| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Someone is wrong in Real Life!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:58 am 
Semen Strong

For ranting about crazy things people do.

Stupid people at the gym who leave plastic waterbottles everywhere, leave the showers running and use way too many paper towels to wipe down machines that aren't even sweaty. Also people who put huge bags and shoes on the benches that naked people later sit on to get dressed. And people who hog the only working hairdryer. And those who take plastic bags to wrap their wet clothes. Its your world too, please be nicer with its resources.

Post subject: Re: Someone is wrong in Real Life!
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:02 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Ugh! I saw someone lay down a plastic bag before stepping on the scale. I don't know if she was trying to protect herself or the scale, but either way, unnecessary. Another lady yesterday used 3 towels!

Not to make this a gym rant, but as you said, come on!
Tofulish wrote:
Its your world too, please be nicer with its resources.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:11 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

My mom only drinks water out of single-serving plastic bottles, and she drinks LOTS of water. Every time I go to her house there's a huge mound of bottles in the recycling bucket. At least she's recycling, but come on! It boggles my mind.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:13 am 
Bought 20lbs of vegan protein powder

people who bag their bananas!!

to all the local news people who can't seem to say if my area applies to the boil your water notice :P

"It's because I'm judging them. Harshly. Judgey McJudgerson." - mel c

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:19 am 

golden delicious wrote:
My mom only drinks water out of single-serving plastic bottles, and she drinks LOTS of water. Every time I go to her house there's a huge mound of bottles in the recycling bucket. At least she's recycling, but come on! It boggles my mind.

I set a New Year's Resolution for hubby and me to stop that noise. I tried to talk to him about it, but he just kept saying, "Ok, it's better for the Earth, blah, blah, blah." Then he littered today. I should have hit him on the nose with a newspaper. I did make him go back and pick up the litter, and I screamed like a maniac for about 2 full minutes.

appifanie wrote:
people who bag their bananas!!

People bag bananas?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:20 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

plastic water bottles drive me insane. I used to have a coworker who drank 2 or 3 small plastic bottles every day at her desk, haven't people heard of mugs and nalgene bottles?

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:26 am 
Semen Strong

golden delicious wrote:

My mother-in-law does this but doesn't recycle. Our town has the recycling facilty, but doesn't do pick-ups and its not worth it to her to drive 5 minutes to recycle the hundreds of plastic bottles she generates every week.

My mother-in-law also hates "illegal aliens" and is vehemently against universal healthcare, even though her grandchildren and two of her sons don't have insurance. She is getting amazing healthcare through medicare and doesn't want any of her benefits taken away to fund universal healthcare or "illegal aliens to get any benefits."

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:32 am 
Impressive boner

Today a teenager gave me a loud sarcastic 'thank you' for not holding a door open for him, then later was sarcastic to his friend who did hold a door for me (who I thanked non-sarcastically). It was not clear that he was heading for the door and I'm under no obligation to hold a door for him or anyone else. He was wrong to thing I was under any obligation to hold the door for him or wait around holding the door open while he meandered around deciding whether he was going to go through it or not. He might not have needed to go through it - this was unclear at the time and I was in a hurry.

I'd like to make it clear that I'm not a rude non-holding-a-door-open person and will happily hold doors open for people who are clearly heading towards them, whether they are able to hold doors open or not.

Anyway, he was WRONG!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:33 am 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I keep seeing people bagging their milk jugs with plastic bags. there's a handle on it!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:34 am 
ugh

I'm the recycling police at my office because sooo many people throw away things that are obviously recyclable, even when the trash bin is right next to the recycling bin. But more than once I've heard someone say they have to go recycle something because "I don't want Brandy to yell at me" so I guess it's kinda working? Haha.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:34 am 

Quarantined wrote:
plastic water bottles drive me insane. I used to have a coworker who drank 2 or 3 small plastic bottles every day at her desk, haven't people heard of mugs and nalgene bottles?

Husband likes them because they're 'convenient,' so I've tried to make the new system as convenient as possible so he can't argue. I keep the Brita pitcher full and the klean kanteen by our bed full. I even bought him a Brazil klean kanteen! We do recycle the bottles, but daggone! I hope this is a habit I can break him of! (It was pretty easy for me personally because I did make it so convenient, and I really only drank water from the bottles because it was there.)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:38 am 

Quarantined wrote:

just for the record, nalgene has AMAZING customer service. the first time i dropped mine the top busted apart. i called them and they didn't have an exact color match to my bottle, so they sent me TWO tops! the 2nd time i dropped it, the bottom fell out and they sent me a new one! LOVE THEM.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:46 am 

appifanie wrote:
Quarantined wrote:

just for the record, nalgene has AMAZING customer service. the first time i dropped mine the top busted apart. i called them and they didn't have an exact color match to my bottle, so they sent me TWO tops! the 2nd time i dropped it, the bottom fell out and they sent me a new one! LOVE THEM.

