| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:14 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 373, 374, 375, 376, 377, 378, 379 ... 617  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:30 am 
Saggy Butt

Getting soaked through to my underwear and parking my car in a really deep puddle so my shoes got soaked. Also think I was given a dairy version of a raspberry smoothie that was supposedly dairy free. The guy seemed new and confused and now I feel so sick and can't think of any other reason why. :(

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:51 pm 
Dead by dawn

Feeling sorry for myself. I'm still in "recovery week" from my race so all I had assigned today was a one hour walk/hike. Every time I trail run at Discovery Park, I see people running with their dogs and wish that I had a dog I can run with, so since today was just a walk/hike I thought I'd take Amos. Biker boy invited himself along a few days ago, which of course is even better. Then work shiitake came up this morning and he had to bag out on me... he's been working for 5 hours now and the day is slipping away. Amos and I went on our trek and it was fun but now I want some time with my boyfriend, dammit! Usually I can deal with how little time we have together because it's nobody's fault and we make it work, but sometimes it just gets to me. I haven't seen him since Tuesday and I miss him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:18 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

I think I'm getting my roommate's killer cold. :(

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:15 pm 
Dead by dawn

monkeytoes wrote:
Feeling sorry for myself. I'm still in "recovery week" from my race so all I had assigned today was a one hour walk/hike. Every time I trail run at Discovery Park, I see people running with their dogs and wish that I had a dog I can run with, so since today was just a walk/hike I thought I'd take Amos. Biker boy invited himself along a few days ago, which of course is even better. Then work shiitake came up this morning and he had to bag out on me... he's been working for 5 hours now and the day is slipping away. Amos and I went on our trek and it was fun but now I want some time with my boyfriend, dammit! Usually I can deal with how little time we have together because it's nobody's fault and we make it work, but sometimes it just gets to me. I haven't seen him since Tuesday and I miss him.

forking 7.5 hours hunched over a computer, 380 minutes of it on a conference call and now his Sunday is ruined and so is mine because he's too tired and cranky to come over for dinner. He's cancelling poker night tomorrow night to spend it with me, but still... I know, I know... everyone's healthy, safe and employed (ha!) so this is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:17 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I went to a wake for the first time for a girl I knew and it was really upsetting. My mood spiraled from there and I'm having trouble feeling normal again.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:26 pm 
Dead by dawn

Sorry, GCZ, it's really... heavy... when a member of your peer group dies. ((hugs))

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:06 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Helicopters circling above, searching for a woman who is missing nearby :( Homicide police are now involved and it's not looking good. Very sad.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:54 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Day 3 of a high fever. My dr. was umimpressed when I told her it's 38c - but that's 4c higher than my average healthy temp (which I also said). Yesterday I fainted, and said I was too weak to come in so she told me to take 4x 2 paracetamol (?? how is that a solution?) and call her later. Minutes later, my period started. So now I have to manage bloody stuff on top of everything else I can't manage because I feel so crappy. :(

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:05 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Ugh, so sorry lutin. Period on top of fever sounds awful. :(

Yeah, it can sometimes be hard to get the GPs here to take you seriously. That said, Paracetamol does tend to lower fever, so as a start, it might not be bad advice. If it doesn't work, you can always call her back and request further investigation into the causes.

Big hugs, sweetie!

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:07 am 

lutin wrote:
Day 3 of a high fever. My dr. was umimpressed when I told her it's 38c - but that's 4c higher than my average healthy temp (which I also said). Yesterday I fainted, and said I was too weak to come in so she told me to take 4x 2 paracetamol (?? how is that a solution?) and call her later. Minutes later, my period started. So now I have to manage bloody stuff on top of everything else I can't manage because I feel so crappy. :(

Welcome to the Dutch medical system. I always say: expect to be sent home with the advice to take paracetamol and a long walk, unless you're pregnant or have aids/cancer.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:04 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Paloma wrote:
lutin wrote:

Welcome to the Dutch medical system. I always say: expect to be sent home with the advice to take paracetamol and a long walk, unless you're pregnant or have aids/cancer.

This is a bit dishonest and not the best thing to do, but when my family lived in The Netherlands, we always just fudged the length of time that something had been going on. For some illnesses, this might REALLY throw the doctor off and so it's not a good idea, but if I had an ear infection, for example, I'd say it'd been there for a week or a week and a half instead of just 4-5 days, since I had a history of having difficult ear infections that didn't just clear up on their own. I was tired of being blown off and being miserable for another 2 weeks before being taken seriously.

Again, this is NOT MEDICAL ADVICE... Haha.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:42 pm 

My college sent me a letter saying they have no record of my completing secondary school, and I feel like shiitake anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 12:53 am 
Married to the wolfman

Food poisoning. To the extent where even though I dragged myself to campus and got through my first class, there was no way I was going to get through my second one. Which is three hours long and meets only once a week. Sigh.

The bus ride home was half an hour longer than expected and someone crammed in next to me and the whole time I'm thinking sweet vegan jesus, please let me just get home without shiitake-ing myself. (I did.)

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:10 am 
Seagull of the PPK

COLD SNAP

i was outside in the rain last night trying to cover my blooming tomatoes, my baby chard, my baby okra, peppers, etc. "mass of polar air" gave us 2C temps last night. holy crepe. supposed to be just as bad tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:44 am 
Cranky

Caught a cold and my throat is killing me. It's not surprising given all the stress I'm under, but I only just "earned" a sick day and I may need it for a stealth interview soon so I can't call in sick.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:58 am 
Like Anal, But Backwards

Pretty sure I didn't get a job I interviewed for.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:57 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

coldandsleepy wrote:
Which is three hours long and meets only once a week. Sigh.

i have a class like this, and i've missed 2 so far.
related, it's the second week of feeling like i just want to stay in all day and eat and sleep and i don't know if i'm justified or if i should force myself (i went out yesterday and could barely climb the small step on to the bus, so... i don't know!).

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:52 pm 
Chip Strong

got passed on a promotion...again

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:39 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Stupid ragweed pollen is making me feel horrible. I took an allergy pill earlier and it isn't doing much good.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 2:13 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Ugh, ragweed sucks! I no longer live in a ragweed area, but it used to make my life miserable for several months of the year. My sympathies to you, bunniee.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:02 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

After throwing up all my food last night, I want to eat the world's biggest breakfast. Unfortunately, I don't think my stomach could handle it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:51 am 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

I have the cold of death, care of my roommate. I walked halfway to the train to go to work today and was so exhausted I just turned around and came home.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:40 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

I rarely get sick, so when I do, I'm the biggest baby of all the babies. This is a weird one, too. It's manifesting primarily as body aches. I have no energy, am completely spaced out, and can't get comfortable because everything hurts. I have a slight tickle in my throat, and my nose is pretty clear.

And I have to count inventory tonight, from 6pm to 2am. I'm scheduled to count the wine stacks, which involves lugging case after case after case of wine around and rebuilding when I'm done. If I could, I'd call off. Ugh. Ugh. UGH.

And I really want toast, but all the bread we have is just meh. I could make good bread, but that would take at least 2 hours.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:51 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

TurningVioletViolet wrote:
Helicopters circling above, searching for a woman who is missing nearby :( Homicide police are now involved and it's not looking good. Very sad.

Is that the Irish girl? They arrested someone. It is all over the papers and radio here.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:24 pm 

I had my four wisdom teeth removed, and while the whole thing went better than expected, I puked twice after taking a percocet. It made my teeth and jaw hurt so bad!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 373, 374, 375, 376, 377, 378, 379 ... 617  Next