| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 4:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15899 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 636  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:50 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Thanks, fezza. I'm pretty sure part of it is lack of hugs/any physical contact with anyone. It's so isolating.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 6:41 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Invictus wrote:
Thanks, fezza. I'm pretty sure part of it is lack of hugs/any physical contact with anyone. It's so isolating.

It must get really hard when you're so far away from everyone Invictus, wish I could just pop over and give you a great big hug in person (and quietly steal a lock of your hair for purely creepy reasons). Eat some chocolate & hug your pillow & remember that you're into the second half now. It's a better place to be (in time) than where you were 6 months ago. Just hug that pillow & feel the PPK fluff & love snuggling around you <3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:37 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I fell down the stairs in my building this morning. And of course, today was one of the days when I decided to go out the other door at the back of the building, so instead of falling down the carpeted stairs near my front door, I fell down the significantly harder, concrete stairs. I've injured myself in about four places and probably can't go to the gym tonight because everything hurts.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:47 am 
Nailed to the V

Erinnerung wrote:
I fell down the stairs in my building this morning. And of course, today was one of the days when I decided to go out the other door at the back of the building, so instead of falling down the carpeted stairs near my front door, I fell down the significantly harder, concrete stairs. I've injured myself in about four places and probably can't go to the gym tonight because everything hurts.

This is terrible, hope you feel better soon.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:52 am 
Member type 4

My boss told me I need to be more chipper.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:56 am 
Married to the wolfman

I spilled my DivaCup. It was half full at the time.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:59 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I'm coming down with a cold, second time in as many months. Boo.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:02 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

The husband and I fought today.

There were tears.

And then I was inspired to finish the song I was writing about him.

Organarchists Unite

Vegan Sushi Roll Pillows & More!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:04 am 

fabulous_muscles wrote:

I have had this happen to me. A lot. See, my mouth naturally frowns. There's no medium- it literally takes more muscles for me to smile than the average person, I'm absolutely convinced. So I feel your pain.

I have lost my shittake over this happening before. I feel like my chipperness level is adequate thank you.

Organarchists Unite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:15 am 
Member type 4

organarchy wrote:
fabulous_muscles wrote:

I have had this happen to me. A lot. See, my mouth naturally frowns. There's no medium- it literally takes more muscles for me to smile than the average person, I'm absolutely convinced. So I feel your pain.

I have lost my shittake over this happening before. I feel like my chipperness level is adequate thank you.

It's not even a place that warrants a "chipper" attitude! We're a nonprofit company that deals with alternative pain medication for dying adults and children. I saw good morning when I see someone, I say I'm "fine" when someone asks. I'm there to do my job, I'm not there to make friends. He tells me I need to be chipper, but after we discuss redesigning the organization's site that looks like it's from 1992, he tells me I need to be more invested in the subject matter the organization is about. How can anyone be forking chipper when they are working with copy about dying kids?

For forking serious.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:18 am 
Member type 4

During this crazy marathon migraine I've had for over a week I've been doing something to the inside of my mouth (in crucial chewing areas) while I've been sleeping. I can only eat insanely slow in tiny tiny bites on the left side of my mouth. If something drifts an inch to the right, ah, hell naw. Pain pain pain.

After realizing that not eating isn't working, I grilled a vegan burger, chopped it into tiny bits, topped it with tinier bits of grilled onion and mushrooms, top those tiny bits with little squares of lettuce, and the mixed in veganaise. It looks like the most disgusting thing ever, but at least I can put it in my mouth.

You should have seen me trying to eat a piece of rye bread at work today. Completely pointless.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:29 am 

fabulous_muscles wrote:
During this crazy marathon migraine I've had for over a week I've been doing something to the inside of my mouth (in crucial chewing areas) while I've been sleeping. I can only eat insanely slow in tiny tiny bites on the left side of my mouth. If something drifts an inch to the right, ah, hell naw. Pain pain pain.

After realizing that not eating isn't working, I grilled a vegan burger, chopped it into tiny bits, topped it with tinier bits of grilled onion and mushrooms, top those tiny bits with little squares of lettuce, and the mixed in veganaise. It looks like the most disgusting thing ever, but at least I can put it in my mouth.

You should have seen me trying to eat a piece of rye bread at work today. Completely pointless.

