| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: dating & bad timing
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:19 pm 
Offline
Baking In The Flavor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:37 pm
Posts: 182
Location: the mossy semi-wood
I have just starting dating this really great guy & I'm totally stoked on him. But I am leaving for for Italy in 5 weeks - I will be gone for 6 months. Then when I return I will be living 2 hours away from him. I am so sad right now. I haven't felt this way about someone in at least 15 years. He makes my stomach flip when he kisses me. I could just hold his hand for hours. I am so smitten & I have to leave. What the heck do I do with this? I just want to cry.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: dating & bad timing
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:29 pm 
Offline
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:49 pm
Posts: 422
Location: Los Angeles
hmmm, enjoy the five weeks and see what happens from there? I mean, anything could happen during those five weeks or the following six months, so why not enjoy yourself?

_________________
I've got a raging clue


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: dating & bad timing
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:31 pm 
Offline
Baking In The Flavor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:37 pm
Posts: 182
Location: the mossy semi-wood
yeah, I know that's what I'm trying to do!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: dating & bad timing
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:33 pm 
Offline
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:49 pm
Posts: 422
Location: Los Angeles
What are you doing in Italy, btw?

_________________
I've got a raging clue


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: dating & bad timing
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:35 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:12 pm
Posts: 3831
Location: Canberra, Australia
I was in almost the exact same situation three years ago. Three years ago yesterday, actually, I had an amazing first date with an amazing guy. I saw him almost every day for the next couple of weeks, then I went away to work with street kids in the Philippines, and then travel through Southeast Asia- I was gone for three months all up.

I kept in touch with him via SMS and occasional phone calls while I was away. I swear that I spent almost all my spending money on phone credit. We both realised that what we had was something worth hanging on to, and decided to make it work the best that we could. We've now been living together for two years, have moved across the country together and are talking marriage and puppies and all that.

I guess the point is, if it's worth hanging on to, then don't let go. You can make it work. It sucked at the time, but we now both look back on those three months as a really special time that proved how much we meant to each other, even in the early stages. And it's fun now to think about all those messages and phone calls and how exciting they were at the time. I know that no one ever wants to hear the whole 'fate' thing, but if it's meant to work then it absolutely will. Trust us!

_________________
Recipes. Rants. Raunch.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: dating & bad timing
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:38 pm 
Offline
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3120
Location: BKLN
Erinnerung wrote:
if it's worth hanging on to, then don't let go.

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: dating & bad timing
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:39 pm 
Offline
Baking In The Flavor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:37 pm
Posts: 182
Location: the mossy semi-wood
ilovemountains wrote:
What are you doing in Italy, btw?

Interning at a museum in Florence (probably the national museum of photography). Awesome huh?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: dating & bad timing
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 10:41 pm 
Offline
Baking In The Flavor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:37 pm
Posts: 182
Location: the mossy semi-wood
Erinnerung wrote:
I was in almost the exact same situation three years ago. Three years ago yesterday, actually, I had an amazing first date with an amazing guy. I saw him almost every day for the next couple of weeks, then I went away to work with street kids in the Philippines, and then travel through Southeast Asia- I was gone for three months all up.

I kept in touch with him via SMS and occasional phone calls while I was away. I swear that I spent almost all my spending money on phone credit. We both realised that what we had was something worth hanging on to, and decided to make it work the best that we could. We've now been living together for two years, have moved across the country together and are talking marriage and puppies and all that.

I guess the point is, if it's worth hanging on to, then don't let go. You can make it work. It sucked at the time, but we now both look back on those three months as a really special time that proved how much we meant to each other, even in the early stages. And it's fun now to think about all those messages and phone calls and how exciting they were at the time. I know that no one ever wants to hear the whole 'fate' thing, but if it's meant to work then it absolutely will. Trust us!


