| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 5:29 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 30  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Weather Thread: brag or complain here!
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:50 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

FORKING SNOW. I mean. I love snow! (Actually, usually I do)

But I need to get a flight out of Boston at 5pm tomorrow to go to see my partner in Missouri. So this snow better go the fork away.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:20 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

This is going to sound ridiculous and you'll all probably tell me to stfu, but.....it's not cold enough here. It's January and it's still in the mid to upper 30's, even 40's. Back home where my family lives it's -11F right now and the rest of the week is below freezing. That's in Iowa, here in Montana it's above freezing during the day then all the slushy shiitake freezes solid overnight. Which really sucks riding my bike to work on. There's also not enough snow, though we should get a few inches tomorrow. We're heading out of the valley on Sunday so it should be snowier/colder there.

When we moved here everyone said we'd hate the winter, but I think I dislike it for reasons other than what they meant. The mountains are still breathtakingly snowy and lovely in the mornings so there's always that to look forward too.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:33 pm 
ol' garly cooch

Everyone has gone full goose bozo in anticipation of this storm and cold front. I went to the store to get some essentials and there were no shopping carts or hand baskets.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 7:50 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Stay warm, everyone!

It's been a beautiful day in the Bay Area, unusually warm. Sending east coast ppkers sunny and warming vibes!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 8:04 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Snow snow snow! The past couple winters have been oddly mild here in Chicago, and I feel like we're making up for that so far this winter. I like it though. I feel tough and awesome wearing my huge snow boots, and my landlord deducts $20/hour from our rent for shoveling the snow- for December, my sweetie got $60 off his portion of rent and I got $30 off mine. Not too shabby.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:46 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Yet another storm has arrived. The rain and wind has started.... the rain is rotten already but the wind isn't bad yet. Lot's of warnings to stay away from coastal areas due to tidal surges and possible waves up to 65ft!

I'm sat on my bed dreading walking Lexi but I know the sooner I get out the more likely it is that I will avoid the worst of the storm but it just looks soooooo ewwwww out there right now. I'm going to get completely soaked right through my wet gear.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:48 am 
WRETCHED

Living in the DC area means ice, ice and more ice. It is the burden of living in a place that hovers around the freezing point most winter long. Temps raise to 35-40, snow melts, temps drop, ground turns to ice. Or like last night, it rained but then froze to ice.

I wanted to take a walk yesterday but after seeing all the ice outside, I decided against it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:25 am 
Hip Goiter

On top of all the snow we got a couple days ago, we're getting freezing rain right now, covering everything in a sheet of ice. We have to drive far to get to a funeral...I am scared...

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:26 am 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

Instead of posting about the stoopid blizzard raging outside and the – 43 C temps, I offer a distraction.

French artist Claire Basler lives and works in a former school house outside of Paris. Each day she creates huge indoor floral arrangements to inspire her art. Since I’m on dial-up, here’s the links. Take a tour of her home, workshop and exceptional floral arrangements. Think happy thoughts of spring !

http://www.mymodernmet.com/profiles/blo ... ome-studio

http://www.remodelista.com/posts/claire ... -in-france

http://www.clairebasler.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:53 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Padraigin, thank you so much. That was beautiful. Love the arrangements on the windowsill over the sink.

It has started snowing pretty heavily and is supposed to be going all night. At least it's not insanely cold like it has been the last week.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:12 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I love the snow and winter and the cold. It is so beautiful to look out and see how it transforms and how pretty the snow looks coming down, especially at night. However. Tomorrow our high is supposed to be -13F and I have to walk to the courthouse 2 times tomorrow, when it is supposed to get down to -18F or so with windchill around -48F. It's only 6 blocks but I am dreading it hardcore. Brrbrbrbrrrr.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 4:29 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

This city pretty much shuts down with any amount of snow. In fact, my neighborhood is so hilly that sometimes my tires spin if it's even a little bit wet and I can't really leave if anything snowy/icy sticks to the road.

