| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14817 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 366, 367, 368, 369, 370, 371, 372 ... 593  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 3:09 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

Oh, man. I'm sorry. I know how gut wrenching it can be to do wrong by somebody,intentionally or not. Hopefully a heartfelt apology or explanation will help ease your sucky feelings and help your friend move past any anger they feel over the incident.

Feel better!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:19 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

Man, I'm crushed. A 19 year old girl went missing in my area a couple of months ago. I've been paying attention to her case and eagerly hoping she'd be brought home safely, but her body was found by the river this morning. This really sucks.

So embarrassing!" -just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:00 am 
Married to the wolfman

I did something bad (but untraceable... No noteworthy traumatic event) to my back such that pretty much everything hurts. The base of my spine feels all tender and slightly swollen and I have pain all down one leg, right to my tingly toes. 1000mg ibuprofen = not even touching this. The only thing that is helping at all is lying flat on my back which I really can't spend my whole day doing.

The worst thing about this is, this happens to me probably once every six months or so and has for years, regardless of my lifestyle, my weight, my fitness level, etc. So not only am I in tremendous pain now, but it's a safe bet that I can look forward to the same damn thing in, oh, March or so.

This is not nearly as bad as some of the things in the last page of this thread but holy ow guys.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:26 am 
Bathes in Braggs

I know I complain about my roommates a lot, but last night...
I come home from work at 6.30 in the evening. Both of them and my friend are already well beyond drunk and still drinking upstairs, around my things. I want nothing to do with their yelling, slurring, and personal space invading. I watch my friend nearly knock over my acoustic guitar twice and nearly break the door of our kitchen cabinet. Thankfully, another friend asks if I want to hang out, so I leave. But not before one roommate drives to drunkenly rock climb (indoor), and the friend over screams at me four times, basically spewing pure loathing at me, cussing at me, and then being incredibly vulgar. I'm not a pearl clutcher, and I'm pretty rude, but shiitake. She also manages to have an asthma attack (of four people around her, I was the only one who didn't crowd her- I took her outside and found her inhaler) and a mental breakdown, as well as making out with my roommate. So I leave, finally. When I come home, my house is a mess, there is hair all over the bathroom, two of my guitars are not in their stands and I still don't know where one is, and my bedroom door is open and there's a chair in my bedroom.
Then tonight, I find my cat outside. She doesn't have a collar yet. They've been letting her out like its no big deal.

I need new roommates. fork.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:16 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Get out of there missdelaney!

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:15 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

P.S., my friend forgives me! :)

Also, yeah you hugely need new roommates, miss.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:27 am 
Discovered unobtainium

coldandsleepy wrote:
I did something bad (but untraceable... No noteworthy traumatic event) to my back such that pretty much everything hurts. The base of my spine feels all tender and slightly swollen and I have pain all down one leg, right to my tingly toes. 1000mg ibuprofen = not even touching this. The only thing that is helping at all is lying flat on my back which I really can't spend my whole day doing.

The worst thing about this is, this happens to me probably once every six months or so and has for years, regardless of my lifestyle, my weight, my fitness level, etc. So not only am I in tremendous pain now, but it's a safe bet that I can look forward to the same damn thing in, oh, March or so.

This is not nearly as bad as some of the things in the last page of this thread but holy ow guys.

Can you get an MRI? Tingly toes is a common indicator of a herniated disc. Physical therapy would probably help keep this from recurring. Or, at least, if they know where the problem is originating, they can suggest targeted stretching to help releve pressure on the nerve.

Feel better soon! I know what you mean about that pain too well. In the meantime, have you tried heat?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:42 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

what the fizzle. what the fizzle?!

So, recently, water crew cut out cable line. Comcast eventually fixed it.

This morning Comcast was doing something next door and CUT OUR CABLE LINE. They say they will get to it ASAP, which they think means Monday morning.

I have work to do for school. I can't do all my lesson stuff on my iPad.

How the FORK does a cable company cut their own forking line?! And then LEAVE after doing it instead of, you know, staying to fix it, or calling a crew who can.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 2:34 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Sunburn.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 3:50 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I just found out more of my friends are republicans than I thought.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:19 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Fork Comcast. They also cut the electricity to our lamp at the end of the driveway. We will be fined by the HOA if that isn't fixed right away.

But, now they say Wednesday evening between 5-7. We have no phone. My mom's brother has terminal cancer. We need to be in communication with family, especially over the weekend as my aunt has gone to Dublin to visit. Without our phone, we are cut off from all of them. We can't afford the enormous cell phone bill if we tried to use that.

This is less vital, but now I'll have to go to work Monday to prepare for Tuesday.

