| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 10:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 877 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 36  Next
 Post subject: Re: the hair thread
PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2013 10:42 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

It looks lovely, starrynight!

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 1:17 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Guys, I'm currently waiting at the hair salon to get like 6 inches cut off. I haven't had my hair that short in 6 years. Starting to panic haha

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 9:58 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

DON'T PANIC it'll be awesome. Dramatic haircuts are the best.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 10:57 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I need my hair cut, badly. It's long and all one moppy layer. I also have wavy/curly/frizzy hair that needs to be left to its own devices, not straightened or coaxed into some other shape. I want something that keeps the length but makes me look cool again.

PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:56 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I'm having a really good hair day, but a really weird chin day. Of course, I'm getting my hair cut tomorrow, just when I figure out I can make it look like this. Luckily, my hair does not hold curl at all, so I'll be cursing it in about an hour when it looks like total shiitake, and then I'll be fine with getting it cut again.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 5:52 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

50's prom queen high ponytail is a LOOK for me rn.

also it's humid,
also look how long my hair is:

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 8:14 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

AP, this is super late now that I'm seeing the thread again and your hair has probably been cut, but just wanted to say what a great look for you! Love your hair.

Boober, you are too cute! Your hair is getting super long! (Also, I really love your lip piercing. It suits you so well!)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:03 pm 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

Ooh I forgot about this thread! I had a few great hair cuts while I lived in NH and it took me forever to find a stylist here, and I thought I found one but the last haircut she gave me is just not good. I hate hate hate it but I can't figure out how to make it better.

Current hair:

Hair I asked for (showed her a pic):

Other haircuts I've had and liked:

eta: I don't do my hair. I wash, condition, towel dry. That's it.

Also, what happens when a stylist gives you good cuts, but then flubs it? Do you trust them? Do you move on? My last stylist gave me a cut I loved and the worst cut I've had in years.

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:16 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I wish there was a way to speed up my grey hair. (I have adorable silver strands, and I just want my whole head to be silver.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 6:33 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

i like #3 appifanie!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 7:24 am 

fupapack wrote:
i like #3 appifanie!

2-4 are all great but i can't figure out exactly what i hate about this haircut so i can tell my stylist how to fix it. does it just need more texturizing/thinning? I really hate my current hair cut.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:33 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

i think it needs to grow out? looks like the shortest layers are too short and the bottom is too heavy?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 8:51 am 

yeah i'm torn between growing it and then getting it cut, and getting it cut and then growing it. I HATE IT. I have to pin up the bang area almost all the time because it hangs in my eyes and looks ridiculous.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:23 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I need my hairs cut! Like inches off. It's the longest it's ever been and I'm starting to get sick of it. I'm not sure if I should just get a few inches off or go almost up to my shoulder with it. It grows super fast and it's definitely driving me crazy having it this long, but I like how it looks!

Recent photo where you can see most of the length (I'm the blond). All the other photos I have my hair pulled up or braided. It's usually really straight, but I've been braiding it while it's wet and that leaves some texture in it. This is me with a lady in Guatemala who showed us all about chocolate!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:34 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Beautiful hair, pi. What about having it cut to the length that it is on your right shoulder in that pic, with long layers so that you can still wear it up or plaited if you want?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:41 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I just want to tell you to leave it alone because I miss my long hair. PROJECTING

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 9:59 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

appifanie wrote:
yeah i'm torn between growing it and then getting it cut, and getting it cut and then growing it. I HATE IT. I have to pin up the bang area almost all the time because it hangs in my eyes and looks ridiculous.

I'd just grow it all out for awhile, even though I know that sucks! But that way you have more options, and, I think, a better chance of getting the style you want.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 10:12 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Thanks! I love that idea Ruby Rose... that keeps it long-ish, but gets some of the weight and excess length off.

Haha, project away creep. I'll be keeping it long. I don't have enough funds to maintain a short cut nowadays and I hate the growing out stage. So it won't be getting cut above my shoulders.

I'll call my hair guy and get it scheduled. I've been putting off a cut for 2 months, but now it's really to the point where I can't stand it!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:27 am 

Ruby Rose wrote:
Beautiful hair, pi. What about having it cut to the length that it is on your right shoulder in that pic, with long layers so that you can still wear it up or plaited if you want?

i agree

Kiddo wrote:
appifanie wrote:

I'd just grow it all out for awhile, even though I know that sucks! But that way you have more options, and, I think, a better chance of getting the style you want.

probably! i'll try. i was considering getting it cut into another inverse bob with more texture and then growing. i might do that if i get impatient.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:57 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Appifanie, I think it's mostly because the bottom is too thick, and not enough layers. I think two and three suit you the best. I would just go and bring in the photos of the ones you do like, and tell them that you hate what you have now! No need to explain it much more than that. But do tell them about the pinning it up thing.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:36 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Mine is about the same length, Pi. I like Rubyrose's idea!

My hair is brown on top and black on the bottom few inches. But I just know that if I cut those inches off in one fell swoop, I'll start dyeing it black again in a month so my actions will have been useless! Also, I'll have shorter hair. I could dye it a darker brown so the difference is less notable but I'm actually liking my natural hair colour for the first time in about 18 years? Ugh.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:23 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I want to dye my dreads funky colors but i am having difficulty choosing dye. I want to bleach one of my dreads and color it rainbow! I didn't have good luck with Manic Panic. It barely colored it at all and washed out after a week or so, despite my hair only getting washed a few times a week. I used splat a few years ago, which stayed in really well and had awesome color but i'm not sure if it's vegan. Stargazer got really good reviews AND comes in a rainbow pack, but i have to order from the UK. Ugh. This is going to be one of those decisions i spend hours researching and still am not sure about.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:32 am 

Mars wrote:
Appifanie, I think it's mostly because the bottom is too thick, and not enough layers. I think two and three suit you the best. I would just go and bring in the photos of the ones you do like, and tell them that you hate what you have now! No need to explain it much more than that. But do tell them about the pinning it up thing.

Thanks!! <3

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:39 pm 
Saggy Butt

annabazoo wrote:
I want to dye my dreads funky colors but i am having difficulty choosing dye. I want to bleach one of my dreads and color it rainbow! I didn't have good luck with Manic Panic. It barely colored it at all and washed out after a week or so, despite my hair only getting washed a few times a week. I used splat a few years ago, which stayed in really well and had awesome color but i'm not sure if it's vegan. Stargazer got really good reviews AND comes in a rainbow pack, but i have to order from the UK. Ugh. This is going to be one of those decisions i spend hours researching and still am not sure about.

Can you find Punky Colour? As far as I know, it's vegan/not tested on animals, and it seems to stay pretty well? I usually use Manic Panic and both worked just fine for me, but my sister swore by Punky Colours in her rainbow hair days.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 4:42 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I ended up ordering Stargazer. Someone on the internet said it works well for dreads. I guess light reflects differently off of dreads than normal hair, so color doesn't always come out the best. After my cousin's wedding in October i want to dye more of them, so i will check out Punky Color then. Thanks!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 877 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 36  Next