| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2008 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 81  Next
 Post subject: Re: Facebook Awkwardness
PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:02 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

i actually "ruined the fun" back in the day by posting what the color thing was all about. (i think i also added subtly that i didn't have a color to post. hi-larious hijinks.)

you'd think this whole trend would have stopped by now. nope. i guess there are always new and younger FB users who weren't around the first time around.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:04 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Yeah, to be honest I had no colour to share either so I just had "none." Hence why I thought it was hilarious.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:14 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

so i posted something i rarely do - a positive family meme thing about cousins being your first friends. i tagged a few cousins. my cousin's fave memory of us was when he was like 13 and I was 17 - we met some dude who had night train stolen from a store in his trunk and proceeded to get drunk and my cousin passed out in my dirty laundry...funny now, but omg, how stupid was i then????

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 3:56 pm 
Wrote Dissertation on Vegans, Meat, and the Deserted Island Question

holy crepe 2 friends of mine, who've been in a relationship for 5 years, are having a very public ridiculous break-up and he-said-she-said nonsense all over Facebook. He's 44 and she's 26, not that that matters, but jeez both are old enough to keep this shiitake off Facebook! I just can't cringe enough.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:07 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

Audrey wrote:
holy crepe 2 friends of mine, who've been in a relationship for 5 years, are having a very public ridiculous break-up and he-said-she-said nonsense all over Facebook. He's 44 and she's 26, not that that matters, but jeez both are old enough to keep this shiitake off Facebook! I just can't cringe enough.
Some friends of mine did that a couple years ago after 15 years of marriage and four kids. The woman was manically posting scantily clad selfies of herself and "oblique" statuses that clearly referred to her (also married) new BF, while the man posted depressive updates about how miserable he was. Good times.

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:25 am 
Bathes in Braggs

Desdemona wrote:
Some friends of mine did that a couple years ago after 15 years of marriage and four kids. The woman was manically posting scantily clad selfies of herself and "oblique" statuses that clearly referred to her (also married) new BF, while the man posted depressive updates about how miserable he was. Good times.

You must be friends with my brother and his ex-wife. No? I wonder/hate to think how often this happens.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:38 am 
Dead by dawn

Nothing like watching a marriage break down on facebook...

It actually makes me really happy that fb wasn't around when I was a teenage drama queen, dramatically breaking up after drama-filled relationships.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:41 am 
Seagull of the PPK

my friend's facebook divorce has taken a dramatic turn as his ex put the tax police on his asparagus, they confiscated his salary and cleared his bank account, and how the plot thickens. all this is stuff i don't want to see.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 10:58 am 
WELFARIST!

"facebook divorce". Heh.

Now the world is privy to all the arguments between two people that used to take place in back rooms behind closed doors so the chillun couldn't hear.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:31 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

This is what makes me hesitant about even putting a facebook relationship status on facebook, even though my partner and I are very committed and have been together for over three years, and why I never listed my last partner as anything on facebook, either, even though we were together for 6 years! My high school sweetheart and I broke up in our first year of college (of course) and the first thing she did when it happened was to change her facebook status. I get that that made it feel more real for her in that moment, and i'm glad it facilitated other friends of hers reaching out to her, but it made me feel super uncomfortable that then mutual friends of ours suddenly knew like 15 minutes after it happened! and one of them told my mom about it before I even talked to her! Even though there was no related online drama, just people knowing so instantly and informally creeped me out and so now I am afraid of ever having to do that again.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:36 am 
Keepin' It Seal

Whoops I just unfriended someone who I never talk to and only met a couple of times several years and immediately after unfriending him, I accidentally clicked the friend request button. haha I canceled the request, but if he gets email notifications, he'll see that I tried to re-friend him. Awkward!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 11:58 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Yesterday I locked someone I should have blocked a long time ago. Now she is going to all our mutual friends wondering why. She knows why, she is a horrible racist who has said she has no intention of changing.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:06 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

torque wrote:
my friend's facebook divorce has taken a dramatic turn as his ex put the tax police on his asparagus, they confiscated his salary and cleared his bank account, and how the plot thickens. all this is stuff i don't want to see.
seitanicverses wrote:
"facebook divorce". Heh.

