| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15739 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 390, 391, 392, 393, 394, 395, 396 ... 630  Next
 Post subject: Re: What was the worst thing about your day?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:02 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Simply_Love wrote:
I got ignored for WoW. Normally Tuesday is the night my boyfriend and I hang out, since during the rest of the week he's busy. But from the time I got home today, till about now, he's been in his room playing WoW. I'd like to think I'm more exciting than video games, but apparently not. Gah.

Man, I know exactly how that feels and it sucks. Especially when you don't get that much time to hang out with your boyfriend anyway, and then when you finally do he's just off playing wow.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 11:10 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

choirqueer wrote:
Louzilla wrote:
jojo wrote:
I dunno, I gave up on fire poi after setting fire to my hair! I need to give it another go though, burning hair is no reason for quitting!

I burned my hair the first time I ever played with my fire hoop, and it didn't stop me! Just made me start wearing a hat.

My hair's short! And grows back, too.

At the time mine was butt length & made of acrylic yarn! That shiitake burns easily! I need to try again now that I have normal hair & hats!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:14 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

UGH, BARF. The coconut milk in my fridge went bad, but I didn't realize it until I put it in my coffee and drank it. IT TASTED LIKE BARF AND ONIONS UUUUUUUGHHLAKSDJFLKAJSDF

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 2:57 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

We got a call at 6 am saying my boyfriend's mother had passed away.

She had been ill for several months, so it wasn't totally unexpected, but it's still very sad. She was in her 60s so relatively young too.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:18 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Mom is being a little grouchy with me and I'm not sure why.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:35 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm being stood up by my GED students. I need the money badly. Argh. Don't make me go home without getting paid for tonight.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 6:56 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Sorry to hear that, Limone. Hugs to you and your boyfriend.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:42 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

I can't manage to pill my cat. I've been dosing her with antibiotics for a week now, and it's such a battle no matter what. She spits out the Greenie's pill pockets, if I give her a straight up pill she has learned how to FAKE what swallowing looks like and no matter how long I hold her and clamp her mouth shut and massage her throat she will STILL chuck the pill out of her mouth shortly after being released. (I pill her before dinner and she gets a few treats immediately afterward, followed promptly by her dinner, so she gets rewarded if she takes the pill, but it's still such a fight!) I have so much external stress--work, personal life, so on--that this last thing is just pushing me over the edge and I've been spending basically every night of the last week crying because I just can't handle this frustration. I can't reason with her or make her understand, and it's making me feel terrible to make her so unhappy, but it's also pissing me the hell off. I'm getting unreasonably angry and I hate feeling this way. I'm losing my temper about EVERYTHING lately because I just can't handle all the stress in my life right now.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 9:47 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Aww. I know how you feel with the pet thing at least. The macaw can hold meds in his beak for, apparently, up to an hour. As soon as we relax our guard, he spits it out. Devious little buggers.

Hope you and your cat feel better soon.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:30 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Louzilla wrote:
Simply_Love wrote:
I got ignored for WoW. Normally Tuesday is the night my boyfriend and I hang out, since during the rest of the week he's busy. But from the time I got home today, till about now, he's been in his room playing WoW. I'd like to think I'm more exciting than video games, but apparently not. Gah.

Man, I know exactly how that feels and it sucks. Especially when you don't get that much time to hang out with your boyfriend anyway, and then when you finally do he's just off playing wow.

He's at it again today too... I told him I want to spend time with him, and I think he could tell I was a bit upset about it, so we'll see how this goes... I feel bad because he's playing with friend's who are back home (he's an out of state student), but I feel ignored when he spends more time talking to people who are a few states away then with someone who lives in the same apartment as him....

(Okay, so most of the time he's awesome and I probably shouldn't complain, but sometimes he's just poopy haha)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 10:34 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Darthcupcake, have you asked the vet about getting it compounded into a liquid? You'd still have to wrestle the syringe far enough back into the kitties mouth they couldn't spit it out, but it might be easier? I hope you find something that works for you :/

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 2:21 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I got a multi-paragraph text message from my mother to the effect that our furnace is shot and we'll have no hot water or heat for a while.
fork.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 8:31 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I'm just tired and really desperate for something extraordinarily good to happen soon.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:21 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I've been watching a friend's dog and cat for almost a week, going to her apt. to feed, walk, scoop litter, etc. She came home today and when I dropped her key off I mentioned that I had noticed her dog chewing the base of her tail a several times. She said, "Oh yeah, she has fleas. So does my cat. I have to figure out a better treatment."

