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Work is SO STRESSFUL right now and I'm supposed to be spending 20 hours a week on a grant-funded project except so far this week all I've done is work on our upcoming gala so I extra do not have the emotional energy to deal with board members who think it's discrimination to NOT partner with anti-gay churches and I basically want to cry/quit/go home.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:25 pm 
Impressive boner

Imogen wrote:
That sucks! What a total loser. I hope that the people he's now using will come to see him for what he is, if they haven't already.

Related but tangential: I can't remember if I said before, but I downloaded your band's album when you posted it on here a wee while back and loved it :) I hope you can find another drummer who is shedloads more awesome than this crasshole and keep producing great music.

Thank you! I'm really glad you like it :) We've got someone lined up who is really well experienced in the style of music and gig circuit we play.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 04, 2014 7:34 pm 
WELFARIST!

Seeing a kitten in the park (which someone I assume dumped). I couldn't get too close to her, s/he wouldn't let me, but I would say s/he's about five weeks old. I'm going to go down tomorrow with some dried food and fresh water and see if I can find her in the same place but I don't have a lot of hope of catching her. It's a big park! However, I came back twice about a half an hour apart and she was hanging around the same area so maybe that's her 'spot'. But it bothers me all day, thinking about the kitty: who would leave a little creature in the park with lots of wild animals to fend for herself? Just dump the little boo there. I don't really see any other reasonable explanation other than thoughtless dumping for finding a domestic animal like a kitten in a city park that has no feral population that I'm aware of. I couldn't find any other kittens or cats in the vicinity and I gave a good look around with other folks helping me. Even if she's feral, the kitten's young enough to domesticate, I believe. I don't understand people. The kitten's cute, too: black with white markings and watery blue eyes. Healthy from what I can see--probably not out there long. Just kinda ruins my day though, knowing she's out there, alone tonight and so new to the world.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:16 pm 
Nailed to the V

A friend's fiance and his mother were in a really bad crash when a shuttle bus they were taking from the airport parking lot to the terminal hit a guardrail. It was on the news, and 15 people were badly injured. I thought that was the extent, and that while injured, he was going to be okay, but then she told me yesterday that his brother was driving from New York to be with them, and during the drive he had an embolism and died while on the road somewhere in Ohio. He was 32. Then someone else they're close to (a cousin, I think she said?) died of a heart attack the same day. She and her fiance are some of the nicest, most generous people I know and I hate that they're going through so much horrible crepe.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:25 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Yesterday was the worst part of my day today. It's work related so can't say. Not anything I was involved with but man, still in shock.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:36 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

The fluid they drained from my grandpas stomach is full of cancer cells, and he is officially in hospice care. He's coming home today with oxygen, and it sounds like someone from hospice will be coming daily (if not a few times a day) from now on. Feeling really, really sad. He was diagnosed with Pancreatic cancer in January and given 6-12 months if left untreated. Treatment was hard on him but his follow up MRI two months ago showed the tumor had massively shrunk, and his oncologist felt really good about his prognosis, and my grandpa had started to gain weight and get his energy back. Now this.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 5:18 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Aww, Simply_Love, I'm very sorry to hear that.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 10:21 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Thanks dropscone.

That didn't even end up being the worst part of my day. I went down to see him, and all in all, he's doing okay. He seems to be at peace with everything, which is great.

My grandma has Alzheimer's though, and becomes very mean and nasty, and down right belligerent when she feels someone is helping them, since she thinks she can do it (she can't, at all. She won't even remember to eat unless you make her).

Anyway, she got really upset and started going after my grandpa, and tried to leave the house No way in hell would she find her way home or have any idea where she was, so that couldn't happen. I followed her to the door to stop her, and she turned around and tried to grab and hit me. It was terrifying (that was just pure hatred in her eyes), and the worry is she'll do it to my grandpa.

