| FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat May 27, 2017 10:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129
 Post subject: Re: Annoying coworker situations
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:36 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

A bit back I told you guys how my boss said that she didn't like me accepting applications for rentals on holidays or holiday eves because she didn't want the girls to work then.
Well, now money here is so tight that she is accepting applications for Thanksgiving. Which is much much worse in my mind than the Halloween application I got scolded for.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 2:37 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

A bit back I told you guys how my boss said that she didn't like me accepting applications for rentals on holidays or holiday eves because she didn't want the girls to work then.
Well, now money here is so tight that she is accepting applications for Thanksgiving. Which is much much worse in my mind than the Halloween application I got scolded for.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:50 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Guys, that one colleague that I thought might give me material for this thread..... well she has been assigned as my supervisor. And from what someone said yesterday she is still making massive blunders that get other people in trouble and not her. FML.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 11:08 am 
BAD PASS

If you were supposed to be here at 7, it may not be the best time to tell me what a great employee you are and that everyone else is terrible at their jobs, IF YOU WERE AN HOUR AND 15 MINUTES LATE.

Just throwin' that out there.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:13 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I'm already PMSing so I know i'm a little irrational and extra irritable, but my co-worker tried to reach me 30 minutes before my shift, and when I got on she wanted to ask me about an email.

Instead of asking someone else who was actually working, and the one person she did ask works for another department so she didn't know. So she just left it, unanswered until I got on. It was a fairly simple question that she should know the answer to already, and anyone could've told her the answer.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 5:26 pm 
BAD PASS

I have a weird situation that's been happening lately with the new-ish (a year or so, I guess, so not THAT new) payroll woman. I'm not really sure what her job position is, other than payroll, but she is the owner's girlfriend's best friend for whatever that's worth, and I feel like that translates into the way she acts at the job (she is also super pretty, which I think also kind of affects her overall attitude/confidence). By the way she talks, she's something much higher than payroll? But I don't know. She's not mean or annoying or anything like that (in fact, she was the one that told the higher ups I deserved a raise) -- I just don't know what her position is. She's very deadpan and asks a lot of questions about my work stuff that makes me paranoid. Today, for the second time in a week, she's called my cell after work hours to ask me strange questions about tap handle stickers that I made for the pub today, at the request of the manager. I've been doing it for 7 years, but she sounded like I had done something wrong. It makes me nervous, mostly because of her tone, I think?

But yeah, I really wish I wasn't so totally awkward and was better at using the correct words to request she NOT call me outside of work about work things, because it really got in my head and I'm dying to know why that couldn't wait until tomorrow.

(But alternately, she may not have realized I was gone for the day, as I work 7-3 and she works 9-5)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:21 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Oh my Lard.
[Backstory: I am currently curating an exhibition for next January-February at a local gallery, and am liasing with the gallery manager to arrange graphic design stuff for the invites and exhibition booklet. This is an abbreviated version of our email conversation.]

Me: Here are all the images provided to me by the artists. Do you need any of them to be higher resolution?
Gallery manager (GM): Please send through all the images in high resolution.
Me: Some of them are already high-res, in particular, A and B. Do you need all of them to be higher resolution than they currently are? Also, could you please tell me what the minimum resolution/size you require is?
GM: Every image needs to be high res. We can't print anything that's not high res.
Me: Yes, sorry, I understand that. To rephrase what I was trying to ask:
- Are any of the photos already provided high res enough?
- What is the minimum resolution/size required?
GM: Oh, sorry, I misread your last email. The minimum size/resolution is 300dpi at A5 size. Also, can we use the attached image for the hard copy of the invitation?
Me: Thanks. Yes, we can use that image. I am attaching the highest resolution version of that image, which has been provided to ZYX organisation already for their print catalogue. The artist cannot make the image any larger due to this compromising the image quality.
GM: That image is not high res enough and won't work. Do you have any other images?
Me: Ok. Will any of the images I previously sent you work, in terms of being visually striking and simple enough? I can ask the artists to get higher resolution photos. Attached are my two picks.
GM: Actually it's all good! I spoke to our contact at ZYX organisation and he sent me a higher resolution version of that image!
Me: Oh good. That is the same image I attached to my earlier email. Glad it works for you.
GM: Maybe your email compressed it. Attached are the two different images.

YES I KNOW THEY ARE DIFFERENT. I SENT TWO DIFFERENT FILES TO YOU AT DIFFERENT TIMES, WITH DIFFERENT FILENAMES. MY EMAIL DID NOT COMPRESS THE FILE.

