| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16067 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 643  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:07 pm 
Dildo Queen

mushroom slave wrote:
semiautomatic wrote:
i went to the huge cemetery where my...friend and i used to drink and take pictures of statues and tombstones and stuff. i walked past all our old spots, and just...i don't know. the general memory of it all made me pretty sad. i'm better now though, i think. i'm home, about to look at all the pics i took today, and i'm drinking tea.

another bad thing about today: i have to prepare my presentation for tomorrow, fork that.

It could be that the spirits on the cemetery are feeling lonely or forgotten, taking them some drink on Nov. 1st might be a nice thing to do.

do you celebrate day of the dead?
i think it's just that he and i are no longer friends, i never see him around, and i miss him terribly. today rehashed a lot of memories and i guess it made me nostalgic, because i know that which i've lost will never return.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:33 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

semiautomatic wrote:
mushroom slave wrote:
semiautomatic wrote:
i went to the huge cemetery where my...friend and i used to drink and take pictures of statues and tombstones and stuff. i walked past all our old spots, and just...i don't know. the general memory of it all made me pretty sad. i'm better now though, i think. i'm home, about to look at all the pics i took today, and i'm drinking tea.

another bad thing about today: i have to prepare my presentation for tomorrow, fork that.

It could be that the spirits on the cemetery are feeling lonely or forgotten, taking them some drink on Nov. 1st might be a nice thing to do.

do you celebrate day of the dead?
i think it's just that he and i are no longer friends, i never see him around, and i miss him terribly. today rehashed a lot of memories and i guess it made me nostalgic, because i know that which i've lost will never return.

I know that feeling. I never know which will be stronger, the niceness of the good memories or the pain that followed. I'm glad you feel better and that the sadness didn't linger too long.

I don't celebrate the Day of the Dead in a strict manner, it's more of a combination from a few different cultures. Where I live there really aren't really any formal celebrations that I've found anyway. It seems to just be more of an excuse for people to get drunk and not an occasion for respect. I like to at least go give offerings to the ancestors. I need to really make sure I do this year, last year was so full of drama that I was late with my visit.

Writing!
"personal journey" blog

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:03 pm 
Dildo Queen

mushroom slave wrote:
I know that feeling. I never know which will be stronger, the niceness of the good memories or the pain that followed. I'm glad you feel better and that the sadness didn't linger too long.

thank you :)

mushroom slave wrote:
I don't celebrate the Day of the Dead in a strict manner, it's more of a combination from a few different cultures. Where I live there really aren't really any formal celebrations that I've found anyway. It seems to just be more of an excuse for people to get drunk and not an occasion for respect. I like to at least go give offerings to the ancestors. I need to really make sure I do this year, last year was so full of drama that I was late with my visit.

oh, right on. ...do you live in mexico?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:07 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

sassy has a lump on her back... =(

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:50 pm 
stop: can't. won't. don't.

my bff's dog has osteosarcoma. and she's far enough away that i might not get to say goodbye.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:22 pm 
Saggy Butt

hearing a bagpiper outside my class. well, at least it wasn't the leafblower like yesterday. god I hate my school. and now I have to hear the goddamn streetsweeper that's been going around the block for the last two hours. are leaves that damn bad? sometimes I wish I was deaf. or that I could just kill everyone who makes noise.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:25 pm 
Smuggling Raisins

My younger brother and I are no longer speaking due to him not being able to handle things in his life without using everyone in my family and treating us all like crepe. Then, on top of that, I find out that a friend is moving across the country for sure and found out through Facebook and not by her telling me herself after I spent months helping her through some tough times she was having.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:43 pm 
WELFARIST!

every table i had at work today complained to me about their food taking forever and then when they got it, they didn't like it. thanks, kitchen folks! i really wish customers would understand that i don't make their food and stop taking their shiitake out on me. ask to speak to a manager if you really have a problem! don't ruin some poor server's day just because you're a crasshole!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 5:33 am 
stop: can't. won't. don't.

i woke up thinking it was friday. it's not.
WORST MORNING EVER!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:10 am 
Dildo Queen

calcuhater wrote:
i woke up thinking it was friday. it's not.
WORST MORNING EVER!

at least it's thursday. imagine it was tuesday!
i hate waking up on sundays in a panic thinking "ahhh where do i have to be" and then i realise it's sunday so i can chill out, because momentary panic kind of wakes me up. usually i can fall back asleep, though.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:01 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

The ppk stopped working for me at home last night and I'm pretty sure it's only me so I can't even complain to understanding people.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:11 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

My friend has decided that her boyfriend is more important than our friendship. I am now officially friendless. : (

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:03 am 
Chip Strong

I got no sleep and have that horrible "I'm going to cry the next time someone tries to talk to me" feeling.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:10 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I go on R&R soon, and I am sick. For the first time all year. Pity party in my room, everyone is welcome.

"forking vegans" ~~linanil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:39 am 
Be afraid... be very afraid

Invictus wrote:
I go on R&R soon, and I am sick. For the first time all year. Pity party in my room, everyone is welcome.

Hugs and healing vibes to you!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:31 am 
Chip Strong

Oh God it morphed into a full blown panic attack.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 12:11 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Lixa wrote:
Oh God it morphed into a full blown panic attack.

Gentle peaceful hugs.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:34 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Oh god, I just ate 70% of a bowl of reheated risotto then noticed two cooked dead bugs in it. They look like bits of wild rice so I've probably already eaten like five. I'm too disgusted to look through it more to see if the ratio of eaten:non-eaten could be higher. How does this happen?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:39 pm 

Today is kind of a "meh" day, I've been feeling depressed since this morning. What IS this.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:39 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm going on 4 hours sleep, just got home from work and will have to put in another 3-4 hours of work tonight. I'm salaried so I don't get overtime pay.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:46 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

semiautomatic wrote:
mushroom slave wrote:

thank you :)

mushroom slave wrote:

oh, right on. ...do you live in mexico?

I live in Oregon... land of rain :)

Writing!
"personal journey" blog

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:44 pm 

I think my apartment has a flea problem. D=

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:24 pm 
Dead by dawn

lavegan wrote:
hearing a bagpiper outside my class

This would have been the best part of my day!

I almost started crying at work. Nothing terrible, just overworked and frustrated. I have a bunch of deadline stuff so I told the three people I work for that I'm pretty much out of commission for today and tomorrow because it needs to get done (like $20,000-in-potential-fines needs to get done.) Two of them get it, but one just kept coming up to my desk with stupid shiitake that he should be able to do himself. Nothing would make me happier than if someone punched his lights out.

Edit: check that. The worst part is that the offender just called me AT HOME at 8pm to fret about something that could have waited until the morning. I do not get paid enough to spend my free time dealing with someone I can barely deal with during work hours. I am in no way qualified to make such a diagnosis, but I am nonetheless 100% positive that he has untreated OCD and I can't imagine how his wife deals with him. Gahhhh!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:08 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

I'm just really really sad today.

I'm so very overworked and exhausted, and I think I might need to take a break from the politics and activism that take up every spare moment of my time but I don't know how to do that.

And I'm really worried about a friend who is having a really rough time and there's nothing I can do to help her other than to be there--but when I'm there I'm stressed out because I'm not doing the thousand and one things that are required of me.

One more week then it's reading break...I've just got to survive the next 10 or so days.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:46 am 
Dildo Queen

mushroom slave wrote:
I live in Oregon... land of rain :)

YOU DO?! you lucky forker. i visited portland this summer. oregon air is so...clean and pure. you live in a beautiful place.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16067 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 643  Next