| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 16, 2017 12:30 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69
 Post subject: Re: the hair thread
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:38 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Moon wrote:
vixki wrote:
Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
You look so pretty in all 3 pictures, but I have to admit I like the first one best, so I was going to vote for no fringe. I'm not with your husband in that I don't like the fringe on you, just that I think that your face is shown to it's best without. And you don't have to hide your forehead, it's a perfectly good forehead!

Aw, thanks. I was always picked on at school with "fivehead" taunts so it's an insecurity for me. But yeah I think right now it's the awkward growing out stage that is annoying me!

Oh man, I got the fiveheads comment a lot as a kid! And although I didn't have bad acne, the one spot I did get it regularly was right in between my eyes. So much taunting! I still had some trouble with it up until the last year and a bit when I started shaving my sides and pushing my hair up and back. I feel much more coiffed with my hair out of my face now.

I have a very visible scar right there! I cannot recall if it's from chicken pox or acne but its a dead center dent. surprisingly one of the only super noticeable ones remaining!

eta: after using the filter to make my skin whiter so you can see the scars better in my dimly lit office I noticed that one of the scars from where I lacerated my cheek is in fact still visible.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2016 10:46 pm 
Who's Ted Leo?

Those look like pretty minor scars if you ask me. I have a chicken pox scar way bigger than that. Most faces acquire marks of various sorts. It just means you've lived a life worth living.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 3:42 pm 
BAD PASS

I don't like my hair anymore, but since it's a pretty dramatic undercut, I guess I gotta just chop it all off and start over, huh?

Thinking of doing something like this (but not platinum, because my hair refuses): http://trendy-hairstyles-for-women.com/ ... icture/141

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 12:13 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

It's a gorgeous cut. If you have well behaved hair you should go for it. I would end up looking like a porcupine struck by lighting, but I have hair with a mind of it's own.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:31 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I was going to get my hair done again with the deep plum, but the money needed to go elsewhere. If I wanted to do something like that myself how would I do it? I have zero hair skills.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 3:47 pm 
WRETCHED

LW, you have dark hair so what you do would probably only really show up in sunlight or bright indoor lights. I've never done self bleaching but I've done hair plumish before. Manic panic might have a color that would align with what you are thinking but I've never used them. But basically, get yourself some gloves, put some vaseline along your hairline, mix, apply, set timer and follow instructions. It is pretty easy to do.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 5:56 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I need a haircut so badly. All the ends are splitting where I haven't had it trimmed in about 2 years. Hairdressers are so scary though! I can't seem to build up the courage to sit in front of a mirror for half an hour.

Time to burn down the house and call it a loss. Because all the nope in the world - kfad
I'd rather eat ramen and drink tap water than live with other people - lavawitch

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2016 1:04 pm 
Total Hoover

Rosie wrote:
I need a haircut so badly. All the ends are splitting where I haven't had it trimmed in about 2 years. Hairdressers are so scary though! I can't seem to build up the courage to sit in front of a mirror for half an hour.

Do you have a friend or family member who could do it? I don't remember ever going to a hairdresser and am afraid of going now and being the weirdo who doesn't know what to do (and I'm too cheap to spend money on it). I get my partner to trim it and tell him to follow the waistband of my jeans; for a shorter cut it is useful to wear a shirt with checks or horizontal stripes. This obviously only works if you have a really basic, forgiving style though. (My mum asked me to trim her bob once and it went squint and I couldn't straighten it up, so she told everyone it was meant to look like that).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:01 pm 
BAD PASS

I cut it all off. I don't necessarily "like" it, but it was necessary if I want to grow it out evenly. Luckily my hair grows pretty fast, but it's going to take a few more trips to the salon before it's even, as it's basically still an undercut, just with much shorter hair on top. Ho, hum.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1709 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69