Sounds painful :( Sorry you're having such a shittake day

Organarchists Unite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:37 am 
Member type 4

organarchy wrote:
fabulous_muscles wrote:

Sounds painful :( Sorry you're having such a shittake day

Thanks. I'm looking forward to when things start becoming relatively awesome again. I'll even accept mediocre to absolute crepe.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:35 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

fabulous_muscles wrote:

Are you grinding your teeth in your sleep? Technically a migraine only lasts 3 days so either you've developed more than one or you're into tension headache territory. Alternating hot and cold compresses to your neck can help if it's tension related.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:41 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

My boss cornering me and wagging his finger that I shouldn't have slammed his door and made me apologise. I didn't slam the door, I swinged it shut & that door was just a little lighter than I'm used to. Next time I'll leave your door wide open then, buddy.

This was after the conversation that I should have 'volunteered' to come in on some saturdays to stare at an empty hallway. I take a class on saturdays. I am less than amused. I can't even use the computer at reception. It is not USEFUL in any way and my traveltime is 2,5 to 3 hours in total. Then I'd have to sit there for another 3 to 4 hours doing nothing. Instead of going to my class.

Apperently I was toO honest in saying I couldn't come in then. Next time they ask, I'll have to say I'll do it. Then possibly cancel later on. How's that better then? Just more dishonest. I already signed up that I'll do the reception some thursday evenings, and the other people that were called in for a conversation had even refused to do any of that. And I'm the bad one? The people with children weren't even asked. So... I guess I'll just have to get pregnant so I'm off the hook?

KILL KILL KILL

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:20 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I was told to move forward on a great project, something that would actually be challenging and fun. Now I am being told no. But with no reason.
Also, I was told no on a project, before anyone even read the forking emails. I cannot possibly grow this forking company if they won't even forking look at e-mails. And now, I am being told I need to do more.
I can't do any more, thank you.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:47 pm 
Member type 4

I just sold 99% of the clothes (including some beautiful shoes... those red 4-inch stilettos were gorgeous) that I own to secondhand stores so I can pay ONE bill.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:04 am 
Tofu Pup

~We have to move because our landlord rented the upstairs apartment to a violent offender. It really sucked today trying to find a decent, peaceful & affordable place to live with so little time or money. I just want to sleep all the time.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:45 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Empathy: We had to move in July because our landlord wouldn't evict our downstairs neighbors, who were very, very obvious drug dealers. They never tried to hide it at all, they'd sit out on the porch or stand on the sidewalk and palm people baggies, people would bang on our door at 3 AM demanding to know where "the stuff" was, etc. Landlord even threatened to evict us if we called the police because, quote, "I don't need any trouble!" This came after having to hire a PI in order to track down and sue our previous landlord to get our security deposit back, which he was withholding as revenge for us calling the city building inspector after living with a giant hole in our kitchen ceiling (yes, you could see the sky) for almost 6 months. I thought I was losing my mind.
After having to slog through years of paying rent to unrepentant slumlords, I finally just emptied out half of my decade-old 401(k) and put a down payment down on a (crappy, but them's the breaks) house! I'm really sorry. That situation totally forking sucks. Not feeling safe in the place you live, where you're supposed to be the safest, is one of the most hellish feelings in the world.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:12 am 
Naked Under Apron

I hate milk, and I hate when coffee shops charge extra when you don't want milk. I had to order a latte twice because of that, and I am pissed off and out of $3.95!

Writing Praying Vegan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:55 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

It's closer to worst than best, but is actually neither. This was the weirdest thing about my day: I just randomly found out that the dude I had the world's most dramatic relationship with is now in this terrible and really famous Australian stoner rock band that just toured with AC/DC. It appears that he has bestowed himself with a stage name, presumably to sound more rock and roll. He was the funniest person I've ever met, and I miss him a lot whenever I manage to forget about how unbelievably, unrepentantly awful he was toward the end of our interaction, but I'd long since assumed that he'd either overdosed and died or moved to another country. Turns out he moved to another hemisphere. It was very strange seeing his photograph and name in print, almost like seeing a ghost.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:00 pm 

stephanie wrote:
It's closer to worst than best, but is actually neither. This was the weirdest thing about my day: I just randomly found out that the dude I had the world's most dramatic relationship with is now in this terrible and really famous Australian stoner rock band that just toured with AC/DC. It appears that he has bestowed himself with a stage name, presumably to sound more rock and roll. He was the funniest person I've ever met, and I miss him a lot whenever I manage to forget about how unbelievably, unrepentantly awful he was toward the end of our interaction, but I'd long since assumed that he'd either overdosed and died or moved to another country. Turns out he moved to another hemisphere. It was very strange seeing his photograph and name in print, almost like seeing a ghost.