If I hear the term "hi res" again I might lose my shiitake. I am admittedly not skilled at graphic design, but I'm really trying my best to communicate clearly, and ask questions to get the information I need, and I feel like the gallery manager is just not listening to me/understanding what I'm asking and it is so frustrating.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 4:29 am 
Cranky

As someone who works with digitized photos on a daily basis, I can say you were perfectly clear. The gallery manager is being obtuse.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:41 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My boss's boss chose to start spouting off about people taking too much (clearly undeserved according to him) sick leave. He's the kind of person who would call you a wimp if your eyes start watering after you've stubbed your toe. He's got a persistent cough I doubt he's bothered to go to a doctor about but beyond that he's in pretty rude health and from the way he talks he's obviously never had serious health problems and clearly doesn't understand mental health issues either. Or confidentiality, since I now know what one of my colleagues is off sick with.

He started orating about how people who don't take sick leave should be rewarded with extra holiday, and I wasn't in the mood to just ignore him which is what I usually do. Hah! He loves to spout off but I now know he cannot take criticism of any kind! his rebuttal to me saying that people shouldn't come into work when they're sick because they might pass it on to people with compromised immune systems was "you're entitled to your opinion"!

I probably should have been more diplomatic, but I'm just sick of him being a gobshite.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:04 am 
Total Hoover

What an idiot. There is a big poster campaign in my area urging anyone who has had a cough for over three weeks to see their GP. I don't wish cancer on anyone, but it would be ironic if his own sick-leave-is-silly attitude stopped him from discovering lung cancer in the early, more treatable stages so that he developed symptoms so serious that he had to take time off work.

I assume if there was anyone higher up you could tell about the confidentiality issues, you would?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 4:53 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

GreenDuck wrote:
I assume if there was anyone higher up you could tell about the confidentiality issues, you would?

My line manager was there too, although I'm not sure if he heard. I might bring it up next time we're in supervision but it's the sort of situation that would probably end me up in more trouble for reporting than he'd get for letting it slip.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 6:07 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

That is super annoying. I once interviewed for a job in a doctor's office where he proudly told me they offered 4 weeks of "leave" for employees. This was to be used for any time off from the job. He specifically said it "encourages people to limit their sick time" because then of course they can use it for vacation time. So not only are people with significant health problems penalized because they are going to use up all their "leave" with sick days, but everyone is exposed to people trying to hoard their leave by not calling off sick. Such a bad idea.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:00 am 
BAD PASS

Yesterday my passive-aggressive coworker who whistles and makes a bunch of other noises because he knows I hate it was really having at it with the noises. But he was doing it while I was in the process of ordering him a new chair from Quill. I had him a pretty decent chair at first, but I absolutely downgraded it at least twice during his one-man-band performance.

I'm going to tell him I ordered one of those big exercise balls instead of a chair.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:11 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I love it. Petty revenge on crassholes is the best.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2016 11:37 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Hollie, I hope he says something. I hope he says something like "gosh this chair you got me blows" and then you can say "WELL MAYBE IF YOU HAD Shuttest The Forsooth Up! WHILE I WAS ORDERING IT I COULD HAVE HEARD MYSELF THINK, YOU USELESS WAD". But I imagine you hope for even more than I do.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:04 am 
BAD PASS

Well. The chair came and he "doesn't know how" to put it together. He asked if we could return it and get one that's already assembled.

Uhhh...none of them come already assembled, dude. Also, I put MY chair together, but you can't? I'm not big into saying "LOL" but there's a time and a place and that time and place is now: LOL!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2017 12:03 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

(Also posted at Reddit, because I've had such an annoying day I need to vent in two places).

I'm sick of doing things carefully at work, forwarding them to people who need to check them or have sight of them before they are sent off, then seeing that they've been sent off with terrible sloppy amendments. It makes me feel like people who see the end results are going to think I'm the person who made the typos and couldn't be bothered to spellcheck, or added a load of lines at the end of the spreadsheet that didn't follow any of the basic instructions for the project! I realise people are incredibly busy, but I've never been in this situation before, having to collaborate and defer to so many sloppy, rushed people. It's very frustrating.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:54 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My clinical supervisor is such a destructive personality type who is driving everyone bananas and ruining the work environment that I applied And interviewed for a promotion because people are leaving because of her. She is also a nasty bully to boot. The worst part is she is aware of her behaviour because I had a word with our manager about her attitude towards others and she was pulled on it (manager was waiting for someone who had the balls to report it) and now that person is kissing my asparagus but still being nasty to others.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 3218 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 125, 126, 127, 128, 129