| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 388, 389, 390, 391, 392, 393, 394 ... 618  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:29 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Last night I was out until 2 because HALLOWEEN WEEKEND and I obviously drank too much and danced a bunch and had lots of fun, even though the girl I have been crushing on was apparently there for two hours and we never saw each other and I was bummed but then she called me at 3 am which was super cute...wait, that's a tangent. Also I have a super bad cold. So I kind of slept propped up so I could breathe, and it didn't seem like I was sleeping in that weird of a way, but apparently I was because I woke up and I can't move my neck, at all, and it hurts so bad. And I'm congested and hungover.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 11:50 am 
Dead by dawn

j-dub wrote:
The bro-dudes who live upstairs are having a Halloween party with a DJ and a DANCE FLOOR. And they're planning to go til 2 or 3. I'm a grumpy (faux) old person at best, but I've also been sick for a week. This is forking balls. I'm headed to my mom's for the night, which is a pain in the asparagus but at least I'll be able to sleep before 3 am.

Ugh, sorry. Way worse than mine. I went to bed later than I should have (11:20ish) given than I had to be up by 6 to get to a cycling class by 7. Nothing was going on when I went to bed but my next door neighbors woke me up at 2, thumping their music and just hanging around outside, hollering. They must have been out at the bars earlier and brought the party home. I don't mind that they have people over every single weekend because I don't usually hear much, but why must they stand outside and shout?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:02 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

It looks like I need to find new friends to spin fire with, because the guy I had been spinning with apparently has a huge crush on me and shiitake keeps getting weird. I had really hoped we could get past that and still be friends and hang out, but found out last night that's not going to happen. Which really sucks, because fire spinners are so few and far between.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:22 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Louzilla wrote:
It looks like I need to find new friends to spin fire with, because the guy I had been spinning with apparently has a huge crush on me and shiitake keeps getting weird. I had really hoped we could get past that and still be friends and hang out, but found out last night that's not going to happen. Which really sucks, because fire spinners are so few and far between.

I have never spun fire before in my life, but if you teach me how, I'll be your fire spinning friend :D

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:23 pm 

My rehearsal is cancelled due to the forking weather. :(

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:25 pm 
Semen Strong

The anticipation of a night spent worrying about power going out and the basement flooding.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 12:59 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Tofulish wrote:
The anticipation of a night spent worrying about power going out and the basement flooding.

We need a thread for this.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 1:16 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I was removing a bird cage from my sister's truck and the forking bottom fell out. The bird flew away. and we ended up taking the dog, who is stressed beyond belief. I'm ready to leap off a building. That would feel bettee than dealing with this.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:33 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

bunniee wrote:
Paloma wrote:
1) Tons of maggots in the water filter of the scrubbing/mopping machine at work, which I had to clean.
2) Green projectile vomiting in one of the toilets at work, which I had to clean.
3) Clogged drain at work, which I had to clean. (I had to unscrew the entire thing and had to remove a mouldy dreadlock before the drain worked normally again.)
4) One of my colleagues took extensive pride and joy in calling me 'girl' rather than 'Paloma', kissing me hello instead of shaking hands like everyone else does, and in general ogling me and undressing me with his eyes.
5) I am under the impression that my medication is somehow off, which makes me feel sick and tired.

Boo.

What kind of hellhole do you work in?! It sounds truly awful.

I work as a cleaner/janitor in a small indie theatre three mornings a week. Which I really love and usually, it's not even dirty, let along nasty at all. (That's why we never need the big scrubbing machine, and therefore it took this long to discover the unexpected growth in the filter.) Anyway, this weekend there was a festival with alternative video art going on, and they had (unannounced!) a party on Friday. The festival has a sponsorship deal with a brand of gin, which handed out free gin tonics. (Hence the unusual projectile vomiting.) And our drain has been shitty for months, but I was never bothered enough to take the entire thing apart and fix it. But when I'm getting rid of maggotty puke water, I do want the drain to function, so I finally took it apart. Should have done that ages ago. :)

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 2:52 pm 
Nailed to the V

I WILL MURDER SUPERSTORMSANDY.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:16 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Myself.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:25 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

choirqueer wrote:
Louzilla wrote:

I have never spun fire before in my life, but if you teach me how, I'll be your fire spinning friend :D

It's so much fun! Fire poi is fairly easy to learn, much easier than hooping.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:31 pm 

Louzilla wrote:
choirqueer wrote:
Louzilla wrote:

I really would be totally up for this if you were willing to teach me!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:39 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I'm really sick of someone in my life not taking accountability for their own bullshiitake, and I don't really have anyone to talk to about it. I'm not really a confrontational person so I feel like I've been taking a lot of shiitake in the interest of avoiding a fight, which is likely going to lead to a bigger fight later on. Ugh.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:40 pm 

fisticuffs wrote:
Myself.

Aw. What's wrong?

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:49 pm 

kilgore trout wrote:
I'm really sick of someone in my life not taking accountability for their own bullshiitake, and I don't really have anyone to talk to about it. I'm not really a confrontational person so I feel like I've been taking a lot of shiitake in the interest of avoiding a fight, which is likely going to lead to a bigger fight later on. Ugh.