WHAT? If I had known that I wouldn't have agreed to watch her pets. Now I have to treat my cat and my home. I think it was rude of her to knowingly expose me and potentially my cat.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:28 pm 
WELFARIST!

DarthCupcake wrote:
I can't manage to pill my cat. I've been dosing her with antibiotics for a week now, and it's such a battle no matter what. She spits out the Greenie's pill pockets, if I give her a straight up pill she has learned how to FAKE what swallowing looks like and no matter how long I hold her and clamp her mouth shut and massage her throat she will STILL chuck the pill out of her mouth shortly after being released. (I pill her before dinner and she gets a few treats immediately afterward, followed promptly by her dinner, so she gets rewarded if she takes the pill, but it's still such a fight!) I have so much external stress--work, personal life, so on--that this last thing is just pushing me over the edge and I've been spending basically every night of the last week crying because I just can't handle this frustration. I can't reason with her or make her understand, and it's making me feel terrible to make her so unhappy, but it's also pissing me the hell off. I'm getting unreasonably angry and I hate feeling this way. I'm losing my temper about EVERYTHING lately because I just can't handle all the stress in my life right now.

I'm so sorry DC that you're frustrated. One of my cats is impossible to pill and my solution is that my vet knows all meds have to come in liquid formulation. So far, I've been able to manage. Kizzy WILL NOT swallow pills, will not! I can't expose either of us to the trauma of trying again because I felt exactly like you describe after one harrowing session where the pill never did get down, either.

Before I started telling the vet liquid meds only, I was grinding up his pills and mixing with anchovy paste (not vegan, I know) and that worked, like once. And then he didn't fall for it again.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:19 am 
ugh

The baked tofu in my sandwich is wayyyy too salty but I don't have anything else to eat for lunch.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:24 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

seitanicverses wrote:
DarthCupcake wrote:

I'm so sorry DC that you're frustrated. One of my cats is impossible to pill and my solution is that my vet knows all meds have to come in liquid formulation. So far, I've been able to manage. Kizzy WILL NOT swallow pills, will not! I can't expose either of us to the trauma of trying again because I felt exactly like you describe after one harrowing session where the pill never did get down, either.

Before I started telling the vet liquid meds only, I was grinding up his pills and mixing with anchovy paste (not vegan, I know) and that worked, like once. And then he didn't fall for it again.

You can maybe ask your vet if they sell pillers. Long plastic doodads that help you get the pill right down to the back of their throat. Some people find them very useful.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:24 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

The heat in our apartment is still broken (has been since the weekend) and everyone at my work is being really annoying today.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:56 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

My pumpkin soup tastes like assbutts.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 12:57 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Gulliver wrote:

Schlurp!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:02 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Mars wrote:
Gulliver wrote:
Schlurp!
Don't be crude.

Anyway, I added lots of onion powder and some Maggi MSG-laden deliciousness potion and now it tastes tolerable.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:44 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

Apparently I was annoying enough on twitter yesterday that my request for someone to punch my uterus was met with glee from two of Brian's friends. I was uncomfortable but iffy on how much they were joking, but they both unfollowed me so I guess they weren't.

So that's awkward.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:52 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Wait, did someone actually punch you though? Are these people you like?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:53 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

No, they just responded with enthusiasm, favorited and retweeted each others tweets. SO IT'S PROBABLY JUST MY IRRATIONAL LADY BRAIN TALKING, but I found it upsetting.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:55 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Weird! Ugh, that makes me feel like, auxiliary awkwardness for you.

Hugs to people having bad worst things! Mine isn't that bad, just a work situation that is kind of confusing regarding losing a perk. Which is fine, because it's a treat, but like, one that made me really happy.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 15739 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 390, 391, 392, 393, 394, 395, 396 ... 630  Next