This is the SECOND time in a month our lines have been cut. This time it may be that our service was simply shut off by the Comcast crew at the box after they worked on something next door.

My mom is so upset and worried. She doesn't need to be cut off from her sister right now.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 7:55 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

My cell phone number gets changed when I add service to it. And my neighbor, who at first gave me the phone, wants to pay forty bucks for it. Think I'm gonna have to forget about the lap top and save up for a new phone first.

Worst of all (today really wasn't bad at all), a customer was incredibly rude today. Like it's not bad enough I work in a forking deli of all places, I have to deal with bisques, too. (That being said, I like being employed.)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 8:54 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

My aunt's in the hospital again. She's going to be moved to a convalescent home later in the week. She's not going to get better. We weren't really close but my mom...well, she could use any good vibes/good thoughts/whatever you've got.
fork alcoholism. Seriously.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:14 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I spent the day helping clean out my sister's place. Being realistic, my family knows that she will never live by herself again. It's just so hard to go through her stuff. I feel like I'm invading her privacy. I don't like deciding what is important enough to keep.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 9:25 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry fatcat and kilgore. Sending you all good thoughts <3

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:52 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

Within an hour, 27 bottles of wine met untimely demises.

First, a customer ran his cart into a display. This happens pretty regularly. The custies in our store cannot drive their carts to save their lives. When they drive that badly, I only hope they don't own a car. They do. I know they do because I ride alongside them every day.

/tangent

So seven bottles of wine were broken in that incident. About 5-10 minutes after we'd finished cleaning that up, I was standing at the cheese counter, talking to one of the guys over there when I heard another crash that could only be another display. I hurried over to the area where we have the pallet-drop displays (where the first had fallen), and saw that an entire column of another display had fallen to the floor. The boxes were mostly empty (it's all smoke and mirrors in the wine department 'cause we don't have the money to keep everything full), so when the bottom box of that column had been soaked in the first break, it weakened the box, and it wasn't stable/sturdy enough to stay up. That was another 13 bottles of wine.

We did some preventative measures to the other displays in the area that were affected by the two spills, and took down the second display because it was too unstable. We, again, had just finished cleaning that display up, and I was walking some boxes back to the compactor when I heard ANOTHER crash. One of the newer cheese guys was building a display on a table that's surrounded by some wine, and a 25lb wheel of cheese somehow fell over and crashed into one of the little stacks of wine there. There went another 7 bottles.

Like, really? Really? REALLY??? I've worked in the wine department for over a year, in Specialty for almost three, and for WF for 4.5. I have NEVER seen a day with this much loss. Even when the drunk guy straight-up ran his cart into a display at the old store and bottles flew 15 feet in the air (it was a sparkling wine--lots of pressure), we didn't lose this much wine.

Anyone know any anti-curse spells? I'm only half joking. Some of the other Specialty kids were joking that the guy who just got fired somehow cursed us. The last week or so since his departure has been such a shitshow with all kinds of crazy, so I'm inclined to believe it.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 12:00 am 
Discovered unobtainium

What are your store aisles like?

I was in a WF two weeks ago and could not go down several aisles because the end cap crepe blocked the aisle openings enough that mobile carts could not proceed. I couldn't even get to the fridge case to get tofu. They had wine and cheese displays blocking the aisle bnext to produce, so I couldn't get in there either.

It was pretty horrible; I won't be returning.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 1:39 am 
Shopped till she dropped

LW, I'm really, really sorry that happened to you. Is there another WF nearby that's easier for you to navigate? If you ever find yourself at that store again out of necessity, stop by the customer service desk and ask for someone to give you a hand in some of those areas. There's always someone around who would be happy to help. As a company, WF is building larger and larger stores, so those spacial constraints are lessening. The older, smaller locations try to shove too much into too small a space because customers who also shop at some of the bigger, newer stores have come to expect the same variety at every location.

Even my store, which at 80k square feet is the third largest in the company, has space issues in some departments. As such, our aisles are pretty wide by WF standards. The pallet drop area was perfectly navigable until the spring when Whole Body took over some of the space for racks of various cooking and grilling tools. Now, it's a little trickier to maneuver, but still doable. Team members use carts that are longer and wider than the regular grocery carts to move product around, and we all manage okay, but customers still run into things all the time. Then again, if team members knock something over, we're the ones that have to clean it up, so we learn to drive carefully pretty fast. Customers who use the motorized carts are generally much more cautious of running into things since they're typically unfamiliar with the controls. The customers with regular buggies bolt through the store like they're running for their lives, or they're on Super Market Sweep.

