| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15770 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 631  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 8:54 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Ughughughugh. My father-in-law went to see Brian's sister and came back with a birthday present for me. It's a wool bag, similar to this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheapandpl ... 286928552/ Which when I saw it, I commented that it was too bad it was made of wool. I was unsure if mine was wool or not (it's made from a sweater and feels iffy) and when I called and asked, she told me she thought it didn't matter because it's recycled. And indicated that me not accepting it would not be cool. I'm 99% sure it's a wool cotton blend (and isn't felt often made from wool too?). So, i'm scared to give it back and i'm scared to regift it, but i'm definitely not going to use it. The suckiest part is, i've given Lauri non-vegan Christmas presents that other family members have given me so I thought she knew better.

Oh, and she even showed Brian pictures and he helped pick it out, but he didn't think to ask what they're made of. So I feel extra dickish.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:03 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

I randomly gained enough weight to see it in my face. Laaame.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:36 pm 
Inflexitarian

I was out sick for three days (five including the weekend) and I came back to:
7 office referrals, 9 D Halls, a personal visit from the AP to talk to me about why I had to have kids removed from my classroom, broken computer speakers, no pencils, and markers that all had the caps off. Nice. Glad to know my students respect me enough to not tear shiitake up when I'm sick. Jerks.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:50 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

I realized today that I don't trust my husband completely because of my disorders. I told him this and he said he already knew. I asked him if he trusted me completely and he said yes.

That right there made me feel like a bisque. And the fact he sticks around makes me feel even worse.

Edited for spelling

Organarchists Unite

Vegan Sushi Roll Pillows & More!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:52 pm 
Joking!

thisheregiraffe wrote:
I randomly gained enough weight to see it in my face. Laaame.

saaaaaaaammme....except mine isn't random, mine is because I have been working every single day for a month straight and haven't had time to go to the gym. I also haven't had time to fill out and send in paper work to put my loans back in forebearance, discuss or execute business plans with a friend so that I can attempt to be more busy doing work that will actually pay me enough to pay my loans instead of have them be in forebearance for years like they have been, i need to do my laundry desperately but since I've been working all day and it's late and I have to be up early to go work at another client's I'm too tired and on top of it, I've actually been working since I got home from work, just on a different job and I'm still not done! AND after I'm done at my client's tomorrow after 6 hours, I have to go spend another 6 hours at another client's and continue working on the mind numbingly overwhelming job I was working on today! And thheeeeennnn the next day, which would have been my day off and the day I would have gone to three major classes at the gym, I will instead be, you guessed it, working, but this time for free! I don't even know why I agreed to that, I guess I was hoping it might lead to more paid work that no doubt would be underpaid. And since I still won't be done with mind numbing overwhelming job tomorrow night I'll be working on that either Saturday night or Sunday as well as all day Monday. Uuuuuuugggghhh. I'll never make it back to the gym, I haven't been since I've been working like this. And the worst part is that when I've had half a day off I felt like I needed to be working all day or else I'd be a failure or something.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:59 pm 
Married to the wolfman

Just feeling overwhelmed and crabby today. I have friends coming to visit tomorrow and I am REALLY excited about seeing them but feeling really down about the state of my house and my physical appearance and stuff. It's like PMS, except my period just ended. Yaaaaay hormones.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:25 pm 
Dildo Queen

saturday's date being postponed

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 11:42 pm 

semiautomatic wrote:
saturday's date being postponed

Aww I'm sorry :(

Organarchists Unite

Vegan Sushi Roll Pillows & More!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:59 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Watching my boyfriend and our roommate play Black Ops all forking day argggh. Video games are lame, especially when they are all loud and killy

Gumboots & Cats Facebook Page
http://www.gumbootsandcats.tumblr.com/
http://www.gumbootsandcats.blogspot.com/
http://www.gumbootscatsvegansnacks.wordpress.com/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:48 am 
Lime and a Coconut

Going to a shitty temp job that was underpaid, filthy, selling useless shiitake to people that didn't want it, spied upon with phone lines and video cameras, and sitting in an uncomfortable broken chair.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:52 am 

I accidentally wrote my rent check for the wrong amount. Found out today when I got a late notice for the remainder, and had to pay a $40 late fee. Such an annoying/expensive mistake.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:18 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I had a bad nightmare last night and I'm about to go to bed again but I still have that creepy feeling.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 5:26 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

We found out that our car is (to use a technical term) forked and we need a new one. It's kind of good and bad news. Bad because I like the car and it's annoying to have to get the money together for a new one, but good because YAY SHINY NEW THINGS ARE FUN.

