| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 10:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 383, 384, 385, 386, 387, 388, 389 ... 617  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 2:03 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I realized today that the illness I'm suffering from really is chronic, which means that it will never ever truly go away. I always thought that I'd be cured if I just wanted it hard enough, took all precautions like faithfully taking my medicines etc. I did get better since I started treatment this spring, but over the past months the progress slowed down and probably even halted fully. Also, I keep having fallbacks, which make me really sad and disappointed. I wanted the line of progress to continue, so I would be cured fully at some point.

But that's not going to happen. Ever. My illness is here to stay and all I can do is learn how to let it affect my life as little as possible. I have to accept that it will never go away, and that is a hard truth.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 4:45 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

choirqueer wrote:
I'm not going to abandon my best friend just because hir mental illness is hard to deal with. Yeah it's sucky and stressful, but sometimes sucky stressful stuff comes along with having friends, and ze's been there for me through some pretty forked up times too.

You win top lovely person of the day award!

For what it's worth, I've been the hard-to-deal-with person before and I do appreciate what my friends who were there for me did, and it did make a difference.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 7:55 am 
So Totally Yiffy

Woke up with a Hangover....*blarhnargfurenburgers*

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:05 am 
Semen Strong

CQ wrote:
I'm not going to abandon my best friend just because hir mental illness is hard to deal with. Yeah it's sucky and stressful, but sometimes sucky stressful stuff comes along with having friends, and ze's been there for me through some pretty forked up times too.

Definitely! But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't get support. My only suggestion was that you take care of you, because you mentioned being actively panicking.

You are a wonderful person, CQ, and you give a ton of positive energy and light to those around you. Just remember to keep yourself fueled and healthy :)
^^^^^said with love^^^^

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:13 am 

I am kind of upset by a recent thread on this forum. Remember kids, you can't make an informed judgement unless you have all the relevant information. Anything else is assumption and prejudice.

The battle for equality must be won by all sides.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:24 am 
Semen Strong

Gulliver wrote:
I am kind of upset by a recent thread on this forum. Remember kids, you can't make an informed judgement unless you have all the relevant information. Anything else is assumption and prejudice.

The battle for equality must be won by all sides.

Which thread? I think most of us are open to having our beliefs challenged, and I for one would really welcome your thoughts and input.

Its definitely not useful to be coming from assumption and prejudice even if the group is a power majority.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:41 am 

Tofulish wrote:
Which thread? I think most of us are open to having our beliefs challenged, and I for one would really welcome your thoughts and input.

Its definitely not useful to be coming from assumption and prejudice even if the group is a power majority.
I'm going to remain aloofly diplomatic on the principle of "least said, soonest mended", and I definitely thought twice about posting the above (and edited it several times).

I don't think it's a matter of changing beliefs here, I'm sure most of the comments were throw-away shows of support and sympathy rather than a call to arms. I just wish people would remember that whenever you launch an attack you create a victim and you should be pretty forking sure you have a watertight reason to put someone in that position.

On an unrelated note, both me and my boyfriend have forgotten our keys and are locked out of the house again because we are both eejits.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:00 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Tofulish wrote:
CQ wrote:

Definitely! But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't get support. My only suggestion was that you take care of you, because you mentioned being actively panicking.

You are a wonderful person, CQ, and you give a ton of positive energy and light to those around you. Just remember to keep yourself fueled and healthy :)
^^^^^said with love^^^^

This, exactly. You definitely are wonderful, and nobody would suggest that you stop caring, but don't get yourself irretrievably sucked into a destructive vortex.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:14 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

The dog eating cat shiitake in the garden, she forking stinks of it now, she also peed on the footstool during the night and barfed up the remains of yesterday's memory stick and a dye catcher cloth on the couch.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:18 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Good golly, Miss Poppy! She's been busy.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:20 am 
Semen Strong

Gulliver wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

I'm going to remain aloofly diplomatic on the principle of "least said, soonest mended", and I definitely thought twice about posting the above (and edited it several times).