That's interesting to me! I found out that there was BPA in the lining of my Sigg bottle, so I contacted them (albeit a little late) and they were all, I'm sorry, the voluntary recall has passed, please continue to use your old Sigg bottle.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:58 am 

ndpittman wrote:
appifanie wrote:
Quarantined wrote:

That's interesting to me! I found out that there was BPA in the lining of my Sigg bottle, so I contacted them (albeit a little late) and they were all, I'm sorry, the voluntary recall has passed, please continue to use your old Sigg bottle.

Even if you did the Sigg thing in a timely fashion, it took them FOREVER and the whole thing was a pain. I'm not buying another Sigg ever again. Plus the Nalgenes are dishwasher safe, woo!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:06 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

the personal care attendants who did not listen and bought the client lucky charms among other things. it made my head spin.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:09 pm 
WRETCHED

This is a recycling complaint of mine.

There are people that bring their lunch to work every day. What they don't bring to work with them is utensils. They also never reuse utensils. So every day, my work puts out large stacks of plastic utensils for people to use and every day, they disappear. You'd think that these people that bring their lunch would either a) bring their own utensils as well or b) reuse the plastic ones they get.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:12 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

b.vicious wrote:
I'm the recycling police at my office because sooo many people throw away things that are obviously recyclable, even when the trash bin is right next to the recycling bin. But more than once I've heard someone say they have to go recycle something because "I don't want Brandy to yell at me" so I guess it's kinda working? Haha.

Good work, and yes, I'd say it is working.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:12 pm 
Impressive boner

linanil wrote:
This is a recycling complaint of mine.

There are people that bring their lunch to work every day. What they don't bring to work with them is utensils. They also never reuse utensils. So every day, my work puts out large stacks of plastic utensils for people to use and every day, they disappear. You'd think that these people that bring their lunch would either a) bring their own utensils as well or b) reuse the plastic ones they get.

Sometimes Pete used to use plastic cutlery like this until I nagged him into taking a steel fork with him.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:57 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

That reminds me (work-related):

Your mama doesn't work here! Clean up after your damn self!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:04 pm 
Huffs Nutritional Yeast

Stupid teenagers that sarcastically ask for my number and wolf whistle at me just because I was wearing a dress that was a little bit short and fishnets. I'm so sorry.. I didn't realise there was a rule against larger women dressing a little bit sexy :|

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:40 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

appifanie wrote:
appifanie wrote:
Quarantined wrote:

Even if you did the Sigg thing in a timely fashion, it took them FOREVER and the whole thing was a pain. I'm not buying another Sigg ever again. Plus the Nalgenes are dishwasher safe, woo!

The Nalgene company also makes cages and other equipment specifically designed for animal testing labs.

From their official statement page:
Quote:
Nalge Nunc International's mission is to enhance the lives and work of our many customers by providing premium-quality products that meet their needs. We do not conduct any animal testing in the development or manufacturing of our products and we do not condone the inhumane treatment of animals.

Nalge Nunc International realizes that animal research is essential to medical research. There is no laboratory procedure or computer simulation that can reproduce the complex systems of a living organism. There is nothing short of controlled animal research that can prove the safety and efficacy of a drug or surgical procedure. Without animal research, there would be no polio vaccine, no heart by-pass surgery, no chemotherapy and no insulin. Without animal research, we will never be able to cure AIDS, multiple sclerosis or Alzheimer's.

I really like Earthlust water bottles.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:50 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

8ball wrote:
Today a teenager gave me a loud sarcastic 'thank you' for not holding a door open for him...

I've had kinda the opposite happen, where I've gone out of my way to open a door for someone who had their hands full, and not received so much as a nod or friendly grunt of acknowledgment.

My recent peeve is people who make life harder for people with crappy, underpaid jobs. Especially, last-minute bathroom users who make me stay late because they couldn't tear themselves away from Robot Unicorn Attack long enough to poo during opening hours.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:57 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Not recycling related, but someone is epically wrong in real life...
Telling me to look up current information on line is a reasonable request. Having that information be a month behind makes you an asparagus. Particularly when that information is required and time sensitive.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:30 pm 
Grandfathered In

My brother-in-law: You know, George Bush wrote a book about the big decisions he made. I'm going to read that.

My brother-in-law: Next time I have to go to the emergency room, I'm just yelling out, "My name us Juan Gonzalez!"

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:33 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I use plastic water bottles, but I reuse them for ages. I only ever actually buy bottled water if I'm out somewhere and forgot to bring my own bottle, which happens maybe once every month. Between then I just keep refilling the same bottle with tap water. We have thicker plastic in our bottles here, so it works just fine, but when I was in the States I noticed that the plastic there is really thin and flimsy.

Anyway. This girl I used to work with keeps posting on Facebook about how big her boobs are. Like, 'WOE IS ME, my cans are so huge that I can never find a bra to fit me' or 'YEAH! I finally found a 12DD that can fit my sweet rack!'. But she's a total liar, we worked together for two years and I can honestly say that her boobs aren't that big. She's a lot taller than me so I guess hers are probably a little bit bigger than mine, but proportionately mine are way more awesome. But they're definitely not DD boobs. And it shiitakes me that she posts this online just to get attention and praise herself in a really weird way. I'm giving her one more chance before I tell her to shut the fork up, good boobs don't make you a good person.