Post Punk Kitchen Forum
http://forum.theppk.com/

What was the worst thing about your day?
http://forum.theppk.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=282
Page 382 of 738

Author:  daisychain [ Wed Oct 10, 2012 5:55 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

I'm fine now fizzgig. Once I'm not in work I'm not as stressed out. I saw my doctor today who has me certified off of work for a while. I need to just work up the courage to ask for a move from where I am working now. The constantly bisque-y remarks about my sick leave is really wearing me down.

Author:  8ball [ Wed Oct 10, 2012 6:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

I can empathize with you daisychain. I've been off work for the last two weeks and am feeling much better for it. I'm also applying for new jobs while I'm off.

My worst thing was having a sneezing fit whilst eating spicy minestrone. My sinuses sting.

Author:  ijustdiedinside [ Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:57 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

Using a bent paperclip to gouge all the hair out of the sink drain. I almost barfed even though half of it was my hair!

Author:  Pi. [ Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

Laryngitis. I'm not good at being quiet, but it seems better to follow the dr's advice and not talk than to strain everything to get a few sentences whispered.

Author:  celine [ Wed Oct 10, 2012 9:30 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

ijustdiedinside wrote:
Using a bent paperclip to gouge all the hair out of the sink drain. I almost barfed even though half of it was my hair!


Nothing makes me gag quite like looking at wet bundles of hair does. Although now I have to go use your bent paperclip trick to go mind my own sink. Joy to the world...

Author:  torque [ Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:28 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

shiitake shiitake shiitake. when i was working this morning (and in the zone) when i went to make my tea i noticed that there was a caterpillar in the compost bucket (in the kitchen). I went back to work in my home office.
Now that i just finished my project and can think straight again, i went in the kitchen again and the caterpillar is gone. Can't find him.

This is not an ethical problem but a physical danger. Here in Brazil many of the caterpillars are venomous, and just brushing against one can put you in the hospital (or kill you). I don't know what I was thinking looking at the little forker and not throwing him outside ASAP. He doesn't look like the horribly terrible ones but I have a treat-all-caterpillars-like-cobras policy.
[funny enough, i almost put my hand right on one of the horribly terrible ones recently while picking mulberries, it was on the forking berry. close call.]

Author:  coldandsleepy [ Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

Oh yikes torque. I hope you find the little mustard and get him out.

I was getting breakfast ready for my kid and thinking about nine million things at once and reached in front of the electric kettle... Which had just boiled. So now I have a huge steam burn on my arm. It's 8:30 and I hope this is the worst thing that happens today.

Author:  vijita [ Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:34 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

My boss is back after a blissful week of having her away. I actually like her, but whenever she comes back from days off she goes on a cleaning rampage which is actually very invasive, and cleaning is not my forte. And she makes me feel like I'm not doing my job properly because when I'm really busy I tend to let less-important things slip, but really she just doesn't understand that I am prioritizing what I KNOW matters, using my own intelligence. Ugh, micro-managers.

Author:  ijustdiedinside [ Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

sorry, vijita! that's super annoying. i've worked for a few micromanagers and it's the worst. it just makes it feel like they completely do not trust you to do your work and what's worse, usually those people do not realize at all that THEY are the ones with a problem.

Author:  Wallace22 [ Wed Oct 10, 2012 1:47 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

Tonight I have my first date in years. Literally, years. And I just got my first cold sore in a year. Whyyyy?!?!?

Author:  cornflowers [ Wed Oct 10, 2012 3:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

I had to ring for an ambulance for one of my team. She's okay but I never want to see anyone blue and gasping again.

Author:  Bun [ Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

I talked to the people who offered me the job today and I would make about 200 Euros less a month. I'm going to have to turn it down. :(

Author:  pandacookie [ Wed Oct 10, 2012 4:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

celine wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:
Using a bent paperclip to gouge all the hair out of the sink drain. I almost barfed even though half of it was my hair!


Nothing makes me gag quite like looking at wet bundles of hair does. Although now I have to go use your bent paperclip trick to go mind my own sink. Joy to the world...

small crochet hooks work well, too.

