| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1715 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 69  Next
 Post subject: Re: Facebook Awkwardness
PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:45 pm 
Thinks chickens are assholes

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
My mom had the best accidental facebook awkwardness today. It is super windy out, and a ton of dead leaves from one of the neighbours' properties blew into our yard. My mom posted a sarcastic status to fb that said "A special thank you to the person who never got rid of the leaves in their yard last Fall, as they are now in my yard... " and her phone autocorrected it to "A sexual thank you"! She didn't notice until after it had posted. I was laughing so hard that I was crying.

WIN!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:55 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

fezza wrote:
My mom had the best accidental facebook awkwardness today. It is super windy out, and a ton of dead leaves from one of the neighbours' properties blew into our yard. My mom posted a sarcastic status to fb that said "A special thank you to the person who never got rid of the leaves in their yard last Fall, as they are now in my yard... " and her phone autocorrected it to "A sexual thank you"! She didn't notice until after it had posted. I was laughing so hard that I was crying.
WIN!
Good fences make good neighbors, but no fences make great neighbors!

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 1:55 pm 
Semen Strong

Was she referring to the wind blowing the lawn?

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:06 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

When my mom first noticed the mistake, she started shouting at me, "How do I edit it?? How do I delete it?? Show me how to fix it!" and I said, "Nope, that is the best status you've ever posted and it needs to stay."

PostPosted: Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:25 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

hahahaha! Best ever autocorrect!!!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:07 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

That's amazing!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:41 am 
WELFARIST!

Ha, raspberries!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:25 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I am looking up long lost family members who signed my cousins online funeral memory book...I feel kinda creepy.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2014 11:31 pm 
Saggy Butt

Tonight dickwad cousin in law on FB wrote:
Quote:
When earth day comes I turn everything on :)

Along with a share from CFACT:
Quote:
Electricity is one of the greatest goods ever to benefit mankind, so naturally the eco-left wants to switch it off. They call it "Earth Hour." We call it misanthropic nihilism.

Say "NO" to the dark ages.

Lights on for Freedom! Saturday night @8:30 PM.

Share the good news:
Prosperity and Freedom lift up people and our planet together!

What in the ever lasting fork? Ah yes, lets make the world a little worse, because FREEDOM!

Be yourself, everyone else is taken.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2014 1:25 am 
Keepin' It Seal

oh my gosh, that totally is a dickwad post. It's a forking hour. Get over it!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:42 pm 

A friend posted on FB that they broke up with their partner. Except, this person posted it on April 1, so everyone assumed it was an April Fool's joke and replied accordingly. To make matters worse, apparently that was this person's April Fool's joke last year. But it turns out it actually happened and they just didn't realize what day it was. AWK. WARD.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:46 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

choirqueer wrote:
A friend posted on FB that they broke up with their partner. Except, this person posted it on April 1, so everyone assumed it was an April Fool's joke and replied accordingly. To make matters worse, apparently that was this person's April Fool's joke last year. But it turns out it actually happened and they just didn't realize what day it was. AWK. WARD.

Ouch..

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:56 pm 

Oh God.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:15 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Maggie Muggins wrote:
Quote:
Electricity is one of the greatest goods ever to benefit mankind, so naturally the eco-left wants to switch it off. They call it "Earth Hour." We call it misanthropic nihilism.

Say "NO" to the dark ages.

Lights on for Freedom! Saturday night @8:30 PM.

Share the good news:
Prosperity and Freedom lift up people and our planet together!

What in the ever lasting fork? Ah yes, lets make the world a little worse, because FREEDOM!

This is amazing and so totally nonsensical. It's like countering research about MRSA and antibiotic-resistant bacteria with the claims that penicillin is the modern world's greatest discovery and we should all overuse penicillin because FREEDOM

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:31 pm 
Flounceiad 2011

choirqueer wrote:
GAAAAH.

http://elizaveganpage.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:46 am 

Desdemona wrote:
choirqueer wrote:
GAAAAH.

