| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 39  Next
 Post subject: Re: the hair thread
PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 7:09 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I love that color LW!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:37 pm 
And you never will.

So lovely, LW! Your hair looks really healthy and luscious <3

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 9:40 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Beautiful cut LW! So much shape and style! It looks really thick and healthy.

Fupa, as suggested upthread, since you've already spent some time growing out, I'd also suggest keep doing that and enjoying your hair longer for a while and then it will be more dramatic when you cut it really short and bleach it later. And, as of the last picture you posted, I thought your hair was looking great and very flattering to your features.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:03 pm 
Saggy Butt

poopiebitch wrote:
+1 for Deva Curl products. The trick is to put the gel in while your hair is still very wet (I do it in the shower), and scrunch it in well, gently squeezing out the excess water, so that it will hold the curls tight while your hair dries (LEAVE IT ALONE while it's drying! Or you will upset the curl clumps). It will get that gross crunchy solid gel look (at least it does on mine, but I use the ultra gel), but when it is 100% dry, flip your head and scrunch to the break the "cast". Your hair will hold the curl shape, but it will be soft and flexible once you scrunch the stiffness out. After you scrunch, if you want more volume or your curls are clumped too much, you can gently break them apart with your fingers. Don't rake your fingers through, or you will just end up with frizz. I hope that made sense!

I LOVE Deva Curl. My hair will always be crazy but it's more manageable now than ever. I wish I had this stuff ten years ago but meh, everyone needs a horrible awkward stage right? I actually need to order more soon (I get them by the giant pump)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:11 am 
Loves Carrots (in the biblical sense)

vixki wrote:
How do you all keep your hair looking nice during the day? My hair is such that it is a big mess as soon as I walk down the road, let alone lasting all day. Is there product I am meant to be using? Even if I straighten my hair the straight has gone in a few hours.

Totally feel your pain on this one. I have yet to find anything that prevents my hair from turning to a frizzy mess after a few hours.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:25 am 

So much cute hair in this thread! I'm wondering if anyone has ever been a hair model for teaching purposes. Like where they give you a really really discounted haircut in exchange for letting an instructor and some students do whatever they want with your hair. I need a haircut, but am short on cash. Would you feel comfortable giving someone else complete control over your hair?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:19 am 
And you never will.

My old stylist used me for a 1-on-1 class she took with an instructor. It took like 2 hours because the instructor was walking her through a certain method of cutting, but I got a free haircut out of it. It wasn't a situation where she could do whatever she wanted, though. It was just like a regular haircut but with the Sahag method (I didn't have to dye it or change the length dramatically or anything). She wanted to use my hair because it was quite long and it's very thick.

I would think in any situation like that you will know ahead of time what will be done, and you can decide if you're comfortable with it before agreeing.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:04 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Does anyone here colour their hair with henna?

If you do, how do you keep from dying some of your forehead or hairline. I've used vaseline or other greasy creams to keep it off my face, but often I look like I spray painted my head underneath my hair, much like John Travolta looks recently. It goes away after a day or 2, but I feel I need to wear a hat for 2 days after just dying my hair.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:08 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

i just wipe it away with a wet paper towel as soon as i'm done glooping.

oh, i also apply it to my hairline with a flat nylon bristled artist's paint brush. that seems to help.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 11:18 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

BhelOfTheBall wrote:
So much cute hair in this thread! I'm wondering if anyone has ever been a hair model for teaching purposes. Like where they give you a really really discounted haircut in exchange for letting an instructor and some students do whatever they want with your hair. I need a haircut, but am short on cash. Would you feel comfortable giving someone else complete control over your hair?

I have, several times, with varying results but never anything bad. Except once I got to pick how my hair was cut.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:11 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

supercarrot wrote:
i just wipe it away with a wet paper towel as soon as i'm done glooping.

oh, i also apply it to my hairline with a flat nylon bristled artist's paint brush. that seems to help.

Oh nice! I'll be trying that, I just use my fingers with gloves on ofcourse! I should give it a go with a brush. :)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:40 pm 
Impressive boner

I really want a change. I don't want to grow my hair or change the style drastically, but really want to change the colour. This is me now:

I've been dying it black for years. I was bright red for a while but it was so high maintenance I went back to black. My natural colour is a mousy brown/ash blonde and I have blue eyes.

WWPPKD?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:20 pm 

8ball wrote:
I really want a change. I don't want to grow my hair or change the style drastically, but really want to change the colour. This is me now:

I've been dying it black for years. I was bright red for a while but it was so high maintenance I went back to black. My natural colour is a mousy brown/ash blonde and I have blue eyes.

WWPPKD?

My daughter (age 3) just told me she wants blue hair to match her eyes, so maybe that would work for you? At least as a fun diversion for a little while...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 4:45 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Yes, blue would look great! Or bleach it all out to completely white so I can live vicariously through you, since that's what I want to do but I'm to much of a wuss at the moment.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 6:28 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

white hair is the best!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:33 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

8ball wrote:

WWPPKD?

What about a nice reddish brown, like an auburn colour. I don't know if you like that or want to go for a more shocking colour. I just think that will look very nice for paler skin tones like yours and light coloured eyes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 7:43 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

8ball: What about dyed gray? Maybe mixed with black and/or white?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:21 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

8ball, I know this isn't what you want to hear, since you want a change, but your hair looks so great and really suites you as is!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:16 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Yeah I think you'd look pretty epic with white/platinum hair. But that seems like a lot of work since it's currently jet black. Heh.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 12:18 am 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

If you want to keep it dark for ease, you could die it a *super* dark blue? Like almost black blue. I knew someone in high school who did that and when the sun hit it the blue looked super awesome!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 5:39 am 

^ I did black/blue, black/red, black/purple in high school and people loved those colours. Plus they didn't look terrible when they faded a bit, either.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:38 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

8ball, I had much the same style for years (just trying to grow it out a bit now after going even shorter last summer).
I've basically had every colour now except for pink. What I liked best was black with teal streaks (not lengthwise, but dyed in a way that some black-dyed hair always fell over them and I could more or less control how much colour I wanted to show by styling it differently). My natural colour is a chestnutty brown that gets more coppery in a lot of sunlight and turns to boooooring brown in winter, so I haven't gone back to that in ages. I'm toying with the thought of adding some colour to my black as well, so why don't you have some fun with having your hair bleached (just some or all of it, depends on what you want right now) & trying out some Manic Panics?

Edit: Found a pic - here's some washed out green:

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:50 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Beautiful! Reminds me of a peacock feather!Image
My hair was looking good today! My hair is straight except for these tendrils right atop my ears on both sides.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:48 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I saw this girl in the shops today with lovely light, dark purples and pink in her hair. I couldn't stop looking, eventually I just walked up to her and apologized that my staring at her didn't mean anything weird.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:43 pm 

Fupa, you look so happy :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 965 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 39  Next