That sucks and I'm right there with you. I always hold shiitake in. I've gotten better recently by trying to say things in a way that isn't mean or aggressive (ie my two bosses were talking about how a part of my job may change drastically and I wasn't there for it so when I was talking to one of them later and he mentioned it I said "I don't really get why you were having the conversation without me but whatever" ...which I guess is kind of passive aggressive but he didn't seem to take it too badly and it made me feel better when he explained why.) Anyways, I totally love the "I feel this when this happens/etc" phrases and it's way better telling them they're forking up in a way that's not "You forked up, I hate it I hate it I hate it"

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 3:57 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

kilgore trout wrote:

*big hugs* I've had the same kind of crepe in the past too. I always get walked over for the sake of keeping peace and I somehow always come off the worst.

Seeing a dead seal or dolphin on the beach. Not sure which it was, I wasn't getting close enough to find out.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2012 4:00 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I had a bit of a rash on my inner thighs, but it got really itchy and I scratched at it. Now I have two massive, weepy rashes on my inner thighs. I have no idea what caused it. I'm gonna have to go to the dr to get it sorted. On the bright side, I just remembered that I needed to see my dr about getting a note for my epipen when I fly.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:35 am 
Chard Martyr

Louzilla wrote:

You need to move here! Poi is still SO popular here, and there is a good community of people doing it.

My worst thing was pretty gruesome. We have a lot of mice at work (it's a farm and they are seeking warmth for the winter), but one MASSIVE mouse set off the alarm a few nights ago, and the cops came, so our owner insisted that we put out kill traps (usually we just catch/release them). I was in the basement and I heard the loudest racket--it turns out the giant mouse's head was stuck in a rat trap (one that is supposed to "humanely" kill them instantly), and it was running around in circles with the trap on its head trying to get free. I put on some gloves, released the mouse, and put it in a bucket (I'm not gonna lie, it took some courage), but it was obviously very out of it, and just running in circles. My coworker and I went to the forest to release it (ie. see if it looks like it will survive, and if not, kill it), and it obviously had a broken leg, a bleeding head, and well, it was acting like it was going to die. My coworker told me to leave and he killed it with a shovel. SO forking SAD. Then we actually buried it. I know we made the right choices with the unfortunate situation but I feel so awful/sad.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:42 am 
Inflexitarian

vijita wrote:
Louzilla wrote:

You need to move here! Poi is still SO popular here, and there is a good community of people doing it.

My worst thing was pretty gruesome. We have a lot of mice at work (it's a farm and they are seeking warmth for the winter), but one MASSIVE mouse set off the alarm a few nights ago, and the cops came, so our owner insisted that we put out kill traps (usually we just catch/release them). I was in the basement and I heard the loudest racket--it turns out the giant mouse's head was stuck in a rat trap (one that is supposed to "humanely" kill them instantly), and it was running around in circles with the trap on its head trying to get free. I put on some gloves, released the mouse, and put it in a bucket (I'm not gonna lie, it took some courage), but it was obviously very out of it, and just running in circles. My coworker and I went to the forest to release it (ie. see if it looks like it will survive, and if not, kill it), and it obviously had a broken leg, a bleeding head, and well, it was acting like it was going to die. My coworker told me to leave and he killed it with a shovel. SO forking SAD. Then we actually buried it. I know we made the right choices with the unfortunate situation but I feel so awful/sad.

:( That made me sad too.

My worst is not actually that bad, up way too early with a massive hangover. (Can I call it a "hurricane hangover"?)

Follow me on Twitter: https://twitter.com/#!/GeekKnowledge

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 7:04 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

The dog rolled in another animals poo in the woods on our walk. I didn't notice and managed to get it all over my hands and coat when I leashed her back up when there was someone coming towards us. I was 40mins away from my car and I stunk. I was nearly gagging on the way home in the car.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:08 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Oh vijita, that's awful. I know you already know this, but it was the right thing to do. Poor thing.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:37 pm 

I'm watching a thing on BBC3 about "gay conversion" in the US and it's creepy. Nobody ever stops grinning. It's a mixture of genuine confidence-building work that is clearly making the men happier and more confident in themselves, with repeatedly being told they are mentally ill. People genuinely thinking they are doing good, both patients and therapists/organisers, and filled with nervous optimism and talking about tolerance as blind acceptance. It's a mixture of wholesomeness and genuine therapy (lots of the men appear to have some serious family and identity problems) with the attitude that same-sex attraction is a symptom of a mental health problem. It's very strange... Some of the therapy seems genuinely useful, helping people work through emotional issues... but you don't say somebody is mentally ill when they're not. It's like when they used to beat children for writing with their left hand...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 5:58 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Louzilla wrote:
choirqueer wrote:
Louzilla wrote:

I dunno, I gave up on fire poi after setting fire to my hair! I need to give it another go though, burning hair is no reason for quitting!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2012 6:08 pm 
Impressive boner

I was an absorbent shoulder for my lovely, wonderful sister this evening. She feels better than she did but I feel sad that she's hurting. She's awesome and deserves happiness.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15442 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 388, 389, 390, 391, 392, 393, 394 ... 618  Next