Now the world is privy to all the arguments between two people that used to take place in back rooms behind closed doors so the chillun couldn't hear.
For real. How long before "facebook divorce" gets an entry in the OED?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:43 pm 
Semen Strong

I expect that the silver lining of a separation in all its complexity playing out on FB is that at least other people realize that they're not so alone in having a hard time.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:49 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

That's one way to look at it. When my exboyfriend and I separated I had a really, really hard time with it. If not for fb chat and maudlin posting of music videos I don't know where I'd be!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:10 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

Tofulish wrote:
I expect that the silver lining of a separation in all its complexity playing out on FB is that at least other people realize that they're not so alone in having a hard time.
fupapack wrote:
That's one way to look at it. When my exboyfriend and I separated I had a really, really hard time with it. If not for fb chat and maudlin posting of music videos I don't know where I'd be!
I can see the utility of connecting with people at a time you're in need of support. It's the carefully constructed performance - often aimed squarely at the other person - that I find distasteful. In my friends' case, this took the form of lots of nudge-nudge wink-wink "oblique" references (complete with winking emoticon) to the woman's new relationship, thinly veiled barbs, comparisons, etc. that were clearly meant to be seen by her ex, who commented on every single one of them. It was all a bit of a spectacle, and it made me deeply embarrassed for both of them, but even more for their children, who never auditioned for supporting roles in a trashy online soap opera.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:27 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I'll have to agree that sounds very cringey.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:59 pm 
Semen Strong

We always talk about FB memes that really don't raise awareness of breast cancer, but this one on testicular cancer still made me smile.

cork in a Sock
http://www.buzzfeed.com/mjs538/men-are- ... m-for-canc

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:39 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Tofulish wrote:
We always talk about FB memes that really don't raise awareness of breast cancer, but this one on testicular cancer still made me smile.

cork in a Sock

I don't feel like my awareness of testicular cancer has increased at all, but my awareness of those people's...socks...has!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:42 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I have a Facebook friend who done the cork in a sock! I did laugh and it did grab my attention. Now, I must say, I am finding the make-up selfies with men a lot more entertaining, mostly because of the men I know that have done it.

Saying that..... still not increasing my awareness of cancer.

I did however make a donation to a local cancer support centre, but mostly because I know someone who is recently deceased because of cancer and his family are getting support from that centre and not really because of any Facebook campaign. I did however feel like I didn't need to broadcast my donation on Facebook. Instead I broadcast it here...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:23 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Tofulish wrote:

cork in a Sock

I think this just made my night.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:26 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Hahaha I was just looking at the cork in a sock pics. Kind of great.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 25, 2014 10:21 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Tofulish wrote:

cork in a Sock

*Kind of wants to participate*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:29 am 
Tofu Pup

My sister in law is very outgoing but is also really insecure. If I go a long period of time without talking to her or hanging out with her, or if she has a fight with my brother, she will decide that I don't like her and will unfriend me. Then after we spend some time together she friends me again. Its happened probably 6 or 7 times now. She did this with my mom and my BFF a few times, but my mom just went ahead and blocked her after the last time haha. It's extra awkward because she never sends a message or mentions it in real life or anything. Yikes.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:36 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My mom had the best accidental facebook awkwardness today. It is super windy out, and a ton of dead leaves from one of the neighbours' properties blew into our yard. My mom posted a sarcastic status to fb that said "A special thank you to the person who never got rid of the leaves in their yard last Fall, as they are now in my yard... " and her phone autocorrected it to "A sexual thank you"! She didn't notice until after it had posted. I was laughing so hard that I was crying.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2008 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 49, 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55 ... 81  Next