The whole five hours I was there was just her being so mean and nasty to everyone. I had to go outside at one point and just started balling. My poor mom has been with her for a week, and is staying this week as well until my uncle can come relieve her. We're calling her doctor Monday to see what we can do, and will also talk to hospice about it. She can't go into a home, so we need to find another solution.

Sorry for the long ramble. I don't really talk about this with my friends (they don't understand how horrible it is and are really dismissive), so rambling on the Internet it is.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 06, 2014 11:45 pm 
And you never will.

I'm so sorry SL. I know exactly what you mean about friends not really understanding - my granny who passed away a couple of weeks ago had Alzheimer's, and it really is such a difficult thing for the family to deal with. It's so hard to see someone who you love (and who you know loves you) turn into someone else completely.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 12:54 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Thanks poopie, and I'm sorry about your grandma. Alzheimer's is just so terrible.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:25 am 
Flounceiad 2011

SL, that sucks. I'm very sorry that you, your grandparents, and your family are going through all of this.

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:46 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

A friend, who was kind of smitten with turned out to be a real friend.

She told me I kind of have a cloud of negative energy around me and that I live too much in the past and should let the past go. I also seem to come across like a school teacher who wants to tell every one what's right and what's wrong (sort of)

I'm surprised I come across like that, and find it hard to decide what to do with that information.
I'm mostly thinking about whether I should move her out of my life, or that I should take her words seriously and let go of the past that I'm not aware of that I'm holding on to.

I'm not sure where this is going, but it's a significant event in our friendship.

Last edited by Veg_Eric on Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 2:50 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

My worst thing today is also Alzheimer related. My brother talked to my grandfather today while my mother with with him and he didn't know who my mother or brother were, how to use a phone, what to say, if he felt pain. He's just almost doesn't exist anymore. I'm going to see him in a month and I'm so scared. He never gone mean or anything in his illness, he's just calm and still and doesn't do or say anything really :(

And my grandmother (not his wife, the other one) is 90 and she's so deeply depressed. I hope the anti depressants work for her. She kept telling her doctor she just wanted to "go and sleep forever" but he said she's just too healthy for that.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:32 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Veg_Eric wrote:
She told me I kind of have a cloud of negative energy around me and that I live too much in the past and should let the past go. I also seem to come across like a school teacher who wants to tell every one what's right and what's wrong (sort of)
I'm surprised I come across like that, and find it hard to decide what to do with that information.
I'm mostly thinking about whether I should move her out of my life, or that I should take her words seriously and let go of the past that I'm not aware of that I'm holding on to.
I'm not sure where this is going, but it's a significant event in our friendship.

No advice about what to do as far as the friendship, it does seem like kind of a harsh stringing of info all at once... but I will say, it sounds like ultimately it could be good to think about how your behaviors made her think those things. I think if you do keep that kind of energy around, that's not good and healthy for you! So either she's wrong, and you're no worse off for having had thought about it, or there is something to her words and you can think about what that means for you moving forward.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 2:50 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Miss Poppy has been poorly since yesterday. The emergency vet couldn't find anything wrong, she hasn't improved at all so will have to go to her follow up appointment this morning and possibly stay in for testing. Poor baby.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:20 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Mars wrote:
Veg_Eric wrote:

No advice about what to do as far as the friendship, it does seem like kind of a harsh stringing of info all at once... but I will say, it sounds like ultimately it could be good to think about how your behaviors made her think those things. I think if you do keep that kind of energy around, that's not good and healthy for you! So either she's wrong, and you're no worse off for having had thought about it, or there is something to her words and you can think about what that means for you moving forward.

I think Mars is very wise here. It also might not hurt to have another conversation with your friend. Especially after some reflection if you can see why that person might think that or if you still have no idea. It could be an opportunity for personal growth and a deepening of the friendship. FWIW, you seem pretty self-aware and positive to me, so I hope you aren't taking this too hard.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15743 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 624, 625, 626, 627, 628, 629, 630  Next