What was probably worse was that Boyfriend was going to pick me up from the gym on his way home from collecting the car from the... car inspecting place. I was all 'YEAH, I don't have to walk home so I can work out extra hard', which I did. As I went out to the carpark (sweaty and barely able to walk) to meet him I checked my messages and there was one from him saying that the car inspector guy had locked our car keys in a toolbox and gone home for the day. So I had to slowly drag myself the 1.5 kilometres home. And we don't have a car until Monday! I fully intend to frivolously catch buses to places I don't even really need to go, and then make the inspector guy reimburse me for my 'travel expenses' for the weekend.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:53 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Erinnerung wrote:
I got my ribs tattooed on Monday, so I haven't been able to wear a bra for the last few days. This is day four, and it's destroying my back. A flimsy bikini top isn't cutting it.

when i got mine done i wrapped that part in cling wrap so i could still wear a bra.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:20 am 
Bought $40 worth of Stonewall's Jerquee

My FIL asked me to make his GF feel comfortable at a family gathering because he hasn't had the balls to ask her why she went into my medicine cabinet and stole my medication. Oh but I am supposed to have a shitty time whilst the 'princess' goes about her business without a care in the world. So long as she isn't made to feel uncomfortable. Yeah right.
Rant ended!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:01 am 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

This is from yesterday, but almost fainting and then having a panic attack in class. boo.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:07 am 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

mrsbadmouth wrote:
Ughughughugh. My father-in-law went to see Brian's sister and came back with a birthday present for me. It's a wool bag, similar to this one: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cheapandpl ... 286928552/ Which when I saw it, I commented that it was too bad it was made of wool. I was unsure if mine was wool or not (it's made from a sweater and feels iffy) and when I called and asked, she told me she thought it didn't matter because it's recycled. And indicated that me not accepting it would not be cool. I'm 99% sure it's a wool cotton blend (and isn't felt often made from wool too?). So, i'm scared to give it back and i'm scared to regift it, but i'm definitely not going to use it. The suckiest part is, i've given Lauri non-vegan Christmas presents that other family members have given me so I thought she knew better.

Oh, and she even showed Brian pictures and he helped pick it out, but he didn't think to ask what they're made of. So I feel extra dickish.

Oh it's cute! Those situations are really tricky sometimes.

Thessaly wrote:
This is from yesterday, but almost fainting and then having a panic attack in class. boo.

Hope you're ok! I had a bit of a breakdown at uni yesterday too. Are you getting help for the panic issues? xx

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:20 am 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

Veglicious wrote:

Thessaly wrote:

Hope you're ok! I had a bit of a breakdown at uni yesterday too. Are you getting help for the panic issues? xx

Yeah, I am seeing someone for it. But usually my issues are specifically related to transportation so I hardly ever flip out in class! So I honestly can't tell if the almost fainting was legit and just followed up a panic attack or part of the panic attack itself. But I'm definitely going to bring it up next week. I hope we're both able to stave off further uni related stresses!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 11:06 am 
Dildo Queen

fupapack wrote:
Erinnerung wrote:
I got my ribs tattooed on Monday, so I haven't been able to wear a bra for the last few days. This is day four, and it's destroying my back. A flimsy bikini top isn't cutting it.

when i got mine done i wrapped that part in cling wrap so i could still wear a bra.

doesn't the tattoo need to breathe? i thought you couldn't wrap it once you took the bandage off.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 12:19 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I went out on a limb and was direct with the guy I've been seeing last night, trying to figure out where we stand.

I... I kind of want to cry.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:43 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

mrsbadmouth wrote:

My mom gave me a potholder last year made from some South American mammal (vicuña perhaps?) that was at some fancy gallery. I just stared. Seriously, it's been 10 years since I went vegan. It's the thought that counts, but I definitely feel your frustration in times like this.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:40 pm 
ol' garly cooch

Erinnerung wrote:
We found out that our car is (to use a technical term) forked and we need a new one. It's kind of good and bad news. Bad because I like the car and it's annoying to have to get the money together for a new one, but good because YAY SHINY NEW THINGS ARE FUN.

What was probably worse was that Boyfriend was going to pick me up from the gym on his way home from collecting the car from the... car inspecting place. I was all 'YEAH, I don't have to walk home so I can work out extra hard', which I did. As I went out to the carpark (sweaty and barely able to walk) to meet him I checked my messages and there was one from him saying that the car inspector guy had locked our car keys in a toolbox and gone home for the day. So I had to slowly drag myself the 1.5 kilometres home. And we don't have a car until Monday! I fully intend to frivolously catch buses to places I don't even really need to go, and then make the inspector guy reimburse me for my 'travel expenses' for the weekend.

car problems suck.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:56 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

This morning I thought it would be being able to hear the doctor "scrape" the serbacious cyst out of my neck, just below my ear *boak!*.

This afternoon I thought it was nearly being mangled by an arsehole driver.

This evening it may have been the phone call to say my father's cancer tests were positive (prognosis should be good if it hasn't spread to his bones).

I imagine it will be dying in some sort of horrific (but grotesquely hilarious) household accident before bed the way this day is going, you have my permission to laugh if it does happen tonight (I've sworn for years that this will be how I die).

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:32 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

Oh, fezza! Big, big, hugs!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 4:59 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Oh man, this day just sucks shiitake, it really does.

My 3 1/2 mth old nephew has had to be taken into hospital with a UTI. He has high temp, vomiting & diarrhoea. I feel so bad for my brother, having to take his baby to hospital within a couple of hours of finding out our dad has cancer. He's living with my parents atm and works for our dad so would be a lot closer to him than me (which wouldn't be hard tho!). His day is a whole lot suckier than mine!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15770 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 631  Next