Found it! Thanks for sharing your perspective. It looks like I'm not the only one who appreciated you sharing your point of view :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:23 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Tofulish wrote:
Gulliver wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

Found it! Thanks for sharing your perspective. It looks like I'm not the only one who appreciated you sharing your point of view :)

I agree. It also seems like most in that thread did appreciate the perspective.

It is easy for women to end up in a knee jerk reaction like that sometimes, so it is good to be reminded not to let that take over.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:32 am 
Semen Strong

lavawitch wrote:
It is easy for women to end up in a knee jerk reaction like that sometimes, so it is good to be reminded not to let that take over.

Any of us really. I also think that The PPK is one of those rare places on the internet where people are open to having their beliefs challenged, provided you do it in a non-trolly way. If you respect that we're all smart people, refrain from ad hominem attacks and explain why you think the way you do, most of us welcome different perspectives.

Its just really hard to be open to a new point of view if the person presenting is is simultaneously calling you an idiot :) (not you Gulliver obvs :) ). I've just been thinking a bit about trolls

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:42 am 
WRETCHED

Day 12 or so of shoulder/neck/upper back pain. The pain got increasingly better at day 5 but it seems stuck where it is at. Hopefully it'll go away soon.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:48 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I just found out that my brother lost his job. He has three kids, and his wife is taking a sabbatical from teaching (as the last little one was born in May and the oldest is not yet 5, she wanted to be with them).

There is no way I can help them at all. I sent him a couple of job openings with my company that are in his area (professionally as well as location). I just, I feel really gutted. I thought he was doing really well. I can't imagine how he's feeling right now.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:56 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Thanks y'all. <3 I talked to hir last night. I think ze is going to get some help now, or at least try. It's really hard to find competent care when you're transgender and/or have no money. But we'll see what we can do.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:15 am 
Nailed to the V

Paloma wrote:
But that's not going to happen. Ever. My illness is here to stay and all I can do is learn how to let it affect my life as little as possible. I have to accept that it will never go away, and that is a hard truth.

crepe, chronical diseases suck!!!! lots of empathy -and let me tell you how I admire your willingness to accept the truth and just deal with it the best you can!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:15 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

you know when you start cleaning the kitchen and then you realize how dirty everything actually is? Like when you clean the stove and then notice how gross the wall next to the stove is and then you clean the wall and notice that the window is filthy? yeah... that.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 11:56 am 
Nailed to the V

It's official: I no longer fit into my old suits.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:16 pm 

Seeing the words "Of course we can't completely rule out FIP" in an email from my vet about my new kitten Olive's digestive issues. Of course it's in the context of reminding me that there are a lot of other things that are more likely. But this was how it started with Effie and now she's gone.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2012 12:45 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

Snot.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:44 am 
Seagull of the PPK

fork.

i was waiting for a large translation job. to be delivered this AM. i talked to client at 630pm last night, they would send it.
By 8pm, no document. I stayed online til midnight. Nothin. Sent them an email asking if everything was OK.
This morning I get up, the document is here, shows as being sent at 645pm.
Dr Google tells me to open up the details and I find that it got stuck.
Quote:
Received: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 20:18:38 -0700 (PDT)
Received: Thu, 18 Oct 2012 20:18:34 -0700 (PDT)
Received: by mx.google.com Thu, 18 Oct 2012 20:18:34 -0700 (PDT)
Received-SPF: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 03:10:24 UTC

glad i'm a friggin ninja otherwise i'd look like an idiot.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 6:28 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Yeah, wow. Good sleuthing, torque.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:24 pm 
Impressive boner

I need to remember that sometimes trying to educate people is not worth the effort involved.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:35 pm 
Bought KAPOP LOAF

Looks like we're going to have to start syringe feeding the cat since this cold has her refusing to eat. I just hope it works because vet says next step otherwise is hospitalization.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15425 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 383, 384, 385, 386, 387, 388, 389 ... 617  Next