| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 6:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16076 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 365, 366, 367, 368, 369, 370, 371 ... 644  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 10:23 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

If you do need stitches, there is a window of opportunity that is, according to some sources, possibly as little as six to twelve hours depending on the wound. If you can see fatty tissue, you might even have to have stitches at multiple levels in the skin. I did. Plus that was probably a pretty dirty wound, and a doctor can clean it properly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:16 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Thanks for the concern, guys. It's looked at, patched up, cleaned and under control, now. (but still hurts.)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:20 am 
Married to the wolfman

Just found out the factory my dad's worked at for almost 30 years is closing down next month. Working is pretty much what my dad does and... Yeah.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:54 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Dentist visit today. Definitely ruined my day. Ouch. :(
Also generally feeling down, rejected, misunderstood and exploited.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:05 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

So as I said up thread, I wrecked my bike, tore up my leg and am pretty much stuck in bed. I am supposed to leave for vacation with my extended family. It hurts to sit or do anything other than lie with no weight on my thigh. I expressed to my mom that, no even if i use a wheelchair at the airport I am not excited about flying across the country and hanging out with family for a week. I did not say I was not going, just that I'm not excited and I'm stressed out. It's not an unreasonable thing to say.
Just now she called again to say not to worry she has clothes I can borrow. Which does not actually help. It's just annoying. I don't really swear the same clothes as my mom. We are roughly the same size, but not at all the same shape. And the point is not that I don't want to pack; i am uncomfortable. I am grouchy. I don't especially feel like schlepping across help country to sit in a lounge chair when I could be lying in bed at home.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 4:15 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I'm homesick and debating moving back home.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:00 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

shingles right on my knee cap....cannot do yoga so it is a martial arts day...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:22 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

My feet are really sore and I missed my very first college class without even realizing it :(

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:02 am 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

My roommate's girlfriend ate my food. I thought it was my other roommate, but he swore up and down that he didn't do it, so we went through the trash and found snacks and packages that no one in the house eats. We realized that someone's been in here, and that the evidence pointed to only one person.
Now I STILL don't get to find out what kimchi dumplings taste like.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:44 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

GymClassZero wrote:
I missed my very first college class without even realizing it :(

oh noo! that sucks, but it happens a lot in first-year classes, don't sweat it TOO much depending on what kind of class it is (and what kind of uni), I would maybe e-mail the professor with an apology, explanation, and assurance that you will be in the class for the rest of the semester.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:16 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Opening a shampoo bottle (one of those nice essential oil blend organic blah blah shampoos) and at point blank range a big blob shot out and landed right in my eye. Lots of burning and trying to flush it out made it worse so Husband drove me to hospital where I had to get my eye flushed properly. Which is a most unpleasant experience.

The worst part was that the hospital tv had a cooking show and the cook closed with a quote from the obnoxious Anthony Bourdain. That "“life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living.” That's when I felt like vomiting.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:56 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

gnarls_baudelaire wrote:
My roommate's girlfriend ate my food.

Similarly, my roommate drank all my wine! All 4 bottles that I bought maybe a month ago. Glad they were all super cheap ones from Trader Joes (I keep the nice wine in my closet where there is more climate stability). I was looking forward to wine with my dinner last night though... vodka wasn't as satisfying.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:27 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

TurningVioletViolet wrote:
Opening a shampoo bottle (one of those nice essential oil blend organic blah blah shampoos) and at point blank range a big blob shot out and landed right in my eye. Lots of burning and trying to flush it out made it worse so Husband drove me to hospital where I had to get my eye flushed properly. Which is a most unpleasant experience.

The worst part was that the hospital tv had a cooking show and the cook closed with a quote from the obnoxious Anthony Bourdain. That "“life without veal stock, pork fat, sausage, organ meat, demi-glace, or even stinky cheese is a life not worth living.” That's when I felt like vomiting.

I had to get my eye flushed out at a hospital once too (bleach issue) and I've always wanted to know if it was done in the normal way... Because they put me leaning back in this chair, then had that basically contact lens thing attatched to a tube of saline solution probably, and they put it on my eye and then just let the water flow and left me there like this, with a small towel under my chin that didn't remotely catch all the water. So I left all covered in water.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:35 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Nice people offered me "vegan" chocolates (like, truffley things?) which were not vegan. I am so gassy now! Hugely uncomfortable. I should know better, but still. Still! The ladies at the chocolate shop knew what vegan meant, and were "sure" the dark chocolate truffles were vegan, and no. No, no, no. Unhappy sigh.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:51 am 
Seagull of the PPK

ugh TVV, i thought i was on the way to the hospital yesterday too- i was frying up garlic in olive oil and it spluttered and a drop went right in my eye. i freaked the hell out- but amazingly it wasn't hot by the time it got up to my eye. AMAZEBALLS.