UPDATE: It has now been revealed that this was actually just an extended April Fool's joke. Uh. Ha ha?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:05 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

choirqueer wrote:
Desdemona wrote:
choirqueer wrote:
GAAAAH.

UPDATE: It has now been revealed that this was actually just an extended April Fool's joke. Uh. Ha ha?

What the what, now?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:00 pm 

Oh good grief! If they ever do actually break up they won't get any sympathy because people will think they are yanking their chain again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:02 pm 
Semen Strong

Someone posted a story about horrendous child abuse on FB. I just want a filter that blocks me from having to read about violence against animals or children. I know terrible things happen, but I don't really feel equipped to handle that knowledge all the time.

And it happened to a child not far from Leela's age, so I broke all my rules and gave her unlimited freezee pops today and covered her with kisses.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:47 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I was recently added to a closed group by a friend. I am not close to this person. So the add was odd enough. The group is titled "X's chronic illness group". So I thought it would be where people were talking about having the same illness she has. But instead it is her talking about her chronic illness and nothing else.
Sadly she is not addressing her actual illness.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:26 am 
Seagull of the PPK

eeek. i do NOT like this thing that other people can add you to groups.

Speaking of, Mr Banned-for-Blocking-Mods went to the other mod and cried a long river of tears (my group is apparently a vital publicity outlet for the piece of crepe local paper he writes; I am a consular warden for the US consulate here, and part of my function is to liaise with local press, so I can't just tell him to go fork himself the way i want to). Fellow mod forwarded me a long email about how he never blocked nobody, all a mistake, he's so sorry, etc etc. I sent him back a response saying I was sure he was completely innocent of all wrongdoing, etc, and I looked forward to him sending me a message on FB to resolve the problem. Meaning he has to unblock me to do it. That was about a week ago and I can see him, the nasty stinky goat, unable to figure out his stupid settings. JFC. I fantasize about just abandoning this stupid group.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 7:34 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

haha that made me laugh, I really needed that this morning ;)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:19 pm 
Impressive boner

My brother is having another pro-conservative rant online. I have no idea how someone from a northern ex-mining town can be such a Tory fanboy. I, my sister and our friends have given him numerical evidence to counter his rants but he's blind to it so I've stopped trying.

A friend can often make unusual financial decisions and then either bleats or crows about it on her Facebook account, such as when she'd taken an exorbitant TV loan to throw her wedding and then complained about not having enough money to buy food. One of the latest ones was "Instead of getting a tattoo I'm going to use the money to pay my bills.". People consistently respond with 'oh poor you' or 'yay! go you!'. When it gets bad she posts that she won't be online for a while, and then is posting again within two hours. The pity party is getting tiresome.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:49 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

8ball wrote:
A friend can often make unusual financial decisions and then either bleats or crows about it on her Facebook account, such as when she'd taken an exorbitant TV loan to throw her wedding and then complained about not having enough money to buy food. One of the latest ones was "Instead of getting a tattoo I'm going to use the money to pay my bills.". People consistently respond with 'oh poor you' or 'yay! go you!'. When it gets bad she posts that she won't be online for a while, and then is posting again within two hours. The pity party is getting tiresome.

I have one of these too! She posts about spending all this money on really unnecessary shiitake and within days posts about not being able to afford rent. Maybe because you just bought a $300+ gaming system?

What makes it awkward is that the people reading her page probably know more about why she's broke than she does.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:42 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

A friend of mine broke up with her boyfriend last month. The plan then was to talk in a couple weeks to see if they wanted to try to work things out again, or if they were just done for good.

The past week, her ex has been posting music videos that seem like he wants to get back together. Today's was "When I was Your Man." He also went an found an old video she had posted from her birthday surprise last year and liked it a few days ago.

I have no idea if he is actually trying to use FB to show her he still cares about her and wants back together, but I am utterly amused nonetheless.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1715 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 50, 51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 56 ... 69  Next