That is weird. I'm trying to find words but I've never been in any situation remotely like this so I honestly don't know how I would react.

Organarchists Unite

PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:05 pm 

I had one of those terrible nightmares that seem to last the entire that you're sleeping and the storyline stays strong throughout. I felt like I was honestly there and I couldn't leave.

In the dream I confronted my ex-parents, including asking my biological father why he molested me. It was terrifying and I woke up with the feeling like I absolutely needed a shower immediately even though I took one last night right before I went to bed.

This is not how I wanted to spend my anniversary - all teary and feeling like the emotional mess I was before I started therapy 7 years ago.

Ugh.

Organarchists Unite

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:36 am 
Joking!

My boyfriend is sleeping on his stomach right next to me and he just ripped the most horrid vegan fart ever about 3 feet from my face......well the second most horrid vegan fart ever, the first most horrid vegan fart ever actually belongs to my friend who let it rip in my car 3 years ago (it was so bad, I can remember what it smelled like 3 years later).

organarchy wrote:
fabulous_muscles wrote:

Same here. I have those puffy cupid/baby shaped lips/mouth, there's an actual name for it, I don't remember what it is....cupid's bow? I don't know, something like that, it takes a whole lote of effort to smile and I can't fake smile, I only smile when I'm laughing or really happy or something, not just walking down the street by myself or standing around. But people mistake it for a frown all the time. It drives me INSANE! Everyone comments on it and tells me to smile. I worked at a national retailer in the Bible belt/South/Midwest....we'll just say it rhymes with crapple........and they commented on it all the time constantly telling me I need to smile because I'm on stage....why the fork am I going to walk around smiling for no reason at all like I'm some crack head disney character? I'm from the North East you forks, we don't smile for no reason. People would come in who were from New York allll the time and immediately would walk up to me and the first thing out of their mouth would be, "WHAT is wrong with these people?" Referring to my co-workers who looked exactly like crackhead Disney characters smiling for no reason other than they're high on something and can't be trusted. Which is what confuses me about your boss, fabulous_muscles, since I know you work in New York.

Also, did you go to Buffalo Exchange today? I was there for like 5 minutes today, trying to find a new backpack.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 3:43 pm 

panda wrote:
My boyfriend is sleeping on his stomach right next to me and he just ripped the most horrid vegan fart ever about 3 feet from my face......well the second most horrid vegan fart ever, the first most horrid vegan fart ever actually belongs to my friend who let it rip in my car 3 years ago (it was so bad, I can remember what it smelled like 3 years later).

organarchy wrote:
fabulous_muscles wrote:

Same here. I have those puffy cupid/baby shaped lips/mouth, there's an actual name for it, I don't remember what it is....cupid's bow? I don't know, something like that, it takes a whole lote of effort to smile and I can't fake smile, I only smile when I'm laughing or really happy or something, not just walking down the street by myself or standing around. But people mistake it for a frown all the time. It drives me INSANE! Everyone comments on it and tells me to smile. I worked at a national retailer in the Bible belt/South/Midwest....we'll just say it rhymes with crapple........and they commented on it all the time constantly telling me I need to smile because I'm on stage....why the fork am I going to walk around smiling for no reason at all like I'm some crack head disney character? I'm from the North East you forks, we don't smile for no reason. People would come in who were from New York allll the time and immediately would walk up to me and the first thing out of their mouth would be, "WHAT is wrong with these people?" Referring to my co-workers who looked exactly like crackhead Disney characters smiling for no reason other than they're high on something and can't be trusted.

I grew up in the Bible Belt and this was a constant, day-in and day-out. For some reason, people seem to take offense to the fact that I'm not a forking daisy shining the sun out of my asparagus. And most of the time, I'm in a neutral mood; not necessarily ecstatic, but not necessarily pissed off either. Ugh. The bane of my existence.

Organarchists Unite

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15899 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 636  Next