Author:  fatcat [ Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:24 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

I lost a trial today. It's not the actual loss that bothers me, rather the feeling that I let the victim down because I didn't get justice for her.

Author:  GymClassZero [ Wed Oct 10, 2012 7:27 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

Insurance is pending on my jaw surgery, so it's pushed back. Not a whole lot, it'll still be this month or early next month, but come on. The surgeon's office called me demanding I pick one of three dates right away and now this. I'm as prepared as I'll ever be and I just want it done.

Author:  vijita [ Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:36 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

ijustdiedinside wrote:
sorry, vijita! that's super annoying. i've worked for a few micromanagers and it's the worst. it just makes it feel like they completely do not trust you to do your work and what's worse, usually those people do not realize at all that THEY are the ones with a problem.

It's so true! And thank you. I actually had a great talk with her today, and I'm being gently assertive with the micromanaging. We talked a lot about some personal stuff and it made me realize once again that her sporadic hyper-managing behaviour is set off by something completely unrelated. I think I can work with this, as she really is a well-meaning person.

Author:  celine [ Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

pandacookie wrote:
celine wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:
Using a bent paperclip to gouge all the hair out of the sink drain. I almost barfed even though half of it was my hair!


Nothing makes me gag quite like looking at wet bundles of hair does. Although now I have to go use your bent paperclip trick to go mind my own sink. Joy to the world...

small crochet hooks work well, too.


I was all set to try the bent paperclip method first, problem is I can't even remove the stopper from the sink. It's like it was super-glued in there somehow, and I ran out of super-strength a long time ago. This is why I usually let the fine maintenance folks do that stuff for me. (That, and I'm a wimp. Last time they dropped by to work on the bath tub, even the bad-ass dude was gagging at what he removed from the drain.)

Author:  celine [ Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:40 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

cornflowers wrote:
I had to ring for an ambulance for one of my team. She's okay but I never want to see anyone blue and gasping again.


That sounds awful! I'm glad she's okay now though.

Author:  baps [ Thu Oct 11, 2012 4:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

drain hair is forking gross. just thinking about it is making me gag a little!

Author:  fisticuffs [ Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:54 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

I'm going to have a big fight at work. My boss will probably get involved, and I have my period so tears are a given. Also, if it doesn't happen today or tomorrow I'm going to be fretting all weekend about it, which I hate.

Author:  kfad [ Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:43 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

I woke up with an incredible amount of aches and pains. My stomach is killing me. Stress sucks.

Author:  paprikapapaya [ Thu Oct 11, 2012 8:52 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

Because of my severe panic disorder, last Friday my cubicle in our new office space was moved to another space that's a little more private, that faces a corner as opposed to facing outwards to an open concept room. I had the medical centre involved and my boss on board. I just overheard this 55 year old male co-worker who has been an absolute douchenozzle to me so many times, commenting to someone that he's going to start a lottery about where I'll move next. It's really insensitive, and it makes me feel ashamed of having a mental illness, when part of my illness is being afraid of making a fool of myself/making a scene, and then I overhear a co-worker commenting on my needing to move.

Author:  pandacookie [ Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:45 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

Do you make note of these things and bring them up with your boss? You should start calling him on every inappropriate thing he does. Fight back.

Author:  fezza [ Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:51 am ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

fatcat wrote:
I lost a trial today. It's not the actual loss that bothers me, rather the feeling that I let the victim down because I didn't get justice for her.


Sorry fatcat <3 xxx

Author:  daisychain [ Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: What was the worst thing about your day?

paprikapapaya wrote:
Because of my severe panic disorder, last Friday my cubicle in our new office space was moved to another space that's a little more private, that faces a corner as opposed to facing outwards to an open concept room. I had the medical centre involved and my boss on board. I just overheard this 55 year old male co-worker who has been an absolute douchenozzle to me so many times, commenting to someone that he's going to start a lottery about where I'll move next. It's really insensitive, and it makes me feel ashamed of having a mental illness, when part of my illness is being afraid of making a fool of myself/making a scene, and then I overhear a co-worker commenting on my needing to move.


*massive hugs* Have you said anything to your boss about this person's comments? I understand how difficult it is to be working with knobs and having a mental illness xxxxxx

Page 382 of 738 All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/