Thanks - I totally get it & need to chill the fork out!
What a great story btw!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: dating & bad timing
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2010 11:56 pm 
Offline
Making Threats to Punks Again
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:22 pm
Posts: 1117
Location: va
My brother met a girl for one night before she left for a 6 month stint in Italy for school exchange. She's back now, and going to college across the state from him, but they have been exclusive/together since they met that night.

I also think you should just enjoy it and see where it takes you! Hopefully it works out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: dating & bad timing
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:49 am 
Offline
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 613
Location: PA!
Rach*n wrote:
Hopefully it works out.


Italy sounds great, don't stress.

_________________
Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile. - Einstein.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: dating & bad timing
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:57 am 
Offline
Shopped till she dropped
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:36 pm
Posts: 1685
Location: the land of too much wine and wind
Don't forget about Skype and Google Talk and all that fancypants technology mumbo jumbo that exists these days. With some serious patience and dedication, long-distance can work. You just have to be the right kind of couple.

Try not to stress so much about the future. Enjoy the time you have together right now. When you leave, see what happens. When you get back, see what happens. Good luck.

_________________
I just brought out the carrot sticks. This is war. - paprikapapaya

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: dating & bad timing
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:02 am 
Offline
Dildo Queen
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:47 pm
Posts: 1774
Location: ontario, canada.
you can easily keep touch with him while you're gone. what an awesome opportunity for you! interning at the museum of photography, wow, congratulations, how exciting!
and yeah like everyone else is saying, enjoy yourself now, see how it progresses, if it's meant to be, it'll all work out in the end. :D

_________________
Nothing raises awareness of D3 in soy milk like hardcore anal. - Erinnerung


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: dating & bad timing
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:45 am 
Offline
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:49 pm
Posts: 422
Location: Los Angeles
rubylove wrote:
ilovemountains wrote:
What are you doing in Italy, btw?

Interning at a museum in Florence (probably the national museum of photography). Awesome huh?!


Yeah, awesome!

_________________
I've got a raging clue


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: dating & bad timing
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:07 pm 
Offline
Lactose Intolerant...Literally
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:39 pm
Posts: 691
rubylove wrote:
ilovemountains wrote:
What are you doing in Italy, btw?

Interning at a museum in Florence (probably the national museum of photography). Awesome huh?!

Very cool!

Agree with the others, if it's worth hanging on to, you will. Happened to me. I met someone I was crazy for, then he left for a 6 month working vacation (back then, no internet, skype...yeah I'm old). I was resigned to the fact that I would probably never see him again. Well, he wrote me several romantic letters, and when he came back, he called me right away! And now he's across from me snoozing in his lazyboy. You just never know!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: dating & bad timing
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:27 pm 
Offline
Baking In The Flavor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:37 pm
Posts: 182
Location: the mossy semi-wood
Quote:
Agree with the others, if it's worth hanging on to, you will. Happened to me. I met someone I was crazy for, then he left for a 6 month working vacation (back then, no internet, skype...yeah I'm old). I was resigned to the fact that I would probably never see him again. Well, he wrote me several romantic letters, and when he came back, he called me right away! And now he's across from me snoozing in his lazyboy. You just never know!


yay for romantics!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: dating & bad timing
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:30 pm 
Offline
Baking In The Flavor
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 10:37 pm
Posts: 182
Location: the mossy semi-wood
Thank you all so much, he had just left when I posted yesterday & my heart was aching. I know things will work out as they are meant to, it just feels so freaking good to be near him I don't want it to stop. Arghh - stupid love.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: dating & bad timing
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:22 pm 
Offline
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:26 pm
Posts: 208
Location: ITH
See what happens. Something vaguely similar happened to me though on a much smaller time scale. I met this guy in the spring, randomly kept running into him at the end of the semester. Ended up having a date right after the semester ended and a half week before my vacation. I went off to Germany for two weeks, but we ended up chatting online a bunch on several occasions, each for anywhere between 1-3 hours. That was a good indication that something good was happening. We met up the afternoon that I got back, and have been inseparable/dating ever since. He is most definitely one of the best things that has ever happened to me.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], mooo and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer