| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 647  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:57 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I'm very cranky today becasue instead of doing the million things I need to do before going to Europe for 3 weeks on Sunday I am sitting around waiting for a FedEx package which may or may not arrive.

I was out of town last weekend visiting friends and I left some very important school stuff at a friend's place. I need it before I leave and asked him to courier it to me ASAP and I would pay him back. I have repeatedly asked him to let me know the shipping details so I can anticipate when it will arrive. He is screening my calls and ignoring my emails. So I am stuck at home and I haven't even walked my dog yet today becasue I am worried that if I leave, the package will come and I will miss it.

Stress...rising!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:02 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Driving to work this morning, I noticed the tree in front of our house that that drunk driver hit on Monday has been decorated with balloons, stuffed animals, fliers, and streamers, presumably left by the family and friends of the man he killed.
I know everyone grieves in their own way, but I think these tree memorials -- in my neighborhood, these are almost exclusively left in front of places where people have been shot or stabbed -- are morbid and depressing in a thousand different ways. Watching all these heartfelt little tokens of affection get whipped around and destroyed by the elements will be yet another daily reminder of the crushing grind that is time and decay.

HAPPY FRIDAY, EVERYONE!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:19 pm 
Married to the wolfman

The kid I babysit on Fridays hit my kid in the head with a ROCK. A freaking rock. I know he's just a little kid and I think they've both already forgotten about it but I am still mad as hell about it, and I still have five more hours with this kid before he goes home.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:24 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

The downstairs neighbor keeps singing and laughing so loud it echoes in here.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:34 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

1. Burn pits
2. Everyone I work with
3. Just...gah! So done with today.

"forking vegans" ~~linanil

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:19 pm 
Ninja Master

Acid reflux. It won't go away, my back is on fire!

I hate my stomach.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 2:55 pm 
Huffs Nooch

Yesterday I discovered that I have grain moths. I am super bummed. It was a real problem at my old apartment, but I spent two moth-free months at my new condo and thought they were a thing of the past. Not so. I saw two hanging around and checked my pantry. They were in my basmati rice. I threw it out and put an unopened and seemingly untouched bag of white rice into one of those containers where you press a button to seal it. I am buying more this weekend. I hope they work.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:02 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

beeyell wrote:
Yesterday I discovered that I have grain moths. I am super bummed. It was a real problem at my old apartment, but I spent two moth-free months at my new condo and thought they were a thing of the past. Not so. I saw two hanging around and checked my pantry. They were in my basmati rice. I threw it out and put an unopened and seemingly untouched bag of white rice into one of those containers where you press a button to seal it. I am buying more this weekend. I hope they work.

You might have to get some moth traps. We had to do that for a while after they got into some parrot food.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:51 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

I retract my prior statement about the neighbor.

The worst thing about today is that I'm having a teary meltdown right now.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:17 pm 
Member type 4

The migraine I've been fighting since last Friday (that claimed my Halloween... ) is creeping back. What a crasshole.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:24 pm 
Member type 4

thisheregiraffe wrote:
The downstairs neighbor keeps singing and laughing so loud it echoes in here.

I feel your pain. There's a pentecostal church next door to my building that plays music in the middle of the evening/early in the forking morning in addition to screaming about hellfire -- this, of course, flows directly into my bedroom. There's a church member living in the apartment next to mine, so naturally, he blares evangelical radio through my bedroom wall whenever I try to sleep in on the weekend (otherwise it's salsa music). There's also about 3 generations of kids who had kids living in the apartment above my head. I think they're constantly wrestling, moving furniture, clog dancing, bowling, and beating the shiitake out of each other.

Sometimes church radio/salsa music guy blares michael jackson--then it's cool. It's usually pretty terrible, though.

OH! And since it's a big hasidic neighborhood (S Williamsburg), during the last huge jewish holiday, some guys started building one of those sukkas (or as I like to call it, a fire escape plywood fort) outside of my window, hammering starting promptly at midnight before I had to be up at work in the morning. I don't even know how they did it. It appeared to the left of my bedroom, where there isn't a porch/fire escape/platform of any sort. It's just a void... and yet... bam, bam, bam, bam...

YAY!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:09 pm 
Joking!

The fact that I just "thumbs up-ed" a Jason Mraz song on Pandora......I feel more disgusted with myself than I did when I realized I liked Justin Timberlake when he came out with Cry Me a River, which I still like him but come on, he's good, I can't help that. But Jason Mraz?.....I guess the one song is catchy, but still, gaaaahhhh!!!!!! The riot grrrl in me is crying so hard.

fabulous_muscles, I also live in Brooklyn, and in a latino neighborhood so we have lots of those churches around...luckily not right next door, but there's one down the street that sometimes blasts everything that's going on in the church through speakers that are crazy loud outside of the church. I sometimes am very tempted to do evil things.....like scream Hail Seitan!!! or get a group of people in devil costumes to walk in.....but it's so mean, but I still want to do it, but kind of not, but kind of entirely.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:12 pm 
Joking!

...we also get some dude that plays the triangle.....that's it, just the triangle.

I wonder if any of the things on Flushing have anything to do with that holiday....there's so much construction right now on that street I probably couldn't tell the difference.

I also just sent an email to nightmare client that I can't give her any further discounts and that it's completely ridiculous for me to work for any less money than I already am and listed the reasons. I just want this lady out of my life forever. I might just abandon my 800 dollars just so I never have to talk to her again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:42 pm 
Married to the wolfman

fabulous_muscles wrote:
The migraine I've been fighting since last Friday (that claimed my Halloween... ) is creeping back. What a crasshole.

Oh man, I'm so sorry. I started to get my first migraine in several months this morning and it was SO SO BAD so I instantly drank a triple shot of espresso and jolted down 3 ibuprofen and headed it off at the pass. Amazingly, this worked. And I am so thankful.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:47 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Oh yeah, the reason I came back to this thread was to say, that kid hitting my kid with the rock wasn't the worst part of my day. The worst part was actually several hours later, and it involved feces (not mine) and I just don't want to talk about it.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:12 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I got a text message that said:

"You have won 416,000.000 British Pounds from Etisalat Group. Contact the coordinator for your prize. Send your email to query@etisalat-eu.com"

How dare someone pretend I won that much money. :( I could really use that much money! Also, why not tell me it in Canadian dollars? That would be more believable... Since I am CANADIAN.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 9:06 pm 
Member type 4

coldandsleepy wrote:
fabulous_muscles wrote:

Oh man, I'm so sorry. I started to get my first migraine in several months this morning and it was SO SO BAD so I instantly drank a triple shot of espresso and jolted down 3 ibuprofen and headed it off at the pass. Amazingly, this worked. And I am so thankful.

Lucky! I wish it were that easy. I have the chronic daily headache that turns into a full-blown migraine at least 4 times every month. I get the ultra migraine that makes you see through time about every other month. It blows.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 10:57 am 
Huffs Nooch

lavawitch wrote:
beeyell wrote:

You might have to get some moth traps. We had to do that for a while after they got into some parrot food.

You're probably right. I think I am still in denial. The good news is that none have gotten into that sealed container, but I'm remembering my old apartment and even after I put everything they cared about in the fridge, they still hung around.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:20 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I ruined a big pot of refried beans. It was such a disaster: first I oversalted and tried to fix it by adding water and vinegar. They ended up with an overly vinegary, weird taste, which was still too salty. Then I thought I'd add some frozen corn to cut the salt/vinegar flavor. Then I got distracted and forgot about the beans entirely, and they burned. I hate wasting food!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:21 pm 
Impressive boner

Drove 3 hours to play roller derby, when I got there found I couldn't wear my mouth guard because of yesterday's dental work, then one of my best friends broke her leg and is in hospital overnight in a city 3 hours away instead of here at home. I'm so worried about her right now. I know she's in the best place she can be but I don't want my friend to be in pain, scared or upset :(

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:04 pm 
Nailed to the V

My car died, so I had to take a bus to work this morning which took me an hour and forty-five minutes. I was three hours late for work. There are no buses on Sunday, still not entirely sure how I'm going to get to work tomorrow. Will have to beg some friends, offering baked goods and gas money as compensation.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:18 pm 
Chard Martyr

blisslikethis wrote:
Will have to beg some friends, offering baked goods and gas money as compensation.

Wish I lived in Washington.

I strongly dislike cold, dark weather. It feels like forking midnight at 6:00. Oh, yay, daylight saving time- longest night of my forking life. At least it will be brighter tomorrow, right? Such trickery.

Also, friends who don't give a fork... fork them. I mean, I know I'm not the most important person in the universe, but shiitake, shoot me a text or something? Thanks. Ok, I'm done bisqueing. bisqueing doesn't look good on me.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:11 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Probably that it's been raining non-stop for two days straight and it gives me absolutely no motivation to get any school work done!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:32 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

My heart is sad tonight and I can't do anything to make myself feel better. I had a nice moment earlier today (in this thread's sister thread), but now....ugh.

"forking vegans" ~~linanil

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:35 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Invictus wrote:
My heart is sad tonight and I can't do anything to make myself feel better. I had a nice moment earlier today (in this thread's sister thread), but now....ugh.

:[ (((((hugs)))))

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16165 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12 ... 647  Next