I was kind of excited about potentially being snowed in tonight, because January/February is super unbusy at work and I assumed I probably didn't have any appointments anyway. I posted a special on Facebook to get some more business though, and apparently it worked, because I have a full day tomorrow. Now I feel all inconvenienced and the snow hasn't even happened yet. I doubt anyone will bring their dogs for haircuts if I'm unable to get out of my neighborhood though, unless they're daycare dogs that would be there anyway, in which case, I'm sure they don't mind rescheduling. Poopsicle.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:03 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

daisychain wrote:
Yet another storm has arrived. The rain and wind has started.... the rain is rotten already but the wind isn't bad yet. Lot's of warnings to stay away from coastal areas due to tidal surges and possible waves up to 65ft!

I'm sat on my bed dreading walking Lexi but I know the sooner I get out the more likely it is that I will avoid the worst of the storm but it just looks soooooo ewwwww out there right now. I'm going to get completely soaked right through my wet gear.

I hope you are snug at home now! Please be careful - it sounded horrendous on the news.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:09 pm 
Bought A BRAND NEW CAR!

I'm annoyed because I canceled plans today (I'm @ my parent's house in the Cleveland area) to visit a friend I've not seen in a year, because the ice and maybe snow was supposed to start at 10. Well, its still above freezing and now even really raining much, the huge cell is like 50miles to the west and just hardly moving east.

So, I could have seen my friend and had plenty of time to do so and gotten home, but the media worked us into such a froth, that I didn't go out. Now i'll be going on Tues when the weather should be clearish but it will be zubzero temps.
I'd rather it had it already!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:25 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Soooo snowy! And it's gonna be freezing tonight again. -36C.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:53 am 
ol' garly cooch

It's just awful here in Indiana, I mean Kashyyyk. My work was cancelled, and county government never closes!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:01 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

A few days ago it was 10 degrees and we got 5'' of snow. Today it's 60 degrees out. Tomorrow the forecast is 16. This weekend it's back to 63.

My body is confused.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:49 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

ditto..it's like 45 degrees out right now but tonight it's going to be 10 degrees.
what makes this bad is that all the rain we are getting and snow melting will all turn to ice.
walking to the train tomorrow is going to be interesting to say the least.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:37 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

I love all this snow but it caused my kickboxing class to get cancelled tonight, and now I have nothing to do. Apparently the teacher is snowed in and cant make it out of his house or something. My body feels like it's all bruised up anyway from shovelling so much snow twice yesterday, and the car still is stuck halfway up the driveway because it snowed so much when I was out that the shovelling was useless and the driveway was still inpassable. At least I don't have to go out and unstick the car from the driveway to get there now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 5:57 pm 
We So Excited

50 today and 8 tomorrow. This is confusing. Kids at school think we'll get a snow day tomorrow due to cold temps. We so won't.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:23 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Friday wrote:
50 today and 8 tomorrow. This is confusing. Kids at school think we'll get a snow day tomorrow due to cold temps. We so won't.

Every district here has canceled for tomorrow.

Kids here just don't have suitable clothing to be out at bus stops or walking in 10 degree weather, and the buses aren't equipped for it either.

Sure is bizarre though.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:33 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

what the heck am i going to wear tomorrow? is it going to blazing hot at work or freezing cold? i seriously hate having to take off leggings in the bathroom as soon as i get to work. my warmest pants are too tight to wear leggings under anyway! also, waiting for the bus on the way home. blergh! either that or take the subway, but then have a 15 minute walk home instead of a 5 minute walk.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:45 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

You can stretch the leggings over the tight pants, and that would be way less annoying to take off in the bathroom.

It's really cold here, I don't even want to go downstairs at all. Also, our friggin' power was out for over an hour today. Our daytime temp for the thermostat is 70 and that is generally warm enough if you're wearing socks and some sort of sweater, by the time the power came back on our thermostat said 63. Also our local paper sucks and didn't have any info on trash pickup, schools, buses, etc. Our trash pickup day was today and it was obvious we shouldn't put anything out, but I have no idea if they're going to come tomorrow so I don't know if we should put out our bins and, more importantly, dig our Christmas tree out of the snow.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:22 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

It is so windy here today. Our camper fell over from it last night, and my yard is just a crazy mess. I mean, it usually is a crazy mess, but it's so terrible now.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 7:35 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I don't really have a warm enough coat with me in NYC. It doesn't usually get this cold. And I have a lot of running around to do tomorrow.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 730 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 30  Next