| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 3:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 806 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 33  Next
 Post subject: Re: Annoying coworker situations
PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 3:49 pm 
Grandfathered In

(She's waiting for you to say "Don't go!")

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:02 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

someone is paranoid about taking a fake extended lunch break...

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:29 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

hihi! poor omelet ;)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:39 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I had to spend an hour and a half of my life that I will never get back sorting out the fuckup a coworker made today. Not only did he lie about and then pretend ignorance of said fuckup, he made no effort to be even the slightest bit grateful that I saved his skin (albeit whilst gritting my teeth).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 19, 2014 9:17 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

A co-worker, who is not my manager but is senior to me, has decided that she should micro-manage everything I do and treat me like I am her secretary. I am in an open concept office and she is beside me and so all day she is popping up and telling me what to do, who to email, etc. ARGH, step off, bisque!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:50 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

SO there is this big bad awful thing that has been hanging over everyone's head for months. And there was some sort of movement on it today. But no one will tell me what it is. And I am the only person being left out of the loop.
Now considering there are only three of us in the whole office... I am nominating the other two for position of very annoying.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:31 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

In the past two days, my coworker has implied (let's face it, downright said to my face) I don't know chemistry. He was shocked when he asked me if I did a very basic reaction and I said I do it weekly. Even though I do like a million different reactions every g-d day and have worked through all the hiccups during my degree without any help from anyone and am going to have 4 papers published. It's like we were discussing in the feminism thread. I have to do SO MUCH MORE than my male colleagues and also be very vocal about it, for anyone to think I'm competent. Except, who is the one who got a job offer on their first interview (me) and who is the one who has been rejected for the past two years (him).

I want to rip my hair out.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 3:46 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My manager is seriously hypersensitive right now and it is grating on my nerves. Also, her level of disorganisation is just mind-blowing.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 4:59 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Two guys come into our lobby, a clerk who works for only one attorney (I work for all of them) speaks with them, then she says "okay," and walks directly back to her boss' office. So I figure they're clients for that attorney.

Ten minutes later, clerk walks up to me and said "did I tell you that those guys are here to see [other attorney]?"

NO. NO YOU DID NOT.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:24 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

And now there is a staff meeting for everyone but me. Curious.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:01 am 
Seagull of the PPK

kfad, what the hell is going on??

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:45 am 

kfad wrote:
And now there is a staff meeting for everyone but me. Curious.

This happens all the time at my work! I HATE IT. We are a small staff and everyone hears everything through the grapevine anyway, but the owner just loves little exclusive hush hush meetings.

They had one of those the other day but didn't close the door and my desk is in the room next to them so naturally, I listened. I was filled with rage by the end of it because apparently people who I love and work great with use this exclusive opportunity to take credit for everyone else's work and reap praise. Man I was so close to busting in on them and setting everyone straight. Yes, that is how close I am at work to being ridiculously unprofessional to stoop to the level of some other coworkers.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:49 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

What amuses me about my situation is that one of the people is planning on leaving soon. And expects me to take up her slack when she does. This will not happen. I will train the new person and possibly leave myself. I have been abundantly clear on what I am willing to do. But they just don't want to hear it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:56 am 
Lime and a Coconut

vijita wrote:

They had one of those the other day but didn't close the door and my desk is in the room next to them so naturally, I listened. I was filled with rage by the end of it because apparently people who I love and work great with use this exclusive opportunity to take credit for everyone else's work and reap praise. Man I was so close to busting in on them and setting everyone straight. Yes, that is how close I am at work to being ridiculously unprofessional to stoop to the level of some other coworkers.

This is pretty much why I've left every job I've had to date. I simply cannot respect the concept alone of 'authority' enough to automatically yield to anyone who is artificially charged with it, especially if they're abusing that authority. Often this leads to me getting in trouble because I can't fake respect for someone who is an utterly miserable human being. Thankfully I'm at a place now where people generally act like decent human beings and when they don't are not above being called out (respectfully) on their shiitake. I've worked at plenty of places that pay lip service to things like 'non-hierarchy' or 'worker rights' while being absolutely atrocious to the human beings they have to work with every day. This job is the first job I've had where people walk the walk as well as talk the talk, where I truly feel valued as a person and not for how much abuse I can silently absorb.

kfad, that is the worst. I am holding out hope that the secret meeting is all about the surprise vegan cake they're planning for you, to tell you what an awesome and invaluable member of the team you are. <3

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:49 am 
Asked Santa for a pony