The whole situation (at least in the pallet drop area) could really have been avoided if we had a large enough budget to keep more wine inside the stacks. The one that tipped over only had two bottles in every box underneath, but the tray cuts on top were full. That makes the whole thing precariously top-heavy. The buyers have a tough balancing act: build impressively large displays appropriate for the size and reputation of our store, while still keep a large selection of wines on the shelves with a really limited budget.

I'm going to take a look at those Whole Body racks tomorrow and see if I can rearrange them so they are easier to avoid. The last two hours of my shift were so damn comical, because this NEVER happens. We probably don't even break one bottle per day, so to have lost over 2 cases of wine in an hour was so ridiculously shocking.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 2:18 am 
Discovered unobtainium

This was a small store, but the only one a reasonable stop on my drive home from work. I won't be going again. I'm not asking for help in every damn aisle. I know space is tight, but they have created a hostile environment for anybody with mobility issues.

Normally, I don't need a cart in a smaller store, but on my way home from work, I can barely walk.

One of the Krogers I used to live near did that also, though worse. Every aisle was full of cardboard displays so shopping was impossible.

Can't you fill the empty boxes with some weights or something to give support?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:18 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I've another week off work but I'm already in a state of panic at the thought of going back. :(

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:39 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Worst hangover of my life yesterday. Didn't think I had that much to drink on Friday, but apparently I was wrong. Yesterday was awful. I spent half the day sleeping, the other half in the bathroom. Couldn't even keep a sip of water down. I always swear I'll never drink again, then conveniently get social-related hangover amnesia.

Today is mostly better. Mostly.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:27 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

argh, I just got a call from my dad who told me in a really forking matter-of-fact way that my grandmom had congenital heart failure and was in the hospital from wednesday to saturday and that she is now on oxygen and unable to live on her own anymore. That is really forking terrifying because she has had a quintuple bypass, and a triple bypass already and she is in her 80's and has a lot of medical issues and she was in the hospital for something as serious as heart failure (which she is in bad enough shape after that she's going to have to go live with my aunt) and NOBODY forking THOUGHT TO MENTION IT TO ME. fork. I AM JUST REALLY WORRIED AND ANGRY BUT MOSTLY WORRIED. and my dad was so forking nonchalant on the phone about having to "look in to some assisted living" and "understanding that she is old, and that this is the beginning of the end" and fork. forking fork I COULD JUST PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE. fork. She was around when he wasn't and they have no right to withhold information like that, fork.
ugh, and I know he's worried of course and can't help how he is but I am just so irrationally worried that she is going to die and I won't find out until I stumble in on my family sitting shiva.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:41 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

booberthefraggle wrote:
argh, I just got a call from my dad who told me in a really forking matter-of-fact way that my grandmom had congenital heart failure and was in the hospital from wednesday to saturday and that she is now on oxygen and unable to live on her own anymore. That is really forking terrifying because she has had a quintuple bypass, and a triple bypass already and she is in her 80's and has a lot of medical issues and she was in the hospital for something as serious as heart failure (which she is in bad enough shape after that she's going to have to go live with my aunt) and NOBODY forking THOUGHT TO MENTION IT TO ME. fork. I AM JUST REALLY WORRIED AND ANGRY BUT MOSTLY WORRIED. and my dad was so forking nonchalant on the phone about having to "look in to some assisted living" and "understanding that she is old, and that this is the beginning of the end" and fork. forking fork I COULD JUST PUNCH HIM IN THE FACE. fork. She was around when he wasn't and they have no right to withhold information like that, fork.
ugh, and I know he's worried of course and can't help how he is but I am just so irrationally worried that she is going to die and I won't find out until I stumble in on my family sitting shiva.

I've experienced something similar and it doe smake you want to punch them in the face. So, so, sorry Boober.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:43 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Boober, I'm so sorry. My thought is that maybe your dad's nonchalance is sort of his own self-defense? It's still not very considerate of him to speak to you that way.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:00 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

kilgore trout wrote:
Boober, I'm so sorry. My thought is that maybe your dad's nonchalance is sort of his own self-defense? It's still not very considerate of him to speak to you that way.

oh it TOTALLY is a self-defense thing and I get it because in many ways I do the same thing and I know he is insanely worried and I really am empathetic, she's his mother and he loves her and it is really hard for him (as well as all of us) to see her in a weakened state because she is at her core an incredibly stoic person. I really am worried about him and my aunt as well as my grandmom.

HOWEVER, I am extra touchy with him in this regard because of our history, and the fact that my grandmom was completely and unconditionally supportive of me during a time where he was essentially absent and I just feel like, of all the people to be deciding what information I do or do not get it should not be him.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 14817 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 366, 367, 368, 369, 370, 371, 372 ... 593  Next