Mars, Mr Torque had that done (alcohol or gasoline, i can't remember which) and that was pretty much how they did it. He was totally soaked. When I had to get my ears flushed out regularly i also usually left the procedure room looking like i had been through the car wash.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:27 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

My cat had a tumor removed from her chest last Thursday, and I just got the lab results back. Kitty has an aggressive form of cancer (adenocarcinoma) and the prognosis isn't good. The surgeon is going to consult with a local veterinary oncologist to see what they might recommend, but the cancer has already spread to her lymph nodes. They won't know if it's affected her lungs or other organs until more x-rays are taken.

I'm sad and upset about this, but Kitty is an old lady and I've had 9 good years with her. She is going to be spoiled rotten for the time she has left on earth.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:21 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Get her some iced tea and a porch! Or vodka and a foot, whatever kitty prefers.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:28 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i'm so sorry, bunniee.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:17 am 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Good thoughts to you and Kitty, bunniee.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:48 pm 

The person who was supposed to go to the fair with me ditched me. And not in a timely manner, either, so I missed seeing the parade. My brother was in it so he'll be disappointed. fork people who can't let you know what's going on! I could've forking gone and walked up with time to spare had they just let me know!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:32 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Mars wrote:
I had to get my eye flushed out at a hospital once too (bleach issue) and I've always wanted to know if it was done in the normal way... Because they put me leaning back in this chair, then had that basically contact lens thing attatched to a tube of saline solution probably, and they put it on my eye and then just let the water flow and left me there like this, with a small towel under my chin that didn't remotely catch all the water. So I left all covered in water.

I had to lay back on the bed flat, then a surly doctor put eye drop anaesthetic then did a pH test of both eyes (ouch).
The second doctor (looked like he hadn't completed studies) took out the hose and said "now where do I put this" then he hooked it up to a 1 litre bag of saline solution and the end of the hose had a skinny nozzle attached. A nurse held my lower lid down while the doctor held the nozzle about one centimetre away. They got me this huge useless bowl which did nothing apart from tipping the water back in to my ear so I asked for a towel which ended up saturated.

Surly doctor came and flipped my upper eyelid a few times, Husband said my eyelid was folded back over itself. You know how some kids do that at school to freak you out? Anyway, there was a fair bit of pressure with the solution being squirted in to my eye. When it was done I had another pH test. Then fluoro yellow dye dropped in to my eye so they could see if there was any damage by examining with some optical microscope telescope thingamig.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:08 am 

booberthefraggle wrote:
GymClassZero wrote:
I missed my very first college class without even realizing it :(

oh noo! that sucks, but it happens a lot in first-year classes, don't sweat it TOO much depending on what kind of class it is (and what kind of uni), I would maybe e-mail the professor with an apology, explanation, and assurance that you will be in the class for the rest of the semester.

Yeah, I felt like a total goober. It was my math class but thankfully I went in yesterday and explained that I'd thought I only had the class one time a week (wishful thinking). She was pretty understanding.

I know it's a little early for a worst thing, but I'm gonna go with achy feet again. This is subject to change after work if I've encountered a lot of rude customers.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:53 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Bursting into tears in front of a coworker who will surely take that as a sign of tears. And in front of the person I'm semi-supervising. (Arguing with said coworker over an issue that I normally don't get to emotional over). I'm blaming it on the fact that I just had a vacation visiting friends where a bunch of the friends are isolating themselves from everyone else/lots of miscommunication/really bad phone reception in the area lead to texts not going through AND I just moved into a new apartment that I'm worried about affording and haven't had a spare moment to unpack yet. Sigh. (Also, I have a bunch of stories to write/edit with close deadlines and I'm anxious about that too!)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:56 pm 
Inflexitarian

Pi. wrote:
gnarls_baudelaire wrote:
My roommate's girlfriend ate my food.

Similarly, my roommate drank all my wine! All 4 bottles that I bought maybe a month ago. Glad they were all super cheap ones from Trader Joes (I keep the nice wine in my closet where there is more climate stability). I was looking forward to wine with my dinner last night though... vodka wasn't as satisfying.

I love my new housemates. They all either don't drink or have such low tolerances that they pass out after a single glass, which means I can stock up on booze with near impunity.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:04 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I did something really sucky, and as a result my best friend is really mad at me. fork. I feel like crying! Argh.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16076 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 365, 366, 367, 368, 369, 370, 371 ... 644  Next