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
[

This is pretty much why I've left every job I've had to date. I simply cannot respect the concept alone of 'authority' enough to automatically yield to anyone who is artificially charged with it, especially if they're abusing that authority. Often this leads to me getting in trouble because I can't fake respect for someone who is an utterly miserable human being. Thankfully I'm at a place now where people generally act like decent human beings and when they don't are not above being called out (respectfully) on their shiitake. I've worked at plenty of places that pay lip service to things like 'non-hierarchy' or 'worker rights' while being absolutely atrocious to the human beings they have to work with every day. This job is the first job I've had where people walk the walk as well as talk the talk, where I truly feel valued as a person and not for how much abuse I can silently absorb.

kfad, that is the worst. I am holding out hope that the secret meeting is all about the surprise vegan cake they're planning for you, to tell you what an awesome and invaluable member of the team you are. <3

Ugh, yes, all of this. I've been let go or had to quit quite a few jobs because I just can't fall in line and pretend like I should have to listen to people who clearly do not have their shiitake together.

I want to add to this thread that I deeply sympathize with all of you, but that's all I can really say.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:29 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Nope, not vegan cake. Just a "we did it in a rush." And "it was just drinks".

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:21 am 

Nebraskalaska wrote:
Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
[

Ugh, yes, all of this. I've been let go or had to quit quite a few jobs because I just can't fall in line and pretend like I should have to listen to people who clearly do not have their shiitake together.

I want to add to this thread that I deeply sympathize with all of you, but that's all I can really say.

It's really comforting to to hear because sometimes I feel like I've jumped ship on jobs for emotional reasons and I've come to truly question whether or not I did the right thing. But I've noticed at my current job that the way I have been treated has started to kill my professional self-confidence when I am applying elsewhere, and that's total bullshiitake that it happened but also that I've let it happen. It helps in my current position to focus on the heaps of nice things outside/industry colleagues say about me because internally it's just everyone for themselves. My colleagues like to shiitake on my education and dismiss it as irrelevant when it's kind of obvious that they are pissed off because it helps me in so many ways. Who knew that a Masters in Fine Arts teaches project management skills? Not them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:36 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

My colleagues seem to have a poor ability to handle any stressful situation. Now it's not all of them but a good few of them are like that. Now I'm quite good in a stressful situation. I stay calm and can act logically even though it is an area I haven't been working in the area long. My issue is that I can't actually handle their stress. Once I'm out of work my stress levels spiral. Thanks to them not being able to leave their stress go I then keep getting exposed to that stress over the following days which really makes my stress stick around even though it isn't even my bloody stress in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:39 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I sent out an email saying the exec team (then listed all members of the exec team) was at an off-site meeting. There are 6 people in the exec team. One person came through immediately after I sent the email asking if 2 other people (whose names were on the list) were at the meeting. She later came through and asked if the CEO (whose name was first on the list) was at the meeting. Read the forking email!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:28 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Ohhh, see, that's where I get into trouble with being sassy because I simply would have re-sent the previous email with no new information or response.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 2:18 pm 
Dead by dawn

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Ohhh, see, that's where I get into trouble with being sassy because I simply would have re-sent the previous email with no new information or response.

Definitely HAVE done this, occasionally with highlighting added for emphasis. Which may have made me the annoying coworker.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:27 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Oh, jeez... I hear a hubbub and a lot of confused voices in the copy room. After about five minutes of this I am asked for assistance.

Two of the drums needed replacing in the copy machine and the machine wouldn't do any more jobs until they were changed. There is a large 5x7" touch screen display on the machine that gives you step-by-step diagrams on which panel to open, which handle to pull, and what the part to be changed looks like. As you perform each step, the sensors recognize the action and give you the next instruction/diagram. All our supplies (which are kept current and plentiful by me!) are neatly stacked by the machine and each is clearly labeled with what it is using about 20 point font. Despite all this, my two co-workers had unwrapped and "replaced" two completely different parts that weren't even behind the same panel that the display was instructing them to open, and could not figure out why it wasn't working.

READING IS FUNDAMENTAL.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:48 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Erika Soyf*cker, YES THIS. YES THIS ALL DAY LONG. (for the first year and a half at my job I was the copymachine guru and now the other woman in my tiny mini-department is the copymachine guru and has to deal with the same shiitake. Copy machine jams-instead of fixing, coworkers will WALK AWAY. Leaving their job jammed and ALL the jobs behind it backed up. Urgh.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:02 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

lillianp wrote:
Copy machine jams-instead of fixing, coworkers will WALK AWAY. Leaving their job jammed and ALL the jobs behind it backed up. Urgh.

RAGE. SO MUCH RAGE.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:07 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

I'm totally guilty of re-sending emails when people ask me questions I've already answered. I try not to be a bisque about it because I miss things too sometimes, but if it's obvious someone just chose not to read something, that's forking annoying.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 806 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 33  Next